sixteen

This Kind of Relationship

Jiyong was coming back from his concerts in Macau. He needed some recharges, indeed. Somehow, he found it irony when everyone always thought that people like him must always feel great. They never understood how hard it was to be like him. He knew he had always wanted a life like this, and he did not regret it. But for sometimes, he wished he could just be a normal person with a normal life. Though, he knew his passion for music was too great to fulfill that wish. He could not go back, so he just had to go forward.

 

Jiyong: Jiji ~

Jiyong: (insert a photo of himself at the airport)

Jiyong: What you doing?

Jieun: Hello

Jieun: (insert a photo of herself just waking up)

Jiyong: Oh.. uri Jiji just woke up?

Jiyong: It’s almost noon kkkk

Jieun: When will you fly?

Jiyong: I’m boarding in 30mins

Jieun: Oh.. Did you eat?

Jieun: It’s almost lunchtime.

Jiyong: Yes. I had some ramyeon…

Jieun: Ramyeon?

Jiyong: Noodle cup to be exact.

Jieun: Ya

Jieun: You should eat proper meal oppa

Jiyong: Too lazy kkkk

Jieun: I’m going to make you eat proper meal

Jiyong: (insert another photo of himself)

Jiyong: I’m bored

Jieun: Don’t be irrelevant Jiyongie

Jieun: Listen to omma.

Jiyong: Nae nae omma

 

Jieun grinned in her blanket. These days, Jieun found herself happy for every small details of him. Everything he did would make her smile all the time. She, somehow, was glad that he had come to her life. She wondered how it would turn out if she did not open her heart to him. Then, she realized that things happened for some reasons. They met at the time when they had someone else to love; they started getting close within a special friendship; and they never had intentions of feeling anything to each other. Jieun wondered how the globe could end up spinning their hearts around, and eventually they were here. It was really amazing for Jieun, someone who never actually believed in a happy ending. Jieun knew it was too early to know if this was a happy ending or not, but starting from now she wanted to hope for it.

 

“Wow wow wow. Hold up bro.” Youngbae laughed hard like a psycho. He could not believe what he had just heard.

Jiyong seriously looked at Youngbae. He did not find any of this that funny to be a reason for Youngbae’s amusement. Also, Jiyong somehow felt that the laughters of Youngbae were so sarcastic.

“Sorry bro.” Youngbae held himself up. “So you were saying you guys are dating?”

Jiyong nodded.

“For real? You.” Youngbae pointed to Jiyong. “And her?” Youngbae then pointed to some space in the air, refering to Jieun.

Jiyong continued to nod.

“You guys are going out?” Youngbae would imitate two of his fingers like a pair of legs which were walking.

Another nod.

And then, Youngbae kept asking those kinds of questions for confirmations; however, he seemed like he would never accept it.

“Ok Youngbae. We are dating. For real. Me and Jieun. WE. ARE. DATING.” Jiyong eventually gave up on nodding.

“Ok. Story time.”

“What?”

“Tell me the whole story.”

Despite Jiyong’s irritation on Youngbae, he would tell his friend everything. As he was speaking, Youngbae noticed his friend’s expression. It was so refreshing that Youngbae was signally surprised.

 

“Wow. That girl is just so...” Youngbae tried to find any words. “Extra.”

“Extra?” Jiyong was confused.

“I meant.. she did not look like someone who will say things like that first. And also, she’s the girl Jiyong.”

“Well, I find that interesting you know. I never really realize that she is interesting. That’s weird.”

“You’re weird too dude.”

“Huh?”

“I never see you like this. Really. I swear.”

“I know bro. I’m still surprised with myself.”

 

Jiyong was indeed amazed how he could turn out to be like this. Sometimes, he would wake up asking himself thousands of questions. He wondered how he could just fall for this kind of girl. She was refreshing to him, and he used to hate the idea of dating someone like her. But, afterall he found himself thinking more of her, missing more of her, and... loving more of her.

 

“But, I think she’s the best so far.” Youngbae made a random joke between their games.

“Huh?”

“I felt a different sense from you when you’re talking about her.”

“Dude. What do you mean?”

“You seem to be so...”

Youngbae would make a hum sound.

“Serenity. You look so peaceful.”

 

 

 

“Hello oppa.” Jieun picked up the phone with a high tone of voice.

“Hello Jiji. What you doing?”

“This.” Then, Jieun would show him her new muse.

“What’s that??????”

Jiyong would try to look at it without thinking of something else. It looked sloppy and muddy, except for its color not to be really dirty though. It was a yellow one.

“You know slime?” Jieun continued to play with it, despite a weird gaze from Jiyong.

“What? Slime? Slime... Slime... Ahhh.. ah ahh..” Jiyong remembered he had seen something familiar on Instagram. “Are those things that were kinda fluffy and you could do anything with it right?”

“Oh. It also made you so satisfied by their touch and their sounds. It sounds like ASMR. I like it.” Jieun grinned.

“But where can you get it?”

“I asked Hunteo oppa to find it for me since he knows everything. That oppa knows a lot. Sometimes I'm surpised.”

“Well, for your information, I can find a lot of things for you too. I know a lot too.” Jiyong was a jelly guy, somehow.

Jieun would chuckle over his cute jealousy.

“Oppa can buy me a purple one.”

Jiyong made an ‘OK’ sign with her fingers and finally smiled. Jiyong was easy-jealous, but also was easy-handling.

“By the way, how about tomorrow?”

“Oh yea it’s Tuesday tomorrow.”

“What do you want to do Jieun?”

“Hmmm... Let me think.”

 

Jieun would start to think while Jiyong was already having something on his mind. He just wanted to be with her. He just wanted to feel her around. He just wanted to spend time with her as much as possible. And Jiyong needed recharges.

 

“Do you want to come over my place?”