seventeen

This Kind of Relationship

The moment Jieun agreed to come over Jiyong’s house, she believed she did it recklessly. It was too risky for both of them, especially for him since Jiyong was much more famous than her. She was afraid she could ruin him, which she never wanted to. Though, she wanted to know how his place was like. Looking through the phones did not cover all of the curiosity out of Jieun. She wondered how it was like to live in a big house, alone. He had been staying at his own apartment these days, not his parents’ house. That was fortunate for Jieun. She did not have a gut to meet his parents yet, she was not prepared.

Jieun spent hours just to fight her own mind for going or not. She also thought of the reason just to deny him. Should she say she had an urgent meeting that day? But deep down inside her, she really wanted to go. She was dying to meet him. She missed him so much.

Well, she could not get enough. She knew it could be now or never.

 

Jieun could not drive alone. She did not drive at all, to be honest. Jiyong offered her a drive but she denied it. It would be more trouble for both of them, Jieun knew it. She chose to ask Inna.

“Jieun ah…” Inna looked at her.

“Please unnie… I cannot ask any oppa manager.” Jieun pouted.

“Why?”

“They don’t know yet unnie…”

“Really? How long are you going to hide from them?” Inna was worried that Jieun could get into trouble.

“They did know we’re kinda close, but not dating. Only unnie.”

“Hmmmmmm…” Inna was still not convinced.

“Unnie. We can only see each other once a week. Then he will go for a while like a month without going back to Seoul.”

Jieun knew she did not have enough time to spend with him, that was why she was begging Inna. Inna was the only one who could understand Jieun.

“Ok then.” Inna would finally give in. She wanted her sister to be happy though.

“Thank you unnie. You’re the best Yoo Inna.” Jieun hugged Inna tight, loudly giggled.

“You’re that happy?” Inna would grin. “Babo Jieun.”

 

 

When Jiyong opened the door, he held his breath. This was also not the first time a girl came to his place; though, he was nervous. Then, Jiyong saw her in his favourite look, basic tee with shorts. Jiyong always loved this simplified look of her, which made Jiyong feel like she was made to be the only one for him, indeed. He wished no other man could ever see this side of Jieun; he wanted her to be his own.

Jieun’s face was blank. Jiyong grinned at how her expression was like. She was definitely nervous too.

“Welcome to Jiyong’s cave.” Jiyong would make a small sound of woo and pull Jieun into his side. “Come in.”

 

Jiyong’s apartment was full of paintings and pictures. He liked to collect aesthetic stuff and put it around his house. He lived for arts, he believed so. Jiyong supposed that arts made him alive, besides music. Why? He was always alone, somehow, and he was always looking for something to complete his lonesome. In some ways, arts could fill up his soul, and conquer his feelings. Everything almost became art for him as long as it healed his soul. Sometimes, Jiyong wondered if Jieun was some kind of art, because she was the only one that could ever cover his oblivion, his empty essence.

“Well, should I let you visit my room first?” Jiyong held Jieun’s hand and pulled her into a big room with dark-painted walls.

“Wow.” That was all Jieun could say.

Jiyong’s room was not that big inside. Although she did see this room by any ways during the phone conversations with Jiyong, she could not bring herself to remember the scene clearly. The reason was because Jiyong never really had been in the room. He always slept on the sofa, sometimes Jieun wondered why but she supposed that people could have preference. But now she made a different sense of mind. His room was somehow, covered with solitariness too. Jieun wretched how this man always had to put up with being alone and everything belonging to him now was wearing that look of loneliness too. That would make her heart shattered too, because she, too, never wanted her loved ones to experience those tiring days, especially him.

 

“Is that the place oppa use to compose song?” Jieun walked toward the place.

Jieun would notice a small corner in the room. It was the place for Jiyong to create many hits that had stood in the charts for ages. It was the place when Jiyong poured his own heart to write all of the sincere lyrics. It also was the place for Jiyong to stay up all night long in order to work the best out of him. Jieun would start to imagine Jiyong sitting there, composing songs, writing lyrics and she would giggle at how attractive he was when he was in concentration at that time.

“Why are you laughing?” Jiyong would sit on his bed, looking at Jieun.

“Nothing. I’m thinking of something.” Jieun would not stop smiling.

“Something? What is it?” That response would crave more curiousity out of Jiyong.

Jieun would not say, still giggling. Then, she would notice a photo of his family on the counter.

“This. This is so lovely.” Jieun would smile at the young Jiyong in the photo.

“What’s that?”

“Youngy Jiyongie. And your family.” Jieun would smile.

Jiyong always loved his family that much. He felt blessed that God gave him a great family in which they had supported him from the beginning of his career. That was why whenever or wherever he had been, there would be a part of his family that would come along.

 

“Jieun ah. Come here.”

Jieun took a glimpse at Jiyong and was taken back. He was sitting on the bed and he looked so tired, yet he was opening his arms waiting for Jieun to come to his side. Jiyong needed someone to hold him tight right now, and Jieun was the only one. He looked at her, waiting for her body to move.

When Jieun found herself being in his arms, she felt great. It was the warmth of happiness, the warmth of concealing and the warmth of love. They sensed their heartbeats harmonized into one rhythm, and they sensed their souls blending into one other. Jiyong needed only this, her scent, her warmth, her love, her breath and her existence.

“I really need some recharges.” Jiyong whispered between his breathes.

“I’m here.” She said.

 

When Jieun was with him, everything else seemed to be shunned away. She did not think of anything, and she did not care at all. All she knew was right now she was here, with him. When Jiyong was with her, his soul felt reconciled and his exhaustion died away. He only knew he was living for this moment, and he wished that time could stop for a while.

They were happy, deeply in their souls. It was amazing how two bleeding hearts were now curing each other’s pains, when they were once both filled with fear of being hurt. It was amazing how they were so reluctant to open their hearts, but now they found someone could made their hearts beat again. It was amazing how they acted like they were not desperate for love, but now they found themselves falling for each other more and more everyday.

 

“It’s really tired, isn’t it?”

“Huh?” Jiyong breathed through her hair.

“I’m sorry.” Jieun still hugged him tight. “I’m sorry for making you have felt this loneliness for so long.”

Jiyong heard a sob. He turned her face to him; there were tears shedded from her eyes. Jieun just felt so bad because she had not known how struggle it was for Jiyong to have been through those days.

“I’m sorry.” Jieun was still crying. “I cannot do anything about this and all I could do is cry. I’m sorry oppa.”

Jiyong patted her head and gave a peck on her lips. Then, he wiped her tears with his fingers and gave another peck. Then, he picked her nose and gave another peck. Then, he tucked her hair up and gave another peck. He did that again and again for so long until Jieun would stop crying.

“It was tired.” Jiyong said, playing with her hair. “But it doesn’t matter anymore.”

Jieun would look at him. He leaned close to her face letting his nose touch her nose.

 

“Cause now I have you, Lee Jieun. That’s enough.”

 


Hi guys, thank you for your supports. Everyday I come up here and see your comments/subscribers/notifications and it totally raises up my mood.

I found myself desperate for these two people to be with each other because I felt like they could fill up each other's vacancy ㅠㅠ Then I would think that I was totally nonsense for that because they could love whoever they wanted right? There are some days I've told myself just to give up this delusional ideas and move on to continue supporting IU and GD because it's no help at all to keep on this delusional ideas. But as I keep watching the videos of their last performances, I can't help but feeling so desperate for all of these things to happen ㅠㅠ 

Anyway, I will still continue to work on this story. I don't want to let you guys down, and I still have hope even though it's like only 0.00000001%

Once again, thank you so much everyone. PEACE!