Electrodes - 16

Scrub Suits and Pillow Talks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Update for tonight! Jealousy starts now!

Let us marvel at this goddess tonight... 😍

Thank you to all our subscribers! 

Peace yow! ✌

----------

 

 


3 days before the wedding...

 

The President summons me in Cheong Wa Dae this morning because of an important family meeting. It was Kim Samchon who delivered the message to me saying that it's high level important and my father strongly advises I don't skip it.


I dont know why but it feels weird. He only summons us for family meetings when there's an important announcement that we have to know. Lucky I already filed a 3-day leave starting today in preparation of the wedding.


Is it a life and death situation? Is he going to announce that he and Mom are finally filing for divorce? Is North Korea attacking? Are we going to war once again!? Am I to be deployed as a doctor on the battlefield!?


Stupid Soojung!


I collected my things and stuffed it inside my bag. My phone chimed with its special ring tone, a small smile written in my lips knowing who it is. I read the message biting my lips.


From: Idiot


Mornings aren't beautiful if you're not in my arms. I miss you Forehead 😘

 


I typed a quick message walking to my balcony, basking in the rays of the early morning sun.

 


To: Idiot


I miss you too idiot 😚

If you didn't took that shift from Dr. Shim last night, we would have been together this morning. Eat your breakfast... I already asked P1 to deliver it on the room. Sleep first and we'll talk later babe. 😘

 

I pressed the 'SEND' button and shoved my phone in my denim short pocket. I went back inside and saw Kim Samchon picking up my travelling bag full of my clothes for 3 days and another bag for my shoes.


"Good morning Dr. Jung! Ready to go? The C.O.S. already called me to remind you about the meeting." Byul smiled at me and hands my usual Iced Coffee, we walked out of my door with Samchon behind us locking it.


We were in the elevator when Byul spoke again informing me of my schedule for today. I don't even know why I have a schedule outside my practice.


"So it's breakfast meeting today with the family Dr. Jung... After that, a lunch in the palace with some politicians who are invited to the wedding.."


I shook my head like a kid while sipping on my straw. "Scratch that, I won't attend that lunch. Im not the one getting married. Anything else?"


"Okay scratch that..." She checks her Samsung tablet scratching on the screen with its stylus. "So... Err... High tea with the wives of those politicians. Your mother will host it.."


"Nope...not a wife. Single as ..." She giggled in laughter with what I said. Then I realized I said something wrong and thought of Amber. "I mean... I...not single.. but... Aisssh! Whatever!" I ruffled my hair in frustration.


"Yeah Doc... I know the feeling. Don't worry, you'll have your chance to define what your relationship is." I glared at her but she just laughed at me quietly.


Its just that... What are we really? I call her my girlfriend but that's just in my own. We call each other an endearment, we see each other every shift and any time we're free. But it's just inside the room...


We hug, we kiss, we sleep... Like really sleep snore type of thing and not the other kind of 'sleep'. Although the other day it was almost... Sigh... It was Soojung's unlucky day. If she didn't bump her head on the metal frame, maybe we already hit the homerun.


My cheeks suddenly felt hot by the thought of me and Amber finally doing it. You really are a byuntae Soojung! Tsk tsk.


Scratch that! I shook the thoughts away from my head. Byul noticed me and I heard her chuckling earning a glare from me.


We arrived at the official residence and went straight to my room. I never really use this room at all, the most I stayed is when I got back from San Francisco. That's why there's no trace of my things inside, all I needed is packed in a suitcase that P2 and Samchon are carrying.


I sat on my bed, looking around the room's interior. Sigh... 3 days 2 nights of sleeping alone on this bed without my snuggle buddy.


Snuggle buddy.


Is that all we are?


But I can feel how much I mean to her... Does it mean I get the right to be jealous of anyone who will try to get her attention? I know her... Before we started acting like two secret lovers, she was the flirtiest person I know.


We will be away from each other for 3 days & 2 nights... I wonder what is she going to do on those 3 days we're away from each other...


Is she going to go back to her flirty ways on those 3 days I'm away?! Ottoke~....


She's invited to the wedding, I'll just have to get through these days of being a good daughter and we'll see each other again. I just hope Dad won't do his matchmaking moves again and pair me with that Jerk Kang.

 

 

------


The whole family are seated around the dining table having coffee and cake. The brunch was great, but Dad's look at me from time to time makes me nervous and at the same time, annoyed.


If he wants to say anything, he should spill it out. I sulk on my seat poking on the cake just looking at the lawn.


Maybe unnie noticed the bored look of my face that's why she nudge my shoulders to straight up. I didn't know Dad was calling my attention because I wasn't listening, my thoughts are kilometers away back in the hospital and the person I terribly miss.


I looked at his direction at the head of the table and bowed my head at him slightly. I'm just bored Dad... Sorry.


"Forgive me Mr. President, my mind was just a little... pre-occupied." I smiled at my father but I know that smile didn't even reach my eyes.


He cleared his throat and spoke again "As I was saying, Soojung you should join me and your mother when we welcome the guests on the wedding day. " My eyebrow raised to the blue roof of this residential place because of what Dad said.


Why do I have to be with them?


The custom is, the parents of the bride and groom will be the one to welcome the guests at the entrance of the ballroom. Why am I included?


I'm just the youngest sister... to be honest I don't have any big roles here. I'm just going to quietly attend the wedding ceremony, then halfway to the reception I'll leave with my Idiot. Maybe have a date again at N Tower if its possible.


"Dad..." Yun-ho Oppa intervened, giving me a small smile and turned his attention to our Father. "Soojung doesn't have to welcome the guests. She has to help Yuri and Jessica on their preparation, isn't it Mom?"


Mom nodded at Oppa and looked at me with mischief in her eyes "Yes, she is. Yobeo, Jessica needs Soojung to assist her. Yuri too..." How can I not love you Mom?! You are the greatest!


"I need Soojung Dad while preparing.. besides, Uncle and Auntie will be there with you and Mom. Why do you need Soojung? She might just embarass herself there." I must be too bored to get back at unnie's teasing, but it's true. I will just embarass myself there, shaking hands of people I don't know.


Dad suddenly pounded his fist on the table startling us all. The look on his eyes is priceless. He can't believe we are ganging up on him, his own family not following his orders.


"I can't believe this behaviour from all of you!" He glared at me and pointed his finger trying to control his anger. "You... Jung Soojung. When I say you will accompany us, you will do it! No questions asked! Maybe you are forgetting something..."


My brows furrowed on what he said. What the hell Mr. President?! "I am the President of this country, I am your father. You will do what I tell you to do!"


I took a deep breath and stood up from my seat controlling my temper and turned to him "I know Mr. President, you are my father. But I would also like you to know that I am your daughter and I am at age to decide what I want to do with my life. If I say I don't like to, I don't like to do it." I bowed at him and at Mom who's eyes are in a smile while looking proudly at me. "If you'll excuse me, I have an important call to make."


I started to walk to the door when his voice boomed in the dining hall "I haven't dismiss you Jung Soojung! Get back to your seat and we will finish this talk!"


"Dad! Just let Soojung go..." Unnie told him rubbing his back. She gave me a nod to just go but Dad still insists.


"Get back to your seat Soojung! We're not done yet!" I stopped on my tracks and turned my body to face them. I saw a smirk on Dad's mouth "I already talked to Chairman Kang of Kang Pharmaceuticals. His son wants you as his bride, we will announce your engagement to Dr. Kang Minhyuk on the day of the wedding."


I felt the earth stood still when Dad said those good for nothing words. There are a lot of words I want to say, but I'm too shock to say it. The only words that was able to escape in my lips are....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"What the ?!"

 

 

 


Amber's POV

 

"Hey Am... Where's Dr. Jung?" Key asked me while we chill at the rooftop of the hospital. I was playing my violin doing Vivaldi's Spring concerto while thinking of the fidget princess. She haven't text me again after our small text exchange this morning.


I rested the violin on my lap and looked at the orange Seoul sky to watch the sunset "She's in Cheong Wa Dae... They are prepari

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter