The Best Actor

What is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Will you come to my house first?”


Jessica asked her boyfriend as she embraced his waist. This evening, she was in the train station with her boyfriend waiting for the train to come. Jessica wore a red mini dress with baseball jacket and sneakers, she looked beautiful yet fashionable in it. Taeyeon wasn’t wearing uniform though, looked like they just had their Saturday date.


“Maybe. I’ve nothing to do at home though.” Taeyeon answered as he took off his hand from Jessica’s shoulder and held her palm tight. He did it because the train was coming and he wanted to make sure that she wouldn’t be left behind. As soon as the train arrived, they entered but unluckily the train had a lot of passengers. No seat for them but Taeyeon didn’t want to let his girlfriend get tired standing while hanging on the handle in the crowded train.


“Emm… I’m sorry, would you please give a seat for my wife? She’s pregnant and the priority seats are already full.” Taeyeon said to a middle 20s man who got a seat. That man responded warmly, he smiled to him and Jessica who he thought was Taeyeon’s wife. He stood up and gave the seat to Jessica. 


Taeyeon had Jessica to sit but Jessica puzzled and tried to refuse it. “B-but Tae…”


“Sshh… just sit, honey,” Taeyeon said then her stomach while said, “I don’t want to make our baby get tired. So sit, okay?”


‘What baby are you talking about?’ that words was in Jessica’s head, but didn’t shout it out. She just sat, obeyed what her boyfriend told her to do. She felt a bit guilty to the man who had that seat earlier, but also felt relief that she hadn’t to stand along the passengers. What Taeyeon did was a sweet yet simple action, and there’s also someone who saw it as well.


“Heard you’re pregnant, how many months, miss?”


Jessica turned her head and saw a middle age woman stared at her. That woman looked pleased while wondered that someone who sat beside her was already pregnant in her young age. Jessica puzzled, frozen, and lost her mind, she couldn’t think of any possible answer. But then Taeyeon answered her, “2 months, ma’am. Our first child.”


“Wow… congratulations then. Hope you will always healthy, both you and your child,” that middle age woman said to Jessica then said again to Taeyeon, “Then you have to protect her more. She has your child in her womb.”


‘What? There’s nothing inside my womb.’ Jessica thought that with her widened eyes while her hand her own stomach as if wondering whether a baby was sleeping inside or not. She looked at Taeyeon and found him smiled to the woman. She still puzzled but Taeyeon seemed so calm and full of joy.


After almost an hour in the train, they arrived in their destination place, Jessica’s house. Only 10 minutes after their arrival, Jessica’s parents went off. They needed to attend a business partner’s party and it meant they had to leave their daughters with Taeyeon. As they expected, Taeyeon could be a good man for the Jung sister. He even helped Krystal with her homework.


“Wow. Oppa is so smart, not like eonni. She can’t even understand the question.” Krystal complemented Taeyeon in front of her older sister who sat with her stupid face.


“It’s not that I can’t understand the question, Krys. I just can’t understand why math keep finding her X and can’t realize that her X is sick of her and decided to found someone else.”


 “Owh you’re so smart, my Jessie…” Taeyeon said as he Jessica’s head softly with his flawless face and said again, “God has always been fair. He gave you such a pretty face because he forgot to give you a brain.”


---


Night became late; it was past 8 and Jessica’s parents didn’t get home yet. Krystal looked sleepy, she used Taeyeon’s thighs as her pillow. Meanwhile, her sister also used Taeyeon’s shoulder as her head support. Taeyeon was just close to Krystal now that he had 3 years already with Jessica as his girlfriend. But Jessica never felt the same, she hasn’t even met Taeyeon’s family at all.


“Tae, when will you introduce me to your family?” Jessica asked with her eyes glued to the TV and her head leaned comfortably on Taeyeon’s shoulder. Her voice sounded free from tension and anxiety, but it was only how it sounded. Actually, deep inside her heart, she wondered why her boyfriend has never brought her to his family. Even there was a time when she thought her boyfriend was ashamed of her so that he didn’t let her meet his family.


“I will, Sica. Just wait.” Taeyeon answered calmly. He wanted to convince his girlfriend that it was only time they need to waiting for. If Jessica thought that Taeyeon was shame on her, the real reason was more complicated. Taeyeon had a lot of thing to think first before introduce Jessica to his family. ‘My family is not as simple as yours, Sica.’ Those words were echoing inside his head. But he couldn’t say it.


“But it’s not that you ashamed of me or something, right? Am I that embarrassing? Is it because of my grades? Arghh… I should study hard.”


“People said that no one is perfect in this world. Well, I think I need to standing by the side of a busy road while grabbing your picture and saying that I’ve found a perfect person.” Taeyeon said those sweet words with his warm eyes stared at Jessica’s. Then he said again, “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter