My Golden Sky

What is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona and Taeyeon sat next to each other in Yoona's car. Their palms met, even Yoona laid her head on Taeyeon's shoulder. They had a driver with them, so they could have their trip effortless. But Taeyeon seemed unpleased. Well, he was just always looked like that every time he had Yoona around. It wasn't that he hates her or something, but he did hate it when he had to pretend to be someone else. Every single time that Yoona was beside him, he felt like his soul was confined in a golden enclosure and no one could set him free.


Bzzz.. bzzzz… Taeyeon's phone rang. It was on a silent mode, so only its vibrated could be felt by the owner. Taeyeon looked at the screen and found out that ‘My princess J' was calling. He was a bit nervous, he didn't want Yoona to know about it, and on the other hand he also wanted to answer it. Dilemma. But his brain talked again and told him not to pick up Jessica's calls.


“Oppa, my mom asked when you will come over. Looks like she already misses you.” Yoona said that and made Taeyeon woke up from his dilemma world. He buried his phone in his pockets and tried to forget that Jessica ever called him so he could answer Yoona without any worries.


“Mmm? I got busy with my homework and football practices lately. Not sure when I can see her. But she's okay, right?”


“Mmm.. she just misses you, oppa. You know how my mom loves you. You should come over when you have leisure.”


“Yea, sure. I'll come and see her.”


**


“That midget is really ignoring me now?” Jessica looked annoyed. She threw her phone to her bed as she looked outside the window. She wondered why on earth her boyfriend didn't pick up her calls. She was angry as hell. But then she remembered something, her 3 gloomy days. She remembered that Taeyeon hasn't answered her phone just like tonight. She started to be panic and annoyed at the same time.


‘Make me love you~ make me love you~'


Jessica's phone rang. Her ringtone filled her entire bedroom. She jumped to her bed and grabbed her phone. ‘My Taengoo~' was calling. Her eyes widened, filled with happiness, relief, and also anger. 


“Kim Taeyeon! How many times have you ignored me hah? Why didn't you answer my calls? Aaa… I know, you were with a girl right? Seolhyun? Again?”


“Wait… Jessica, I can explain.”


“What's that? I want a good reason for this or I will kick your instead.”


“Um… I like my ringtone.”


“…”


“Hello? Jessica? Are you there? Still alive?”


“You're no jokes, Tae. I like my ringtone? Oh God… I can't believe this.”


“I'm not calling you back to get your nags, Jessica. Tell me, why did you call me? Is there a problem? Or you're already missing me huh?”


“I did. I missed you. But now I get disgusted.”


 “Okay then, let's end up our call now.”


“Oh wait. No no, don't end it. Hah Taengoo…”


“So don't nag at me. Your shrill voice is already making a headache so stop use it for nagging.”


“You keep teasing me though. Actually I called you because I couldn't sleep. But when you didn't answer my call, it became worse. So now you need to take the responsibilities.”


“Uh uh? So you want me to sing a lullaby for you?”


“Sure.”


“Listen and make sure you're gonna sleep, okay?”


“Mmm…”


“In my darkest time… you're my burning light… you guide the way, like fireflies…”


Jessica was already on her bed now. She comforted herself while she had her phone on her ear, listening to her boyfriend singing. Taeyeon kept singing. His soft voice, the romantic yet sweet song, were the best combination to make Jessica fall asleep.


“You'll never know… behind my smile, I wanna tell you, you're my golden sky~”


“Taengoo… I love you…” Jessica murmured. She was half asleep but still managed herself to speak it out.


“Goodnight, Sica. Thanks' for loving me and I love you too.”


Uh? Taeyeon finally said that he loves Jessica. He meant it, it was not ‘as if' he loves her but he does love her, full-heartedly. But unfortunately, Jessica couldn't hear Taeyeon's confession. She was already in her dreamland. In her mind, Taeyeon was still a boyfriend who has never said ‘I love you' to her. Poor Jessica.


**


Tiffany pouted, she looked annoyed by something. She sat in her seat alone, didn't know where her boyfriend was. Then Jessica came with Taeyeon's hand on her shoulder. Tiffany looked at them and it worsen her mood.


“Don't show your freaking intimacy in front of my eyes, Taeyeon, Jessie.” Tiffany said with her terrifying voice. She had a problem, that's probably right. Tiffany never looked this angry, Jessica should be the one who looked so, actually. But today was different, Jessica got her heaven and Tiffany was left behind in the hell.


“Do you fight with Yuri, Tiff?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter