The Secret

What is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Taeyeon kissed Jessica on the lips affectionately. Even though it was only a light kiss but it talked a lot about Taeyeon’s feeling towards Jessica. Taeyeon was just that kind of man, never said that he loves her but showed it instead. That kiss was an example, a simple yet romantic thing that cause Jessica’s heart raced.


“Go home safely taengoo,” Jessica said after the kiss. Taeyeon hummed with a sweet smile. 


As the sun set, they had to be separated. While Jessica was already inside her house, Taeyeon still needed to go to his house by himself. It only took around 10-15 minutes for Taeyeon to get home. Yap, their house wasn’t far away from each other but yet Jessica didn’t know the exact address of Taeyeon’s house. No wonder, Taeyeon was the one who didn’t want Jessica to know about his house nor his family. He hid it, as tight as he could.


His eyes filled with happiness, of course it was because of his girlfriend. But his gaze turned cold and frightened once he got home. He saw his father sat on the living room sofa while read a business magazine. His eyes met Taeyeon’s when he closed the door.


“Get your tuxedo. I’ve set a dinner with Im family at XX restaurant.” His father said as he stood up. He put the magazine on the sofa and buttoned his blazer. Then he said again without staring at his son’s eyes, “One more thing, don’t forget to use your ring. And make sure that you don’t cause any mistake.”


After those firm words and cold expressions he gave, he left. He opened the door and disappeared behind it. Taeyeon remained silent. Felt like thousands of needles piercing his body. He was in doubt, didn’t what to decide. But he followed his heart which meant against his father’s words. Rather than going to the dinner, he preferred to go to Jessica’s house. 


It was night but it was okay for him not to be at home. He didn’t enter her house nor chatted with Jessica outside, he was only on the outside alone. Just stood and saw her house which looked beautiful with all the lights. Didn’t know why, but he felt more comfort and the serene night helped him calm. But heart never be logic or considered the impact, so what goes around comes around. Taeyeon got his father’s mad later.


“Damn you little !” his father exploded as his fist landed on Taeyeon’s cheek. He looked wrath and he wreaked it by hurting his son. He kept punching him as swearing, “What did I say to you earlier? Come and get dinner with Im family, but what have you done? I promise, I’ll kill you once you do it again. Understood?”


Taeyeon could only shut his mouth, received all the punches, and let his father hurt him even more. Actually it’s not a big deal for him to stand the pain all over his body, but the one in his heart, he couldn’t stand it.


“Dad, I have a girlfriend already. Stop your plan, please.”  Taeyeon begged; hope his father would consider his tears. But it only made his threatening look worse.


“What did I ask? Do you understand that you can’t redo what you’ve done tonight Taeyeon?”


“Dad.”


“Do you understand or not?!” he yelled, looked like his patient tolerance reached the peak. Taeyeon nodded his head because he didn’t want to make the condition become worse. As he nodded his head, his father withdrew. He took a step back, left his son lying on the floor with bleeding wounds on his face.


His father has always been that creepy. His anger was the worst. He could really punch his own son with his hands. Actually, Taeyeon was not the only victim of his anger but also his wife, Taeyeon’s mom. Taeyeon touched his wounds and it reminded him to his mother. The moment which happened when he was about 7, he was just a little boy but he surely could recall that moment until now. 


“You’re such a stupid !” Taeyeon’s father yelled at his mother while his hand slapped her wet cheeks. His mother was crying but her tears couldn’t make him hesitates his acts. That night, his father was in high dudgeon and his mom was only receiving slaps and punches from him.


“Oppa, please think about our son. He’s still 7. How could you set an engagement for him?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter