Empty Hope

What is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica was ready to go to school. Uniform checked, bag checked, shoes checked. Everything’s ready except a companion, her train partner, Taeyeon. That’s what made her suddenly sad. She stood before a mirror, looked at herself, pretty but sorrowful. And then something crossed her mind when she looked at her lamp table. Something usually sat there, but now there was nothing.


She walked to her wardrobe, searched something inside. Rummaged her own wardrobe roughly. After some minutes, she found what she wanted. A box. Yea it was a box she used to hide her beluga. She took it out and looked at it for a while.


“I’m sorry for abandoning you,” Jessica whispered as she smiled. Then she put it on the table like before and said again, “Don’t worry, now I’m following my heart.”


**


“Do you ever hear someone named Jessica Jung?” Yoona’s father asked his daughter. Looked like he was searched about something and found another fact. Heard that name, didn’t make Yoona surprised. Well, she was just clueless about it though.


“Mmm? No. I’ve never heard that before.”


“I heard that she was the one who moved Taeyeon to the Jung Hospital. It means, she is someone related to Taeyeon.”


“Jessica Jung… Jung hospital… don’t say that it is her hospital?”


“It is. The owner is her father. Our company hasn’t any relation with them, so it’s hard to find information about them. But I believe that Jessica Jung has relation with Taeyeon, no matter what it is.”


Yoona remained silent. Her father looked still mad at Taeyeon and hated him so bad. How couldn’t he be so? Taeyeon hurt his beloved daughter. So until now, he still addicted to finding facts about the real Taeyeon, the reason why he left his daughter.


Then something caught her attention, her mind flew to something. The girl who she saw at the hospital with Taeyeon. It was like a coincidence; she looked at girl with Taeyeon and then her father mentioned a girl name. Is she Jessica Jung? Who is she? 


**


“There’s no progress of him, doc. His head injury seems serious, and we can’t find another reason of his coma. We can only wait for him to awake.” A man with doctor’s coat spoke to Jessica’s father. They both seemed in Mr. Jung’s office room, talked about their special patient’s condition which had no changes. Yap, it was about Taeyeon.


Mr. Jung nodded and then the other doctor said again, “But doctor Jung… I know he is your VVIP patient but… we can’t give him a different treatment, we do our best as always. And he has no progress, doc. Even without those tools, I don’t know what will happen to him. Please consider it, doc. Those tools are suffering him. Like what I’ve always said to my patient’s family in this situation. We have 2 options. Let him suffered by the tools and keep hoping for a miracle. Or set him free.”


Mr. Jung cupped his face in disbelief. He’s a doctor, he has to use to those words. But it’s different now. He was the one who hear it not say it. It was the first time actually, having someone he knew as his patient and had such a serious condition. He found it painful, even though he was nothing to Taeyeon. And how about Jessica? How will she feel when she hears it? He couldn’t even imagine it.


**


“Hi, Taengoo. I come.” Jessica said to Taeyeon. She still wore her uniform, looked like she hadn’t even go home first. It is her daily activity now. Goes to school then visits Taeyeon till late and goes home only for sleep. She does it for about 2 weeks now. And still, there’s no progress of Taeyeon.


But she tried to use to it. Acted like he was awake. Treated him like he was a usual Taeyeon. So pathetic.


“Tae, today I get 35 for my math quiz. I’m sick of math, as always. And if you do the quiz, I guarantee you won’t get 100 like your habit. It was a really really really hard quiz. You should believe me. It’s not that I’m stupid but it is the quiz which is so damn hard.” 


Her words sounded ordinary but her voice was different. She tried hard not to be sad. Tried hard not to fall in the sorrow. She inhaled, a deep one. Then opened her bag and took something inside. It was a note book.


“For history, you missed a lot of notes, Tae. Look. I… I wrote a lot today.” Jessica said painfully as she showed off her notes to Taeyeon. Flipped the sheets, showed him how much he missed the lesson while tried hard not to cry. “Mmm? My handwriting is bad? No, Tae. It’s neat. Look carefully. This is just how I make an ‘a’, remember? And this… this is my ‘r’. And this is… this is…”


She couldn’t hold it anymore. Her first tears fell down her cheeks. She dropped the book and leaned her head on the side of his bed. Crying desperately. Burying her face into the mattress while holding his palm.


“Tae please… please… I can’t live like this. I’m not strong enough for that. Please wake up. Please please please…” 


She burst in tears. She almost screamed. Wanted to release all the pain she has held for the last 2 weeks. Then she stood up. Looked at his face and tried to brace herself.


“Taeyeon. Wake up. Now. This is a command. You said that I’m your life. You should obey your life. So wake up now, Tae. Taeyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter