3 Gloomy Days

What is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica seemed panic while she put her phone to her ear. She looked calling someone but the person she was dialing didn’t answer her phone. This afternoon, she sat in her chair by herself, no Taeyeon seemed around her. Actually today was the second day that Jessica sat by herself. Jessica couldn’t reach her boyfriend these 2 days already. 


At the beginning, Jessica thought that Taeyeon has only forgotten her for his online game. But after he took her home 2 days ago, she lost his contact. He didn’t greet her in the morning nor say goodnight like what he always did. Since then, she kept calling him but got no answer, messaging him but got no reply. It’s understandable that Jessica looked so in worries like this.


“Doesn’t he pick the phone up?” Tiffany asked as she sat beside Jessica, in Taeyeon’s chair. She understood about her friend’s feeling, really understood. She could see the worries mixed with sorrow in her eyes. Taeyeon has never been like this before, it was the first day that he disappear like a shadow under the sun.


“No. Oh God. What’s actually happening to him? Taengoo… please pick up the phone,” Jessica answered Tiffany’s question with her eyes full of anxiety. She still tried to call her boyfriend through her phone but no respond. 


“Calm, Jess. Taeyeon must be okay. Don’t make me freak out too. Let’s think clearly. Uhmmm… ha! How about we visit him?”


 “Visit him? But I don’t know where he lives. I don’t know his address, his house, I’ve never gone there. He does always be the one who visit me. Tiff… what should I do?” Jessica asked in desperation. She put her phone on her table as if her hand had no strength to lift it up. Today sure would be a gloomy day without having Taeyeon around her.


**


“The number you are calling is not answering. Pleas…”


She has heard those words for millions these days. She kept trying to call her boyfriend but still, there’s no answer for her. Not even a single call he picked. She lost her soul; it was only Jessica’s body that walked out the school, but Jessica’s soul, no one knew where she flew.


 “Let me take you home, Tiffany would take taxi by herself,” Yuri said to Jessica while his girlfriend stood beside him. Yuri seemed warm now, just like how Tiffany’s eyes stare at Jessica. They both understood about what Jessica felt and they such true friends who cared their friend in her hard time.


“No, Yuri, thanks. I can get home by myself. Your house and Tiffany’s are in different direction from mine.” Jessica answered. She was just a full of self-esteem person and dislike to have owes to anyone.


This was the second day that Jessica went home without her boyfriend. Not as usual that she hadn’t Taeyeon as her company and now it seemed another person take that place. Sooyoung, the new comer was that person. He filled Taeyeon’s empty place beside Jessica. At the beginning, he walked at the very back, observed the condition because he was just a new comer who didn’t even understand the situation. But from what he saw, he could conclude that Taeyeon was disappear and left Jessica alone. This could be a good chance for him.


 “Emm.. Mind if take you home again?” Sooyoung pushed himself to say that. He fluttered, as if Jessica didn’t answer him or rejected him with her sharpened sword.


“That’s right, Jess. Why don’t you go with Sooyoung just like yesterday?” Tiffany helped Sooyoung. Actually she was not helping him but cared about her friend. Then she said to Sooyoung, “Just take Jessica home. She will cry out loud if she takes train alone.”


“Mmm? I’m okay. I can go home by myself.” Jessica answered.


“I’m okay too. You can go with me. I’ll take you home safely, so you can rest. You looked pale, Jess. I promise you that all is gonna be safe just like yesterday.” Sooyoung tried to persuade Jessica. It’s not for ‘you can rest’, but actually he did it so that he had some alone time with Jessica.


Tiffany kept begging, Yuri kept saying that she was pale, and Sooyoung kept promoting himself. Finally Jessica went with Sooyoung again, just like what Tiffany and Sooyoung wanted, nah only Sooyoung wanted the most. Jessica remained silent inside the car while Sooyoung tried to gather himself together for doing something.


“Emm… Jess, can I ask you something?” Sooyoung asked with his fluttered heart.


“Ya. What’s that?”


“I don’t know what’s actually happening between you and Taeyeon. I didn’t ask you yesterday, cause I think Taeyeon just get sick or something so that he didn’t attend the class. But today… it doesn’t seem so. So… would you tell me about that? Only if you don’t mind, Jess.”


“Mmm… I don’t know either. Taeyeon just disappears. He didn’t pick any single calls, he didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter