Even Tears Isn't Enough

What is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica took it and brought it to her room. Sat on the bed and looked at the box. Then she opened it. Her brows frowned when she found a paper inside. 


"Open the goose from the smallest one."


She took out the paper and found a lot of origami which was shaped like a goose. She followed the direction, opened the goose from the smallest one. And then she found a sentence there. 


"Do you remember when I your cheek on your birthday?"


Didn't stop there, Jessica opened again a goose. Goose by goose and read the sentence inside. 


"Do you remember when we ran around the field because we chatted at class?"


"Do you remember when you gave me your leftover food?"


"Do you remember when you slept in the toilet and made me freaked out as if you were kidnapped?"


"Do you remember when we shared a kiss in the class?"


No more small goose and 3 big gooses were left. She opened it one by one. An inner fight happened again. Her heart started to take control, won her brain. 


"I hope you remember them and... Forgive me. I'm sorry if I make you cry. I'm sorry for being such a jerk. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry that I can't stop loving you."


"I love you, Sooyeon. You're my love. And for me love is..."


"A life."


Tears flew. Overflew. She burst in tears, cried like a crazy. It was painful enough when she read the small goose which made her recall the memories. Then read the big goose, too hurt. "You're my love and for me love is a life" was the saddest line for her. He made her to be his life which meant the most important thing. But what has she done? Dated with another man, fake her heart, tried to forget him so hard. She felt dirty now. Even cry wasn't enough to release the pain. 


Then she heard someone knocked her door. She rubbed her tears, tried hard not to show her sorrow. It was her mom. She told her that Yuri came over. So then, Jessica headed to the downstairs and met him who looked panic. 


Once Jessica arrived before him, Yuri said, "Jess, we need to hurry. I got something about him."


**


"He slept for over a week. Doctor said that he is in a deep coma. He still breaths... Just because of the tools."


Tears fell again when she heard what Yuri said. Jessica, now met her beloved ex but in a situation that she has never expected. Taeyeon was only laying down, weak, with his eyes closed and had a lot of tools that keeping him alive. His face was full of wounds with s around his forehead. His arm was also bandaged. He looked so pathetic and it was a heartbreaking for Jessica. 


"Taeyeon..." Jessica said that name, finally. It was hurt when she needed to see him in a condition like that. Too hurt. Seeing her love lying down like a dead, surely broke her heart. She didn't expect it, she wanted him to live better after the break up. Even it would be better to heard about his wedding than to see him like this. 


"But we need to believe that it's not impossible for him to awake. Maybe he just needs you beside him. He wants you to be with him, that's why he didn't open his eyes this week. He wants you to be the first person he looks at right after his deep coma." Yuri spoke. Wanted to comfort his cheerless friend. 


Jessica grabbed Taeyeon's right palm tightly and said, "But... Who did this? Is it... His father?"


"Mm... As I know. I heard that his father got mad because he broke the engagement which is his father's plan. Tiffany told you that it is a match engagement, right? So that's it, this is how he ended up because he followed his heart."


Jessica remained silent. She just looked at Taeyeon. Guilty, pitiful, and painful. She did want to shake Taeyeon's shoulder to wake him up. Screamed out loud to make him open his eyes. But she knew, it wouldn't work. 


"How many percent is his chance?" Jessica said as her eyes glued to Taeyeon. 


"I don't know. But we need to bel..."


Jessica cut his line by saying, "I know. We need to believe that he will make it but... It's too hurt to just hoping like this. I need something to calm myself down."


She cried again, louder than before. Her cheeks were wet, the room filled with her sobs. It was the saddest thing she ever had in her life. She fell down on her knees, hadn't any strength to keep her standing. 


"Taeyeon... Taeyeon... I'm sorry..." Jessica said as she cried. Then she stood, faced Yuri with her hoping eyes. Seemed like she bui

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter