Thanks, sorry, and goodbye

What is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona sat before Jessica in a café. The atmosphere felt cold. Yoona’s eyes looked intimidating while Jessica was the intimidated one. Knowing that girl was her boyfriend’s ex-fiancé, made Jessica, somehow felt guilty. She kept looking down, prevented to meet Yoona’s eyes.


“From millions men in this world, why it must be him?” Yoona spoke up, firmly, “You can choose whoever you want, but why it must be him?”


Jessica raised her head, looked at her in the eye, finally. Her words pierced her. It was too cruel but… that’s right. From billions people, millions Korean, and hundreds Kim, why it must be him? Why is it Kim Taeyeon?


“You stole him. I knew him first, but you take him over, make him as yours while he was already mine. But… it’s wrong. It’s not that you stole him. It’s not that you take him away. It was just… it’s just him who left me. Even… he was never be mine, for real. It was just really a matched engagement for him,” Yoona spoke up again, “We love a same man, but the fact is that he only loves you. His eyes… emit a different light when he was with you. He looks… happier with you.”


Wow, Yoona’s lines were never be expected by Jessica. She never guessed Yoona would say those words, a declaration of defeat. Jessica could only listen to her. Happy inside but also felt… guilty.


“I was with him for 7 years, but I’ve never seen a smile like the one he gave to you this evening. He must love you so bad. And I know you love him too, don’t you? So now… I wanna ask you a help. Please take care of him. Accompany him. Just like what you’ve done as always,” Yoona said, “You take care of him, and let me take the rest. I’ll help you, only if you help me too. Okay?”


Yoona tried hard to stay steadfast. Her heart was in pieces but it’s better than to see the one she loves suffer. She let Taeyeon go. She hoped for their happiness, sincerely. Even though it hurt her so bad but, she chose it. Lose him wasn’t the end of the world, right?


“Yoona…” Jessica finally spoke up, “I… I’m sorry. I know I was so cruel to you but… I need him.”


“So do I. I need him too. But he just needs you. That’s why I take a step back, for you. Because he needs you, not me. And you should promise me that you will always take a good care of him.”


“Ya… I promise you.” Jessica smiled. She was really happy, couldn’t help but smile. The night she thought would be a heartbreaking, turned out to be a blissful night. Thanks to Yoona.


**


Hours after her meeting with Jessica, Yoona seemed at home. She sat, waited for her dad coming home. She looked serious. Inside her heart, there was still a sore but she surely felt relieved now. And then the person she was waiting for was coming. 


“Ehmm… dad, may I ask your help? It is about Taeyeon oppa.”


Hearing his daughter’s words, made Mr. Im frown his brows. It was strange enough to asking a help about Taeyeon. What was actually in her mind?


**


“Owhh… look at this girl, happy as a champion, cheerful like a cheerleader.” Tiffany teased Jessica in the class. It was a break time for the class. And like what Tiffany said, Jessica was very very happy. Smile didn’t stop showed up. Hah… so different from Jessica the last 4 weeks.


“Don’t ruin my mood, Tiff.”


“But it’s true. So what people said was right. The only thing that can make people both smile and cry is only love. And you’re the proof.”


“Uh uh? Don’t you ever cry because of Yuri hah? I remember the last time you cried to me because he changed his Twitter’s status from ‘in relationship with Fany’ to ‘in relationship’ only.”


“Hey stop that. Don’t bringing up things, okay?”


Then, Sooyoung came. He moved closer to Jessica and Tiffany. His face looked friendly, as always. Emm… not always actually, his face now looked like the first time he met Jessica, like the time he wasn’t invited to Jessica’s love tragedy.


“Jess, you will visit Taeyeon, won’t you?” Sooyoung said and then gave something to her, “Here. Please give this to him. I know how bored he is, alone in the hospital. Hope it will help.”


Sooyoung gave Jessica a Nintendo Switch, yea portable game. Jessica puzzled for a while, since she was never play that kind of game. Jessica was also wondering why Sooyoung wanted to give it to Taeyeon. It looked expensive though.


“Ehm, actually I don’t give that to him. I just let him borrow it. It was my birthday present. Please keep it safe.”


**


“Oh God! Jesus Christ! Is it really happened? Jessica, is it real?” Taeyeon excited because of something. No wonder, it was because of the game Sooyoung entrusted to Jessica. His smile just appeared right after he saw the game, wow the power of game for men was no joke.


“So now you’re more into this stupid game? Not me?”


“Emm… I don’t say that. You’re still my only life, but this game is the best gift. I love Sooyoung from now on.”


“What!? You love him? So you’re gonna cheat on me, with him?!”


“Emm… Sica, can’t you be more patient? Are you on your period or what?”


“Yes, I do. It aches enough and then I have a stupid boyfriend here who says that he loves someone else in front of his girlfriend and the worst is that it is a man.”


Taeyeon could only smile at his nagging girlfriend. Looked like the old Taeyeon was back. Then Jessica said again with her angry yet cute face, “Why are you smiling huh?”


“I just wonder how I could keep breathing without looking at this Jessicat for over 3 weeks.”


“Huh… I think you are already healed, Mr.Kim.” Jessica said as she turned the TV on. She watched TV, changed the program just to make her busy. And then, she stopped on a TV program, a news program exactly.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter