Fake Happiness

What is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Soo, you said that you will help me through this all, didn't you?" Jessica said to Sooyoung. They were on a walk, next to each other. 


"Mmm? Ya, of course." Sooyoung still became awkward when with Jessica. It was because of his stupidity, his reckless action last night. He wanted to kiss her but he was rejected, shame on him. 


"Then... About last night... I think it was too rushed, I'm not ready yet but... I do want to start another one, with you." Those surprising words made Sooyoung looked over at her. Then she said again, "I want to forget him. And I need your help."


Sooyoung widened his eyes in shock. What was his dream last night till his crush saying that kind of words? He felt blissful, very blissful. It was a great chance for him to win her heart and kick Taeyeon away. 


"Everything for you, Jess." Sooyoung said, "I will do and I will be everything you want."


There was a war in Jessica's soul. What her heart and her brain told her to do were different. And what she has done was the one her brain said. She followed her brain because she thought her heart was so dull and maybe she just hadn't any heart since Taeyeon broke one. But still, an inner fight happened. 


"This is a good start, Jess. You should move on." She said to comfort herself. Hah... So fake. 


**


Few days after Taeyeon's first day of absence, everything went better for Jessica. Smiles and fake laugh started to appear. She was getting in the situation, a situation without Taeyeon. Yea, she started to used to it, her days had no his prank, no his laugh, no his dorky face which always made her laugh. Now she had Sooyoung instead. 


Taeyeon was replaced by Sooyoung, everything about him was replaced. There was only Sooyoung's smile, Sooyoung's jokes, Sooyoung's hand. No more space for Taeyeon. And Jessica tried hard to get used to it. Now Jessica only laughed for Sooyoung's jokes, even though it was a fake one. But still, she laughed. 


Day by day has passed. Just passed. No memories. No stories. Just some fake laughs and forced smiles. Everyone might think Jessica has already moved on. She never talked about Taeyeon anymore. She studied well, practiced music well, all seemed like how it used to be. But... Everytime she heard that name, her tears always wet her cheeks. 


"Kim Taeyeon? Is he absent again today? Hah it's already over a week. Where is he actually?" Ms. Seo said in front of the class. 


Jessica was fooling around with Sooyoung when Ms. Seo checked the class attendance. But when that name being called, she stopped all the things she was doing. Frozen. Sat stunned. Like that name was a spell that bewitched her. 


"Jess... Are you okay?"


Jessica back to reality. Sooyoung's voice brought her back. Then, she realized something, her cheeks wet, she cried. Tears flowing just like that. 

Somehow heard his name was hurt her heart, felt like nails sticking there. She rubbed her tears and acted like everything was going well. And it wasn't the only time Jessica being like that. Everytime she heard "Kim Taeyeon", her tears flew automatically with no command. Didn't know why, but it was surely hard for her to hear his name when she hasn't even see him for days. 


Sooyoung realized it, very well. He was her boyfriend now but she kept crying over another man. It's mournful,  hurt, and torturing so bad. But he remained firm in his beliefs that he will change Jessica and make her love him more than love her ex. Oh so sad to say, but Taeyeon was only her ex now. 


**


Jessica put her chopsticks down, showing that she already finished her lunch. But like always, she had some leftover food on her plate. Emm... Not like always actually, since she used to give it to Taeyeon. But now, no Taeyeon so she let the food just like that. Even, when she had a shikshin 'boyfriend', she didn't give them to him. 


"Do you wanna drink something, Jess?" Sooyoung asked her with care. He sat beside her, the place which Taeyeon used to sit. 


"Emm... Cold water, maybe?" Jessica answered and as a sweet man, Sooyoung left his chair to buy what his girl wants. Taeyeon, he almost never did that. When Jessica needed a drink, Taeyeon gave his, and when he also had no drink, they ended up buy it together. 


There was a lot of difference between Taeyeon and Sooyoung. How Sooyoung treated her was different from Taeyeon's way. Maybe that's why, Jessica felt empty inside even when she had Sooyoung around. She missed the old treats, the old touches, and the old hugs. 


**


"Want to come over?" Jessica asked, invited Sooyoung to get in her house. 


Sooyoung fulfilled her invitation, he joined The Jungs. Mr. and Mrs. Jung were home, with Krystal too. None of them were surprised that Jessica brought a man home. It didn't mean that she used to do it but because they thought Jessica had a lot of friend. Even none of them guessed Sooyoung as her boyfriend. 


"Eonni, will Taeyeon oppa come over too?" Krystal asked her older sister. Asked about her ex in front of her boyfriend, awesome. 


"No." Jessica answered coldly then said to her parents, "Mom, dad, this is Sooyoung."


They shook hands, greeted each other politely. But her parents seemed had a same thought as Krystal. Her dad said, "You're in the same class as Jessica? It means the same as Taeyeon too, right? How are they? They must chit chat all the time. Don't pay attention to the teacher."


Sooyoung didn't know what to answer. So did Jessica. She felt sorry to him. She just didn't expect her family would be that fanatic about Taeyeon. Actually it was her fault a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter