Another City Rat

What is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica led the way to her room, Taeyeon followed her. This evening, Taeyeon seemed still at Jessica’s house. They headed to Jessica’s room which was on the second floor. As soon as got there, Jessica just laid on her bed lazily. Taeyeon observed the room thought that must be something new in there, until he found something.

 

“Owh… my princess,” Taeyeon said as he took a beluga doll he has given to Jessica. That beluga sat lonely on Jessica lamp table beside her bed. Jessica looked at Taeyeon while her hand held her fashion magazine. Her brow frowned as she found that Taeyeon’s words were a bit…

 

“So now that beluga is your princess?”

 

“Mmm?” Taeyeon puzzled as he sat in Jessica’s bed then comparing the beluga to Jessica while said, “This is you, Jessica. You two are the same person, my princess.”

 

“Am I really a beluga in your eyes? Can’t you choose another prettier animal? Like puppy maybe, or… bunny? Beluga is a bit too much, you know. It’s big. So big and I’m not that fat.”

 

“This is the reason.” Taeyeon said as his hand rubbed Jessica’s forehead affectionately, “Your forehead is just like the beluga’s.”

 

Jessica remained calm but her eyes stared Taeyeon with a creepy aura and said, “Stop making fun of me before you regret it, young man. Now give me your phone.”

 

“Mmm?”

 

“If you have nothing to hide, I think it’s okay for you to just give it to me now, Tae.” Jessica said and sat in front of Taeyeon. Her creepy stare was gone but… still a bit scary actually. As the result of that deadly gaze, she got what she wants.

 

“Here. But don’t play my game. You’re gonna ruin my score, just like how you ruin your own score at studies.” Taeyeon ended up give his phone to his protective girlfriend. Then he said again, “So let me have yours, Sica. Since you’re playing with mine.”

 

“Mmm? For what? Do you misdoubt me, Tae? Do you think I’m a player or what huh?”

 

“…”

 

Taeyeon could only open his mouth in disbelief. Jessica is such a protective girlfriend. She usually checked Taeyeon’s phone, especially his chats and social media message. It was like a habit for Jessica to checked her boyfriend’s activity but, she didn’t want to be under protection. Yah, poor Taeyeon, he could only think that every woman, include Jessica, is always right.

 

***

 

Another afternoon has come. Jessica and Taeyeon have already sat in their seat, side by side like usual. Now the class was about to begin while Jessica still laid her head on the table with an earphone playing a song. Taeyeon looked at her with a smirk, look like a prank idea has arrived in his head. Poor Jessica didn’t notice it. She closed her eyes to focusing herself to the music. But…

 

“Aaa! God damn it! Stupid Taeng! Are you ing kidding me?” Jessica shocked and pulled out her earphone roughly as fast as she can. While Jessica showed off her wrath, Taeyeon just enjoyed his happiness. He found Jessica cuteness’s overload, he couldn’t help but smile.  

 

“Awww so cute. You’re even cuter when you’re cursing, Sica. I adore your rude mouth so bad.”

 

Paak! Paak! Jessica smacked Taeyeon’s head hardly. For Taeyeon, her words weren’t enough. She needed a violent, a lot of it. So she ended up smacking or grabbing Taeyeon’s hair. ‘Whatever with the others’ impression about me, I just want to get my revenge on this bastard.’ That’s what Jessica thought and it was just true. For those who have never seen her before, they must thought that Jessica was such a princess from fairytales, but for those who knew her…

 

‘She is the Hulk’s daughter’

 

‘She must joined gangster or The Avengers’

 

‘What the hell is she eats every day?’

 

Those thoughts, just 3 from million thoughts that people around Jessica had. But Jessica never mind it, just let it go. Well, she became a monster for a reason, Taeyeon the prankster boy. But, even in that monster mode on, Taeyeon still found Jessica as a cutie pie.

 

“Smacks for this cutie, I’m okay.” Taeyeon said as he his poor head.

 

Jessica got back to her position. She looked outside the window, avoiding her eyes staring at him. “Argghh… I’m getting fed up with ‘cute’ words. Why can’t you react like a normal person, Tae? I can do aegyeo if you want, so stop doing these idiot things to see my cuteness.”

 

“I get enough aegyeo in your voice; you know that your voice is an aegyeo-filled-voice. So hearing you talk is enough. But your cute is different from that. You need to be angry, as mad as you can, so that your cuteness can be seen.”

 

“Hah… however it’s my fault for being so damn cute like this.”

 

“Sica, your mouth is really rude. Stop it. Bring back my cute innocent Jessicat.”

 

“Enough!” Jessica stood up as her hands smack her table. Then she left Taeyeon and walked out the class. Teacher didn’t come yet, so she could leave as she pleased. While Jessica went out, Tiffany noticed it and said something to Taeyeon who just sat calmly with his phone.

 

“Taeyeon, what did you do to Jessie?” Tiffany asked with curious facial expression. She and Yuri sat next to Taeyeon and Jessica’s table. Only about half of a meter far. 

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Oh my god, Taeyeon. I can’t believe you did that to my bestfriend. I’m disappointed in you, Tae.”

 

“What? What did I say? I said nothing, Tiff."

 

"Jeez... I can't believe you have heart to do that, Kim. You hurt my bestie."

 

"..."

 

Meanwhile in the corridor, Jessica walked by herself. She just went to the toilet and now she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter