Chapter 9

Beautiful Eyes

After leaving so quick Changmin found himself sitting in the middle of Junsu’s apartment living room. While junsu was busy preparing tea, Changmin started to look around. It has been over a year since he last came here. In his opinion the place hasn’t change much; even the smell of fresh lemon and orange still lingers in the air. He turns his gaze toward the two glass doors that leads to the balcony and notice a guitar sitting at the corner by the doors. It was a beautifully designed and handcrafted guitar with a butterfly.

“I thought you were going to give the guitar back to jaejoong after I spent so much money putting it back together…”

“I did…I tried giving it to jaejoong but he refuses to take it…he told me to keep it, when he is ready…he will come for it…”

“In other words…he has not completely given up on music…”

“Right now he is still trying to figure out what he wanted to do…but I have a feeling that the chance of him returning to the stage is pretty high…no one can sing like that with so much passion and power would give up so easily…”

Changmin recalls the performance and indeed it was breath taking. Junsu came to the living room and set a cup of tea in front of changmin before taking a seat across from him.

“Now then…on to the matter you were talking about over the phone…you said that you saw Geun suk buried that box in the middle of the sunflower field…the very same images Yunho saw”

“yep…I question Geun Suk before on it asking what he was doing and what is in the box…he only smiled at me and say it’s a secret and that everything will be reveal in due time…”

“I highly doubt he could do that to a newly built flower field that restricted any kind of digging….but knowing Geun Suk he probably doesn’t care…”

Changmin chuckled “indeed…that guy has never been one to follow rules…”

“And Yunho? Are you really not going to tell him the truth?”

Changmin’s smile faded as the expression on his face changed “how could I? If he knows the truth…he will be devastated…what about you? Are you going to tell jaejoong?”

“…to be honest with you…I would rather just tell them the truth and let them decide what they want to do…would jaejoong reject him…maybe…would Yunho feel hurt…most likely….but sometime everyone go through rough times…overcome tough challenges to create strong bonds between people…” Junsu paused a bit before turning his gaze to changmin “The only reason I’m not running to him is because I’m waiting on you…you were the one who pieced this together first….the decision on what to do with the information is your decision…not mind…”

Once again changmin sigh “that just sounded like the burden is on me…”

Junsu sat his cup down “changmin ah…is it that horrible for Yunho to get his feeling hurt…to get rejected by jaejoong that you will drive yourself crazy with worry?”

“you…don’t know about his past…what he went through…” changmin paused as he remembered that night when Yunho’s world turn dark. Just remembering it sends a chill throughout his body reminding him of the sickening feeling he felted that day.

“Based on your expression I’m not going to ask about his past…but…my best advice is to let them be….let them decide their relationship…like I have said before…we have no right to decide for them rather they should be friends or not…”

Changmin thought about it for a bit before reaching for his cup of tea and drink it. He could feel the warm traveled from his mouth down to his stomach.

“Even so…to think that Geun suk’s cornea is now alive in Yunho’s eyes…the chance of something like this happening is rare…”

“Indeed…just the thought of it is creepy…but to be honest with you…what I am worry about isn’t how the truth will affect jaejoong and Yunho but rather the images that Yunho is being forced to see…”

“That’s one of my worry as well…it looked almost like these images is trying to send him a message maybe a task of what he needs to do…at first all he see are images of jaejoong…now that he found jaejoong, these images has started to shift…changed into something else…”

“It could be that Geun Suk still has unfinished business in this world and Yunho just happens to be the guy who picked the short end of the straw….”

“His luck has never been that great ever since I first meet him…” changmin smiled sadly

“I wonder…would it be best to you know…do what those images is showing him…such as going back to the sunflower field and find that box?”

“why?”

“Aren’t you curious as to what Geun Suk buried? What if it’s something important…like those future box that people do by burying something important and coming back for it a few years later…except in Geun Suk’s case…he was never given a chance to dig it up again…we could be doing him a favor…”

“Hmm…I’m not sure…I don’t really remember the exact area he buried that box…”

Junsu smiled “but…Yunho knows…he saw it…”

Changmin paused as he started to think. Could it be that all those images Yunho have been seeing were clues as to what Geun suk wanted to do?

“I can’t deny that I am curious about that blue box…I’ll talk to Yunho and see if he will agree…I don’t want to force him if he refuse to do anything…”

“Do what you can…if he won’t do it…then we will let it be…but…” Junsu paused before speaking “how often does he experience moments of flash back of images?”

Changmin shrugged “who knows…it sound like he has them every day or every other day…”

“And this has been happening for a year?”

“That’s what he says…”

Junsu started to think as the expression on his face changed “Changmin ah…if what you say is true that these corneas is Geun Suk and these images are what he was seeing before his passing then what if…these images continue…then wouldn’t….he also see Geun Suk’s last moments? The short time before he was killed?”

Changmin’s eyes widen in complete shock as he looked at Junsu wondering why he had never thought about this before. If this is true then would Yunho be forced to witness the night Geun suk’s life was taken away?

As night came along Yunho reached his apartment totally exhausted but none the less he still turn on his lap top and took out his books to start on his study for the upcoming exam. Feeling his stomach rumbled he walked toward the kitchen and prepares some hot ramen noodle to start his sleepless night. He stood over the boiling pot of ramen noodle as he yawned and continues to stir the noodles to allow them to soften evenly. Once he concluded that the noodles were ready he turns off the stove and poured the content into a bowl. He made his way back to the living room and sat the bowl down next to his laptop along with a cup of water. Yunho took out his notes and started to study and mark anything that stood out to him that will most likely be on the test. While reading through his notes and the chapters that he had read, he made himself a study sheet on his laptop. A few hours passed as the empty bowl sat on the table with a half drink cup of water. In a short span of time, the living room floor is once again covered in papers and books.

Suddenly he heard someone ringed the doorbell. He turns his attention to the clock and notice it’s already 10 pm. He wondered who could be coming here at such a late hour. Yunho stood up and walked over to the door and peeked through the peek hole only to realize its jaejoong. Wondering what could be bringing this beautiful man here, he quickly did a cleanup of the living room before answering the door.

“J-jaejoong…what brings you here?” Yunho asked but paused upon seeing him carrying a bag full of drinks with a pisst off expression.

“What’s wrong?” he asked

Jaejoong didn’t even answer as he entered Yunho’s apartment with an air of wanting to kill someone. He paused in the living room noticed the books and papers.

“Sorry…were you studying?” he asked as his expression soften

“I was…but it’s okay…I was planning to take a break anyway….please sit anywhere”

Jaejoong look at the empty bowl of what looked like ramen “you…only had that for dinner?” he asked in a displeased tone of voice.

“Ah…y-yea…I was too tired to cook anything…”

Jaejoong glanced at Yunho before sitting the bag down and removed his sweater. He rolled his sleeves before entering the kitchen “Continue your study…I’ll make you something to eat”

Yunho went into panic mode not wanting to trouble jaejoong “it’s okay! You don’t have to! The ramen was more than enough to fill me”

“Nonsense…you can’t study on ramen alone Yunho…you need a good hearty meal to keep your mind focus…”

Yunho on the other hand continue to protest but Jaejoong wasn’t hearing it. Before Yunho knew it, he is sitting next to his dining table with a freshly made dish in front of him that looked like a picture has come to life. The smell…the look…everything about it looked like something a professional chef would make. Even though he states the ramen had filled him, he could hear his stomach growling as his mind tells him to eat it.

“Are you going to eat or just stare at it?” Jaejoong asked upon not seeing Yunho pick up his spoon.

“I…I’ll eat…thank you” he smiled

“it’s nothing…I was getting hungry as well” said Jaejoong

Yunho only look at jaejoong strangely “didn’t you go home after class?”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything as he only ate his food in silence. Yunho could figure out that something must have happen at home when he went back with that blonde hair. Most likely jaejoong’s father must have thrown a fit and they must have gotten into another heated argument. Without questioning it Yunho only took a bite of the food in front of him. The minute he tasted the food, his eyes sparkles as his face lights up. He had never eaten anything this delicious before.

“This…this is so good!” Yunho complimented

Jaejoong let out a satisfying smile “that’s good…glade you like it…”

Every bite Yunho took was as delicious as the first. Even though the food is solid, he can’t help but felt like they are melting in his mouth blending together a unique and flavorful taste.

“Did you learn to make this on your own?” Yunho asked

“I’m a picky eater...not to mention there are certain foods that I dislike and can’t handle well so I prefer to make my own food so I know for sure what is going down into my stomach…”

“Amazing!” said Yunho as he chow down whatever is left on his plate.

After gobbling down even the left overs, Yunho felt like he had eaten a week worth of food. His stomachs for sure have grown a few inches. While he is still savoring the moment, jaejoong had already started on the dishes. Upon the running water Yunho quickly stood up

“j-jaejoong shi! I’ll do the dishes! You already went through the trouble of cooking”

“It’s okay…it’s only little…”

“no!” Yunho snapped surprising him “please let me do the dishes…it is my rule that whoever cooked the other person has to clean up…in this case you cooked so I’ll clean up…beside…you are my guest…I can’t trouble you anymore then this…”

Jaejoong wasn’t going to give in but seeing how serious Yunho looked he removed the gloves from his hand “Alright…” jaejoong responded before stepping aside as Yunho took over the sink.

After doing the dishes, Yunho turn off the water and dry his hand before returning to the living room and notice jaejoong looking through some of the notes he had taken in class.

“Just so you know…this info here is wrong” said jaejoong as he pointed to a part of the notes on the notebook

“huh? Are you sure?”

“Yep…”

“No wonder it didn’t make any sense to me when I was reading through it…I wasn’t in class on that day so I copied the note from a friend…”

“Here…” Jaejoong took the notebook from Yunho and started to write a few things down from what he knows about this topic. Yunho sat next to him and quietly listen to him and try to register all the information that jaejoong is telling him as he write it down. He can’t help but admire jaejoong even more, it seem he is both smart and talented.

Before they knew it, they had spent a good 2 hours going through the study notes for Yunho. It wasn’t until they stopped half way did Yunho see the bag full of drinks sitting on the floor next to the coffee table reminding him that jaejoong came over for a purpose not to help him study.

“Why did you come here? I highly doubt it’s to cook and help me study”

Jaejoong was quiet for a bit before sighing “I was actually planning to come here and get drunk with you…but…I guess helping you study also give me the peace of mind I needed…”

Yunho felted over joy that jaejoong will think of him first then anyone else to drink with but now it got him curious as to what happen.

“Did you…get into an argument with your dad?”

“Not just my dad…the whole family…just imagine being cornered by 4 top lawyers…it was like a prey being cornered by 4 hungry tigers…” grin jaejoong

“Let me guess…they didn’t like the hair color?”

“Didn’t like it? they threw a huge fit like little kids demanding that I dye it back to black…they say it will ruin the family reputation…people will see my father as having a delinquent son…when I refuse to …all hell broke loose…it only started with my dad but when my siblings and my mother came home…all of them were equally as surprise and furious…for my mother who barely yell at me or lecture me…for her to demand me to change my hair color was a surprise….I couldn’t stay there anymore so I left…”

Yunho could see the irritated but yet the sadden expression on Jaejoong’s face. Having such a family with reputation, pride and honor is not easy to live with.

“It doesn’t matter what they think…because…I think it’s beautiful…” Yunho smiled

Upon his complement it made jaejoong shy as his cheek started to burn that he quickly turn away to hide it.

“what’s wrong?” Yunho asked

Jaejoong slightly turn to him “you…shouldn’t be saying that word with such a serious look on your face…it’s embarrassing for a guy to be called beautiful…you should at least say it’s cool”

Yunho could see the embarrassment on jaejoong’s face as he chuckled “Sorry…you are right…the word beautiful just comes naturally…”

“Next time you call me beautiful…I’m going to punch you…” Jaejoong pretend to threaten Yunho

“Yes…yes…I’ll keep that in mind…”

Jaejoong reached pass Yunho for the bag of drink startling Yunho. Even though he have talked to him and walk close to him, he had never been this close there they are only an inch from each other. He could even smell the sweet scent of vanilla from jaejoong and feel his slender body brushed against his own. He could even feel his heart beating really fast as his body started to heats up.

“Here…” smile jaejoong as he handed Yunho a can of beer “to our friendship…”

Even though Yunho had wanted to be jaejoong’s friends since the beginning to hear the word ‘friendship’ from him felt like a knife to his heart. None the less he smiled and accepted the beer

“Our friendship…” he spoke with a smile

They clashed their can of beer together and drink it to honor their newly formed friendship.

“You know…it’s strange…” jaejoong spoke

“What is?”

“From the first day I meet you and talked to you…I already have this feeling that you and I will become friends…isn’t that strange?…it’s probably because of this feeling that I feel so comfortable with you…it’s as if I already knew you before by just looking into your eyes..”

“Well…I’m glad you follow that feeling and not completely reject me like the others…”

They smiled at each other before drinking once more. When morning came around, Yunho’s usual alarm clock went off echoing throughout his bedroom. He groans a bit before reaching his hand out to try and turn it off. Once he hit the snooze button he retreat his hand back into the comfort of his blanket before turning around. After feeling a breath upon his face he slowly open his eyes only for it to become widen as he realize who is sleeping right next to him. He let out a loud shout of shock before stumbling off the bed and fell onto the floor. Sleeping on his bed and next to him is Jaejoong who is still fast asleep. He quickly tries to remember what happen last night. He clearly remembers studying and then jaejoong coming over. They ate really good food and study a bit before drinking. What happen after that wasn’t clear.

“Yunho…close the damn curtain…the light is interrupting my sleep” mumbled jaejoong with a clear sign that he knows where he is and who he is sleeping on the bed with.

“S-sure…” Yunho stood up and quickly closed the curtain as he stood there still in disbelief.

“how in the world did we end up sleeping on the same bed?” Yunho wonder as he tries to remember but all he got is a blur.

He turn his gaze back to the sleeping beauty on his bed as he tilted his head to the side and scratch the back of his head in confusion. After a few minutes he figure it’s best to just let things be as he exited his bedroom and walked toward the bathroom before refreshing with a nice warm shower. Meanwhile jaejoong is still fast asleep on the bed when Yunho’s cell phone started to ring. He twists and turns a bit trying to ignore the call but after a while he couldn’t bear it anymore as he reached for Yunho’s phone

“Yah yunho! What’s the point of having a cell phone if you aren’t going to use it!” came changmin’s voice. Before jaejoong could say anything changmin had already spoken “I’m on my way to your apartment right now…I want to discuss with you about those images you have been seeing after your transplant…I’m thinking maybe we should pay a little more attention to those images and think about what to do with them…if you aren’t against it….I’m proposing an idea of locating the place or area of those images you have been seeing of jaejoong…”

Changmin waited for some kind of response from Yunho but didn’t receive anything “Yunho? You there?”

Rather than responding, rather than correcting changmin that the person who answered the phone wasn’t Yunho, jaejoong only hangs up. When Yunho exited the bathroom to his surprise jaejoong had disappeared. There was a note on the coffee table from jaejoong stating that he had something else to do and had left. Yunho only look at the note strangely before hearing his phone ring once more. He went to answer his phone

“Yah! Why the hell did you hang up on me?” changmin asked

Yunho only raised one of his eyebrows “I didn’t hang up on you changmin…”

“Yes you did…”

“No I didn’t…I just received your call right now…”

“Don’t lie to me…I called your earlier and you answer…you didn’t say anything and just hangs up…”

Yunho begin to think when he remembers jaejoong was sleeping on the bed while he was in the shower. Could it be that jaejoong had answered his call?

“a-ah…y-yea…I did…sorry…”

Changmin paused feeling like something wasn’t right “Yunho…who else was there with you?”

“It’s just me! No one else was here…I must have been too tired and hangs up by mistake…” he started to chuckle nervously

Changmin didn’t feel like questioning this as he sighs “I’m at your apartment right now…I’ll be coming up…”

“Okay…”

Jaejoong walked down the street deep in thoughts. He couldn’t forget the phone call from changmin, based on the tone of his voice, it sounded like something serious. He can’t help but feel bad as if he just did something wrong by answering a call meant for Yunho. Now he can’t get what changmin said out of his head. Just what did he mean by images and why would his name be mention? All kind of questions formed in his head as he wanted to stay and listen to what Changmin and Yunho are going to talk about but even that is wrong and disrespectful. Could it be that something is wrong with Yunho that jaejoong didn’t know about? He remembered the last time he went to the store where Yunho worked and watched him went through what looked like unbearable pain. Upon the thought of something being wrong with Yunho health wise got him worry as he felt a tug at his heart. But that aside what does this have to do with him?

He turns around and looks at Yunho’s apartment complex that could still be seen from 3 blocks away. Jaejoong can’t help but get this feeling like something is happening and he is being kept in the dark about it. Whatever is taking place, somehow…someway…it might have to do with him as well.

Changmin made it to Yunho’s apartment and notices the books and paper in the living room. He frowned thinking that Yunho might have stay up all night to study once again.

“You…need to pay more attention to your health Yunho…staying up all night and study isn’t healthy…”

Yunho is reminded of jaejoong saying that same thing except for the food he was eating “it’s fine…I didn’t stay up all night…only till 4ish…”

Changmin raised an eyebrow at him “4? It’s 9 am…that is only 6 hrs of sleep…”

“It’s plenty compare to others…” said Yunho “so why are you here?”

“You didn’t hear me on the phone?”

“I was tire and asleep…so please…repeat…” Yunho lied having the feeling of guilt

“I am going to propose an idea of locating the place or area of those images you have been seeing of jaejoong….it will be like a test…to see if those images will shift again….”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m getting this feeling like maybe there was an unexplained purpose of you seeing these images…maybe…just maybe the person you received the cornea from have some unfinished business that he wants you to complete…”

“Okay…this have become something out of a supernatural movie…”

“I know it sounds unbelievable and weird but you are seeing these images for a reason…think about it…for a year all you see is image of this blonde guy…when you found out who it is and befriended him…the images started to change right?”

“yes…”

“now you are seeing a field of sunflowers and looked like you were burying a small blue box…I’m thinking maybe we should go there and try to find the blue box…it might be some clues…”

“clues? To what?”

“I don’t know…but I get this feeling like it’s important for us to find it…”

Yunho look at changmin’s serious expression and started to think more about what he had just said. Even though it doesn’t seem like it’s something that could actually happen, changmin does have a point. The minute he found out that the blonde guy is jaejoong…the images have started to change. He started to see more than just a simple flash of the blonde guy. But now that he thinks about it, just whose cornea did he inherited? From the look of it, this person must have some kind of ties to Jaejoong in the past. It’s impossible to see images of jaejoong from someone who doesn’t have any connection to him.

“changmin ah…would it be wrong for me to assume that maybe…just maybe these corneas might belong to a friend of jaejoong?”

Changmin’s eyes widen as he felt like something got stuck in his throat making it hard for him to breath or even utter word. Could it be that he have given Yunho some hints without realizing it? Was saying that the location/place of jaejoong in those images be a big mistake on his end when he called earlier this morning?

“No…that’s not it…from the look of it…I’m not the only one thinking more in depth about this situation…Yunho must have started to question these images and starting to piece things together as well” thought changmin

“To be honest…I’m not sure if it is a close friend or not…whoever it is…is allowing you glimpses to his past…allowing you access to what he was seeing before his passing…you are probably the first person to be able to step into another person’s world through your eyes alone….I know it may sound like a scary thing…but…I think it’s beautiful thing…to be able to see what the other person saw…experience his view…his memory…even the emotion base on how he perceived his surrounding, the people he is with or random objects….” Changmin smiled

Yunho paused as he thinks more about all those images he had saw in the past up till the other day. He can’t help but get this feeling that maybe…just maybe this person might actually harbor romantic feeling toward jaejoong. Every one of the images he saw was full of light and beauty. It is how a person will see another person of his or her interest in front of them. Even those images of jaejoong in pain and crying made his heart ached. Even that feeling must have been what this person was feeling when he laid eyes upon those tears.

“Yunho…oi Yunho…” changmin started to call him after seeing him unresponsive for the last few minutes.

“Sorry…what were you saying?” Yunho asked

“Are you okay?”

Yunho smiled at changmin “yea…I’m fine…”

Changmin only looked at him a bit before continuing “well…what do you plan to do? If you want to just leave it alone…then we can leave it alone and just find another way to help stop those images from happening and spare you of the pain…”

Yunho paused as he lower his gaze. He remembered those images of the sunflower, image of Jaejoong laughing under the bright blue sky surrounded in yellow and then the little blue box hidden from the world. There was no doubt about it, that blue box have something probably meant for Jaejoong.

“Let’s do it…let’s go find that box…”