Chapter 21

Beautiful Eyes

The next chapter will be the end to this story :(

_______________________________________________________

**A bit earlier before the confrontation**

Hyun Soo entered the restaurant and immediately he notice Yunho and jaejoong sitting by the window with nothing but smiles on their faces. As much as he wanted his brother to be happy, he cannot accept this kind of relationship. To insured that nothing else happens after dinner, he asked one of the waiters for an empty table. He was lead to an area just a few tables down from the loving pairs as he took a seat.

“Is there anything you will like to drink Sir?” the waiter asked before handing him the menu

“Just a cup of water for now…” he spoke without taking his eyes off of Yunho and jaejoong.

The waiter nodded his head before walking away leaving Hyun Soo alone. He can’t help but wonder what Yunho and jaejoong is talking about. He even took notice of Yunho placing his hand upon Jaejoong’s hand on top of the table. It makes his blood boil and makes him angry to see Yunho touch jaejoong with such ease. The fact that jaejoong welcome those touches…smiles…chuckles and look at Yunho with eyes fill with affection makes Hyun Soo wants to go over there and yanked him away. What surprised him even more was the fact that after a few moments his brother took the stage. As much as he dislikes his brother singing he couldn’t do a thing but just watch. This was the first time he was able to see his brother stand before the crowd with such confident. Now that he thinks about it, he always heard Jaejoong talk about singing and wanting to be a professional singer but he had never heard him actually sing before. The minute he heard Jaejoong took a breath in front of the mic made his heart skip a beat. It filled him with a excite chill that even he was surprised by. Just hearing jaejoong play the piano amazes him. Every key that was pressed it was like being struck by lightning. But nothing can prepare him for what came next. The minute Jaejoong started singing he felt his world completely changed. He never knew just how good of a singer his brother was. To see him in that lime light, playing the people, smiling like he had never smiled before was beautiful. The sound of jaejoong’s voice was mesmerizing that even he couldn’t deny his talent.

“That guy is so good…is he a pro?” Hyun Soo could hear a couple near his table spoke with admiration

“I don’t know but he should think about going pro…that is a unique and one of a kind voice…it makes one want to keep listening to him sing…” spoke male companion

Hyun Soo could hear others spoke of the same amount of admiration as he look at this brother once more and for the first time he actually thought that this kind of life does match jaejoong. He could see his brother looking directly at Yunho and knew this song was meant for him base on the way jaejoong will look at his lover. Suddenly he notice Yunho acting strange, he kept rubbing his eyes and looked like he was in pain. Watching him stood up and walk away made Hyun Soo curious as he too stood up and follow. He had wanted to talk to Yunho alone and thought this was an opportunity. Little did he know that the minute he call out to him in the hallway toward the bathroom would Yunho look at him with eyes of fear and said the one line that no one should ever be able to say.

“What did you say?” he asked with eyes of shock

At this point Yunho realize that he had said his thought out loud the minute he saw Hyun Soo standing behind him. He had just put himself in a possible dangerous situation confronting the killer.

“Said it again?” Hyun Soo demand to confirm what he heard was right

Yunho on the other hand didn’t say anything; he only averted his eyes from Hyun Soo

“Said it again!” Hyun Soo demanded with a louder voice startling Yunho as a few customers nearby will turn and whisper.

Once again Yunho didn’t say anything feeling that if he repeated what he just said, he will put himself in danger. But by not saying anything it only fueled Hyun Soo’s anger as he approached Yunho and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt.

“Say it! Repeat what you just said to me!” Hyun Soo glared with both fear and irritated that this person might actually know of his deep dark secret.

Yunho could feel Hyun Soo tightening his grip on the collar of his shirt that is also tightening around his neck slowly restricting his air way.

Jaejoong had only made it close to the hallway toward the bathroom when he passed a few customers who whispered of a possible fight between two men. When he finally got there his eyes widen in shock. Standing in the middle of the hallway is the man he love in the hand of his older brother who looked like he wanted to kill someone.

“Hyun Soo!” Jaejoong’s loud voice echoed into the hallway as the older brother paused and turn to look at him. The little brother stormed over to them and grab onto Hyun Soo’s hand and yank it away from Yunho allowing him to breathe properly once more as he gasped for air. Jaejoong took one look at Yunho and noticed the strange redness of his eyes, the pale complexion and expression of pain. He knew right away what this meant after seeing him show such painful expression before. Now it made him even more curious as to what is wrong with Yunho. It is not normal for someone to constantly go through pain to a point where their eyes will become bloodshot so often. There was something going on that Yunho is not revealing to him. Could his medical condition be much worst then what he believe? Jaejoong turn around and stood between them as he glared at Hyun Soo with deep hate.

“What are you doing here? Did you follow me?” Jaejoong asked with a cold glare never thinking his brother will actually go this far

Hyun Soo only look at jaejoong and then to Yunho before reaching out to his little brother and pulling him to his side with brute force that even jaejoong groan a bit from the sudden tightness.

“We are going home!…from this point on…I forbid you from having any kind of contact with Yunho…!” he glared fearing that his little brother might find out about his secret if allow to associate further with Yunho

“You have no right to make that decision…” Jaejoong return the powerful and deadly glare that even Hyun Soo felt a chill run up his spine. He had seen his little brother angry before, he had seen him throw a tantrum and glare at people but this is the first time those big brown eyes reflect such dark hate.

“Let go” jaejoong spoke trying to stay cool

“We are going home…” Hyun Soo spoke without fazing from Jaejoong’s glare.

They only took a step when Yunho reached out and grab onto Jaejoong’s other arm preventing Hyun Soo from taking his lover away.

“He isn’t going anywhere with you” spoke Yunho as Hyun Soo only look at him

Upon seeing this scene, people were staring and whispering of a love triangle. Jaejoong could feel the pressure and the embarrassment being put in this situation.

“Is everything alright here?” the manager finally appear and asked sensing the tension between Hyun Soo and Yunho.

Hyun Soo glanced at Yunho a bit before letting go of jaejoong and turn around with a bright smile “No sir…everything is alright…there just seem to be a misunderstanding…he is my little brother and I just happen to meet him here…I guess his friend thought I was harassing him and got angry at me…”

The manager glanced at Hyun Soo and then at jaejoong seeing some similar features

“Alright…but please try not to cause any commotion for the other customers…”

“I truly apologize” Hyun soo bow slightly

Yunho wasn’t going to wait around as he hold onto jaejoong’s hand tightly and pulled him away as they walked pass Hyun Soo and through the little crowd that was gathering.

“Yah! jaejoong ah!!!” he shouted

Yunho wanted to quickly take jaejoong away…far away where Hyun Soo will not be able to touch him. Now that he confirmed the driver who killed Geun Suk was Hyun Soo, there is no way he is allowing his lover to go back to that house. When Hyun Soo finally exited the restaurant he quickly looks around but to his frustration Yunho and jaejoong had disappear from sight. He took out his phone and tried to contact jaejoong but didn’t go through. He cursed and thinks back to what Yunho had said to him about how he was the one who killed Geun suk. Hyun Soo had thought that all evidence pointing to him has been destroyed…there wasn’t any witnesses so where did Yunho get that information. Just who exactly is Yunho? Could it be that he was there that night but was hiding? Did Hyun Soo overlooked a key witness or did he not cover all the evidence toward him? All kind of thoughts and questions appear in his mind but only Yunho has the answers to them. From the start he didn’t like Yunho because of how close he has gotten so Jaejoong but now he really doesn’t like Yunho because he knows Hyun Soo’s secret.

After calming himself he dialed a number as it started to ring “we have trouble…it seems that we have not covered everything…a possible witness has just appeared…”

Yunho dragged jaejoong through the darken street until they got to an area that didn’t have a lot of people. It was a quiet place near a park where there isn’t a lot of businesses to keep this street filled with people. The entire time they were walking Yunho have not said a single word or turn around to look at jaejoong. In fact he looked occupy like he is thinking about something serious.

“Yunho…” jaejoong called his name but Yunho only kept walking dragging him along “yah Yunho…” he called him again but like earlier Yunho made no motion to look back or speak.

This was starting to irritate jaejoong as he stopped dead in his track. Once Yunho felt the sudden tug he finally stopped and turns to look at jaejoong.

“What is it?” he asked

Jaejoong only raised an eyebrow at Yunho wondering how he could not be exhausted after that mile or so long fast walk to escape Hyun Soo.

“I need to rest…I can’t take another step” said Jaejoong

At this point Yunho realize that he had disregarded Jaejoong’s wellbeing. He was so deep in thoughts that he completely forgotten about him.

“Sorry…” he apologized

Jaejoong could only smile “It’s okay…let’s just…take a break okay…”

Yunho nodded his head as they sat down on a bench near the park. Jaejoong took off his shoes feeling the pressure and throbbing pain. If he knew they will have to escape Hyun Soo, he would have worn a more comfortable shoe for walking and running. But because he thought they were just going to have dinner he picked a shoe that was clearly not built for long distance walk. He could feel the back of his feet aching and throbbing painfully.

“Is your feet okay?” Yunho asked

“Yea…it’s fine…” Said jaejoong as he was trying to hide the fact that the shoe he was wearing has injured his heel.

Yunho on the other hand was an observant type of person. He could see Jaejoong slightly messaging his heel. He could guess that all the sudden walking must have been too much.

“I’ll be right back” said Yunho as he left jaejoong on the bench alone and crossed the street to a little convenient store at the corner. After a few minutes he return with some bandages and cream to help jaejoong’s feet.

“Let me see…” said Yunho as he gently grasp jaejoong’s feet into his hand and removed the sock. He was surprise to see the slightly torn skin, the little bubble of blood and redness. He has once again caused his lover pain because of his carelessness. It wasn’t too long ago that jaejoong sprain his ankle and now this.

“Sorry jaejoong ah…” he apologizes before wiping the injury, putting cream on it and carefully putting a bandage to help cushion the injury from the shoe.

As Yunho perform all of this jaejoong couldn’t help but smiled at his gentle touch and the concern expression on his face. This was a true sign that Yunho is the type every girl will want as their boyfriend. His mile quickly disappears after remembering what happen back at the restaurant. He never expected Hyun Soo to follow him there and none the less cause trouble for Yunho.

“The one who should be apologizing is me…I’m sorry you have to go through that with Hyun Soo…usually he never let out his anger in public…he always tries to remain calm and modest in front of people…that was the first time I saw him grab someone like that with such anger…” spoke jaejoong “what…did you say to him?”

Yunho paused a bit feeling nervous as he remembered those images he saw earlier and that one line that completely threw Hyun Soo off. Rather than being quiet about it he ends up saying it to the killer’s face. It would have gotten worst if he did repeat those words directly to Hyun Soo. By doing so he could also put Jaejoong in a sticky and dangerous situation considering the fact that the driver who killed Geun suk his is own brother.

He finishes bandaging the wound before helping jaejoong put the sock back on and slip the shoe over his feet. He stood up and started to look around praying that Hyun Soo isn’t anywhere nearby.

“You are very cautious of him Yunho…why?” Jaejoong asked “if you didn’t say anything…Did he say something to you?”

Yunho took a seat next to jaejoong “First of all…if a guy grabbed you by the collar of your shirt restricting your air way…you will most likely be cautious of him…” said Yunho “other than that…he didn’t say anything to me to be honest…”

“Then why did he grab you with an expression of wanting to kill you…?”

Yunho didn’t say anything feeling like he is being pushed to a corner without any way out. He could lie to jaejoong but how could he start a relationship base on lies. But at the same time he doesn’t want to tell him that the person who Killed Geun suk was his own brother.

“What’s wrong? You look pale” spoke jaejoong noticing the strange look on Yunho’s face

“It’s nothing…”

Jaejoong highly doubt it as he lower his gaze and let out a long sigh feeling like they aren’t going anywhere if Yunho isn’t being honest with him. By tomorrow light he will be forced to leave and didn’t want this night to end like this nor does he want to leave not knowing the full truth.

“What are we Yunho?” jaejoong asked

“What do you mean?”

“I mean are we still friends…are we lover…or are we friend with benefit?”

“What kind of question is that? We are lover…we confessed to each other and even slept together…”

“Then why are you still hiding things from me?” jaejoong asked with a serious expression causing Yunho to pause “even…with your pain...even with what you are going through…you have yet to tell me the truth…the real reason behind the pain you feel in your eyes…it’s saddens me that even after we connected and made our feeling mutual…you have yet to be honest with me about what is wrong with you…it’s frustrating because I don’t know how to help you…I want to ease your pain...I want to be there to support you but how could I when I am being kept in the dark…”

Jaejoong watched as Yunho lower his gaze debating what to say. Feeling like he is pressuring Yunho, he let out another sigh “never mind…you will tell me when you are ready…I don’t want you giving me that expression of being forced or trouble…if you don’t want me to know…I won’t pursue it…” he smiled before standing up “let’s get going…it’s getting late…”

Jaejoong had only taken a few steps when Yunho who has not gotten up reached out and grasp his slender hand. Without even lifting his gaze he started to speak “I… don’t know if you will believe me or not…but…something is happening with me…something strange…something that just don’t usually happen in real life…”

Jaejoong paused as he turns to look at Yunho who kept his gaze on the ground

“It has been happening since the day I got the cornea transplant…” he spoke nervously wondering how his lover will react

“Like what?” Jaejoong asked

Yunho hesitated a bit before speaking feeling like he could no longer keep this a secret “images…I started seeing strange images flash before my eyes…it was images of someone’s memories…images of what that person was seeing before he died…I was seeing my donor’s past memories flash before my eyes as if I was there…”

Jaejoong look at Yunho wondering if he is lying to him but there were no lies in those troubled brown eyes.

“I wasn’t sure what to do…I went to see the doctor but they couldn’t figure out why it was happening…everything was working normal…there isn’t anything wrong and my body wasn’t rejecting the cornea either…they only give me some medication and told me that it might just be a temporary thing but it lasted for a whole year…Every time I have those flash back my eyes will hurt…it will feel like it’s burning like I have smeared some hot pepper into it…at times it could get very painful to the point where I could no longer stand on my own…where my head will ache so bad that I just want to smash it….”

Jaejoong started to remember all those times where Yunho was going through pain from his eyes. Could it be that those times were when he was being forced to see those images? In truth jaejoong didn’t want to believe Yunho…everything so far sounded farfetched but he wanted to try and believe in Yunho knowing that he lover will not make something like this up.

“What kind of images were you seeing?” jaejoong asked

Yunho hesitated, he wasn’t sure if Jaejoong will be able to take this as well as he did when he told him about Geun suk’s cornea. None the less he put his trust in his lover as he lifted his head to look at jaejoong as their eyes meet.

“You…” he spoke nervously

Yoochun had just gotten off the phone as he turns around to look at Changmin and Junsu with a disappointed look on his face.

“Well?” Junsu asked

“According to what my secretary was able to find out…the original owner of that bakery is no longer there…after that accident…after being bribed to keep his silence he sold the store and moved out of town…”

“So now what?” Junsu asked

“we track down the original owner…knowing him…knowing what could happen to him…I’ll say he probably still have the original tape on him as protection in case the culprit plans to do away with him…” said changmin

“Tracking him won’t be easy…” sigh Yoochun

“I know but we must try…we are already coming close to the truth...all we need is that video as proof…” said Changmin

Junsu couldn’t agree more as he begins to think more into this case and the ties connecting to the Kim’s family. He also thought back to the conversation with Yunho the night before how he suspect the driver might be Hyun Soo. With all of this information present before them, he started to think it might actually be him. But if the driver was Hyun Soo, why did he kill Geun suk? What could have led to such a tragic outcome that one man will be left for dead?

“What if…Yunho was right?” Junsu spoke as Changmin and Yoochun turn to look at him

“What are you talking about?” Yoochun asked

“Changmin ah…you remember what Yunho told us the night before how he suspected that he driver might be Hyun Soo…what if he is right…what if the driver is Hyun Soo”

Once again changmin and Yoochun exchange look feeling like Junsu might be right. As unbelievable as it sound, with all these things connecting to the Kim’s law firm, Hyun Soo is the most likely suspect. For one thing the father and mother had never meet Geun Suk and knowing them, they will most likely not flee from a crime scene. The sister is also out of the question because she too will not flee considering her personality as doing the right thing. The only other member of the Kim household is Hyun Soo. Compare to the other family members he seem more unstable…more willing to protect his pride…his reputation then doing what is right. He had meet Geun Suk a few times and those times always lead into dispute between them far more serious than the dispute between Geun suk and Yoochun. Every time Hyun Soo tries to force his way to jaejoong, Geun suk will stand in his way preventing him and even embarrassed him once.

The three of them look at each other as if they all have the same thought that came to their head.

“I’ll do some digging as to where Hyun Soo was at the time of the accident as well as track down that video” said Yoochun

“I’ll contact Yunho and see if there is another clues he could remember that will link this case to Hyun Soo” spoke Changmin

“I’ll talk to jaejoong…” said Junsu as changmin and Yoochun turn to look at him wondering why he would be talking to someone who isn’t aware of all of this “If it’s truly Hyun Soo who Killed Geun suk…Jaejoong will know what happen that night…even if he doesn’t know about the accident…he can at least tell me what happen when he went home after that argument with Geun suk…that might shine some light into what brought about this deadly outcome…”

Jaejoong only stood there with his eyes wide open in complete shock. He was still hoping Yunho will laugh and say this was a joke. There wasn’t any smile…any laugh…there was just two brown eyes looking at him saying this is the truth; this is what was going on.

“Geun Suk…” jaejoong finally found his voice to speak after a few minutes of silence “He was your donor…in other words…you were seeing his memories…”

Yunho nodded his head “I was seeing…what he was seeing…I was seeing images of you bathe in lights…smiling like an angel full of life and spirit…it made me jealous that I wasn’t the one you were looking at but rather it was Geun suk who could only make you smile that way…”

Jaejoong felt his heart started to waver…he felt his chest tightening as if he is being expose…as if everything he had done in the past that only Geun suk would know has been seen by Yunho.

“Every image of you was beautiful…I could tell that the way I was seeing it…was how Geun suk was seeing you…”

“that’s how you knew he loved me” spoke jaejoong

Yunho nodded his head “it was through those images that I knew of the blue box…I knew where he had buried it…thinking he had wanted you to have it I have changmin dug it up…”

“Changmin?…he knew everything…including these images?”

“yea…as well as Junsu and Yoochun…”

Jaejoong look at Yunho in shock that even Yoochun who is an outsider knew about everything except for him.

“Why…didn’t you tell me about these images?” jaejoong asked “was it because you can’t trust me?”

“Of course not!” Yunho quickly stood up “it wasn’t a secret that I was trying to hide…it was because I thought you will be in pain…I didn’t want to separate from you…”

Jaejoong became quiet as he tried to stomach all of this information once more. Compare to the first time, these were harder to digest. He started to think about everything that has taken place up to this point. Was it really just a coincidence that he meets Yunho? Or was it Yunho who recognized him and made sure their path crossed? How about Yunho’s love? Was it how he really feels or was he being influenced by the feeling Geun suk has for jaejoong? Could everything just be a delusion? Upon this thought Jaejoong felt his heart become heavy

He took one look at Yunho and notice the fear, the nervousness reflected in those brown eyes that are looking back at him. As unbelievable as this sounded, he also knew Yunho wouldn’t make up something like this. They both stood there in silent as neither of them spoke a word. Jaejoong wasn’t sure what to say and Yunho was too nervous to say anything.

“Sorry…” spoke Yunho as he broke the silence “now that I think about it…it seem like I have peeked into your personal life…your private time with Geun suk…it must feel weird and uncomfortable to you…”

Jaejoong lifted his gaze toward the star cover night sky “it wasn’t like you have any control over it…even after hearing everything…it still sound unbelievable…”

“Even now I’m still not sure why it’s happening…” said Yunho “changmin did come with the conclusion that maybe….just maybe Geun suk still have something left to do…something he regret that’s why I’m seeing his memories…maybe he is trying to tell me something…accomplish what he wasn’t able to accomplish…”

“Like a lingering ghost who can’t move on because of regret…unfulfilled dreams…..task that has not been complete or regrets…”

Yunho nodded his head as jaejoong let out a sigh “that’s so like him…never leaving anything unfinished…but…you really have bad luck to be the one who has to go through all of this…”

Yunho couldn’t help but chuckled “yea…I remember being told the same thing…”

“neh Yunho…” jaejoong asked without even looking at Yunho but kept his gaze to the sky with a serious look on his face “what…did you see?...other than me…what else were you able to see?”

Yunho was hesitant as he remembered those images from Geun suk’s death. He was debating rather he should say anything regarding those images. Jaejoong on the other hand wanted Yunho to confirm that Hyun Soo wasn’t as innocent as he claims to be that night. If Yunho is seeing images…most likely Yunho must have saw something that night. This is probably why the three of them were talking about Geun suk’s death and how Hyun Soo was the suspect.

“I….” Yunho started to speak but found it hard to continue “I…” he paused once more trying to gather his thoughts

“You saw it didn’t you? That night?” Jaejoong asked feeling like Yunho won’t be able to say it

Yunho lifted his gaze toward jaejoong and was taken aback by those dark eyes looking at him as if he knew the truth and needed confirmation.

“Hyun Soo….he was the driver wasn’t he?” jaejoong asked once more

Yunho didn’t want to give him the confirmation he needs. He can’t help but get this sickly gut feeling that if he did, Jaejoong will do something very stupid. Once again they both stood there in silence. It wasn’t until the sound of a phone ringing did the silence came to an end.

“Aren’t you going to answer your phone?” Jaejoong asked

At this point Yunho realize it was his phone that was ringing as he took it out and notice the caller is Changmin.

“neh Changmin ah…I’m kind of busy right now…I’ll call you back later” said Yunho as he glanced at jaejoong

“Are you two still on your date? I thought for sure by now it’s over”

“Well…something came up…”

“What did?”

“I’ll talk to you later about it…”

Yunho was about to hang up but changmin quickly spoke stopping him “You might be right…we discovered that the lead investigator is connected to the Kim’s family. He must have erased all the evidence in this case….the necklace that you saw was personally designed and made by a Mr. Kim to his 18 year old son...the video tape that shows the entire scene happening was kept by the store owner whose store was right in front of the accident…we have decided to track him down and obtain that video as proof…”

“That’s great changmin ah but can we really discuss about this later…I have something else to do right now…”

Base on the tone of voice Yunho is using, changmin could tell something had happen. Was the date a failure?

“Jaejoong ah!” came Hyun Soo’s voice as changmin could also recognize it

As Yunho and Jaejoong turn around to their right, Hyun Soo could be seen walking toward them with an angry look on his face.

“OI…why is Hyun Soo there?” Changmin asked sensing trouble

Yunho of course didn’t answer as he was more focus on the approaching danger.

“You never give up do you” sigh Jaejoong as he started to get a headache

Hyun Soo didn’t say anything as he approached them. He grabbed onto jaejoong and whispered into his ear

“End it or I will end him…you choose” he spoke coldly with a glare

Jaejoong could tell he meant it; there was something strange about Hyun Soo. Even the looks in his eyes were scary like a mad man. A chill run up jaejoong’s spine as he turn to Yunho

“Sorry Yunho…our date will have to end here…” he smiled

“Jaejoong…”

“I’ll…” jaejoong cut him off “I’ll call you okay…so go home…it’s already late…be careful on your way back...”

Without even letting Yunho say a word Hyun Soo pulled jaejoong away but he felted a tug and noticed Yunho have also grab onto jaejoong.

“You don’t…have to go…you…have a choice…” Yunho spoke

Jaejoong look at Yunho and notice the fear…the desperation reflected upon his face. Jaejoong could tell Yunho wanted to protect him but the one needing protection isn’t him but Yunho.

“Yes…I do have a choice…and I’m choosing to go with Hyun Soo…so please let go…let go okay…” jaejoong tried to smile fearing that every minute that passed will fuel Hyun Soo’s anger and who knows what will happen “I’ll call you when I get home…”

Feeling like he have no other choice Yunho loosed his grip as Hyun Soo took the chance and yanked Jaejoong away before heading toward his parked red car. Jaejoong got into the passenger side as the door closed before Hyun Soo got into the driver side. He made sure to lock the door before pulling away. Once again Yunho stood there and watched as jaejoong disappear from his sight unable to do anything. He could have stopped him, he could have put up a fight but looking into those big brown eyes, he couldn’t disobey.

“Yunho....yah yunho! answer me!” changmin shouted from the phone growing even more concern.

“Changmin ah…I let him go…”

“what do you mean?”

“I let the person who killed Geun suk took jaejoong away…”

Upon this changmin got even more concern as he turn to look at Junsu and Yoochun “By killer you mean…”

“Hyun Soo…he was the one who killed Geun suk…I saw it…I saw him fighting Geun Suk minutes before running him over….” Yunho spoke as he became even more distraught “and yet…I let him take jaejoong with him…”

“Yunho…calm down…nothing is going to happen to jaejoong…” said changmin “Don’t forget Hyun Soo adores his little brother and wants to protect him…so you don’t have to worry about him coming to harm…”

“Even so…I should have held onto him tighter and never let go…”

“Just be patient Yunho…now that we know it really is Hyun Soo…all we need is the video tape that recorded the accident….once that is brought to the police…Hyun Soo will be put away for a long time and you won’t have to worry about him anymore…so for the time being…just be patient…”

Yunho took a deep breath and tried to calm himself because changmin does have a point. They are already close to obtaining everything to put Hyun Soo away for good. They will be able to find justice for Geun suk and rest his soul. These images will stop flashing before his eyes and he can spend a normal day with the man he loves.

“You are right…”

“Go home and rest up…we have lots to do tomorrow…” said changmin.

They spoke for a bit more before hanging up the phone. Once again he let out a deep sigh looking to the direction the car speed off to with a worried expression.

“You better call me jaejoong ah” thought Yunho.

He only took a few steps when he notices someone stepped in front of him. He also heard footsteps from behind as he turns around and another man appears. They both were looking at him strangely as a sign that he is their target.

“I don’t…have any money on me…” spoke Yunho thinking they are trying to mug him

“It’s okay…we don’t need money…we already getting paid a lot just to bring you in…” one of them smiled

Before Yunho could do anything a third man surprised him from behind wrapping his arm around Yunho body. The first man walked over to Yunho with a wide grin and punched him in the stomach causing him to gasp as pain traveled throughout his body. He then punched Yunho on the face so hard that it caused the inside to bleed before grabbing Yunho by the hair.

“You are an idiot….you should have kept quiet…hide away somewhere far and live in peace…instead you got yourself involve with the little brother and dug your nose into something you shouldn’t have…” the man spoke

“Who…are you people?” Yunho asked between throbbing pain from his stomach and face.

“A soon to be dead man don’t need to know…” he grinned before knocking Yunho unconscious.

He took out a cell phone and called a number for the other line picks up “it’s done…we have the possible witness…”

“Good…bring him to the usual place…I need to know just how did he get those information when I know for a fact there was no witnesses that night…we need to make sure no is no other witness….” spoke the old man

“Sure thing…”

The old man hangs up the phone before standing up and slip on his tan trench coat. His badge could be seen clipped onto the side of his belt as it shines under the ceiling light.

“Are you heading home now Mr. Kang?” one of the officer asked

“Yes…I’ll see you tomorrow” he smiled before leaving the police station.

The next day changmin went to Yunho’s apartment to check up on him and ask questions regarding the recent images that he saw. He tried ringing the door bell and knock on the door but received no response. He even tried calling Yunho’s cell phone but there wasn’t any answer making changmin worried. He went down stairs and asked the front desk lady to let him into Yunho’s apartment and surprisingly she agrees without any objection. In fact even she looked worried when Changmin stated he couldn’t reach Yunho. Once she let him inside she returns to the front desk as he ventured inside. The place that is usually warm is cold as if Yunho had not come home all night. He walked over to the bedroom and opens the door only to see an empty bed that has not been slept on. He checked the other rooms and like the bedroom, they are completely empty. He paused in the middle of the living room wondering where Yunho has left to. He tried calling once again and it still didn’t go through. At this point he became even more concern before dialing Junsu’s number

“Yunho isn’t home” he spoke

“Did he go to work?”

“No…he usually has Sunday off…” said Changmin

“Tried calling him…”

“I did…he isn’t picking up…” said changmin “Junsu…I’m worried…can you ask Jaejoong if he had seen him? I don’t have his number anymore”

“yea I can….I’m actually on my way to see jaejoong right now…”

“Thanks…”

Changmin hangs up the phone and glances around the room wondering where his best friend could have disappeared to. After a few minutes Junsu pulled up to the Kim’s residence. He parked his car and stepped out looking at the house. For the first time he felted nervous kind of scare now knowing that this household is connected to Geun suk’s death. To make it worst the driver that night was Hyun Soo. He wondered how he should react upon meeting Hyun Soo…could he even act normal.

Junsu took a deep breath before walking up to the door and was about to knock but before he could the door swing open as one of the maid walked out carrying a luggage. In fact a few others were carrying stuff out to the car parked outside.

“Don’t tell me Hyun Soo is leaving?” wonder Junsu as he stepped inside

“Junsu?” came the voice of Jaejoong’s sister

“Noona…long time no see” he smiled

“Indeed it has…” she hugged him “You are still short as ever”

“Oi…just so you know I don’t like people calling me short”

The sister chuckled

“is Hyun Soo going back to France?”

She lower his gaze with a sadden expression “He..is leaving….as well as Jaejoong”

Upon this Junsu’s eyes widen in shock “why…why is jaejoong leaving?!”

“It was decided that jaejoong will continue his education in France in the care of our brother…”

Without another word Junsu climbed the stairs and headed straight toward jaejoong’s bedroom and pushed the door wide open. He was surprise to see jaejoong in the middle of stuffing some clothes into a larger suitcase with a startled expression.

“It’s…not true…are you really moving to France?” Junsu asked

Jaejoong only lower his gaze before putting more clothes into the suitcase “Yes…”

“but why?”

“I don’t have a choice….”

“Bull! You do have a choice…don’t tell me you are just going to abandon everything and move away? Didn’t you say you want to continue your music career?”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything as he continues to pack his stuff. This only irritated Junsu as he walked over to jaejoong and stopped him from packing

“Tell me the truth jaejoong? Why are you doing this? I thought that everything has been settled with you wanting to pursue music again…with you and Yunho becoming a couple…I thought that was enough reason for you to stay here…”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything as Junsu calmed himself “did…something happen between you and Yunho? Is that why you are doing this?”

Jaejoong shook his head “nothing happens between me and Yunho….It’s just that…there are certain things…I have no control over…I can’t win against both my father and brother…”

“It’s not about winning or losing...it’s about you fighting for what you want even if that will make other people upset or sad…you have to walk the path you choose and be determine to continue down that path no matter what people say or do…you can’t just go halfway and quit because others disapprove of your choices…”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything as Junsu sigh “look jaejoong….changmin called me a moment ago…Yunho has not return home…”

This surprised jaejoong “what do you mean?”

“Yunho isn’t’ answering his phone…he has not gone back to his apartment since your date last night… did you tell him you were leaving today?”

Jaejoong shook his head “I…didn’t tell him anything…”

“Then what could have prevented him from not returning to his apartment…?”

Jaejoong started to think about this and grew worried. Could it be that something has happen? Was he mad that jaejoong didn’t contact him as he promised to because his brother has confiscated his phone? Could this be the reason Yunho got mad and run off somewhere? No matter how he thinks about it, this didn’t make any sense. There was no way Yunho will just disappear, if he was upset he would most likely come running to Jaejoong’s house.

“Could it be?” Jaejoong started to think before storming out of the room as Junsu followed him.

Jaejoong descended the stairs and headed to the living room where Hyun Soo and the others have gathered. He walked right toward Hyun Soo and forcefully turns him around

“What did you do?!” Jaejoong demanded with a glare as the other family members wonder what could have gotten to the younger child

“What do you mean?”

“Tell me what did you do to Yunho!” he snapped

Hyun Soo paused as he looked at jaejoong with a serious look on his face “I don’t know what you are talking about”

“Don’t lie to me Hyun Soo!! You did something to him didn’t you! He didn’t return to his apartment last night!”

“Please calm down jaejoong…who exactly is Yunho?” his sister asked

“My friend…a very important friend who I care very much about…”

“And what does this friend has to do with Hyun Soo?” his father asked

“Everything…” jaejoong snapped

Hyun Soo only sighs before digging into his pocket and took out the silver ring surprising both Jaejoong and Junsu “He isn’t just a friend dad…he is jaejoong’s lover…”

Junsu could see the expression on jaejoong’s dad face darken

“This Yunho fellow was going to propose to jaejoong with this ring…they were going to get married without your knowledge dad…I found out and tried to separate them…”

Jaejoong’s dad turn to him with anger “Is this true?! Are you…having an affair with a man?!”

Jaejoong didn’t answer

“ANSWER ME!!” he shouted loudly startling everyone

It took jaejoong a few minutes to gather up his courage “yes…it’s true…I am in a relationship with a man however that ring wasn’t his…he wasn’t going to propose to me…”

“Really now…so why did he have such a heartfelt engraving for you…” spoke Hyun Soo

Jaejoong glared at Hyun Soo “it was not his ring…” he repeated

“You…just how far are you planning to go…do you what me dead? Is that what you want?! You want me dead?!” shouted the father “First you disobey me…you wanted to pursue music against my wishes…you rebel against me on everything I ask of you and now you are dating a man…a en man!! Have you lost your mind!!!”

“Who I choose to love has nothing to do with you…”

This only made his father angrier as he slap jaejoong on the cheek “I have had enough it! This time…you leave…never come back here until you have straightened yourself out!”

Jaejoong could feel his cheek throbbing painfully but he didn’t care about this. What he cared about was the wellbeing of Yunho. He turns to face his father with an ice cold glare as he too has had enough of everything. At this point he doesn’t care anymore.

“You think I’m a disappointment? What about Hyun Soo?” Jaejoong asked with a grin “Do you really think he is that great of a man…?”

“Your brother is much better then you…he never caused me any concern or anger…he always follows my footsteps and doesn’t disobey me like you…”

Jaejoong kept his gaze low as an image of Yunho flashed before his eyes as he started to remember those life changing moments with him

*Flash back*

“You know…” Yunho spoke “before my mother died….she had always say to me…If I ever get stuck in a fork road unsure which path to follow…just stand there…close my eyes…take a deep breath…Look at each path that has been laid out for you…imagine yourself in that path…are you smiling…if not then that isn’t the right one....” he smiled

**End of flash back**

**Flash back***

“I apologize if I step out of line here but…I don’t think you should stop…I think you should keep singing…I love your voice jaejoong ah…I love how powerful it is…I love how every note you sing struck me like lightening…the way you sing…the expression on your face when you sing…it’s beautiful…”

“Don’t…give it up…” Yunho soften his tone of voice with a soften expression “don’t stop…keep singing…I have never seen someone match what they do as much as you…you were given a powerful and beautiful voice that can move a heart…don’t…let it go to waste…keep letting the world hear it...let me continue to hear it…”

**End of flash back***

Jaejoong slowly lifted his gaze from the ground ignoring the throbbing pain of his cheek as he looks directly at his father surprising him. This made it the first time since who knows when their eyes finally met. His lip curved into a wide smile giving Junsu a chill that he is about to say something big that will forever change this family.

*Flash back*

“…I love you jaejoong ah” Yunho smiled softly

**End of flash back***

“You spoke of Hyun Soo with proudness and praises but even you don’t know everything about him…what he have done…his sins is far worst then mine…did you know dad…that he killed someone a year ago…and ran away like a coward while destroying all the evidence pointing to him” spoke jaejoong who no longer desire this kind of family. Even if this will tear everything apart he didn’t care.

Junsu look at Jaejoong in complete shock. Just when did this guy learn of this? Did Yunho tell him the truth? He wasn’t the only one looking at jaejoong with shocked eyes as jaejoong’s father and daughter was also looking at him the same way. But none is as shock as Hyun Soo as his eyes opened as wide as he could not knowing when did his little brother know this truth.

“Now let me ask you father…is a son who is trying to pursue his dream worst or a son who is a murderer…?” jaejoong asked

When Yunho open his eyes he found himself in a darken room. He felt his face and stomach throbbing from the pains he suffered yesterday. It was at this moment did he realize he has been tied to a chair. He tried struggling but it was no use. He started shouting for help but didn’t receive any response. Just then he heard a door open and footsteps soon follows. From the sound of it, it was coming his direction directly behind him. Not being able to turn his head and see this person made him very nervous and scare.

“Who…who are you? What do you want?!” Yunho shouted

This person only kept walking toward him and came to a stop just behind Yunho without a single word