Chapter 1

Beautiful Eyes

**I made a bit of change from the foreword...I change Yunho's age of 19 to 21 when he got the eye transplant******

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yunho sat in the cafeteria surrounded by his friends as they all continues to stare at him while he was trying to enjoy his lunch. There was no way he could even swallow being stare at like a foreign object. He set his spoon down and sighs

“Will you guys stop staring…its making me uncomfortable?”

“This is too creepy” one of the girl spoke “you were as blind as a bat walking around with a stick and sunglasses….all of us had to take turn helping you from getting the things you need…walking you to the right direction…taking notes for you and etc…and now that a new year started you came back completely cured…not to mention you are now a year behind us while the rest of us are graduating because of the surgery and you taking the semesters off…it’s going to take some time to get use to this…”

“So how is it…being able to see again?” one of the guys asked

“It feels good…now I can do the things I wanted to do without any restriction”

“That’s good…I’m glad it went well” another girl spoke shyly whose cheek has gone from bright pink to as red as a tomato. This was a clear indication that this girl was interested in Yunho and has always been admiring from the side.

“Is there anything different?” one of the guys asked

Yunho started to think, other than bright light still hurts a bit, there isn’t anything out of the ordinary “I don’t think there is anything different…it just feels like I was never blind nor did I ever went through a surgery…”

They continues to ask him questions while he did his best to answer until a long hand reached over and pat Yunho on the shoulder. Everyone turn to look at the tall man before them with brown hair and a tray full of goodies. There was more food stacked on that tray then all their food combined.

“You guys need to stop questioning him and let him eat…” this friend spoke before taking a seat next to Yunho.

“Where have you been changmin ah?” Yunho asked “weren’t your class done 30 minutes ago?”

“Yea but the professor wanted my help with something….”

“That’s what you get for being a teacher’s pet” one of the guys jokes

The tall man name Changmin only grinned at his friend

“at least someone is guarantee an A in a course that you are failing….maybe you should give the teacher pet a tried and see if you can pull a miracle”

Everyone at the table started to laugh as their laughter echoed throughout the cafeteria earning a few stares and whispers for their loudness.

Yunho walked toward his next class along with changmin as the others bid their goodbyes. They chatted for a while until they came to a stop by Yunho’s classroom. Changmin also bid his goodbyes before continuing his way down the hallway. As Yunho made it through the door there was barely anyone yet. He looks at his watch and realizes he has arrived earlier than usual thanks so Changmin’s so call short cut. He still got at least 15 more minutes before the class starts. It was a large lecture room with lots of seats. There were 2 large windows allowing natural sunlight into the room. There were a few students already seated but they were spread apart doing their own thing to kill time. He descended down the aisle before taking a seat in the middle of the room. Just as he started to unpack his books he felt a cool breeze blew pass him causing a few strains of hair to sway back and forth. He could even smell the fresh air filled with all kind of floral scent. He turns his gaze from the book in in his hand to the direction the wind came from and noticed one of the window has been opened. Just outside the window is a large maple tree as the leaves started to dance against the gentle breeze. Just then a single leaves snapped away from its branch and slowly slide down into the class room before settling down on a table. Sleeping directly next to the window is a young man. Usually seeing people taking naps don’t spark his interest but for some reason this person did. It could be the large oversized dark brown sweater or the fact that this person is sleeping directly under the sunlight wearing such a terrible thing for summer that caught his attention. The hoodie has been pulled over this person’s head covering it completely from view while resting his head upon his arm. Yunho could make out a few strains of brown hair that seems to shine under the sunlight.

Before long the class started as the lecture hall is completely filled. The teacher started the lecture while Yunho carefully listen and takes notes. However he found himself constantly glancing at the young man who has yet to wake up from his nap. Rather than paying attention like the rest of the class, he was sound asleep without a care in the world.

“how nice…wish I can slack off like that too and still pass the class” thought Yunho

Half way through the lectures Yunho was starting to get tire. He yawned before turning his head toward the guy who was napping. He notice the other guy started to stir in his sleep before lifting his head from his arm. Yunho continued to watch as the other guy stretch out his arm before yawning. He reached for his hood and removed it from his head completely revealing his soft locks of  brown hair. Yunho’s eyes widen in complete shock, even the pencil he was holding slipped out of his hand and hit the desk but that didn’t bother him. Yunho couldn’t tear his eyes away from the other man.

The smooth milky white skin was glowing brightly under the sunlight, those full pink lips looked so kissable and not to mention those big dolls like eyes. Just as Yunho was screaming inside to have the guy turn toward him, the guy actually turns toward him as they locked eyes. At this moment Yunho felt his heart skipped a beat. The sound of his heart was far louder than the voice of his instructor speaking through a mic. This person looked so beautiful almost like an angel have descended upon him from above. Yunho started to wonder rather he made a mistake by assuming this person was a guy? Could a guy possess such beauty? There are a lot of guys out there who care for fashion and looks but none could actually look this alluring. It was the other guy who broke the gaze as he turns his attention to the front but looked uninterested in the lecture. Yunho reached over and grab onto the person sitting next to him before starting to shake him endlessly

“Who…who is that?!” he asked in a whispery voice but loud enough for those around him to hear

The guy sitting next to Yunho only raised his eyebrow before looking to where Yunho is pointing

“Ah that…that’s Kim jaejoong…you don’t know him?” the guy asked almost in disbelief

“This class is so huge…do you think I’ll know everyone here…not to mention I was blind until recently…”

“Well he is well known…you should at least hear about him….he is the beautiful law student…”

Yunho look at the guy strangely “beautiful law student?”

“Yea…he is majoring in law…a very smart man but…has a horrible personality….he is cold and hard to approach…he doesn’t talk to anyone and kept to himself but his looks made him famous…not to mention the fact that he comes from a family consist of lawyers…his father is a well-known lawyer who has represented top officials and political leaders…even his older brother and sisters are high paying lawyers…I heard that none of them has ever lost a case”

“Geez talk about family with high expectation…” spoke Yunho

“I know what you mean…the fact that he doesn’t even need to pay attention in class and still ends up at the top pisst me off…”

Yunho of course ignored the guy’s remarks while keeping his gaze at jaejoong. When class ended, Yunho started to gather his stuff into his back pack as quick as he could. Usually he will carefully put things away in the rightful place but not this time. He didn’t care rather it’s a pencil, eraser or notebook. He completely tossed everything into the large portion of the back pack. He got done in time to see the man name Kim jaejoong exited the classroom. He couldn’t’ figure out why but something deep inside him is urging him to follow jaejoong to get involve with him. He quickly squeeze pass a few students hoping to catch up to the beautiful man.

“Jaejoong shhi….jaejoong shhii…” Yunho called out to him but he didn’t make any attempt to stop or turn around upon the mention of his name. Jaejoong only continues to walk forward giving little attention to the people around him. As Yunho walk behind him, he could see the many stares and hear the many whispers from the other students as jaejoong walk pass. In fact it almost looked like a force field surrounding jaejoong as people make way for him. Even in the crowded hallway, not a single shoulder touched him. Yunho can’t help but think that Jaejoong gives of a feeling of lonesomeness.

“Jaejoong…” Yunho called once more when suddenly his eye started to hurt. It forced him to stop walking as he closed his eyes hoping the pain will go away. Ever since the surgery Yunho found himself feeling pain in his eyes every now and then. When he opens his eyes an image flashed before his eyes. It was a blonde hair man standing in front of him smiling the brightest and most beautiful smile he had ever laid eyes on. His blonde hair shines beautifully under the sunlight.

Yunho could see his full pink lips moves but he couldn’t hear a word. In a blink of an eye, the beautiful blonde hair man disappeared from sight as jaejoong had gone further before disappearing into the crowds.

“Are you okay?” a female student asked Yunho upon seeing him leaning on the wall with an expression of pain and shock.

Upon her voice, Yunho snapped back into reality. People were looking at him strangely with worry in their eyes. The pain he was feeling had subsided as he only smile nervously before leaving completely forgetting the fact that he was chasing after jaejoong. Once he is far enough from the scene, he let out a heavy sigh. Ever since the corneal Transplant he went through a year ago, he had begun to see strange images of a blonde hair man. There were times where Yunho would turn around and see the blonde hair man and then he will disappear as if Yunho was seeing a ghostly aspiration. He had brought this up to the doctor the first few times it happened but there wasn’t any explanation for it. According to the doctor, the donor was a guy and also around Yunho’s age and has passed away from an accident. After experiencing this for a few times, Yunho had come up with a theory that maybe…just maybe this blonde guy was the donor who passed away. Maybe he isn’t resting in peace because he wanted to make sure Yunho is making good use of his cornea. But this theory was thrown out the door because it sounded ridiculous. Even though the doctor stated it is only temporary, it had already been a year and there isn’t any sign of it going away. He wouldn’t mind seeing such a beautiful illusion however the pain in his eyes was unbearable. It felted like someone had pokes his eyes with something sharp.

Suddenly Yunho’s cell phone ringed startling him. He felt like his heart was about to jump out of his chest before reaching for his cell phone and turn it on.

“Yunho…are you done with your class?” Changmin asked

“Yea…I just got done…what’s up?”

“Are you free later?”

Yunho didn’t respond feeling like if he says ‘yes’ he will be dragged into something troublesome. Considering that tomorrow is Saturday, they might be planning to do something crazy.

“Sorry…I have other plans” he lied just wanting to go home and relax

“Can’t you cancel that plan? Me and the others are going out to karaoke with some hot girls…we need another guy to pair up…so please…please come!” changmin plead

Yunho knew it was something troublesome but considering the fact that changmin has helped him so much in the past, he couldn’t say no “alright fine…where and what time?”

As day became night, Yunho got ready for the group date. He made sure to take a nice hot shower to remove any sweats on his body. With nothing but a towel around his waist he exited the bathroom as steams from the hot water escaped into the hallway. He walked toward the mirror and look at himself from side to side wondering how he should do his hair and what to wear.

To be able to see himself and dress himself of his choosing was something he had missed when he was blinded. Yunho slip on a nice dress shirt with a comfortable thin jacket that corresponded well with the dress shirt. He slips on a pair of faded blue jean and the new casual shoe he just bought the other day. After doing his hair he checked himself on the mirror to see if there was anything that stands out or if he had forgotten anything. Once everything has been checked out, Yunho smiled before grabbing his keys. Just as he was heading out the door, his phone ringed as a sign that his ride has arrived.

Yunho exited the apartment building to where a silver car was waiting for him outside. A familiar guy from the passenger side waved at Yunho with excited smile on his face while changmin is on the driver’s side. Yunho greeted them before joining a few other guys at the back of the car. Changmin pulled away from the curve as they drove down the street to the karaoke place where they are supposed to meet up with the women.

Everyone was paired up as they started the night of fun. There were so much laughter, so much drinking and so much fun that no one wanted to go back home. To Yunho’s surprise the woman he was paired with shared similar taste as him. She looked beautiful with her long silky brown hair, white skin, full pink lip and doll up eyes. The way she looks at him and clings to him meant she has interest in him but Yunho wasn’t feeling it. However he still acts his part in order to not make her feel uncomfortable or embarrass. Compare to the other rooms, theirs were the loudest. Even out in the hallway, the employees and other customers could hear them shouting and laughing.

Yunho was having a conversation with other people in the room when the woman he had been paired with wrapped her arms around his and even pressing her big up against him. The way she looks at him meant she wanted to leave and have some personal time alone.

“I…have to go use to restroom” Yunho spoke as kind as he could before getting up and exit the room feeling a sense of relief. Compare to the others, this wasn’t Yunho’s kind of scene. To have such a persistence woman as his partner was making him frustrated. Rather than heading to the bathroom, Yunho wondered down the hall way. He was deep in thoughts wanting to go home and not going back into that room that now smell like alcohol. Just then he passed a pair of glass door that leads to a small courtyard.

It was perfectly fenced with a few out door tables and chairs. There were flowers planted along with other kind of plants beautifully decorating the courtyard. Even the little lights outside made it look like an ideal scene for a romantic dinner or proposal. Yunho pressed on the door handle and notice it wasn’t lock in other words, he is free to enter. Upon the cool night breeze against his face made him feel good. The heat he was feeling from drinking faded as the breath of fresh air relaxed his body. He ventured further into the courtyard following the stone pathway and notice it was empty which is a huge plus. He lifted his gaze to the darken sky above and notice the millions of twinkling stars and the moon that hovers above him. To be able to see such a scene again was a blessing. Even after a year Yunho still finds it hard to believe that he is able to see and that those days of darkness is nothing more than a nightmare that has ended. Memories of his past…his struggles…the challenges he was forced to face flashed before his eyes. A cool night breeze blew pass as he spotted a shooting star flew across the sky as his eyes widen in shock. The last time he saw one was probably when he was 10 years old.

“Should I make a wish?” Yunho wonder to himself with a smile before thinking it sound childish. Being an adult making a wish upon a shooting star seems unreal.

After having a few more minutes to clear his mind Yunho decided it’s best to return to the party before the party come searching for him. He sighs not wanting to put up with his partner but it wasn’t like he could bail out on his friend either. He reached for the door and tried to open it only to realize it is locked. He kept tugging on it but both doors refuse to budge.

“You have got to be kidding me?” thought Yunho as he looks into the hall way to see if he could spot anyone who could open the door for him. He looked both ways but saw no one. He knocks on the door and shouted to get someone’s attention but no one could hear him. To make matter worst he had left his cell phone back in the room.

“Hello!! Anyone there!!!” he shouted over and over again “this really isn’t my night…I shouldn’t have come here…I should have just decline the invitation and stay home”

He lean his head against the door wondering what he should do or how long he will be locked outside until someone sees him. Just then the door opened as it hit him on the forehead sending him back a few steps. He felt his forehead throbbing from the sudden impact before lifting his gaze to see who had opened the door. To Yunho’s surprise it was none other than the beautiful law student Kim Jaejoong. Without the big sweater he was wearing in class, jaejoong looked slender and yet still have the curve of some muscles on his body. He wore a casual long sleeve cardigan with a white t-shirt that has a wide neck revealing his collar bone. A pair of black ripped jean accompanies the shirt with black ankle boots. Jaejoong stood just a few inches shorter then him with a full head of brown hair that even shines at night. His doll like eyes was looking at Yunho strangely with caution. This reminded him of a black cat being caution of people. Upon this though, a chuckle escaped his lip as jaejoong glared at him.

It wasn’t until Yunho heard the voice of the woman he was paired with in the hallway did he acted unconsciously. He grabbed onto jaejoong and pulled him into the courtyard before closing the door. He pushed jaejoong up against the wall as he too stood against the wall and away from the glass door so she doesn’t see him. The female voice got louder and louder as she got closer and closer until it faded toward the other end of the hall way. Yunho let out a sign of relief before realizing his hand is right on jaejoong’s chest pinning him against the wall.

“S-sorry” he apologized before removing his hand awkwardly

Jaejoong didn’t say a word nor did he get angry at Yunho for touching him. Instead he only fixed his shirt before walking further into the court yard, pulled a chair and sat down without a single word. He took out a cigarette and lights it suspiring Yunho that the smart law student is actually a smoker. Jaejoong acted as if Yunho wasn’t even there before putting a white headphone over his head and turn on his music. It was like he was in a world of his own smiling while listening to music and enjoying a good cigarette. To others this scene might not be anything interesting but to Yunho, he found this scene to be quite beautiful…a scene of freedom and carefree. Now that he thinks about it, the features on jaejoong are very similar to the images of the blonde hair man he has been seeing. They both are beautiful, have snow like skin, doll eyes, full pink lips…stood about the same height and even have similar nose bridge. The only difference is the hair color and not to mention the personality. The blonde man seems to give off a kind and gentle personality full of smiles and cheers. But so far jaejoong seem like a darker character who kept to himself and rarely smile or talk to anyone.

Yunho debated rather he should approach jaejoong or leave him alone. After a few minutes, he figure he should just leave since it looked like jaejoong wanted to be alone. He reached for the door and tried to open it only to find it lock again.

“The door is locked from the inside….you won’t be able to open it from the outside” a deep and yet soft voice echoed into Yunho’s ear as he turn around to face jaejoong who was still listening to music and wasn’t even looking at him. There wasn’t any movement from jaejoong as Yunho begin to wonder who just spoke.

“Did…you say something?” Yunho asked feeling a bit stupid for asking such a question

Jaejoong didn’t respond as Yunho scratched his head in confusion. He reached for the door and tried to open it again as the sound of the door handles continues to make sounds echoing into the night.

“Yah! I said the door is lock from the inside” Jaejoong snapped startling Yunho for the sound of the door handle was ruining the sound of music that was booming in his ear.

“I…I see…” was yunho’s only response

“If you hadn’t pulled me outside we both wouldn’t be stuck out here” said jaejoong softly with a hint of irritation before sticking the cigarette back between his pink lips.

Yunho of course could clearly hear him and felted like it was his fault for getting jaejoong stuck outside with him. He peeked through the glass door and didn’t see anyone before walking over to jaejoong and pulled a chair. He sat down and only stared at jaejoong. Feeling the intense stare from Yunho, jaejoong finally removed his headphone and turn to face him.

“Can I help you?”

“You are Kim jaejoong right?” Yunho asked in a friendly tone of voice “You have the same lecture class as me” he smiled widely

Jaejoong didn’t say a word but only stare at Yunho as if to determine what his motive is for speaking to him. Usually when people approach him there is always a hidden motive rather it was due to his family background, his school work or even his look.

“Don’t look at me as if I’m after something…since we both are stuck outside…I figure we just keep each other company that’s all…” said Yunho with a friendly smile

Once again jaejoong didn’t say a word as Yunho continues “are you also here with your friends? Do you also do karaoke? You don’t look like the type of people who will come do these things…to be honest you looked like the type who will stay in the library all day and study...but then again I’m not into these kind of things either…”

“That’s hard to believe…if anything…you looked like the type who loves to party…drink…and go out to these kind of gathering” jaejoong finally spoke

Yunho chuckled “yea…you are right…I do look like those type but I don’t really come out to these kind of group gathering…however when my best friend begged me…I can’t just say no to him”

“That only means you are a good person and care a lot about your friend….”

This took Yunho by surprise, for someone who doesn’t speak much…someone who is said to be cold and hard to approach, he sure does give out compliment easily. He is even talking to Yunho normally without using any irritated or annoys tone of voice.

This caused Yunho to smile “Thank you…”

Jaejoong once again went quiet as those full pink lips became glue together. Yunho wanted to get to know jaejoong more, hear him speak more and even want to become his friend. But what is the right approach to get jaejoong to talk more and become comfortable with Yunho? He watched as jaejoong lifted his gaze to the sky and immediately Yunho is reminded of the blonde man. There was too much similarity that it was kind of scary.

“Do you…have a twin brother?” Yunho asked unconsciously

Jaejoong turn to face him before raising one of his perfectly shaped eyebrows “I don’t…”

“Are you sure? You look like someone I had seen before? Everything from your eyebrow, big brown eyes…perfect nose bridge…pink lip down to your perfect jaw line matched his…”

Jaejoong’s lip curved into a grin surprising Yunho “is that your corny pickup lines? Are you trying to hit on me?”

Yunho blushed in embarrassment as he apologized “that…that wasn’t my intention!…s-sorry if it came out like I was trying to hit on you…because I will never hit on you…wait…it’s not like I am saying you are ugly or anything…because you are very beautiful…more beautiful than any girls I had ever seen…it’s just that you are a guy…I’m a guy…and it’s not right for two guys to hit on each other….” Yunho continue to talk nervously without even thinking of what he is saying. Everything was just coming out of his mouth until he closed his lips and apologized one last time feeling like he had made fool out of himself.

Yunho became quiet as an awkward silence filled the air. He mentally scolded himself as jaejoong watched him. A soft chuckled echoed in the air that sounded like sweetness to Yunho’s ear.

“You…are a strange one…I was just kidding so don’t think too much about it” spoke jaejoong as he smiled. Yunho felt his heart skip a beat upon such an angelic smile. Even jaejoong’s smile looked exactly like the blonde hair beauty.

“You must be Jung Yunho am I correct?” spoke jaejoong

“Y-yea…how did you know?”

“There is only one blind student in the class…”

Yunho’s lip curved into a big ‘O’

“How is it? Although you are probably tire of being asked this question…”

Yunho only smiled “It feels good…being in a world full of darkness….to see only pitch black no matter where you turn was horrible…to be able to see colors…see object…see and know where you are is a great feeling…it’s hard to describe but it’s something I don’t want to take for granted again…it makes me appreciate the things I could see and the thing I could do…”

“Was it scary changing from a world of black into a world of light?”

Yunho paused because no one had asked him this question yet “a bit…but not anymore…”

Jaejoong flashed Yunho another angelic smile “that’s good…”

Just then the door open as the employee noticed them sitting by the table “What are you two doing? You aren’t supposed to be out here” he spoke

Yunho watched as jaejoong stood up and started to walk away. He wanted to go after jaejoong, he wanted to hear more of that soft chuckle…see more of that angel like smile and hear that soft husky voice.

“Sir...you have to leave” the employee spoke snapping Yunho out of his thoughts.

He only nodded his head before leaving the courtyard. As he stepped into the hallway, jaejoong had already turned the corner and disappear from sight. The room his friends are in opposite the direction jaejoong went meaning he won’t be able to follow him. Even if he did, it would be come out as weird and uncomfortable.

Yunho returned to the private karaoke room where his friends are still partying hard and loud. He stood outside the door and look through the little window into the room and see them having endless fun and acting silly. Even the girl he was paired with is sitting on the chair waiting for him to return. The look on her face clearly says that she has been rejected and frustrated. Yunho’s mind wondered back to the conversation at the courtyard as his lip curved into a smile. Right there and then he had decided to approach jaejoong and become friends with him. He wanted to have more conversation with this beautiful man and hopefully get to know him better.

“Yunho where have you been?” his friend asked Yunho when he opens the door

“Sorry…I had a stomach ache” he apologizes before entering the room.

Jaejoong had also returned to his private karaoke room. He removed his cardigan and tosses it aside as part of a tattoo could be seen on his upper back peeking out of his t-shirt. He stood in the empty room while staring at the mic sitting on the table. An image of a young man flashed before his eyes

as the expression on his face change to bitterness.

 

____________________________________

Finally I got done with the first chapter! I won't be able to post up the second chapter for a while due to my grandfather's passing....please let me know what you think in the comments :) upvote and subscribe!!! thank you