Chapter 12

Beautiful Eyes

First of all I apologize for the style of the font for this chapter being different. Something weird was happening with some texts being in a different font style even though they are the same in the original doc file. I don't know why it's doing this when I copy and past onto here to please ignore the front different. Secondly, I plan to make this a 20 chapter story. If it dragged on longer then it might be more then 20...Third, upvote and subscribe if you like :)

________________________________________________________________

                                                          

Dark clouds started to gather in the sky covering the bright blue sky that everyone loved. The warm sunlight disappears as a large blanket of shadows covered the entire city. The breeze has gotten colder as the temperature dropped. This was a clear sign that everyone is about to face a possible rain storm later in the day. Yunho had gotten up extra early, about an hour earlier then his usual wake up time for school. He quickly took a shower, ate breakfast and gotten dressed. He rushed back and forth between the living room and his bedroom gathering the necessary items for the classes he have today. He was about to leave before forgetting about his book on the coffee table. He turn around and walked back to get the book. At this moment his eyes laid upon the little blue box that is also sitting on the table. Yunho stare at it and reached for the blue box. Ever since changmin left it in his care this weekend, he found himself developing the urge to open it. But every time he was going to open it, he remembers what changmin had said to him.

“Whatever decision you make…is now up to you…I won’t interfere anymore then this…but be prepare if you wish to open that box”

Even though Yunho wasn’t sure what changmin meant, he knows for a fact that whatever is inside will forever change his life. At the thought of things right now changing scares him. His life now probably isn’t perfect but he won’t be able to take it if this object inside shift jaejoong’s focus from him. Yunho’s gaze went from the box to the clock hanging on the wall as he realizes he is late. He quickly sat the box back down and headed toward the door and slip on his shoe before exiting. Waiting for him at the front of his apartment complex is a yellow taxi. He got in and directed the driver where to go with a bright smile on his face.

Yunho look up at the sky from the window and frown because the sky has become so dark that it’s scary. The driver could see him looking at the sky as he spoke

“I heard it’s going to be a big storm” the driver spoke

“Yea…I heard that too…”

“it’s kind of strange to be having such a rain storm at this time of the year…usually we will get nothing but sun and warmth…”

“That’s true…it could be that Mother Nature is making a shift”

The driver chuckled “you make it sound so scary…”

They talked for a bit more until the taxi pulled to a stop in front of Jaejoong’s house. They were in time to see jaejoong walking from the front door and toward the front gate. Yunho asked the driver to wait as he exited to greet the beautiful man.

“Jaejoong ah” Yunho waved at him with a smile

Upon his name jaejoong lifted his gaze and was surprise to see Yunho standing there “what are you doing here?”

“I figure you might need a lift to school…you won’t be able to walk much with the sprain ankle” said Yunho as he took jaejoong’s backpack

“You don’t need to go this far Yunho…I’m fine…”

“Yes but…it’s going to rain…you won’t be able to make it in crutches…”

Jaejoong look at Yunho and then to the sky.

“Come on…let’s go...” said Yunho as he gently helps jaejoong into the taxi before instructing the driver where to go next.

“How is your ankle?” Yunho asked with concern as he kept his gaze at jaejoong’s feet

“It’s okay…it’s not as painful as before…”

“How did your family react to it? Were they mad at you? if so I can come over and explain to them that it was my fault”

“They were surprise and wanted to sue that place...”

“s-sue? I totally forgot that your whole family is made of lawyers…but it was my fault…we were at a place that we weren’t supposed to even be at…”

“That’s what I told them too…they were making a big deal about it but I didn’t care…”

“how...about your dad?”

Jaejoong paused a bit before speaking “he is the same as usual…calling me useless and careless….he was angry that I went to the trip and not stay home to study…he seem to care more about my lack of study rather than my injured ankle but that’s just how he is so it’s fine…”

Yunho can’t help but feel guilty. Jaejoong took notice of his strange quietness and the way he lower his gaze in guilt.

“I have no regret Yunho…I don’t regret going to that sunflower field…it was through that experience that I was able to take another step forward…beside…it was the first time I had so much fun after a whole year…and I have you to thank for…”

Yunho’s guilt soon turns into shyness feeling like he didn’t really do anything that great. Jaejoong is giving him too much credit when all Yunho did was carrying him around and gives him some advice. Jaejoong was trying to move his leg but his backpack on the floor was restricting his movement. Yunho took notice and quickly bends down and move the backpack before gently helping jaejoong adjust his leg position careful of it not hitting anything. Jaejoong can’t help but be touch by Yunho’s kindness.

“You are a good man Yunho…you seem to take care of others well...you are the type of man who will be very popular with the ladies….you must get confession left and right” grin jaejoong

“Compare to you…my popularity isn’t anything to brag about...” Yunho smiled

Even though jaejoong usually isn’t interested in other people’s love affair, he can’t be help but get carious about Yunho’s love life.

“Do you have a girlfriend Yunho?” Jaejoong asked suspiring Yunho

“I…don’t….”

“eehhh…are you sure? You don’t look like the type who will be single…”

“I did have a girlfriend but we broke up last year…”

“Why did you broke up?” jaejoong asked

Yunho look at jaejoong feeling like he didn’t want to talk about it but considering how jaejoong was open to him about his past love, Yunho felt it isn’t fair to keep his from him.

“She…wasn’t meant to be mine I guess…she confessed to me and I foolishly accepted her confession. We were together for almost a year. Even though I couldn’t see…I was happy that there was someone out there who could accept that part of me…but I guess my eyes wasn’t the only thing that was blinded as my heart and mind was also blinded by love….at the end…she broke up with me right before I had my transplant…it seem like she was cheating on me with a friend of mine…”

Jaejoong felt like an idiot, he cursed to himself for asking such a question “sorry Yunho…I shouldn’t have asked”

Yunho smiled at jaejoong “it’s okay…I don’t hate her for doing that to me…in fact…even now I would still be her friend if she wanted to…if she comes crying to me…I will still give her a friendly comfort….At that time I was just glade that she was able to find what she is looking for…able to get what I wasn’t able to provide her because of my blindness…I hold no grudge against her choice…”

“And your friend who stole your girl?”

“I don’t hate him either…”

Jaejoong sigh “you are too kind…people like you are easily taken advantage of you know that…”

Yunho chuckled a bit “changmin told me that all the time…but its okay...”

“How do you stay so positive Yunho…”

“we only live once jaejoong ah…as to how long we will live is unknown…we could go the next day…in a year…in a few years or until we grow old and die…no matter how long we get to live in this world…we shouldn’t waste our time on hate and grudges…live every day with a smile…forgive and forget…”

As wise as those words were, jaejoong can’t help but see Yunho as a complete idiot. To think that Yunho is okay to be taken advantage of is irritating. But it is this personality of his that is making an impact on jaejoong. It was his way of thinking that is breaking through the wall that jaejoong had built after Geun suk passed. Yunho was still deep in thoughts when he felt jaejoong touched his head gently gaining his attention. He lifted his gaze to look at jaejoong and was taken aback by such an angelic and warm smile.

“No matter what happen…no matter what people say…never change Yunho…stays this way forever…in due time the person meant for you will appear and show you what real love should feel like…who ever this person is…will be the luckiest person”

Soon the taxi came to a stop in front of the college as Yunho grab both his back pack and jaejoong’s backpack before exiting. He quickly made his way to the other side of the car and opens the door before helping jaejoong out. He paid the taxi and thanked the driver before standing at jaejoong’s side again trying to help him.

“Yunho…I’m fine…I can handle walking on my own…” said jaejoong

“are you sure…?”

“yes…”

“just be careful not to hit your ankle…we don’t want it getting worst” said Yunho full of concern

Jaejoong only sigh feeling like Yunho worry way too much. At this moment he realize something, almost everyone is turning to stare at them. Even whispers could be heard coming from the other students. Base on the rumors about him, everyone must think that he have forced Yunho to help him.

“Yunho…”

“What?”

“give me my backpack...I can head to my classes alone…”

“why?”

Jaejoong isn’t sure if Yunho is slow or stupid for not sensing the tension in the air. There were some people who were looking at Yunho with jealousy. Jaejoong have gone through this even in high school when people get too close to him, it create trouble for them. The last thing jaejoong want is for trouble to find Yunho.

“Give me my back pack…I can carry it myself…you have class right? go to it…”

Yunho wasn’t sure what changed in jaejoong but he wasn’t going to just say okay and leave. Instead he kept jaejoong’s backpack and refuse to give it back

“give it Yunho” jaejoong asked once more

“no…you are in no position to carry it…”

“and you are in no position to hold on to it…”

“yes I am…it was my fault you fell down the hill jaejoong ah…it was my carelessness that you end up spraining your ankle when you were trying to help me…the least I could do is help you until your ankle heals…” Yunho spoke loudly as people around them could hear

“Keep your voice down Yunho” jaejoong asked

“Why? I really don’t know what has gotten into you…”

Jaejoong sigh “look around Yunho…this scene alone is questionable…”

“How so…?”

“Have you forgotten about the rumors about me?”

Yunho paused as he started to think before looking around and notice people turning to look at them and hear whispers. Now he finally understood why Jaejoong suddenly started to act up. It was because jaejoong is worry about him. This thought filled him with happiness as he smiled even wider at jaejoong who only look at him strangely

“Let’s give then something to really stare at…” he smile

“What do you mean?”

Yunho took the single crutch that jaejoong is using to support himself. Right in front of everyone, Yunho picks jaejoong up from the ground. This startled jaejoong as well as everyone else. For one thing Yunho was able to carry his own backpack, jaejoong’s backpack, the crutch and jaejoong. Even though Yunho looks weak, he is not weak at all.

“P-put me down!!” jaejoong snapped

“Shall we go princess…” smile Yunho

“p-p-p-princess?!”

After a few hours passed the rain started to fall heavily as the sound it makes echoed loudly no matter where you are. The sky has become darker as the wind got stronger. Yunho sat in the cafeteria enjoying his lunch with a few of his friends. Changmin was the last person to join them as he set his plate down and took a seat next to Yunho. He turns his gaze from a happy Yunho to jaejoong who sat across from them with his head hang low looking like he is being tormented by something very terrible.

“What is wrong with him?” changmin asked referring to the still shock expression on jaejoong’s face.

“you didn’t hear?” one the friend spoke trying to hold back his laughter “Yunho did something very daring this morning that it has become the talk of the entire campus..”

“What did he do?”

“He carried jaejoong in a bridal position around campus…” the friend spoke “to think that a day will come when the so call ice cold lawyer student will get carried and called a princess…it was very hilarious and surprising because Yunho wasn’t scare of him at all…no matter how many time jaejoong yelled at him, he only kept smiling…Even I didn’t realize that jaejoong could change the expression on his face…to see him blushed from embarrassment was refreshing….it made him looked normal…”

Changmin turn his attention back to jaejoong “if he isn’t normal…what was he?” he wondered before turning to Yunho as he try to imagine it. Suddenly a chuckle escaped his lip as jaejoong snapped his gaze toward him

“This isn’t funny…changmin ah” Jaejoong spoke “my pride…all of it…have been tarnish in just a few minutes of embarrassment…I am now a laughing stock…” he let out a long sigh

“It wasn’t that bad” spoke Yunho

“Wasn’t bad? Let me carry you like a girl and parade you throughout the campus and see if you like it”

“I did not parade you around campus”

“yes you did…I told you to let me down but you wouldn’t...you took me to my class and came to pick me up only to carry me around again…I swear you are doing this on purpose to just pisst me off”

“I was just trying to help…”

“Yunho…I am not a girl…I am a man…I can support myself…”

“But I was at fault…”

“For the last time it wasn’t your fault…”

“Helping you ease my consciousness...”

“Screw your consciousness…”

“Okay…okay…it was my fault…I’m sorry…I won’t do it anymore…so stop being angry…here…” Yunho pick up a piece of the delicious meat on his plate and held it to jaejoong who took a bite of it. The wonderful taste melted away his anger as he smiled

“You dare to carry me in that position again, I’ll make you regret it…” grin Jaejoong

“I’ll keep that in mind…” said Yunho before excusing himself to go use the bathroom

“Rather than angry…you should thank Yunho” said changmin after Yunho disappear from sight

“Why?”

“Because he pulled that move that people’s view of you have started to change…”

Jaejoong paused as he looks around and see how their friends were comfortable sitting next to him chatting and laughing as if he is part of their group. People who usually stand clear of him and couldn’t as much as touch his shoulder is now touching his shoulder. They were even smiling at him and asking question trying to get him into the conversation. Even the other people in the cafeteria have become comfortable with him around.

“Yunho have broken your wall of ice jaejoong ah…consider yourself melted as people started to see your true self and come to understand that maybe you aren’t as cold hearted as you make yourself seem…little by little…you have begun to return to who you once were…for that…I am grateful…” smile changmin

Jaejoong couldn’t say anything as he placed his elbow on the table and lean his head against it before grabbing his food and eating it. He thought back to those times he had spent with Yunho and recall those times that Yunho had helped him. His lip curved into a gentle smile

“I’m grateful as well…if I haven’t run into Yunho…I might still have my wall of ice…in fact I probably won’t be able to break away from my feelings that have been swallowing me up…I just hope that guy will always smile and be happy…”

Changmin look at jaejoong a bit before eating his sandwich “if the person he desires returns his love in full…that will make him very happy…”

“Huh? There is someone Yunho like?” jaejoong asked

“If you want to know you should ask him…although I don’t think he will tell you”

Jaejoong pouted a bit jealous that Yunho will tell changmin and not him regardless the fact that he had only known Yunho for a few weeks.

“neh jaejoong…” changmin spoke “what do you plan to do?”

“What do you mean?” jaejoong asked as he ate his food

“Are you really going to be a lawyer like your family wanted you to? To be honest I can’t see you arguing in a court room and get coop up in an office doing extensive research…”

Jaejoong paused for a bit before putting the spoon full of food into his mouth. He chew it and swallow it before answering changmin “I made a bet with Yunho during our trip to the sunflower field…” he spoke before taking another bite from his food “as he was carrying me up the hill, it looked like he was struggling…I thought it would be fun to a bit saying that if he made it up the hill top carrying me on his back then I won’t give up on music…”

This took changmin by surprise as jaejoong continue “Yunho surprised me when we reached the top of the hill…I was still in shock when he smiled at me saying I have to stick to my words…”

“What are you trying to say?”

Jaejoong paused once again as he recalled that day. He smiled “I’m not going to give up on music…I’m going to try and pursue it once more…”

“Is it for your sake or Yunho’s sake?”

“To be honest it will mostly be for Yunho’s sake…I was ready to give up…will…that is what I keep saying and what I keep telling people but in truth...I haven’t really give it up…the reason I stop was because Geun suk was no longer at my side so I was afraid to stand on the stage alone without him giving me a pack on the back or hug me after the performance…I didn’t want to face that reality….even holding onto a mic was nerve reckoning…but…Yunho kept telling me not to quit…he kept telling to keep singing…telling me that he will be my friend…he will be my support…he will be there for me when I needed him…strangely enough I believe him…the fear I have disappear and it made me think that even without Geun suk…everything will be okay…”

Changmin didn’t say anything as he kept thinking about the possible outcome when the truth is known by Jaejoong and Yunho.

“Yunho is a good person…with a big heart…has a kind nature…he looks after others more than himself…he is slow…sometime stupid…easy to take advantage of…apologize for the littlest things…but all in all…he is someone you can never replace…he comes into your life unexpectedly and imprinted himself into your life that you will always remember him…” jaejoong lifted his gaze and look at Changmin “I can see why you are so fond of Yunho…even I have grown a bit attached to him without realizing it…”

“In other words…you don’t want to disappoint him…”

“he say he love my voice…he wants me to keep singing…he want to hear more…so…I’m going to give that to him…rather I am ready to stand on the stage again or not is unclear but…I am confident that as long as I look at Yunho…I will feel at ease…”

“Jaejoong ah…you…aren’t seeing Yunho as replacement for Geun suk are you? If so that will be very cruel of you…I will hate you if you do use Yunho to fill Geun Suk’s place”

“I’m not that cruel changmin ah…Yunho is Yunho…Geun suk is Geun suk…even though are they kind of similar to each other…they are two different person…I will never replace one with the other to ease my mind…that will be selfish of me and unfair to them…Geun Suk helped me started my life...help me discover my passion…”

“And Yunho?”

Jaejoong smiled “Yunho will be the new light that will help me rediscover myself…help me reach my dreams…”

“Geun suk is the beginning and Yunho will be the end…”

“Rather to the end of my college year…end to my career choice…or end of my life…I hope he will continue to be there with me as well as you and Junsu…”

“Hmm…I don’t know about that…being with you just for a day is very exhausting…” grin changmin

Jaejoong kicks changmin’s leg from under the table causing him to groan in pain. Suddenly lightning strikes across the sky as the sound of thunder could be heard gaining the attention of everyone in the cafeteria.

“It’s really pouring outside…” a girl at their table spoke with worry wondering if she will be able to go home later as the others also wonders the same thing. Jaejoong on the other hand couldn’t understand why but a feeling of uneasiness was starting to appear from deep inside. He couldn’t tear his eyes away from the storm outside.

Yunho had just gotten done doing his business before approaching the sink and turn on the water to wash his hand. He was humming to himself happily before lifting his gaze to look at himself in the mirror. Yunho thought back to him carrying jaejoong around calling him princess. The expression on jaejoong’s face was cute with his face flushed red and him trying to hide his face by burying it against Yunho’s chest so others can’t see him. He couldn’t help but chuckled a bit. It wasn’t like he was trying to embarrass jaejoong it’s just that he couldn’t stop himself. He wanted to see more of that embarrass but cute side of jaejoong. Maybe he did go a bit too far but at the end he got to be close to jaejoong filling his heart with joy.

Yunho turn off the water and turn to leave. He made sure to apologize to jaejoong properly when he returns. Just then lightening could be seen from the little window in the men’s bathroom as the sound of rain seems to echo loudly into Yunho’s ear as if he was standing outside. Even the roar of the thunder resonated into his body. He felt this overwhelming feeling of suffocation emerging as his body started to tremble. At the flash of a second lightening, Yunho’s vision completely blurred as he couldn’t see anything. The pain was more intense that he completely fell to his knee while holding onto the sink. It was so painful that it traveled throughout his body. Just like outside the images he saw was also a dark raining day. The image changed to a young man standing in front of a large glass window from a department store.

In his hand is a large bouquet of flowers. This person have neck length hair, big brown eyes, slender body and very handsome with his own kind of beauty. The images quickly changed once again with him staring at the dark raining sky as redness covered his vision. The redness was bright almost like blood. It looks like he is lying on the floor looking up. A dark figure could be seen looming over him but Yunho couldn’t see who it is.

Meanwhile the others were still sitting in the cafeteria while a few of the friends have left for classes.

"What is taking Yunho so long?" jaejoong asked noticing Yunho's food had started to get cold

"Maybe he is taking a hard " spoke changmin

"I see you still like to talk about ting while eating..."

"It never bothers me..."

"Its gross changmin ah...the topic of taking a should never be brought up while eating..."

"What’s so bad about it?"

Jaejoong sigh "never mind...you didn't understand back then, you wouldn’t understand now..." he turns his attention to the door of the cafeteria with worry wondering is something had happen.

Two people also entered the bathroom talking before they took notice of Yunho. They took note of the bright redness of his eyes and the painful groans. They quickly rushed to his aid

“Are you okay?!” one of them asked as he quickly bends toward Yunho who couldn’t respond.

It felted like his eyes was on fire as those dark images continue to replay over and over again causing Yunho to cover his eyes and groan in pain.

“Get help!” he spoke to his friend in a panic

His friend took out his phone and called for help. Jaejoong and the others were still at their table talking when they notice a few students rushing pass them. Carious as to what is going on, jaejoong asked one of the students who return from the hall way looking very distraught.

“What is going on?” he asked her

“A guy in the men’s bathroom is in a lot of pain…he seems to be groaning a lot and kept saying that his eyes are on fire… ” she spoke

Upon the word bathroom, a guy and eyes on fire, changmin immediately stood up and took off running. Jaejoong also stood up and grab his crutches before heading down the same direction as changmin did. When they got there the hallway was already crowded with other students sharing the same worrisome expression.

“Move!” changmin shouted as he pushed through to get to the men’s bathroom.

Jaejoong also did the same thing as he felt his heart racing with worry and fear. Every step he took, he felt his heart become heavy. When changmin and Jaejoong finally made it into the bathroom, paramedic was already there blocking their view.  Once the paramedics step aside, changmin and jaejoong's eyes widen in shock. Sitting on the floor hunched over is Yunho. Jaejoong couldn't believe what he is seeing as he dropped his crutches. Upon the sound of it hitting the floor Yunho lifted his gaze.

"Jaejoong?" he spoke having this strong feeling that the man he have come to love is standing in the same room as him. Wrapped around Yunho's head is a long white bandage that have covered both of his eyes completely ing him back into darkness.