Chapter 3

Beautiful Eyes

If you like please comment on what you think. Upvote and subscrip if you like this story so I'll know if I'm doing a good job or a terrible job. I want to see if this story will get at least 50 upvote...:)

____________________________________________________________

“Jaejoong over here!” a loud voice echoed throughout the little café as jaejoong enters with his hood pulled over his head covering his face in shadows. He turns toward his left where the voice came from and spotted another young man neatly dressed with light blue hair waving at him. The café was located just a few blocks from the university hidden behind two rather large business building and there weren’t that many customers either as many tables were empty.

“You need to stop calling me” spoke Jaejoong as he took a seat across from the other man

“If you wanted to disappear you should have changed your number so I or anyone else couldn’t contact you….” the young man spoke with a smile as jaejoong didn’t say anything in return “you mind pulling that hood down, I can’t see that beautiful face”

Jaejoong was hesitant but none the less pulled down his hood to reveal his locks of brown hair. The other man made a surprise and shocked expression

“What do you want Junsu…?”

“I guess not only did your personality change but also your appearance…I just wanted to check up on an old friend that’s all….but considering how hard I have to try to get you to answer probably mean you no longer see me as a friend or even want to meet me”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything as junsu dropped his smile and sigh “you know…it’s been a year…”

“If this is what you wanted to talk to me about then forget it…I don’t need to hear this from you” jaejoong stood up as Junsu reached over and quickly grabbed onto his hand

“Please jaejoong…at least hear me out…”

Upon the desperate look on Junsu’s face, Jaejoong let out a heavy sigh before sitting back down

“We…need you…” he pleads

Yunho exited the front door of the hospital where he had his surgery with a disappointed look on his face. He was hoping for some kind of answers but what he got wasn’t any help at all.

*Flash Back*

“We have ran all the tests we could and there isn’t anything abnormal” the doctor spoke as he flips through the pages

“Are you sure? Because I’m still seeing images and my eyes hurts every now and then but recently it has been happening more often….you told me before that it’s only temporary but it’s been a year”

The doctor looks as puzzle as Yunho is as he messaged his chin “To be honest with you…this is the first time anything like this has happen….I have been performing corneal transplant for over 20 years and this is the first case of a patient seeing images that doesn’t relates to him or her…all the results came back as negative and your cornea is working perfectly…I really don’t know what could be affecting it…I wish I have the answer but sadly I don’t…I will have to do more research on this matter….if I find anything…I’ll let you know”

*End of flash back*

Yunho let out a sigh before walking down the street wondering what he is going to do. In his hand is a prescribed pain medication to ease the aching of his eyes when it does occur but this is only a temporary solution. If this matter doesn’t get resolve soon, Yunho felt like he is going to lose his mind over seeing this beautiful blonde man that has hunt his line of vision. Every time he sees these images it makes his heart race, it makes his body heats up in a way he had never felt before. This feeling he doesn’t like it, every time he gets it, it makes him uncomfortable and nervous as if he is expecting something to happen. At this moment he came to a realization that he had just left abruptly in the middle of listening to music with jaejoong. He was going to apologize and make up with him but at the end he just left. Jaejoong must have been confused and become upset with his strange behavior. He mentally beat himself up for being such an idiot but he felt like if he stays there any longer he won’t be able to control his emotion. The fact that jaejoong look so much like the blonde man wasn’t helping but only added oil to his fire.

“Now I have to really apologize to him tomorrow” he sighs

Yunho started to walk toward the bus stop and had only stood there for a few minutes before spotting jaejoong from across the street. From the look of it, jaejoong is walking fast with an irritated expression while another man chasing him. It looks like they were arguing because jaejoong was angry and so is the other guy. Yunho watched as the shorter guy grab onto jaejoong’s arm tightly forcing him to turn around. Feeling like something isn’t right; Yunho quickly crossed the street ignoring all the honks he gets from the cars.

“Yah! Let him go!” Yunho shouted as he hopped the iron railing and grab onto the other guy’s hand before yanking it away from jaejoong “Never forcefully grab someone’s arm like that no matter if it’s a woman or a male…that kind of hostility will get you arrested…I advise you to leave him alone…” he spoke without any fear

The shorted guy name Junsu only looked at him in complete shock unsure who Yunho is and why a total stranger will get involve in their business.

“Look here…this has nothing to do with you…this is between me and my friend” Junsu snapped back

Yunho blink once at junsu in confusion before turning to Jaejoong “he…is your friend?”

Jaejoong only nodded his head “Where did you even came from?”

Yunho pointed across the street to the bus stop as multiple cars drove pass them. Jaejoong look at Yunho in amazement because not everyone is brave enough to cross such a busy street.

“You…aren’t even afraid that you might have gotten hit?” Jaejoong asked

“of course no…” before Yunho could finish his sentence a few more cars drove pass them making those fast sound that made his heart jumped. Did he really just across that street where there were so many cars zooming pass? He wanted to help jaejoong that he wasn’t even thinking about his own safety. Upon seeing the terrify realization on Yunho’s face, jaejoong couldn’t help but smiled.

“You really do act before you think don’t you?”

Junsu on the other hand just stood there wondering who this new arrival is and why is Jaejoong smiling again. Just what kind of influence did Yunho have on jaejoong? what exactly is the relationship between the two?

Rather than angry, junsu found this to be interesting “who are you?”

“I’m….”

“he is a nobody…just someone from my class…” said jaejoong as he turn around “I have already given you my answer…from this point on…leave me out of it…if you still see me as your friend then don’t contact me again” was the only thing he said before walking away without a single glance

“Yah! Jaejoong ah!!! This isn’t over yet! I’m not going to give up you hear me!” Junsu shouted after him.

Yunho stood there unsure as to what just happen. Should he follow jaejoong? maybe it was a bad idea to jump into a fight between friends.

“This is all your fault!” snap Junsu “you just have to come out of nowhere don’t you…”

“Sorry…”

“Doesn’t matter…I’m pisst as hell and you are clearly an adult…you will be accompanying me for a bit!” said Junsu as he grab onto Yunho and dragged him away. Before Yunho knew it he is sitting in a bar next to Junsu who has taken a few shots while Yunho is still trying to get pass his first beer.
“Um….I’m not involve in any of this…I still have class tomorrow so I’ll just…”

Junsu grab onto him and pulled him back down onto the stool “nothing to do with you? The minute you jump in and stopped me was the minute you got involve…because of you I couldn’t persuade Jaejoong....do you even know how hard it is to contact that guy? Every time I go to his place, he is never home, when he is home he won’t see me and when I call him he won’t answer…”

Yunho didn’t say anything as Junsu continues “he used to be so cheerful…so bright…so loving and kind….I loved everything about him…I wanted to shine as bright as him…but now…now he is just a pain in the ….that guy…that guy has completely shut himself out…”

“How….long has you known jaejoong?” Yunho asked feeling like he has been given a chance to learn more about the beautiful man

“How long? longer than anyone….I have known him since he was in diaper” junsu chuckled like a drunk man “You see…jaejoong’s mother and my mother were best friend…So it only makes sense for me and jaejoong to become good friends…we went to the same school all the way till college…in fact I was surprise he even decided to go to college…that guy…had never gotten along well with his father…his father wanted him to follow his footsteps that even his older sister and brother also follow….but jaejoong had a different calling….he was always at ends with his father….so to hear that he is giving up his dream and becoming a lawyers like his father was unbelievable…..he had so much he wanted to do…but he dropped everything and pursue a degree that his family is pushing him toward…I just don’t get family…just because you are lawyer doesn’t mean all your kids have to be one…”

“Why…would he drop his dream to do something he doesn’t even want to do?”

Junsu became quiet as his expression became bitter “when something tragic happens…it will change the people who are left behind especially the one who is closest to that person that died…”

This got Yunho interested “did…someone close to jaejoong passed away?”

“They were close…he is probably closer to jaejoong then me…I was the one who introduced them…I was the string of fate that brought them together…at the end…all I did was caused them both heart aches….” Junsu became quite as memories of the past flashed before his eyes making him teary that those wonderful days will never be possible again. Yunho thought for sure junsu was going to cry like most drunk people but instead he just close his eyes and asked the bartender for more. Yunho started to wonder how long must he be here because he still has a report to write and it’s already 9 pm.

“Neh…” junsu lean close to Yunho as he could smell the strong alcohol in his breath “you…like jaejoong don’t you?” he asked with a grin

Yunho flushed red “Of course not!”

“ehhhh….the way you jumped that railing to rescue him was feeling more than just friendship…”

Yunho was going to explain himself but junsu cut him off by circling his arm around Yunho’s neck “it’s okay…you can love him…everyone who knows him on a personal level always does…that guy may be acting like a now but he is a very kind and loving person…even if he treat you bad…make you angry or sad…don’t abandon him…he is like a frighten puppy who doesn’t want to come out of his cage…” junsu took a drink before whispering to Yunho “do you want to see a picture? Jaejoong is also in there…”

Before Yunho could even answer, Junsu had already took out his phone and was struggling to get pass his security code as he started to look through his picture. Yunho was waiting when his phone started to ring. He mentally thank god because now he can use this call as an excuse to leave.

“Sorry…my mom is calling…I have to go…I…uh…had fun…please be careful on your way home” smile Yunho as he quickly grab his back pack and left.

“Right here…this is the picture” Junsu said as he faced his phone toward Yunho who was no longer there and didn’t hear him say goodbye “huh? Where did he go?”

It was a group picture of Junsu and 4 other guys and one of them had bright blonde hair with the angelic smile Yunho couldn’t forget. Each of them was holding on their instrument of choices with jaejoong is holding onto a mic and guitar.

Junsu looked at his phone with a sadden expression as he traced his thumb over a guy standing next to jaejoong who smiled as bright as jaejoong who is probably the only one who could stand in the same lime light as him and still shine as bright. Junsu’s lip curved into a bitter smile

“Why did you have to go so soon and leave behind such a big mess for me to clean up…”

Yunho made it outside before answering his call.

“What took you so long to answer?” came changmin’s voice

“Sorry…something….came up…”

“Like what?”

“It’s a long story…”

“I bet it is….anyway I finished burning that movie you wanted…do you want to come by to get it or should I just bring it to school tomorrow?”

“I’ll come by…”

Changmin paused a bit before asking “are you sure you are okay Yunho?”

Base on the tone of his voice, Yunho could tell he was worried

“I’m fine…”

“you…didn’t look fine….you looked like you were in a lot of pain…you were closing your eyes as if that is where the pain is coming from” said Changmin as he recalls seeing Yunho groaning yesterday

Yunho can’t help but think that changmin is very sharp and can pin point where someone is feeling the pain.

“It’s nothing really…”

Changmin sigh “Yunho…are you really going to do this?”

Yunho hesitated a bit before he also sigh. As much as he wanted to keep it a secret and not to worry changmin, he knew he can’t keep this away from him. Knowing changmin, he will probably never leave yunho alone until he tells him everything.

“I’ll…tell you when I come there”

Soon Yunho is in Changmin’s room sitting on the bed while changmin is sitting on a chair backward near his desk. He looks at Yunho a bit startle upon hearing everything from Yunho.

“So…you are telling me that ever since the surgery you have been seeing images of a blonde hair man…every time you see these images, your eyes will hurt really bad….even the doctor couldn’t explain what is happening and this has been going on for over a year…?”

Yunho nodded his head

“I think you are seeing the wrong doctor…maybe you should see a doctor for this part…” said changmin as he pointed to his head

“I’m serious here changmin ah…this isn’t a joke…it has been happening since day one…but recently it has been happening more than usual…”

“okay…so…go into detail how this blonde guy look…”

Yunho started to think about it and try his best to remember the images “well…he is slender but not too slender…you can see that he also have muscle that seem to frame his body perfectly giving him perfect curve. He’s tall with blonde hair, big brown eyes….a full pink lip. His skin looked smooth and as white as the snow….when he smiles, his entire face lights up and his eyes sparkles…from the images that I have seen…she seem to give an aura of calm and peace…he look cheerful and full of life….”

Changmin sat there quietly as he listens to Yunho describe the blonde man. He can’t help but wonder what if these aren’t images that are being made up and that this is an actual person who do exist somewhere in this country. The way Yunho describe him is too surreal and the details meant that he isn’t lying and that for some reason the new cornea is providing him with images.

“You know what I think…” changmin spoke “I think that since you inherited this dead person’s cornea…you have also inherited the images that those cornea was able to see…in other words…you are seeing what that person was seeing before he passed….it had somehow connected to you as well…congratulation…”

“This isn’t something to congrats me on changmin ah…can’t you be serious here?”

“I am serious…that is the only explanation…have you seen that horror movie from the USA about this blind woman who also got a corneal transplant and started to see ghost…at the end it turns out the eyes she inherited was eyes from a girl who could see ghost so the eyes can still see the undead no matter who has the cornea….your case is like that except you don’t see ghost…but see images of what the dead person saw…just thinking about it is creepy” said changmin as he shivered.

Yunho didn’t say a word as he try to understand what changmin just said. Compare to what the doctor had told him and what he had come up on his own, what changmin said does make the best sense. In other words, this blonde guy must have been a close friend or brother of this person who died.

“But…there is one thing I don’t get…if that is the case…wouldn’t I see other things too rather than just the blonde guy?”

Changmin started to think “that’s true…maybe….this blonde guy have some kind of deep connection to this dead guy…maybe…a lover?”

“are you telling me I inherited eyes of a gay man?”

“Are you against homouality Yunho?”

“Of course not…”

“Then it doesn’t matter…but for sure there is a deep connection…maybe this dead guy still has some unfinished business with this blonde guy that’s why you are only seeing his images and not anything else”

Yunho sigh “I just don’t know…but…whenever I see this blonde guy…I…” he paused as Changmin look at his flushed face

“Don’t tell me…you…are falling in love”

Yunho’s face immediately went from bright pink to red “that!...that’s! Wrong….I…I don’t even know who this person is or if he actually exist! Why is it that whenever I talk to you about other guys you assume I like them…for the last time I do not swing that way”

“sure…” said changmin as he dragged the word in doubt “so…what are you going to do?”

“There isn’t anything I can do…”

“Have you thought about looking for this blonde guy?”

Yunho look at changmin in shock. He has been having these images flashed before his eyes and yet never once had he even thought about looking for this guy.

“Do you think he really exist?” he asked with a serious expression

“It’s worth a try right?....”

“I don’t even know where to start looking…”

“That’s true…”

Yunho grab his bag and stood up “well thanks for listening to me…I better head out and start on my report”

“will you be alright?”

“yea…I’ll call you if anything happens”

“okay…keep me updated…oh wait!...don’t forget the real reason why you came here” smile changmin as he pick up the DVD

“Right…” said Yunho as he reached for the DVD.

Suddenly his vision started to blur and the familiar pain surfaced.

“Yunho?”

Yunho felt the pain traveled to his head as it became even more painful as if someone is poking something sharp into his eye sockets. He tried to keep his eyes closed feeling that if he opens them, another image will appear. But it seems the longer he keeps them close, the more painful it became.

“The medicine….please get my medicine!” he groan painfully

Changmin did just that as he quickly went to grab the medicine and a bottle of water. He handed it to Yunho who quickly took in the meds and follow it with water. He opened his eyes and another image appears. It was an image of the blonde man; he was no longer smiling…those eyes was no longer sparkling but is filled with tears.

This beautiful man was crying endlessly with river of tears sliding down his now pink cheek. It looked to be at night considering the dark shadows around him but why was he crying? It was pulling at the most sensitive part of Yunho making his heart heavy.

“Yunho?! oi yunho!” Changmin shouted snapping Yunho back to reality “what…did you see?” he asked upon the strange expression on Yunho’s face

“I saw him…the blonde man…but…he was crying…” Yunho felt his chest tighten as his heart ached “he was crying…there was so much tears…it’s…it’s….”

“OI Yunho…are you sure you are okay? You are crying too”

Yunho touched his cheek and felt the stream of tear sliding down his cheek

“This…is more serious then I think…” said changmin “we…can’t keep having this happen…we have to find a solution to this…”

Yunho wipes his tears and took a deep breath before standing up straight “It’s alright…don’t worry about it…”

“How could I not worry about it? I just saw you went through horrible pain not just once but twice”

“I’ll be fine…I’ll let you know if something else happen” Yunho smiled

“Are your eyes okay?”

“Yea…it’s better now…”

“Will you be able to get home on your own?”

“I’ll be fine…thanks for your concern…I’ll talk to you tomorrow”

“Okay…be careful…”

Yunho stood by the elevator door waiting for it. The hallway was empty with only him standing there deep in thoughts. Even now he still feels his chest tightening as if he can’t breathe. His heart ached while this bitter feeling emerged. He was used to seeing the blonde man smile brightly so to suddenly see him cry was shocking. Just remembering it made Yunho wished he was actually there, if he was he could have pulled that man into a hug, comfort him and wipe away his tears. The sound of the elevator door brought him out of his thoughts as he shook his head and enters as the door closed. Everything that he had talks to changmin about started to replay in his head.

*Flash back*

“Have you thought about looking for this blonde guy?”

*End of flash back*

Yunho closed his eyes and open them again with a serious expression “I’ll find you and find out the reason for your tears…"

Jaejoong walked down the street while listening to music. To meet up with junsu and be reminded of the past had made his mood bitter. He paused as the night breeze blew pass him causing his hair to sway back and forth. He could feel the coldness of the night wind as he lifted his gaze toward the darken sky with a sadden expression.

*Flash back*

“We need you…”

“My answer will still be the same”

“I’m begging you jaejoong…we need you to sing for us…this is our tribute to him…he loved our band…he loved everyone….and he loved your voice…his death anniversary is fast approaching…we can’t do this without you…everyone else had already agree to it”

Jaejoong sigh “I will never pick up the mic again nor will I get involve with music…right now I am going to concentrate at becoming a lawyer nothing else. I have already made it to the top of my class and aced all my exams…if things continue this smoothly…I’ll graduate and take my test to become a lawyer just like my father wanted”

“Lawyer? Are you serious? You hated how your family is always trying to force you to follow their footsteps so why are you suddenly being so obedient…are you really going to give your life to your father ad let him decide what to do with it? What about your dreams?”

“My dream died a long time ago Junsu…I have come to face reality….” Jaejoong spoke calmly

“bull!” he snapped causing the few customers in the café to turn toward them and started to whisper “…people who has never received a record deal will use that sad line…but for someone like you who was offered a huge record deal…you were closer than anyone else…don’t be saying that you have come to face reality when your dream was about to come true…but you threw it all away…”

Jaejoong didn’t say a word as junsu let out a frustrated sigh as silence filled the air “jaejoong…it…wasn’t your fault…”

This line stir the bitterness in side as jaejoong stood up abruptly that it startled Junsu “I’ll make it clear to you once and for all…I will never ever…stand on the stage again nor will I ever pick up a mic to sing…don’t you dare contact me again or bring up such thing…”

*End of flash back*

“Looks like the flower you help bloomed has started to wilt” spoke Junsu sadly as he look at the photo in his phone. He was still in the bar drinking while the place has become empty “Don’t worry…I’ll do everything I can to get him to sing for you one last time so you can rest in peace…”

The next day Junsu arrived at the front gate toward the college that Jaejoong is attending. He stepped out of the car and removed his sunglasses ignoring the people who was staring and whispering. Even though Jaejoong made it clear for him to never contact again, junsu was not going to give up. It wouldn’t be friend like if he just does what jaejoong say and continue to allow him to willow in despair.

“Junsu?” came a familiar voice as he turns his head to the right and his eyes widen in shock

“C-changmin ah?!”

Yunho who was standing next to changmin could also see him sharing the same shock expression as junsu “You two know each other?” he asked

At that moment Jaejoong also arrived and paused upon seeing Junsu, changmin and Yunho. All 4 of them exchange surprise look as a cool breeze blew pass. Jaejoong can’t help but get this sickening feeling deep inside that this moment on, everything will once again change. The time that he felt had stopped will be forced to move.

Junsu look at the back pack on Changmin and became angry as he walked over to him and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt “you…you lied to me!” he glared