Chapter 15

Beautiful Eyes

As you can tell I now have a poster cover for this story thanks to psyche-0-beast  for volunteering to put this together!! Please comment, Subscribe and Upvote to show your love :)

_____________________________________________

Jaejoong look at the picture in his hand wondering how such a precious picture will end up in Yunho’s apartment. Could it be that changmin brought it over and forgot about it? Suddenly he heard a loud noise as if something fell and it sounded like it was coming from the bathroom. Jaejoong placed the picture on the table and put his backpack down before making his way there.

“Yunho?” he called out to him softly before pushing the bathroom door open

To his surprise Yunho is sitting on the cold hard bathroom floor hunched over with his hand covering his eyes. The water of the sink is still running as a bottle of shampoo now laid on the floor next to him. Jaejoong could hear him making soft groan as if something had happen to cause him pain.

“YUNHO!” jaejoong shouted before rushing toward yunho and got on his knee “What happen?! Are you okay? is your eyes hurting again?!”

Yunho didn’t say anything as he kept his eyes close and his head lower. Even though the pain and the burning sensation have disappeared it still left behind some migraines. Jaejoong wasn’t sure what to do, he wondered if he should call for help. He reached his hand out to Yunho and cupped his cheek in his hand gently before lifting Yunho’s head.

“Look at me Yunho…open your eyes and look at me…” he spoke softly

Yunho was hesitant a bit afraid that what happen before will happen again. If he was to open them and is faced with complete darkness, he wasn’t sure if he could handle it. Jaejoong could see him hesitating and could tell Yunho is afraid.

“Yunho ah…” Jaejoong spoke gently and softly “everything will be alright…trust me…so open your eyes and look at me…”

Upon jaejoong’s word Yunho slowly begin to open his eyes. His vision was blurry at first but then it started to become clear until the beautiful face he has come to love is crystal clear.

“Are you…able to see?” Jaejoong asked full of worry

Yunho could only nod his head for being so close to jaejoong made his heart raced, making him nervous that no word could come out of his mouth. Even the celling light shining upon jaejoong made him look so breath taking. To have this person look at him with so much care and worried made Yunho happy that he had forgotten about what just happen.

“Can you stand?” jaejoong asked

Once again Yunho nodded his head. Jaejoong helped Yunho get off the floor of the bathroom before taking him to his bedroom. Yunho sat down on his bed and lay on his back before closing his eyes once more.

“I’ll be right back…” said jaejoong as he exited the room.

Yunho laid there trying to relax his body as well as his beating heart. The headache was still there but he could tell it was fading. He let out an exhausting sigh wondering just how much longer something like this will happen before it completely stop. It’s not that the images he sees bothers him but the pain really tires out his body. Bit by bit he started to become scare of going through this not knowing if he will be able to see or become blind afterward. Upon the thought of losing his sight, not being able to see the people around him makes him fearful. The next thing Yunho knew something wet and cold is placed over his eyes sending a wave of chills throughout his body.

“This should help with your eyes…” came jaejoong’s voice

“t-thank you…”

Jaejoong sat down on the bed next to Yunho and it bounced a little “does your eyes still hurts?”

“no…it doesn’t hurt anymore…I’m fine now…”Yunho smiled hoping not to worried this beautiful man anymore.

Jaejoong was quiet for a brief moment before speaking “Yunho…can you be honest with me? if possible…can you tell me if you are…you know…sick or something?”

“Sick?” Yunho tried to remove the towel unsure why jaejoong will think he is sick but this blonde man refuse to let him telling him to just relax “I’m not sick jaejoong ah…”

“But…this is the third time since I meet you that you went through something like this…it’s not normal…have you gotten yourself check with a doctor yet to determine the cause?”

Yunho laid there as he tried to put his thoughts together. Jaejoong asked him to be honest but he fear that he will once again have to lie. He doesn’t want to tell jaejoong that this is happening because of this new cornea or that every time he goes through these pains he gets images of jaejoong in the past.

“I have gotten it check…the doctor stated that it’s normal for Corneal transplant patient…every now and then they will experience unexplained pain because our body is still trying to adjust…however as time goes by…it will fade…so please don’t worried too much..”

Jaejoong look at Yunho a bit doubtful but then again why would Yunho lied to him. He only let out a long sigh before the sound of a stomach rumbling echoed throughout the room. At this point Yunho was glade the wet towel is preventing his face from blushing red out of embarrassment. He had hoped to grab something to eat before class but after what happen with Yoochun he haven’t gotten the chance to fill his now empty stomach.

“I’ll go make you something to eat” smile jaejoong

Yunho quickly sat up as he removed the towel “it’s alright! I’ll go make it...” he protested not wanting to trouble jaejoong.

“You need to rest…after what happen it’s best you don’t move around…I’ll be right back” said jaejoong as he pushed Yunho back down onto the bed

Jaejoong walked toward the door when he heard Yunho spoke “Thank you…jaejoong ah…”

Upon these words jaejoong only smiled before closing the door behind him as he made his way toward the kitchen.

Yunho laid there on his bed in quietness. His mind started to wonder back to those images that he saw a moment ago. There was no doubt about it, the first set of images was clear that this person he received the cornea from had kissed Jaejoong. Now Yunho really wonder who this person is and just what kind of relationship did he have with this beautiful blonde man? Could it be that they were lovers? At this thought Yunho felt his chest tighten as his heart became heavy. Just the thought of possibly inheriting the cornea of Jaejoong’s possible lovers brings a chill to his body. It makes him scare to be honest, scare that this might actually be true. Yunho quickly removed this thought from his head. It’s only a coincidence is what he told himself not wanting to believe that this could be true. He started to think about the second set of images and remembered seeing the silver necklace with the red diamond. Even though he couldn’t see this person’s face, this was a big clue. The more Yunho think about it the more curious he become of what happen that night and who this dark figure is.

After finishing cooking, Jaejoong set the table with a satisfying smile. With the light blue apron still on, he walked over to the bedroom and open the door. To his disappointment Yunho had fallen asleep considering his soft breathing and motionless body. Jaejoong walked over to Yunho and removed the towel. The coldness has faded as the liquid has become warm. He turns his gaze back to Yunho with a concern look on his face wondering just what this man before him is going through. There was no doubt about it, Yunho is hiding something. Even though jaejoong asked him to be honest, he wasn’t. Knowing how Yunho is, most likely he is not lying because he doesn’t trust jaejoong but rather he is lying because he didn’t want to worry him.

Jaejoong bends down and stare at Yunho's sleeping face "Now I wonder if I’m the helpless one or he is?” he wondered to himself

After covering Yunho with the blanket Jaejoong retreated back to the kitchen wondering what he should do with these foods.

Changmin had just gotten done with his class as he exited the building with an expression of hate toward the now pouring rain. He had hoped for the rain to hold off a little bit longer until he gets home. He opened his umbrella and started walking through the large courtyard when his phone started to ring.

“Hello?”

“Changmin ah…are you done with class?” came Junsu’s voice

“Yea…I just got done…why what’s up?”

Junsu turn to look at Yoochun as they sat in a café that is barely full “can you come meet me? Something has happen…”

Junsu didn’t go into details on what happen but changmin figure he will find out when he gets there. After parking his car, Changmin got out and entered the little café not too far away. He spotted Junsu sitting at a table toward the corner by the window. As he got closer he also noticed the second person and his expression quickly soured upon seeing who it is.

“I’m going home…” said changmin as he turn around but junsu grabbed onto him

“Just sit down…put your anger aside for a bit…please” Junsu pleaded with him

Changmin took one look at Junsu and then to Yoochun who has not lift his gaze from the table to meet his. In his view, Yoochun looked like a child who has just been caught doing something horrible. He only let out a sigh before taking a seat next to Junsu while Yoochun sits across from them. This sitting arrangement however made Yoochun felt like he is about to be interrogated. For one thing changmin already hated him, if he learns what happen, he will hate Yoochun even more.

“so…what happen?” Changmin asked while looking at yoochun feeling like whatever happen has to do with him.

“He knows…” said Junsu

Changmin turn to Junsu “he knows what?”

Junsu sigh “he knows that Yunho inherited Geun suk’s cornea...”

This surprised Changmin as he quickly turn to yoochun and then back to Junsu “how?! Did you tell him?!”

“keep your voice down changmin and no…I didn’t tell him…he dug it up himself…”

“dug it up?” changmin slowly turn to Yoochun as the thought of him doing a background check on Yunho appear. He became angry as he reached over to Yoochun and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt “how dare you?! Just because you are rich doesn’t mean you can go and do background check on people?! You are invading their privacy and not to mention you are seeing personal information that the person himself doesn’t want others to know! Have you ever thought about how this will make them feel?! What if I do a background check on your too and dug up all your secrets!”

Junsu quickly pulled changmin off of Yoochun and tried his best to calm the anger “please changmin ah…just control yourself a bit more…we are in a public place…” he whispered upon seeing the other customer turn their heads toward them.

“I don’t give a damn…I knew this guy will never change…like they say old habits dies hard!” he glared

“just keep your cool…I also told him about what is happening with Yunho…”

“what? why?! why would you tell him that?”

“If I didn’t tell him the truth he was going to tell jaejoong and Yunho about Geun Suk’s cornea…I can’t let him do that…”

Changmin could feel the headache he was feeling earlier grow “Junsu…at least make up a lie…why tell him the truth…”

“I’m sorry…”

“So it is true…Junsu wasn’t just pulling my leg” Yoochun finally spoke

Changmin only glared at him before crossing his arms “So what if it’s true…it has nothing to do with you…”

“You stated that these images were what Geun suk was seeing before he passed correct?” Yoochun asked Junsu completely ignoring Changmin

“Yes…so far we know that every time Yunho found what was in those images, it shift to new ones…the first time he sees only jaejoong for almost a year but after meeting him in real life, those images shifted to a little blue box in the sunflower fields…when that box was found…it shifted again…”

“So what are the new images then?” Yoochun asked

“They…”

Changmin stopped Junsu before he could finish “He doesn’t need to know….all he needs to know is that Yunho have Geun suk’s cornea…his cornea is providing Yunho of images…nothing more since this doesn’t concern him…”

“Changmin ah…don’t you think that maybe Yoochun might be able to help us out once we have enough clues…?” Junsu asked

Yoochun took one look at changmin and sigh before standing up “it’s okay Junsu…he is right…this doesn’t concern me…you have already told me more than enough and to confirm it with changmin…I won’t tell Jaejoong and Yunho but I will say this…once everything is completed and once the truth is out…the people who will get hurt isn’t just those two but you two as well…just be prepare for the ending result because I can tell you…if I was in their shoe and my best friend kept this from me…I will come to hate them…distrust them…look at them with anger and disappointment…”

With that being said Yoochun exited the coffee leaving Junsu and changmin alone to think about what Yoochun just said.

“Changmin ah…I think Yoochun does have a point there…” Junsu spoke in a serious tone of voice

Changmin sigh “it’s getting more complicated…this is why I wanted Yunho to have those corneas replace so we won’t have to go through this” he let out a irritated sound “of all the people why must it be Yunho…”

Junsu drink from his mocha latte “Yoochun…told me a bit about Yunho’s past…the cause of him losing his sight…”

Changmin stiffen as the expression on his face became bitter and dark. It made Junsu regretted bringing up the topic. He just wanted to hear it directly from changmin but if this topic will twist his expression then it’s best not to talk about it.

“Never mind…forget I said anything…”

“what did he say?” changmin asked

Junsu hesitated a bit before speaking “Yoochun say it was Yunho’s mother who caused her own child to go blind…”

Changmin grew quiet as he remembers that day and even now it still sends chill throughout his body.

“That…is true…it was his mother who did it…”

Junsu look at changmin in disbelief. To think that what Yoochun told him was true. At first it sounded unbelievable but to have it confirm is shocking.

“As Yunho slept in his bed…his mother came into his room and poured chemical substance into his eyes…”

“But…why? How could a mother do that to her child?” junsu asked

“Because Yunho’s eyes reminded her of her deceased husband…”

After hearing this it finally clicked for Junsu why Changmin was so protective of Yunho and why he wanted Yunho to remove Geun suk’s cornea. If jaejoong were to find out and reject Yunho…it will be like his mother rejecting him just because his eyes resemble his fathers.

“Yunho had a normal family…a loving and hardworking father and a caring gentle mother…before she lost her mind…she was the sweetest and most wised woman I had ever meet. She was beautiful both on the outside and the inside with a big heart….however after her husband died her mind became unstable…he was the love of her life…and when he died…part of her died with him…there were moments where she will go crazy and completely reject Yunho…she will shout at him…telling him to stop looking at her because it was like her dead husband was looking back at her…looking at her failure…at her insanity…looking at her with scorn for rejecting their only son….there were times when I will visit Yunho and see him cover his eyes when she comes around…but…” changmin paused a bit before continuing “but…one night she couldn’t handle it anymore…while Yunho was sleeping she took action…luckily Yunho was able to make it to the bathroom in time to wash out the fluid but it was too late…his corneas has been damage but he was able to prevent a permanent damage to his eyes….”

“This is…unbelievable…” said Junsu in shock

“That’s…not the worst part…” said changmin as he remembers that day how it started and how it ended as the sound of rain echoed into his ear.

***Flash back***

A young changmin and Yunho were doing some study for their upcoming test at Yunho’s house. As the evening sun turn into a moon, as the sunlight faded as darkness took over, Yunho let out a yawn. They have been spending the last 4 hours studying when they got home from school and Yunho is completely drained. Not to mention the fact that he haven’t been sleeping well for the last couple of nights.

“Should we call it a day?” Changmin asked noticing how tire Yunho have become

“Yea…I could barely focus…my formula now looks like scribbles done by a 5 year old…”

Changmin only chuckled before stuffing his books and notebooks into his bag. Yunho walked him out to the front door and they bid their farewell. Yunho went back to this bedroom and closed the door before flopping himself onto the bed to relax as sleep soon took over. Changmin made it home and even changed out of his uniform. He looks at the clock and it’s already 9 pm. He started to dig through his backpack to take out his cell phone but couldn’t find it anywhere. Changmin figure he must have forgotten it at Yunho’s place. After making a phone call to Yunho through the house phone, he confirmed that his cell phone is indeed over there. Since they lived only a few blocks away from each other and will only be a 15 minute by bike, he left the house.

The night breeze wasn’t cold but just perfect as the sky is covered in twinkling stars. There was barely anyone outside giving the night a sense of peace. As changmin pulled to the front of the Jung residence he placed his bike against the brick wall. He went up to the door and ringed the doorbell but there was no response.

“I could have sworn I told him I was coming” thought changmin as he ringed the doorbell one more but still no answer. Even the mother who usually answered the door for guest was nowhere to be seen.

Changmin reached for the door knob and surprisingly it wasn’t lock. He figures Yunho must have forgotten to lock it earlier when changmin left.

“hello? Yunho? Mrs. Jung?” he called out but received no response.

Changmin walked into the living room and even the kitchen but the mother of the house could not be found. He figure he should just go up to Yunho’s room, grab his phone and leave. As he made it half way through the stairs he heard the sound of water running and sound of things falling onto the ground. To him it didn’t sound right as this feeling of nervousness appear.

“Yunho?” he called to him

As changmin got closer to the bathroom he could hear Yunho groaning in pain. When changmin got to the door his eyes widen in shock, Yunho’s eyes was completely red, he was crying and painfully.

“Yunho!” he shouted

“Changmin ah?! Is that you?!”

“What happen?!” he asked in a panic

“I can’t see…I can’t see…changmin ah! I can’t see!!” Yunho shouted in fear as he started to cry as the burning sensation still remains.

Being so young changmin wasn’t sure what to do either. He was panicking as much as Yunho was.

“I…I’ll go get your mother!!”

Changmin left Yunho’s side and started to search for Yunho’s mom. He saw a light in the bedroom where she spends her night. As changmin pushed the door open he is met with a horrifying surprise.

Fear struck him as his body froze. His leg couldn’t support him as it gives in causing him to fall on his . Changmin started shaking as no words could be made nor a sound. Hanging from the ceiling fan is Yunho’s mother with a rope tightly around her neck. On the floor below her is an empty bottle of chemical substance.

“Did you find her? Did you find my mom?” Yunho asked as he managed to feel his way through the hallway toward his mom’s bedroom but no matter where he looks everything was fading between complete blur to darkness.

Changmin quickly stood up and covered Yunho’s face as he started to cry thanking the fact that Yunho couldn’t see.

***End of flash back***

Junsu didn’t speak a word after hearing the entire story. He weren’t sure what to say or how to react.

“Even though what she did to Yunho was wrong…even though people insulted her…look at her body with disgust…whispers of fear and pity…in truth…she did that to Yunho so he wouldn’t have to see…he wouldn’t have to watch her lifeless body swings from the ceiling…Nothing is more horrifying…more mentally scaring then to see your own mother took her life…she spared him that memory…” said Changmin

“Yoochun stated she has seen many therapists and was diagnosed with depression…”

“Indeed she did…but nothing was working…every day that passed…she loose herself more…until she couldn’t do it anymore…”

“That means Yunho never saw his mother’s body…” spoke Junsu

Changmin nodded his head “Yunho never saw anything since then…until last year when he received Geun suk’s cornea…”

“Does he know what happen to her?” Junsu asked once again

“yea…his relative told him what happen….even he learned that she was the one who caused him to go blind…but being the way Yunho is…he didn’t hold any grudges against her or hate her…he still loves her and spoke of her fondly to others…he choose not to talk about the bad times but only the good times…that’s his way of remembering the mother who give birth to him”

When Yunho awoken from his slumber the migraine has disappear as everything return to normal. The wet towel that was covering his eyes has been removed as he sat up rubbing the corner of his eyes. It wasn’t until his hand touched another flesh next to him did he lower his gaze. To his surprise jaejoong had fallen asleep sitting on the ground next to the bed with his head resting upon his arms. Yunho turn to the clock and notice he had fallen asleep for at least 3 hours. He stood up and gently lifts jaejoong off the floor before laying him on the bed. Yunho pulled the covers over jaejoong’s slender body. He brushes aside Jaejoong’s bangs to reveal his face completely. Yunho remembered those images he saw of jaejoong being kissed and this caused jealousy to emerge from deep within. To think that someone was able to taste the softness of these full pink lips is upsetting. Yunho found himself staring at jaejoong and before he knew it he leans forward and planted a kiss upon jaejoong’s lip as well. After locking lips for a few seconds he finally leans back.

“It’s frustrating…at first I was happy to see those images of you smiling…laughing…being the bright and beautiful person you are…but now I don’t wish to see anymore images of this person loving you…this person showing affection to you…I wish I could be the person you love most…I wish you will look at me the way I look at you…but I know that to you…I’m just a friend…even though I won’t be able to tell you my feelings…at least I can stand at your side and have you rely on me…so I hope you won’t get angry with me for stealing a kiss as I hope to bury these feelings…” Yunho leans forward and kissed jaejoong on the forehead before getting up and exited the room.

As he got to the kitchen he spotted the food on the table and couldn’t believe that jaejoong went all out. To think that he could actually make something so delicious with the little ingredient Yunho have available is amazing. He removed the covers and sat down before he started to eat with joy. Every taste makes his eyes sparkles as his stomach ask for more.

Without him realizing it Jaejoong was awake the entire time as he stood by the now open door leaning on the frame watching Yunho. He could still feel the places where Yunho kissed burns as he recalls the heart felt confession from Yunho. Even his heart was racing as it refuses to stay still. He turn his gaze toward Yunho who has his back toward him while eating unaware of jaejoong’s presence. He recalled all the time he had spent with Yunho and how much Yunho had helped him get over his past. Even the painful one sided love he harbors for Geun suk was no longer painful. At this point would it really be okay for him to love someone else? If he were to love Yunho would that be true love or would it be consider as loving him because he feel like he is obligated to for what Yunho have done for him? Even jaejoong isn’t sure how he felt when it comes to Yunho. As of now Yunho is someone very important in his life, he hope to continue to have Yunho be part of his life in the future. Would this feeling be considered as love?

"If you going to confess as least do it properly...don't say you love me and then say you are going to bury those feeling without even letting me know idiot..." thought jaejoong as he felt like Yunho is walking down the same path of painful love that he did with Geun suk.

While eating Yunho felt someone watching him as he turn around but there wasn’t anyone there. The door to his bedroom is closed as well so it couldn’t be jaejoong. He only raised a confusing eyebrow before finishing his meal. He stood up and started to clean the table before washing the dishes. He notices his backpack is still on the floor as he went to take out his phone and was surprise to see so many missed call and text from jaejoong. Now he understands why jaejoong suddenly show up at his apartment. He turns his gaze from his phone to the photo sitting on the table as he reached for it. Unlike before, he could clearly see the picture now as his eyes shifted from the blonde hair jaejoong to the young man standing at his side. Yunho’s eyes widen in shock for this man was the same man he saw in those images. He could feel his body starting to go numb and he became more nervous. Even his heart was racing as he notices something written on the back of the picture. He slowly turns it over as he read the name that is written directly behind each person on the photo. Yunho paused upon the name that is written behind the guy standing next to jaejoong as he felt his world slowly starting to collapse

“Jang…Geun Suk…”