Chapter 5

Beautiful Eyes

Please leave me any feedback or comment about this story, what you like and don't like is acceptable. Subscribe and upvote makes me a happy author :)

**********************************************

Everyone stood in silence as they kept their eyes upon the blonde young man standing before them. To everyone here this seems like something out of a dream. It has been over a year since he walked out of here and was never seen or heard from again.

“I give you to the count of 3 to pisst off otherwise…Don’t blame me for what comes next” he glared

The man who is still on the ground quickly stood up “You…you don’t scare me!”

“1…” jaejoong started to count

“Who do you think you are? You don’t own this place…you don’t decide who stay and who goes” the other guy tried to act tough but one icy cold glare from jaejoong made his courage disappear

“2…”

The other guy didn’t made any attempt to leave as him and his friends were started to feel uneasy with the deadly glares facing them

“3…!”

“This is stupid! Don’t think you have won yet” the other guy shouted before he and his friends left the room.

Silence filled the air as no one spoke a word feeling like this dream will disappear the minute words are spoken. Feeling the uneasiness in the air, Junsu asked everyone to leave for the day putting an end to their practice. No one disobey as they gathered their instrument and headed for the door. Those that were close to jaejoong will slightly greet him before leaving as he too return their greeting. Before long the room is empty with only Junsu and jaejoong.

“I had forgotten how scary you can be when you are angry…it’s like a sweet cheerful angel turn devil when angered…” grin Junsu

“You…should have better grip on your precious guitar…don’t let others take it from you so easily” smirk jaejoong as he tossed the guitar back to Junsu who caught it and started to examine it to make sure nothing was broken.

“He…just caught me off guard that’s all…”

Jaejoong walk pass Junsu and started to look around reminiscing the past times that he had spent here performing with the others

“This place haven’t changed at all…” said jaejoong as he started to touch the large speakers to the other instruments that are sitting by the side.

“What brings you here? The performance isn’t until tomorrow night” Junsu asked

“I know…I just didn’t have anything else to do….”

“Let me guess…you got into another argument with your dad?”

“I have stopped arguing with him a year ago…ever since I started to become an obedient son, he has stop shouting into my ear…”

“Then what? Are you going through the rebellion age again with you dying your hair back to blonde” Junsu grinned

Jaejoong’s lip curved into a smirk “do you really want to know a secret?”

“What?”

“My hair has always been blonde…to avoid all the nagging from my dad I had just temporarily spray it brown….with some warm water…it will be washed right out…”

This took junsu by surprise; he never expected this from jaejoong.

“Have you come here to give me your answer?”

Jaejoong picks up the microphone and stare at it for a bit before sitting down on the stage “I have already given you my answer a few times…it don’t think it will ever change” he tossed the mic to Junsu

“Is this…really want you want? Is this the choice you are making?” junsu asked with a hint of desperation

“My time on the stage is over Junsu…my dream….has died…the sparks I once feel while standing before the crowds has disappear…I can’t sing without the kind of passion I once have…even if I can still sing…the message won’t be conveyed as powerful as it was before…”

Junsu didn’t say anything but express the sadness he is feeling that he would not keep the promise he had made to their friend who had passed. But he can’t force jaejoong to return if he had already given up. If he continues to press on, continues to force his way, he knows that jaejoong will only break away from him further. If being on the stage brings him painful memories then it’s best that jaejoong don’t return.

“Ahhh…” Junsu let out a frustrated shout before sighing “you win…I won’t ask you to return anymore…just do what you want…but make sure you are doing something you will be happy with…” he smiled

Jaejoong return the smile “thanks junsu…I hope you guys performance goes well…”

“easier said than done…I was hoping…praying for you to jump in with a grand entrance like you always do and sing your heart out but now that you had made it clear that you will never sing again…I’m starting to doubt if we can pull it off without a singer”

“Don’t worry…you guys will be fine…even without me…even without him…you guys will find your own light…your own beat…”

Junsu only smiled nervously as Jaejoong tried to cheer him up.

As night faded and morning arrived, Yunho Stir in his sleep after feeling the sunlight hits his eyes from the window in the living room. He slowly opens his eyes and groaned a bit from the sudden morning sun. He could feel a throbbing pain on his neck and his back. He sat up straight and yawned realizing that he had fallen asleep in the living room. Books and papers were on the table and the floor as the Laptop is still on. He yawned once more before stretching his arm out into the empty space. He stood up and headed to the bathroom. On the laptop screen are multiple saved tabs of male singers with bright blond hairs. Next to the laptop is a list of singers he had written down but a few names has been crossed out.

After a nice warm shower to refresh him, Yunho finally stepped out of the bathroom wiping his hair with the towel around his neck. At this moment his phone started to ring as he walked toward the coffee table.

“Hello…”

“This is a surprise…you are actually up early” came changmin’s voice

“I’m hanging up…” said Yunho not wanting to go through this so early in the morning

“Wait! Wait! Don’t hang up…are you doing anything later today?”

“I have a school project, paper due and study for my upcoming quiz…”

“Good…you aren’t doing anything important…” said changmin as Yunho only rolled his eyes “there is going to be a special event tonight…me and the other guys are going….”

“What does that have to do with me?” Yunho asked

“Everything…because you are also going…”

Yunho sigh “look changmin ah…you are a very smart man…you don’t understand the hardship of us normal people who have to struggle to get through college…I have lots of homework to finish…” he spoke while looking at the laptop where multiple tabs were saved

“Stop being such a boring guy…it’s not the same without you…”

“You will have to learn to do things without me…I won’t be by your side all the time…”

“Don’t sound like a parent trying to teach their kids some independence….I already had enough of that talk with my dad…”

Yunho chuckled as he scroll through the pictures of male singer “hey…do you know of any male singers with blond hair?”

Changmin paused a bit before speaking “What are you doing?”

“What do you think I am doing?”

“You are actually serious about looking for that guy?”

“Yes…”

“Without a name how can you even search for him? do you just type…Blonde hair male singer…?”

“Of course not…” said Yunho “I type Korean male singer with blonde hair…”

“Yea…that will REALLY narrow down your search result considering that blonde hair is such a thing right now among celebrities…”

“If you aren’t going to help me then I’ll be hanging up now…”

“Yah…wait…”

“Goodbye changmin ah…” said Yunho as he hangs up with a wide smile.

Yunho placed his phone down and turn his attention back to the computer screen and sigh. Changmin do have a point, without a name to those images, he will never be able to find him. Going through all the singers out there with blonde hair will be hard and time consuming. Being a college student, he doesn’t have all the free time he needs to do a long term search.

Changmin sat on his bed still in his pajamas while looking at his phone in disbelief that Yunho actually hanged up on him. He sat his phone down wondering what he said to upset Yunho.

Just then his phone ringed again startling him that. He looks at the caller ID and notice it’s Kim Junsu. It’s been a while since Junsu ever called him on his phone.

“Am I in trouble again? I swear I didn’t know so don’t yell at me” changmin spoke

“Ha…ha…ha…very funny…anyway you got my message yesterday?”

“The essay long text messages from you at 2 in the morning?...that one?…yes I did…and thank you very much for waking me up so early…”

“Sorry…I just couldn’t wait…but I need your answer…will you be okay with it?”

Changmin paused a bit before answering “I guess…but…it’s been a while…”

“You are smart…you will be okay”

Changmin sigh “What is it with you people? Just because I happen to be passing my class with flying colors…doesn’t mean I’m smart…!”

Junsu paused a bit startled by changmin’s outburst “where did that come from?”

“Sorry…I was just taking to Yunho a few minutes ago…” said changmin

“I see…well…don’t be late for later…it’s very important…”

“But how sure are you that he will come?” changmin asked “you texted me and said that he won’t be coming…he won’t sing…you even said that you won’t pursue him anymore”

“Yes…but you said it yourself right…he never leaves a friend hanging” smile Junsu

“I suppose so…it will be uncharacterized of him to not jump in for a rescue….”

Yunho went into the kitchen to find some breakfast however he is met with disappointment when there is barely anything to eat. He had forgotten to go grocery shopping and yet he will be starting his part time job in an hour. He sighs as he got ready for work deciding to grab something at his work place to eat before starting his shift. Yunho walked over to the living room after changing his clothes and shut down his laptop. He took his bags and swings it over his shoulder as he made his way toward the door and put on his shoe. He opened the closed the door before locking it.

“Good morning…” he greeted his coworker as she greeted him back.

He yawned before going down the aisle and picking up a few things to eat.

“You didn’t have breakfast this morning?” she asked before scanning his food of choice

“No…I forgot to go grocery shopping the other day so there isn’t anything”

“You must have been busy…being a full time college student must be hard….”

“You have no idea…” Yunho smiled before excusing himself to the back room for staffs to enjoy his morning meal.

He had only sat down when he yawned again feeling more tire than usual.

“Let me guess…you were up all night doing homework?” his manager asked as he exited his office to see Yunho sitting in the break room.

“Half homework…half something else…”

“Like what?...” he paused before yunho see his manager’s lip curved into a wide smile. His manager leans toward Yunho “you…were watching that huh?”

“I was not…”

His manager laughed “Don’t be shy…all men do it…it’s nothing to be ashamed off…”

Yunho sigh “I was not watching ”

At that moment his coworker entered the break room as an awkward silence filled the air. She only awkwardly smiled before giving Yunho the change she had forgotten to give him and stepped out. Yunho had never felted so embarrass as his face turn red.

Soon Yunho started his sift but he never expected that half way into him working will he be facing Kim Jaejoong with his usual soft locks of brown hair. What’s even more shocking is the large bandage plastered onto the side of his face ruining that beautiful feature. Yunho wanted to ask him so badly about what happen but he felt like it wasn’t his place to ask. He scanned a few items that jaejoong had placed onto the table as neither of them spoke a word to each other.

“That…will be 13 dollar…” said Yunho

Jaejoong took out 20 dollar and handed it to him. Yunho entered the amount as he took out the change and handed it back to Jaejoong.

“Are you….okay?” Yunho asked full of concern

Jaejoong look at Yunho and notice him staring at the bandage on his cheek “are you talking about this? It’s nothing to worry about…I just got into a little heated argument with my old man…that’s it…it’s just the usual parent losing their temper because their kid won’t listen…it’s nothing serious…”

“you…got into an argument with your dad? Over what?”

“I took your advice…” said jaejoong as he took out the meat bun he just bought. He could feel the warmth in his hand “I took a deep breath…stood there and imagine myself in the path that I thought I would be fine in…but…”

“but?”

Jaejoong broke the meat bun into half before handing the other half to Yunho and smiled beautifully “I wasn’t smiling…”

Yunho became speechless feeling like he had just seen the true smile from jaejoong as his heart became unstable. It was racing endlessly as his body started to heat up. This was the same feeling he get when he was seeing those images of the blonde man.

“Are you okay?” jaejoong asked upon seeing Yunho’s face turn red

“I’m…I’m fine!” he smiles nervously before accepting the other half the bun just then he felt the familiar sting in his eyes. He closed them and started to try and shake off the sting but it wasn’t working.

“are you okay?’ Jaejoong asked upon noticing the painful expression on Yunho’s face.

“y-yea…I’m…fine…”

Yunho started to rub the corner of his eyes as the little sting became the familiar pain he has been feeling these last few months. It was painful to bear as he cursed to himself. He must have forgotten to take those meds that his doctor has given him.

“Oi! Yunho…you don’t look too good?” jaejoong spoke full of concern

Yunho let out a few painful groan as he open his eyes and an image flashed. It was the same beautiful blonde man, he was smiling but it was different. The smile on his face wasn’t as angelic and as cheerful as before. The smile seems to hold a lot of pain…a lot of sadness. In one hand is a mic and on the other hand was a guitar, a guitar that has been broken in two.

“Yunho! oi yunho!!” Jaejoong shouted loudly as everyone else there were giving him the same worry look.

The image that Yunho just saw faded and for some reason the blonde man’s face fitted perfectly onto Jaejoong’s face. The pains in his eyes disappear as everything returned to normal.

“are you okay?” Jaejoong asked

Yunho could only nod his head as the manager came and advised Yunho to go home for the day to rest up. He didn’t want to go home knowing that it wasn’t anything that will affect his work on the long run. Sadly his manager was set on sending him home. The only good part to going home early is walking with jaejoong.

Even though they are walking side by side, neither of them spoke a word. Jaejoong only kept walking next to Yunho eating what is left of his meat bun. Yunho on the other hand continue to glance toward jaejoong trying to compare the blonde man he has been seeing to him.

“If you have something to say…just say it…” said jaejoong who have taken notice of Yunho’s constant glances.

“S-sorry…” he apologized

“no need to apologize…just tell me what is on your mind?”

Yunho hesitated a bit before speaking “it’s nothing really….it’s just that…well…you really look like someone I know…are you sure you don’t have any twin brother or a cousin who happens to inherit the same look as you?”

“I think you asked me that before” said jaejoong remembering the first time they spoke “this person must really look like me if you are asking me that question again…”

Yunho only nodded his head “he and you are a splitting image of each other…there isn’t anything different which is creepy considering that you don’t have any twin brother…”

“well…sorry to disappoint you but I don’t have any cousin who looks like me either…I wonder if I should be worried that there is another face like mine out there…there isn’t anything different between me and this other guy?”

“No…other than the hair color…”

“Hair color?”

“Yea…he has bright and beautiful blonde hair…”

Jaejoong felt this sudden tug inside him as he turns his gaze toward Yunho. If he doesn’t have any twin brother, there isn’t any cousin who looks like him and this guy has blonde hair, could it be him? But that is impossible because jaejoong had never meet Yunho before and Yunho was blind until a year ago.

“What’s wrong?” Yunho asked

“n-nothing…” smile jaejoong “I’m just carious…where…did you meet this guy who looks like me?”

Yunho wasn’t sure how to explain it to jaejoong. He will look strange if he says that he had only seen the blonde guy in images that flashed before his eyes. If jaejoong knew of this, he will most likely avoid Yunho.

“I…ah…meet him 4 months ago…” Yunho lied “he was very friendly and cheerful…I guess…he left a big impression on me…he’s looks like the type of guy who is hard to forget…”

Jaejoong look at Yunho a bit before turning his gaze away feeling a bit disappointed. If he meets this guy 4 months ago then most likely it can’t be jaejoong because 4 months ago his hair was brown “I see…and you haven’t been in contact with this guy?”

Yunho shook his head

“what is his name?”

Upon this question, Yunho started to panic. It’s as if his have dug his own grave. It’s bad enough that he had to lie that this blonde guy he did meet in real life but now he will have to lie about this guy’s name too. This was not how Yunho imagine starting his friendship with jaejoong.

“n-name…uh…his name is…Kim Youngwoong…” he smile nervously

“Youngwoong?” Jaejoong raised a questioning eyebrow feeling like the name has been made up but none the less he shouldn’t accuse Yunho of lying “that’s an interesting name”

“That’s…what I said too…”

They continued down the street in silence as Yunho continue to curse to himself for lying to jaejoong. It wasn’t until jaejoong tap him on the shoulder did he snap out of his thoughts and turn to face him.

“I’m heading this way…careful on your way home”

“You too…” was his only response

Jaejoong glanced at Yunho once more before walking down the street to their right. Yunho stood there in the intersection watching him walk away. He felt something inside him telling him to call out to jaejoong and he did “Jaejoong! Wait!”

Upon his name, he paused before turning to face Yunho

“You…had asked me before why I want to get to know you…why I wanted to be friend with you…at first I didn’t know and because of that you got upset with me…to be honest…I’m still not sure why but…I really do want to be your friend…I want to be able to stand next to you…be able to be someone whom you can rely on for help…it just…I get this feeling inside me telling me that I have to be with you no matter what…If you…can’t accept me now as a friend…I’ll do what I can to change your mind…to make you accept me…”

Jaejoong was taken by surprise because no one had ever been this honest with him. His lip curved into a smile

“it seem you are slow to grasp thing Yunho shhi…I wouldn’t talk to someone I don’t like…I wouldn’t walk with him, offer him one of my ear phone or give him half of my meat bun to someone I consider a stranger…” with that being said jaejoong continue on this way down the street.

No longer having him in his presence, Yunho felt like he could breathe again. Even though jaejoong is just a normal person who goes to the same college as him, to stand next to him is like standing next to a king. Just the aura around Jaejoong makes a person want to admire him, want to respect him and most importantly want to stand at his side as his equal. He gives off a presence of royalty when he is just a normal guy who happens to look like a character out of a fantasy movie. But to have someone like jaejoong smile at him and say that to him made Yunho feel extremely happy. He wanted to jump for joy, he wanted to throw is hand in the air and shout but he didn’t want to embarrass himself.

When Yunho arrived home he was surprise by shim changmin who is in the middle of writing something on a piece of paper. After he finishes writing, he stuck the piece of paper under the door. Changmin stood up straight and wonder if Yunho will even see the message as he turns around only to be startled upon seeing Yunho standing there.

“You…I thought you were working?” he asked

“I got sent home early….what were you doing?”

“I wasn’t doing anything…I was just giving you something”

“You could just text me”

“I tried…I even called you but you didn’t pick up…”

Yunho took out his phone and see it pitch black. He had forgotten to charge it after falling asleep in the living room.

“But why were you sent home early?”

“It…happen again today”

Yunho didn’t even need to explain it as changmin knew very well what he meant. The expression on his face changed to worried

“Are you okay?”

“Yea…the pains already disappear…I had forgotten to take the meds this morning so there isn’t anything to suppress the pain and the images…”

“What did you see this time?”

Yunho paused as he tried to remember the image “he…was smiling…but it was a sad and painful smile…in his hand is a mic and a broken guitar…”

“A forced smile, a mic and a broken guitar…I have a feeling like maybe this blonde guy isn’t a singer anymore…”

“I really don’t know but I can’t quite put it into words about these images…it’s as if I was there…as if he was staring at me…like I was the one who had disappointed him, made him cry, made him sad and made him smile or laugh…”

“But you know very well that it isn’t you…”

“I know that changmin ah…but…when I see him look so sad…see him force a smile…it pains me…it makes my heart feel very heavy…”

Changmin could tell that these images were starting to affect him either in a good way or a bad way. The last thing he wants is for Yunho to fall head over heel in love with these images…with this person whom he has never met before. This is only leading to nothing but heart ache for Yunho.

“Alright…it’s been decided…you will join me later…you my man need to hook up with someone…”

“what? I don’t need to hook up with anyone…I just want to go into my apartment and relax” said Yunho as he unlock his door and open it to only see a ticket on the floor

“This is a ticket to tonight’s event…I have already paid for it so you better go”

Yunho sigh “a lot happen today…I don’t want to go” he said before making his way toward the living room and flop himself down upon the couch. Changmin bends down to grab the ticket and closed the door.

“Something tells me that there is more to just you seeing images”

Yunho didn’t answer at first as he recalls what jaejoong had said to him. His couldn’t stop his lip from curving into a wide smile and covering his mouth with the small pillow acting like a girl who just got confessed to by her crush. Just then he remembers lying to jaejoong. He startled to twist and turn, flapping his arm around and kicking the air in embarrassment. Changmin only stood there a bit startled wondering what have gotten into his best friend. Once minute he was all smiles and chuckle and now he is flopping around like a fish without water with expression of disbelief.

“Tell me…what happen?”

“arugh! I’m so stupid!...just an idiot!...”

“We all already know that…but go on…”

Yunho shot him a glare before sighing “jaejoong came to my work place to grab a few things to eat…we were talking normally but then my eyes started to hurt. I wasn’t feeling that well so my manager sent me home…jaejoong was kind enough to walk with me half way...”

“Isn’t that good…”

“yea…he even stated that we have become friends which is even better except for the fact that I lied to him…I asked him if he had a twin brother or cousin who looks like him…I told him that I see a guy who looks just like him…when jaejoong asked me where I meet this guy…I lied that I meet him 4 months ago and even give him a fake name…I must be the worst kind of human being out there”

“That’s…a weird start to a conversation…why would you say that you have seen a guy who looks like him?”

“Because changmin ah…the blonde guy is a splitting images of jaejoong…this guy that I have been seeing looks exactly like jaejoong except for blonde hair…”

Changmin paused as he looks at Yunho a bit shock. Yunho had never mentioned that this blonde guy look like jaejoong. He can’t help but remember jaejoong who use to have blonde hair. But if this guy in these images is jaejoong then why Yunho would be seeing images of jaejoong? Just whose cornea did Yunho inherited? All kind of question begin to form in his head but he can’t shake off this feeling…this worry…this fear that maybe…just maybe by a strange turn of event…Yunho’s cornea belongs to a dear friend who passed away last year. Just this thought alone made changmin uncomfortable….it made him uneasy.

“oi…changmin…hello” Yunho called out to him snapping him out of his thoughts

“y-yea…what is it?”

“Your phone is ringing”

Changmin could hear the ringing of his phone as he took it out and excuse himself before heading toward Yunho’s bedroom.

“H-hello?”

“What’s wrong? Your voice sounds off” came Junsu’s voice

“It’s…nothing…nothing at all…” said changmin as he turn his gaze down the hallway and see Yunho still sitting in the living room

“well…everything is ready…were you able to get that thing ready”

“Yea…it wasn’t easy…I had to pay extra to get it done today…”

“I’ll just pay you back later…I just hope everything works out as I planned it to be…”

“I just hope we don’t get beaten for doing this…”

“Don’t worry…I’ll take your share…”

“i can’t help but doubt that…” said changmin as he glanced at Yunho again. He can’t stop thinking about what Yunho had just told him. Even though it could be a coincidence that this blonde guy looks like jaejoong, changmin can’t shake off this feeling that it might not be a coincidence at all.

“OI…changmin…yah…are you ignoring me?” came Junsu’s irritated voice

“S-sorry…neh Junsu…I have a question…”

“What?”

“When that guy passed…do you…know if his family donated any part of his body?”

Junsu turn and look at his phone strangely “why are you asking that out of the blue?”

Changmin felt like maybe this wasn’t the right time or right question to ask “sorry…just forget it…I have prepared everything…I’ll drop by later”

“Okay….”

After talking to junsu a bit more changmin finally hangs up before heading back to the living room. Upon his footsteps Yunho turn to face him. Changmin look directly into Yunho’s eyes and felt like these eyes were looking at him, like an old friend was staring right at him from the dead. It gives him a cold chill feeling like he had just been put into a scary movie.

“Who was that?”

“a-ah…its junsu…his band is performing to night to honor a friend who had passed…the ticket was to his show…”

Changmin paused as he thought about jaejoong coming to the show…if anything were to happen and jaejoong did end up singing with this blonde hair…what will Yunho do? How will he react?

“if…if you say you can’t go then I guess I won’t force you…I’ll just invite another friend” smile changmin as he nervously grab the ticket but Yunho beat him to it

“I’ll be going…”

“huh? but you just said that you don’t want to go?”

“Yea…but I was doing a lot of thinking… you did go through the trouble of buying this ticket for me so I can’t just reject it…” Yunho smiled

“…so I’ll go…I am curious as to how good this Junsu guy is…”

Yunho stood up and thanked changmin before going to his bedroom to change without telling him the truth. The real reason why he has decided to go was because its Junsu’s performance, meaning jaejoong might be there as well. Changmin on the other hand felt like something big is about to go down tonight and that isn’t the performance they are about to see.