His Promise

FAITH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Promise me you won’t let me be a shield for us this time! You promise me that before but you failed. This time, it’s my family. You have to take it serious. They’re not as easy as your family. I warn you, Jiyong.”

He look nervous while drove us to my hometown, Jeonju. He was quiter than usual, he kept shook his head for the thing I didn’t know. He seemed like overwork his brain for today case; meeting my family. After succeed with his family, now we have to deal with mine. I didn’t play a joke while I said mine is harder than his before. I knew my father very well, God, even my big brother won’t let it go easily. The only hope he had on my family was Hayeon. Kim Hayeon just a teenage girl who crazy over G-Dragon, she adored him and his music, and his group more than mine. I thought it will be a biggest surprise for her to found out that her only sister will be the wife of G-Dragon. I mean, she could finally be closer than any teenager out there with this great dragon!

“Hey, do you think I’ll get over it? Your dad, I mean..” he looked so nervous, once we entered my neighborhood he started to sweat.

I laughed at him mockingly. “Seriously, Jiyong.. you look so nervous, you even look pale. How could you facing up my dad and brother?”

“Shut up! Of course I’m feeling nervous, I’m about to asking your father blessing for us, not only for dating but marriage! The worst part is you are pregnant, Taeyeon! There’s no one father in this world who want his daughter get pregnant outside marriage...”

“If you do know that very well, I think you must be ready for the consequence. Easy, first deal with my brother, Kim Jiwoong, then to my father. Once you succeed with Jiwoong oppa, you’ll be succeed in one shoot with my dad. My dad trust him so much, beside we’re very close as a brother and sister.”

“God, to think about your big brother even scarier!” he gripped the steering wheel tigher.

“Oh right. My little sister, Kim Hayeon, is a fan of you.”

Once we entered the house, I couldn’t feel the warm and lovely atmosphere that always welcome me everytime I’m coming here. I sensed the tense around my family member, except Hayeon who tried hard not to jump while seeing her big idol, G-Dragon, stood beside me. I tried to calm myself, like nothing happened when my heart had beats faster than usual. I initiated to hug my mom first, then my dad, brother and sister while Jiyong stood still like a statue on his place. I glanced at him and he saw my eyes, like he understood what I said inside my head, he bowed down to my family and greeted them politely. His voice sounded a bit crack, but I didn’t take it serious.

I brought them move from the living room to our family room. We sat and my mom and Hayeon looked so occupied to serve us with a drink. I started asking the condition of every one of them, my father only gave me the right answer for each question, nothing more and less. I saw Jiwoong’s eyes focused on Jiyong who sat beside me. Hayeon came and served us tea, she smiled widely to Jiyong. Jiyong smiled to her too, even her hair tenderly, I could see Hayeon face’s reddened. She rushed herself back to the kitchen and came with mom and sat together with us. After a little chat and drink the tea from the glass, I formally introduce Jiyong to my family. My brother seemed so work on this part, like he waited all the time to finally came to this.

“So today I’m not come home alone. I bring accompany.” I smiled to everyone. “Let me introduce him properly to my family. He is Kwon Jiyong or you probably much know as G-Dragon, leader of Bigbang.”

Hayeon’s face glowing in such unbelievable expression. I smiled to her and winked my eyes and she held her laugh.

“As it is impossibe for me to suddenly bring him to our home without anything to do... so to tell you about that, we’re a couple now. Just recently. Me and him, we are together.” I said with messy words because I couldn’t find any good phrase to say it better.

“Unnie, you and GD oppa are dating? So the news is right? The news from the last year?” Hayeon couldn’t keep shout longer. She bluntly said her mind only to got a glare from Jiwoong.

“Hayeon-ah, did you just call him oppa before?” I , I couldn’t help not to and also to distract everyone, calm them a bit down. Hayeon face’s reddened and I chuckled. “It’s okay, I told your oppa before that he is your idol.”

“Unnie..” she whined while bowed her head down.

“So, back to the main topic... yes, it’s Jiyong, my boyfriend?” I sounded not really sure about the title of him now. “Yes, boyfriend.” I repeated it again to make it sure for them to hear.

I smiled to Jiyong who look so damn nervous, and gave a sign for him to begin to talk. He cleared his throat and greeted my family again for the second time, he also introduced himself to my family as my boyfriend. I listened to him well, honestly I don’t really know what’s inside his head. He only talked to me before about do apologize and ask for blessing from my family member. I don’t know for sure how will he explain about the conditon between us, I didn’t bother to know or even help though. I felt like I have to punish him for the way he let me be a shield for myself in front of his family. Thank God, his family is the easy one, but it’s came to contrast with mine. Absolutely...

“Annyeong haseyo, Kwon Jiyong imnida.” He bowed to everyone. “Please accept my apologize for being rude cause I can’t meet you sooner.”

“It’s okay, Kwon Jiyong-ssi. We know you both are busy.” My mom smiled from her heart that made me felt ease. At least my mom looked so fine with the reality that her daughter was in a relationship with this man.

“Thank you, Mrs. Kim. To meet you all just now in such a condition.. I’m so sorry. We’ve been busy and never think about the condition like this would come very soon.”

“What kind of condition you said, Mr. Kwon?”

He gulped. “First of all, let me inform you about our relationship.”

My father nodded. “Go ahead.”

“Me and Taeyeon, we’ve been together for months. We refused to say that we are in a relationship like dating or what, we just call us as a couple because we together. But that doesn’t mean we’re not serious about it, instead it’s a kind of word to show how serious we are. We are serious about each other feeling.”

What feeling?!

“And because of that feeling, I come here today to meet you, to introduce myself formally as her man. Also.. for asking you all about the blessing, for me, for Taeyeon, and for our baby.”

“What?! What do you mean your baby?” Jiwoong shouted. He pointed his index finger to Jiyong then glared at me with his death eyes. I bowed my head down as I didn’t wanted to confront him. Let Jiyong finish it for us this time, like what he said before...

“First of all, I do apologize for the mistake I did in the past that caused such a big mess in your family, Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim, Kim Jiwoong and Kim Hayeon.” He said all my family full name. “Taeyeon is.. p-pregnant.. six weeks already.”

“What?!!” my father, mother, brother, even my little sister jumped in shock. I could see my father’s eyes narrowed at me then Jiyong several times before shook his head over and over. And my mother who broke into tears while Hayeon hugged her shoulder and patted her back with much sincerity. Don’t mention my brother who totally look like he’s ready to kill this man in front of him.

“I’m so sorry for messing your family and your daughter’s life, Mr. Kim. What I did, indeed the big mistake that you probably can’t forgive. But still, I’d like to ask you about your kind heart to forgive me, forgive us. I know the thing that I did, I probably can’t fixing it up even if I try to for the rest of my life. But.. I’ll do anything to make it better, to ease the pain, the hurt.. that now coming filling your heart...”

“How about the anger?! How could you ease the anger that filling me now, huh?!” Jiwoong stood up and gave me a deathly eyes. “Damn you, G-Dragon!” he said, then in another second the thing I saw was my brother who beat Jiyong angrily.

“Stop! Oppa, stop it now!” I screamed while trying to separate them. I heard mom and Hayeon’s cry got harder.

But seemed like he loose his hearing already, Jiwoong didn’t listen to me and kept beating Jiyong brutally. Jiyong in the other hand, didn’t do anything to defense himself. I glanced to my father who looked so confused and still into his own shock. Jiyong was on the floor while I run to my father and shook his body while my tears were running down my cheeks.

“Appa, please separate them now!” I screamed. And my father did listen to me so he got up and pull Jiwoong shoulder.

But Jiwoong was much overworked himself so it was harder for my father alone to pull him away from Jiyong. I run to them and helped my father by took Jiyong’s body further from him. I was eyeing the blood that spill from the corner of his mouth when helped him get up on his feet.

“Stop, Kim Jiwoong!” my father shouted when Jiwoong about to step closer to Jiyong again. Anger was so in him, sweat was all over his face. I turned Jiyong’s face to mine and caressed his cheek with my thumb.

“Jiyong.. I’m so sorry, I’m sorry.” I muttered between tears. I suddenly felt guilty because I let him do all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter