Celebration

FAITH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Me and Jiyong and my entire family drive back to Seoul. We’re going to hold a little celebration tomorrow night, that was he said. Jiyong assure me his family will be ready at the house before we arrive. They will help us prepare everything.

Yes, yes. A house. One big house with a tall and strong wall and a large enough backyard. One big house with insanely beautiful main bathroom and extravagant main bedroom for me and Jiyong. One big house that has a one big room that been set as a playground for our baby. One big house for us three to sleep. One big house for us three to make a story. One big house of us.

He is at the front seat together with Jiwoong. I sit beside my mom while my father and sister at the back seat. A good thing about a van car, which he bought as a present for me and the baby too, is never feel too small even if you carry many person inside. There’s still a space for a pregnant woman like me to breath. Jiyong is so smart and lovely and that’s make me love him even more.

“Aigoo... My dearest, Taeyeon-ah.” His mom greet me warmly when we enter the house. It such a big house, I can hear my brother and sister gasp in shock when they see how big this house is. “Omo, our in-law, let’s get in.” She greet my parents as warm as she greet me just before.

“It’s been a while since we met.” My mother speak to Jiyong’s. “Are you going well, in-law?”

“Of course. I can’t be happier than this. You too right?” she ask back and my mother nod as the answer. “Right, I went with Jiyong and Taeyeon last time to meet the doctor, accompany them to check up. The baby is in a good condition, Kim Umma. Doctor said we don’t have to worry both about the baby and mother.”

I grip Jiyong’s wrist. I can’t imagine what would happen if they know about my bleeding history not long ago. It’s better to keep it as a secret so nobody will feel hurt and sad. Jiyong stare at me and like he understand he nods while holding back my hand.

“Talking about the baby, isn’t it already twenty weeks? Am I right? I don’t miscount it, do I?”

“Twenty one weeks.” Jiyong nods to his sister. “You count it wrong.”

“I’m going to see the doctor again next month.” I calmly say.

“Wohooo!” Jiwoong jump to me. “Look who said that? Aren’t you allergic with doctor and medicine, Daedae?” he ask with his hand around my shoulders. He keep calling me with my childhood nick name and that makes me feel nostalgic.

I poke his arm.

“Not anymore. At least not for her.” I caressing my belly proudly. All of them send me such a genuine smile for that. Jiyong never leave his hug around my waist.

“Right, her. Is her already have a name?” the conversation goes heater when Dami ask us about the name of the baby. Everyone in that room put a concern toward me.

I look at Jiyong and he show me a confuse look. He turn to our family with a simple-apologetic smile. I do follow him too.

“We’re not yet thinking about that.” He admit. “We just call her baby.”

“We need to find it soon. We’re not going to call her baby forever, beside... I heard you call your wife baby too, right?” Dami winks. “I’m afraid there’ll be miss or something with that ‘baby’ word.”

“How about we think about that now? We’re already together, isn’t it a good idea?” his mom said.

“Let them discuss about it alone, yeobo. They might have their own idea about their first child. We can’t bother them.”

“I’m agree with you, in-law.” My father casually say, be a right hand for his dad.

Then we agree not to discuss about the baby’s name anymore. Thanks for them to remind me about that, I almost forgot. That’s going to be another topic for me and Jiyong later. Maybe a pillowtalk tomorrow night?

So Hayeon and the mothers are busy at the kitchen, preparing lunch for us. Me and Dami working outside, turn a bench and table at the back yard under the big tree be pretty and comfortable for us to sit together and dig in our lunch. The guys are preparing barbeque. Although bbq party usually happen at night, they still can’t resist the desire to have a little party together.

I see how happy Jiwoong and Jiyong talking together while busy cutting and grilling the meat. I see how peaceful Jiyong’s father and mine sit in front of each other under the tree, less talking more relaxing. Dami run here and there from kitchen to the yard, bring out food and more food. I don’t think we are going to eat all of it. As the thought come crossing my mind the door bell ringing.

“I’ll open the door.” I said.

When I open it I can’t hide my sureprise as I’m screaming by the hug of my members. Sunny, Tiffany, Sooyong, Seohyun, Yoona, Hyoyeon, and Yuri all together giving me a big hug now. I’m laughing as my breath become heavier.

“Girls... pregnant woman need oxygen.” I remind them.

Sunny laughing hard and start pull everyone out to give me more space. I ask them to get in and I can see how sureprising it is for them too to see the house. The interior, the size, everything. Right before I close the front door Jessica come unexpectedly together with Seungri. Seungri with his flamboyan style give a friendly hug to each member of mine. I can’t help to not rolling my eyes when he come to Seohyun. Shyly Seohyun return back his hug awkwardly.

“The house is great, Taeyeon.” Comment Sunny.

“The car outside too.” Yuri scream his hearth out.

“Thank you.” I shyly respond. “Well, the food is ready we can go...”

“No, no, no. Not the food yet. Do you think what kind of guest we are, coming to your invitation without bring any gifts.” Jessica stated.

I laugh. “You guys doesn’t need to bring any gift. Your presence here now is a gift for me.”

“Is that what Jiyong taught you as you now have everything in your pocket?” Tiffany faking her bitterness.

“Exactly. We have our money so come in help me to waste it.” Sooyoung makes us laugh hardly.

In the middle of us busy opening one by one gifts my girls bring for me, Daesung, Taeyang and Top come. They comfortably join me and the girls before finally Jiyong come over. He said thank you for the gift to my girls and welcoming his brother with a warm hug and tap on the shoulder. Not long after that the mothers call us out for lunch. Together, under the tree we eat our food happily.

“What is the best part of the house, Tae?” Tiffany ask with a mouth full of pudding.

“Hm... the tree.” I said. They eyes are narrowed at me. “Here, just like this. This is the best part of the house. Later while everybody go home and leave us both, we will have our light conversation here. When the baby born we will bring her here and talk to her like she understand, when she can finally run we will playing tag me here too. Isn’t it beautiful?”

I turn to Jiyong. His eyes widened with sparkling shine. He smiles at me and hug my arm suddenly. “We will.” He whisper on my ear then kiss my cheek.

After some of my members and s leave, there’s only some girls my family and his in the house. Tiffany, Seohyun, Jessica and Sunny are stay while Sooyoung leaving for her another drama shooting schedule, Yoona for her practice for the fan meeting, Yuri for her recording of her first solo album and Hyoyeon for her DJ-ing tour schedule. All s refuse to stay although I can see Seungri is really want to but can’t go againts his hyungs.

Later when the conversation goes wildly between Tiffany and Jessica my phones ring. I excuse myself then walk to my room.

“Kiko-ssi? Are you crying?” I ask, can’t help my curiousity.

“No, I’m not.” She answer while I finally alone at my room.

She is absolutely crying, I know that. But I understand if she want me believe that she is not. I understand if she keep acting stronger like everybody knew she is. So I can’t help myself who hates her for every evil acts she did toward me in the past to feeling sorry and sad for her right now.

I’m counting the time when she goes silent over there. It’s killing me, really. I can hear her sob clearly and for some reasons I feel sorry toward her for her brokean heart. I know, we both don’t want this happen, no one expect this condition to happen right now, but still I stupidly feeling sorry for the thing which out of my control. Oh please... it’s over 4 months since the wedding and we still talking about it like it happen just yesterday?! I think it’s over...

“I’m sorry, Kiko-ssi, my family is waiting outside, if there’s nothing you want to talk about, I’ll hang up.”

“Taeyeon, wait...” she call me just before I hang up. “I-I’m.. I’m sorry. For everything.” She said hardly. I know she just chewing back her pride now. Sadly to say in front of me, the one who she believe as the another woman who stab her heart and take away his man.

“You did mistake but you don’t have to say sorry to me. You just... don’t ever do that again. That’s enough to forgive yourself, Kiko-ssi.”

“Right, you’re right. But Taeyeon-ssi, I really am.”

“Right. I forgive you, but now I have to go. So...” I’m about to hung up when she cut me off. I want to cut the call but she call me again, better like a yell this time. I’m waiting quietely until she finally let a sigh.

“Forgive me and bring Jiyong back to me, I beg you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter