The Game

FAITH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taeyeon?”

“Hello, Oppa. Don’t mind for my call this morning right?” I say, a bit sorry because I’m sure I’m just waking him up by my call.

“It’s okay.” He say between his yawn. “What happen?”

“Can we meet?” I say. My voice is shaking, I can hear it. “I... I just fight with Jiyong because of Kiko. Worsen this time.” I never feel a needed to hide something like Jiyong and Kiko’s story between me and him from TOP.

“Right.” he finally answer me after a second. “Where should I meet you?”

I think not to bother him to bath in rush and drive to far places just to meet me and hear my matters. I think his place will be okay. I sometimes curious about his place too. Jiyong once told me how protective he is with everything inside his house, I think it must be really great. He has a great artistic sense though.

“Can we meet in your place? I don’t want to bother you more.”

“My place?” his tone is a bit higher ‘cause of surprise? “Well, if you think so.”

“Text me the address. I’m already on the cab.”

= = =

I don’t know. Maybe because you have so much money on your bank account or simply because you want to show up or in TOP case because you know what exactly art is. Jiyong’s place in Dolce Vita and Galleria Foret are so damn great. I mean, luxurious, comfortable and.. exclusive? I never have any thought to compare his place with others, becuase his is unbeatable. But the second I step a foot on TOP’s house, I know that this one is better. Jiyong and Top surely has their own taste and style but both are great about thing like... appearance. For house.

“You have your breakfast?”

“No.” I say honestly. “I run away before Tiffany make her breakfast.” I add.

“Come in! I have sandwiches this morning.”

“Do you make it?” as I comfortably walk and sit on the chair at his dining room. He nods and place two sandwiches on my plate. We eat quietly.

After two sandwiches and a glass of american tea. He walk me to terrace at the back of his house. There are a simple-not-so-big garden and a swimming pool. Jeez, he has a swimming pool. I think Jiyong should have one too, maybe later if he finally move out from his apartemen. He has a pool too though in Dolce Vita.

“What happen this time?” he directly ask.

I don’t plan to hide anything from the start so I tell him everything. From all those messages to the absurd invitation, about her words, his anger, the kiss and the last is the call this morning. I think I’d be right just like always but this time I can’t help but silently crying as I tell him the chronology.

“So you leave the house last night and you found out Jiyong is with Kiko this morning? That fast?!” he shake her head while I nod. “Impossible! Taeyeon, I know Jiyong is a but not really that bad. I swear...”

“But the fact is he is.” I talk back as I wipe my stupid tears.

We back in silence as he try to gather his mind and I try not to look stupid by stop keeping my tears on. I finally hear his sigh and I lift my head.

“Okay.” He say with a heavy look. “Let’s call he is, but, Taeyeon, there must be something. I told you, he lovew you. He told you himself that he loves you, right? Even it’s not yet 100 percents, but love is love. 10 percents, 70 percents, just a tiny bit of his heart or whatever the amount is, love is love.”

I don’t respond him. I’m chewing every words he said, making sure not to miss any single mean.

“So what you’ll do now?”

“I don’t know.” I answer right away. “Staying at Tiffany’s place until he finally pick me up? Is that possible he’ll pick me up?”

“Hm...” he stare at me, study my face. “Taeyeon, you want to play some games?”

“What games?” I ask.

“Don’t stay at Tiffany’s place.” He say with a grin on his face. I eye him suspiciously that make him laugh. I cross my hands over my chest, try to look serious for any idea he has in his mind. “Stay at mine.”

“What?!” I yell.

He chuckle then motion me to be relax again.

“Don’t be panic, it’s game anyway. If you want to play a game make sure you make it damn fun, Tae, let’s give him all.”

“Don’t you think that will help? What if that making everything worsen? I mean, you are his buddy, his hyung.. and bigbang is in the process to making a huge comeback this year. I dont want to...”

“Don’t mind me, mind yourself, Taeyeon. Trust me, it will give you much fun. Beside... you’ll know a thing for sure by playing this game.”

“What thing?”

“Is him loving you for real or just saying.”

“Okay.” I finally decided. “I’m in.”

“Alright. Now tell your family and your member maybe about you who will stay here from today. Make sure there’s no fuss about it too. I’ll handle him.”

“Okay.” I nod and bring my phone to call my mom. I borrow his guest room while talking with my mother on the phone.

= = =

“It’s alright if you two fight, Taeyeon-ah.” My mom says on the phone. “Your Umma and Appa does fight alot at beginning. It’s maybe three or four months after marriage we finally can settle up. It’s shocking everyone. The marriage life that they dream is very much different in the real life than in their fantasy, so of course everyone needs the time.”

“What makes you fight with appa that time?”

“Hmm... his snoring habit?” She laugh. “He told me about that before married but I didn’t expect it be that bad.” We both laugh to her story until she finally come to the point. “I don’t expect you and Jiyong to be a perfect couple, sweetheart, the truth is the perfect couple doesn’t exist. But I want you two to try your best in this marriage. You’ll be a parent soon, and I want when that moment happen you two have your mind clear already. Taking care for your child will be much tiring, your marriage life will be three times more complicated. I want you two to try since now... because, how could I say it? You don’t have enough time?”

I nods. Understand very well with her words.

“Right, Umma. So, I want to tell you that I’m not going stay at home for several days. Not because the fight but I think I want to lecture him about a thing. I want him to learn how bad the guilt is, how worst the missing feeling is.”

“So where will you stay? Tiffany’s place?” she guess.

“Hm... yes, of course. Where else..” I laugh nervously.

I call Tiffany right away after that to let her know the plan. She only sigh but she agree though.

“Is everything okay?”

I nods.

“When will you tell Jiyong that I’m here? You’re the one who will tell him about it right?”

“Easy. I’ll tell him unconsiously tonight. We have a meeting to attent, probably the last one before the post producing team fixing the error and the agency release the album. I’ll make sure before the album out you and Jiyong will make up.”

“Okay.” I simply answer.

So that night I send TOP off and feeling a bit weird about that. I mean, I’m not the Mrs nor a part of his house. And also, the memories about me who sent Jiyong off almost every morning during his exhausted time while preparing the album caught me off my guard. I’m inhaling the air and lock the door behind. I hide my body on the guest room I use for nights when I’m here. As I bored, I play the games in my cell phone and get addicted easily.

I almost jump when my phone suddenly ringing and I see Jiyong’s name on the screen. I debate myself to or not to answer that. TOP didn’t tell me anything about the game and how to play it. He just said, he’ll take care everything. The phone’s off only to let TOP’s number appear on the screen. I hurriedly answer him.

“Yes?”

“Is Jiyong call you just now?” he say in whisper.

“Yes.” I follow him, talking in whisper.

“Right. I’ll act foolishly call you now when he is beside me. I’m might be in danger after but that’s okay. We’ll talk comfortably, okay?”

“O-okaay.”

“Yoboseyo? Hey, what makes you hard to pick up? I’m worried.”

“Oh.. hi.”

“Act like you told Jiyong about your whereabout and I’m okay with that because you assure me you told him you’ll be in my place.” He whisper again. I’m about to nod when he suddenly change his tone. “So, Tae, are you having your dinner?”

“Huh? Dinner? Hm.. yes.”

“You know what, Jiyong said he can’t eat because he keep thinking about you, Taeyeon.” He laugh. I hear Jiyong’s voice at the background.

“Hyung? Tae? Are you talkin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter