Winning Games

FAITH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Come to see me, Taeyeon.

-K

 

The message popped up on my phone this morning and keep bugging me until lunch time. Jiyong’s mom and and his sister come visiting us and bring so many food so we gather around the dining table and have a lunch together. Along with the lunch, his mom keep asking me about my condition. I know, she become more worried about me since the news and the letters keep bugging us. Thank God two days after SM and YG make an official statement and SM threat back the bad guy with a legal law and powerful lawyer, they back mum. Jiyong got almost an hour long advice session with his mom and sister right away after they arrive.

“You shouldn’t busy yourself, Taeyeon. You have to rest more.” His mom saying while dragging me to the family room with her hand around my shoulder.

“It’s okay, Umma. I didn’t really that busy, Jiyong never let me do overwork.”

I’m so comfortable to call her mom and his father dad right now. At the beginning it was awkward and felt so wrong on my tounge but not anymore. His mother is a warm kind of person that you can’t help but fell in love with while his father is a care and responsible man just like his son. They usually call me two until three times in a week only to hear my voice and make sure that I’m okay. They come to call me often than they call Jiyong. Sometimes they call me only to ask about Jiyong’s condition, act like their son just living out the space so can’t be reached. Sometimes when the call came up at night, I have to hurry myself to Jiyong’s room because althought it was rare they like to suddenly switch the phone call to video call. I’m minimizing the problem for us, that’s all.

“How do you feel lately? Do you meet your doctor frequently?”

I nods. “Yes, Umma. The next appointment is tomorrow. I don’t really feel anything but like a month ago, after Jiyong’s birthday, we came to check the baby because I’m feeling it moves inside me. The doctor said it’s okay, I’m during the time when her movement is normal. She... the baby just start moving since it’s growing bigger.”

“Oh my god, Taeyeon.” She covers with two hands.

His mom smile happily. The smile on her eyes turn into a happy tears and she wipe it fastly because she see me come to panic to see such a tears from her eyes. I do panic even if I know for sure the tears is a happy ones. I don’t really like to see any kind of tears on her face because it feels like I see my mom crying and I don’t really like that. Beside, the last crying picture of my mom is when she came here on my freaking state because of stress. I don’t want to recall the memories.

“Dami-ah?”

“Yes, Umma?

“Call your father and tell him we’re staying here tonight. I want to come together with them tomorrow to the doctor’s appointment.”

“W-what...” I silently mutters.

Dami unnie who sit lazily with her phone on her hand make an easy move call her dad with only her finger. I freeze as I can’t do anything to prevent them for staying here tonight. It isn’t like I don’t like them to stay together with us here, I sometime feels like living only with Jiyong is a bit too quite. I admit it will be better if I have someone else to talk with because I don’t really like to talk with Jiyong. When we actually talking, that must be when we fight over something. When we actually talking, it’s only because me ranting, bickering or what for his territory because I’m so contain with him when he is not. I do feel like a burden for him sometimes.

Jiyong come and sit beside me, a little bit too close because he want to talk only with me. So he whisper his words and I answer in the same way too. His mom is busy with the phone, her husband and daughter, to notice it. They talk on the loudspeaker but I don’t really bother to hear the whole conversation or to join in, so does Jiyong.

“Ji...” I worriedly grab his hand.

“What?”

I pull him closer so I can talk right to his ear.

“Your mom and sister will stay here tonight. They want to come with us to the doctor tomorrow.” I say in whisper.

“What? My mom and noona will staying here tonight?” he repeat it.

I nods. “What should we do? Where should I sleep then? We’re ony have two rooms.”

“! Your room...”

This apartment only have two bedrooms, one for me and other for Jiyong. I’ve been sleeping peacefully on my own room for this three months. That room is totally like me, everyone can notice it when they enter the room. I mean, the smell, the photos on the table, my skincare and make up on the dressing table. God, even all my clothes are on the dresser in that room. How could we explain it to them when they see the room is totally in use as its function? They could sense something weird or wrong by see all my belonging is there and not in Jiyong’s room. No! Don’t check Jiyong’s room too...

I drag him to his room. As I see around all I get is such a mess. I mean not the real mess like a messy room, Jiyong of course won’t let any dust sleeping over inside his room, but it’s totally look like his roo. There’s no any single thing about me like I never touch his room which is true. I bring one of hand to my head try to thinking about everything I can do to save this day.

“I should... we.. we should bring my belonging here.” I walk toward the door but he hold my hand. “What? You have any idea? Where should I sleep tonight? Jiyong, please... think faster, act faster.”

“Hey, don’t be panic.” he seems not okay just before but now I see something glimmering in his yes. “Of course you have to sleep in my room, beside... they don’t know about your room or my room, all the know is he use one room only. Our room.” he winked at me naughlily.

I stare at him then hit his arm while saying “ert!”

“What?!” he is screaming in protest but I leave him alone. “You sleep with me tonight, right?”

Jiyong acts fast, he excuse himself and run to his room while me stay a little longer with them and provide them with some fruits after lunch. I show them photo albums of mine that I brought to this apartment when we moved in. They look amused by the photos, those are the photos of me and my members during Mr Mr promotion. The last photos album including Jessica in recent times. To having such a photos of nine of us is rare after her departure and become more difficult after mine. After they seems enjoying the sight of nine beautiful faces on the albums I excuse myself to looking for Jiyong.

I rush to my room and, willingly, bring all the frames from the table and the doll Jiyong gave to me in london to next room. I then back to my room again and bring all my skin care and make up and place it randomly on Jiyong’s dressing table. I take a glance to make sure everything seems right, not weird or suspicious. Finally I’m back to Kwon Umma and Dami Unnie and let Jiyong do the rest.

“Umma, if you both going to stay here tonight, just use this room.” I said, pointing the close door of my room. “But I sometimes use this room at a day light when I’m alone and bored to stay at our room.” I purposely emphasize the words ‘our room’ to sound clearer for them. “So it’s a bit mess.. and a half of my clothes are in the dresser too. So...”

“Why? Is Jiyong’s clothes more than yours so you have to give the dresser for him?”

“It’s not like that, Unnie.”

“I know my brother, he is kind of greedy person about three things. Music, fashion and woman. Good for music, he made it loud. Great for fashion, he shoot the roof. Best for woman, he married you. So you don’t mind it and tell me the truth. This dragon, can you come to your sense and give Taeyeon her own dressing room?!”

I chuckle and Jiyong come beside me, suddenly hug my wraist. He rarely show this kind of act for his family. He usually held my hand or place his hand around my shoulder. Nothing more.

“I’ll bring the new dresser for your clothes, babe.” He said a little too soft.

His mom smile happily while his sister squirm with a loud groan. I let a laugh to see his sister stare at us with a combination of unbelievabele and disgust look. His mom suddenly rise up and walk toward us. She hug both of me and Jiyong, her two hands spreaded to reach me and his son. I somehow feel comfortable in her hug, I glance at Jiyong and he looking at me with his dark brown beautiful eyes then he turn to his mom. He pretend to whine like a shy little kid to his mother but I see his hand sneak out to the back of his mom, hug her back.

“Why you buy new dresser? Why don’t you buy new house?! The bigger one.. soon the baby will come too, you have to provide her with an enough space to grow up and play. Isn’t it better to live in the real house like what we had in Dolce Vita, Jiyong? I mean, it’s apartment with a limited space.”

“Mom.. my apartment in Galeria Forret is bigger than this. We can back to move there again, exactly I plan to living here temporarily until Taeyeon give a birth to our baby. Right, babe?”

“No, don’t back to that place!” I even didn’t have a chance to answer Jiyong’s question as his mother stole it. “A half of country know that place, Jiyong, with the recent condition don’t you feel afraid to living there again, leaving your wife and daughter when you work? I don’t want to harm my first grandchild and also my beautiful daughter in-law. Just buy a new house yes? Umma will tell your father about this, he sure gonna like this idea. You too like it right, Taeyeon?”

“Oh...” I glance at Jiyong and he shrug his shoulder. “I don’t think that necessary for this time, Umma. I’m just focus with the baby until the moment she come away to the world.”

“Alright, alright.” His mom pat my back. “We’ll think about it later.”

= = =

“So...”

“Our first night together on the same bed.”

“The second one.” He correct me. “The first one was the night when we convienced the baby, you don’t remember?” he eyeing me. “Oh, finally this time has come.”

I shake my head. “You are ert dragon. But really... That night is blur to me, Ji. I only remember when we drank together at the bar then you came closer and hug my wraist before I pass out? Did I really pass out? I’m not really that drunk right?”

“No, you didn’t. But you really drunk that night. Your alchohol tolerance is low, baby.” He is staring at my eyes longer then finally that creepy expression is out. His face that full of guilt and sorry. “Taeyeon, I’m so sorry... that night... I’m feeling like I...”

“Why suddenly sorry?” I sigh heavily, cut his words. “We closed the topic, right? Even if it is right you took an advantage of me or I’m the one who played the chance to get pregnant by you, we don’t talk about that anymore. Because we agree to forget it and start all new life as a friend or something more, am I correct? We can’t be like this forever, Ji. You told me you love me.”

“You’re so kind, babe.”

“And you’re so evil.” He laugh and I laugh too. “But really, you clearly remember that night? Because I’m not.” I’m so curious. “We drank together but you manage to remember it when I’m not. That’s weird.”

“I’m not really that drunk. I told you, we are different. I have a high tolerance to alchohol while you are not. Are you really want to talk about it now? Because... really  I don’t want to talk about it especially this time when we’re finally sleeping on the same bed together again?”

I stare at his gaze, staying there longer. I sense something wrong by looking there, like he don’t really want to answer it by word but....

“Only if you let me do whatever I want after recall it then I’ll be brave to recall it now.” He said firmly.

“Why? Is it really that strong? I mean... memorable or something.” I’m playing dumb.

I know very well what he was saying, the meaning. He don’t want to recall the memory, not because it’s so memorable so will make him emotional, but because... it must be hard for him to only recall it without repeat it. I mean we’re already on the same bed right now. And I bet it’s been awhile for him too since he is always sleeping at home. I mean, if something like in the daylight inside his studio is possibly happen, then I must be wr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter