Epilogue

One Thread

 

I can't get these memories out of my mind

And some kind of madness has started to evolve

I tried so hard to let you go

But some kind of madness is swallowing me whole

Madness- Muse

 

 

 

 

White.

A stark contrast to the darkness within everyone. It was hard to avoid that shadow behind every corner, no matter how much you tried to smile. Sometimes you just succumb to it, and it ends up being your doom.

 

*

 

It was midnight.

Sehun left his apartment, wearing white from head to toe. He walked down the hallways and received many gasps. His white attire was stained with splatters of blood. Not only his clothes, but his hands were crimson along with spots on his face. Sehun walked, flaunting himself off and ignoring the stares.

He took the elevator down into the streets of Gangam. He walked.

Sehun walked until it was early morning. He sat at a park bench as the sun rose. He stared at the orange orb and pink sky, his eyes stinging.

He sat back in the bench and closed his eyes. He thought about everything that had happened.

“This was just a sad story.” Sehun thought. “Everyone had a sob story. It just happened to be the end of all of them.”

Sehun wracked through his mind and thought of all of the victims. The lives of many were lost in just one day, whether it was through death or by the soul.

Sehun shrugged. Baekhyun had been his victim, but the more the merrier huh?

Sehun closed his eyes. What a misfortunate group of people. Who knew a simple black haired boy could bring so much havoc onto his entire family unintentionally.

To Sehun it was actually better that this had happened. There was no one to track down Baekhyun’s whereabouts, and that meant he was safe.

Sehun stared at the Sun again, the sky fading to its normal, soft blue.

Sehun’s past was mysterious and gloomy. Sehun went from job to job when he was younger. He was once the CEO of his father’s company, but accidentally murdered his secretary during a frisky night. He had fled, stealing his inheritance and ran away from his mistake. Somehow, misery couldn’t leave him alone. Sehun had gotten a job managing a club and one Friday night was mingling with the crowd when he was approached by a very needy teenage boy. Sehun accidentally pushed him away too hard when he hit his head against the bar counter and split his head open.

Sehun didn’t know what happened that night. Staring at the blood on the floor and on his hands, something in his brain switched and instead of feeling fear, he felt…pleasure.

Sehun found that he actually liked killing people. He loved crushing their delicate necks in between his hands, pulling out their hearts and holding them in his fist. And then…he discovered their blood tasted pretty good too.

Now Sehun traveled the world, relishing in culture and finding new ways to destroy humans.

But then, his eyes fell onto a certain boy and his life was never the same.

Sehun laughed and was filled with guilt.

Baekhyun…

What was is that had made him so attracted to Baekhyun?

The first time he had seen him was in California. It was a hot summer day and he was walking on Santa Monica pier. Sehun blinked behind his dark sunglasses and watched the happy families eating cotton candy and enjoying themselves on the carnival rides. Then his eyes fell on a certain black haired boy walking on the pier, the only person who seemed to be there alone. The boy looked like he had fallen right out of a magazine. His body was perfectly lean, and his hair fell just right around his face and eyes. Sehun was captivated by the boy as he leaned against the wooden railing and stared into the sea.

Sehun followed him as he left, unable to keep his eyes off of him. He watched as the boy walked into the wrong side of Santa Monica, hands innocently in the pockets of his khaki shorts as he passed groups of drunken men and grafittied buildings.

It wasn’t until the deed had been done that Sehun actually realized what had happened. Sehun had been following the boy, but the boy had actually been following someone of his own. Sehun’s jaw dropped as he saw a pretty girl with long blonde hair laying on the sidewalk with her neck twisted. The boy turned around as if he sensed someone but Sehun quickly hid himself behind a telephone pole.

Sehun’s adrenaline peaked and his heart nearly leapt out of his chest. It had been the first time in a long time that Sehun had actually felt fear.

Sehun turned back around to find that Baekhyun had disappeared. He gasped, surprised that Baekhyun had disappeared so quickly, especially with a body to take care of.

He was disappointed that he had lost him and was about to walk away when the streetlight flickered and he caught sight of Baekhyun again. He was walking in the opposite direction now, across the street, with the girl’s body nowhere to be seen.

Sehun admired Baekhyun’s speed and continued to follow him. And he did. He followed him all of the way back to his hotel room, onto his flight back to Seoul, and back to where he lived. There he discovered, by hiding under windowsills and in closets that the man he had seen kill that woman on the streets of Los Angeles had many names but only one profession: he killed for a living.

At the knowledge of this Seun could only devilishly smirk, thinking, “How convenient; the man I love murders people for a job while I kill for fun. This can lead to interesting talk over the dinner table.”

 

Sehun had fallen in love with 060592. He had become obsessed with the boy with haunted, dark eyes, who screamed in his sleep from nightmares about his troubled past.

But then 060592 became Byun Baekhyun and was assigned to kill Park Chanyeol.

Sehun had an itching, bad feeling about it when it all began. But he stayed quiet and in the shadows and watched as Baekhyun went to school.

Eventually Sehun became tired of waiting for Baekhyun when school ended each day, so he enrolled himself.

Day by day, Sehun watched as Baekhyun fell for Park Chanyeol, and he couldn’t take it.

Sehun wanted chaos.

And chaos is what he got.

Sehun began to kill on the streets of Seoul. He did his research and targeted people that would make Lee Sooman worried. And he got what he wanted. He cornered Baekhyun right where he wanted him and made him aware that he existed.

Sehun was eager for Baekhyun to kill Chanyeol. With Chanyeol gone, Sehun could finally make his move and make Baekhyun his own. He could finally have someone he wanted to share the rest of his life with.

The night at the party, Sehun tasted Baekhyun’s breath and found out that Baekhyun’s skin was soft and he had flecks of light brown in his irises. There he made it known to Baekhyun who he was and what he really felt for him. It was one of the best days of his life.

Though everything was just prolonging the inevitable. Baekhyun had to kill Chanyeol, but Sehun wanted, no…needed, for Baekhyun to be happy.

Sehun watched countless days of Baekhyun, his once strong and fierce Baekhyun, crying himself to sleep under the covers. He loathed Park Chanyeol for making Baekhyun lose who he was: a strong and formidable murderer with no feeling.

Sehun was conflicted for many days. What could he do to make Baekhyun himself once more? Once Park Chanyeol was out of the way, Baekhyun would be his, yes, but he wouldn’t be himself.

What could Sehun do?

Lo and behold, this is where everything began to get messy.

Sehun, with one last final attempt to save Baekhyun, hid a Ouija board in Baekhyun’s room, accidentally on, hoping Baekhyun would find it tempting to not have to end Chanyeol’s life. Baekhyun wouldn’t be Sehun’s, but he wouldn’t have to end his love’s life.

But Baekhyun didn’t use the Ouija board. Lay, instead intercepted the power of the Ouija unknowingly. Now, Lay had to be powerful to have a demon approach him from such a distance. Sehun never imagined that a demon could tempt Lay of all people.  Lay made a deal that ended up killing all members of his family, where they would be reunited in death. Sehun couldn’t help but wonder what Lay could have possibly thinking with trusting a demon’s word, but that was his prerogative.

But everything else fell into place. Baekhyun had killed Chanyeol, then he was Sehun’s. Even though Baekhyun was wallowing in sorrow, Sehun didn’t care and took it upon himself to make Baekhyun himself once more. With Baekhyun under his arm, Sehun couldn’t be any more blissful.

But once Sehun had him, he couldn’t control himself. He wanted Baekhyun to love him. He wanted to feel and taste Baekhyun’s blood. he wanted to be with him. he wanted to be a part of him.

And Sehun killed him.

Baekhyun had just become another one of Sehun’s victims, shattered, staring at him with dull eyes as their bodies blossomed with blood.

Sehun stared at his bloody hands and closed them. This was one of the first murders Sehun has committed beside his accidental ones in the beginning where he wasn’t happy.

Sehun had killed Baekhyun and he actually regretted it.

He sighed and laid his head back against the bench.

Sehun had not felt remorse in such a long time, and it was just another reminder he was truly human.

Sehun stared at the sky once more. He noticed a white dandelion waving in the breeze a few feet away from him. He stood up and picked it, staring at the white fluff in curiosity.

Sehun raised it to his lips and closed his eyes.

“To Baekhyun…” He whispered, and with more thought to it, he added. “And Chanyeol, Suho, Jongdae, Xiumin, and Kai.”

He blew on the dandelion and the white pieces of fluff flew into the sky.

“Rest in Peace.”

 

 

*

 

 

White.

The dandelion fluffs blew into the vast blue sky. Although darkness exists, it is what makes light what it truly is. The night sky is truly what makes stars shine.

 

Fin

 

 

wooah this rollercoaster of emotions is over! thank you all for sticking through with me to the very end! it's almost been a year now and im very proud to say i finished this project. i love you all so much and appreciate everything you have done for me. 

this is the last piece i will write for this story. i was contemplating writing an alternate ending, but i decided to leave it this way. 

if you enjoyed this story, please leave an upvote! 

special shoutout to danielle and my editor mia aka rat no. 2 aka rat roach. ily guys and thanks for putting up with my dumb .

this is truly the end!