The End

One Thread

 

Please bathe me now, wash me clean

Just set my heart on fire

Like gasoline

Gasoline- Troye Sivan

 

 

 

 

It had begun warming up quickly. The heat outside was stifling and unbearable to even stand in. Winter had gone quickly and had been replaced with a humid atmosphere.

Kris walked fearfully into the Research Lab. He held the piece of paper in the pocket of his light sweater, now soft due to him rubbing it anxiously. Sweat dribbleddown his forehead, due to the heat or his nervousness, he couldn't tell.

He met Suho there with a cup of coffee in his hands, a stack of papers and an open pill bottle on the table. Kris eyed the label in curiosity. Sleeping pills? He had never seen Suho take medication before, but that was beside the point. He turned back to Suho, shoving down his curiosity, heart pounding.

Suho looked up from his work and sipped his cup of coffee as he acknowledged Kris’s presence. “Kris! I just found some valuable information about-“ He stopped talking when he noticed Kris’s fallen face.

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

Kris took the piece of paper out of his coat pocket and dropped it on Suho’s laptop. “This. Did you know about this?”

Suho opened the piece of paper and paled. It was a while until he spoke again. “Your father gave this to you?”

“That’s not what I am asking.” Kris said, growing impatient. His breaths were coming quicker now. “I am asking if you knew. You know why I was here. Did you have this information about my mother all of this time?”

Suho wouldn’t look Kris in the eye. “I didn’t want you to leave.” Suho hadn't even taken a second to respond. It was as if he had taken the sick time to rehearse what he would say in this situation, and it made Kris absolutely revolted. 

“Suho!” Kris shouted. He was angry now, and so utterly betrayed. “You knew all this time and didn’t tell me?”

“Kris,” Suho said, his eyes dropping to the floor. “Please.”

Kris swept the papers off the table in a frenzy, everything flying. The open bottle of pills spilled everywhere, a heap landing in the cup of coffee on the table.

Suho stood up defensively. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. I didn’t want you to run away. I didn’t want to never see you again. I-“

“I don’t care what you want!” Kris yelled. “What I should and shouldn’t know isn’t any of your business! You’re selfish for trying to keep me here.” His voice dropped to a low whisper. “Do you know how long it has been since I have seen my mother?”

Kris shook his head. “And sleeping pills? For God’s sake Suho, how messed up are you?

In Suho’s eyes Kris could see something break. He felt a sick satisfaction at the thought he had hurt Suho.

Kris snatched the piece of paper from Suho’s grasp and stormed out of the room. “No one is stopping me now. I can finally leave this damn prison.”

“No, Kris, wait!” Suho called after him. “You promised!” He cried. Kris thought he looked like a child in front of him, wiping his nose on his sleeve, his shoulders hunched, making him look smaller and more vulnerable.

“You promised you would stay.”

Kris turned back to look at him before spitting out the word, “Bull.”

Kris left and slammed the door calling for a taxi. He wiped away hot tears of anger and ran away as far as he could, away from the building of lies and disappointment. Kris had had enough.

He called for a taxi and slid into the backseat, giving the crumpled piece of paper one last glance before giving it to the driver.

There was just one more piece of hope instilled in Kris and he was going to chase it with everything he had.

 

 

*

 

 

As soon as the door closed, Suho let himself break. His slid down to floor, knuckles clenched white as he grasped onto the table for support. Suho cried, unable to maintain his composure. 

Another promise broken, with another goodbye. 

He had been a fool to believe a man like Kris, with endless opportunity.

He had been a fool to think Kris would be any different from everyone else.

He had been a fool to fall for Kris’s enticing lies.

He had been a fool to fall for Kris.

But he did.

And now he was completely shattered, yet again. It always had to end like this, Suho completely broken and left behind by everyone he loved. 

Suho wiped at his eyes and reached for his cup of coffee. He cradled the mug with two hands and chugged it down, his tears mixing in with the coffee and making it taste bitter. He ignored the abnormally awful taste and stared at the floor as his vision blurred. 

Kris had just been another wonderful mistake.

Suho wept. He could feel himself becoming unsteady and sweating. The world was swirling and his head felt like it was going to explode. Suho’s knees buckled and he collapsed, the mug in his hands smashing against the floor into millions of tiny pieces.

Suho blinked his eyes, but all he could see was red. He closed his eyes, letting the temptation of sleep lure him into its clutches.

 

Kris had been the best mistake Suho had ever made.

 

 

*

 

 

Night had fallen. The streetlights flickered and cast haunting shadows against the buildings and sidewalks. Jongdae stuck his hands in his pockets and walked hunched down the streets, hood over his curly locks and mask over his mouth.

He slunk into the alley by the bar and waited impatiently. He checked his watch. It was 3 minutes past midnight, but his customer had still not shown.

Jongdae sighed and kicked the dumpster in frustration. Who did this guy think he was making Jongdae wait? Who did he think Jongdae was? He is the best dealer in the city for crying out loud.

Jongdae heard footsteps and he grew wary. Something about the air tonight didn’t feel right. It tasted arid on his tongue and gave him chills. He the gun in his jacket pocket as the footsteps sounded closer.

Suddenly a shadow filled the alleyway.

Dae?”

Jongdae stepped behind the dumpster. “You’re late. Keep this up and you’ll have to find an amateur dealer. Don’t ever do this again or you’ll regret it.”

The man winced, but nodded. “Okay, whatever, how much ya want?” He was shaky, his beard long and untamed.

“It’s $20 a bag. $50 if you want 2.”

The man chuckled. “You drive a hard bargain for a kid.”

“I am Dae. I am no kid.”

The man thumbed our a few bags and held them out to Jongdae. “I’ll take 3. Just give me whatever.”

Jongdae took the bills and stuck them inside his pocket, taking out three bags full of .

The man took them gratefully and ran out of the alleyway, tipping his head. Jongdae counted the bills and made his way down the alley, smirking at his day’s earnings.

Suddenly the sound of sirens filled the air. Jongdae was blinded with the sight of lights. He cursed under his breath as he heard a cop shout, “Freeze where you are! Any funny moves and we’ll shoot!”

Jongdae narrowed his eyes at the cars blocking his exit from the alley. He looked behind him, knowing there was a dead end. He cussed as he clenched his fists. There was no getting out of it this time. At this point he would be facing a life time sentence in jail.

Jongdae hung his head and laughed, an overwhelming sense of bravery flowing through his veins. He knew it would end someday anyway.

Jongdae took a deep breath and let it out, the air leaving his lungs raw. There was only wait out of this situation.

Jongdae murmured an apology then reached for his coat pocket.

In one split second Jongdae had twirled his gun between his fingers, raised his arm and shot three bullets into the sky. Jongdae smiled as the cops pulled their triggers. His body was rippled with flying bullets. Jongdae fell to the ground, feeling the blood pooling around him surprisingly quick.

He chuckled slightly, his lungs closing up on him as he tried to breathe.

Jongdae closed his eyes and let the pain subside to nothing.

“Sorry, Mom,” He thought as his mind faded. “I never did get to sing you Happy Birthday.”

Jongdae took one last breath and his body grew stone cold in the middle of dirty, old alleyway.

 

 

*

 

 

Xiumin had gotten early morning that he had been assigned a mission. He had gotten the call from Suho, who explained it was an easy quick-and-go kill. All Xiumin had to do was follow the target home from work and strike. It would be an easy assignment.

It was nearing midnight and Xiumin walked the streets of downtown Seoul. He thought about Luhan who he hadn’t seen that day. He had been too distracted preparing for his mission that he had completely forgotten to go visit him today.

Xiumin shoved his hands in the pockets of his light jacket. This was going to be an unprofessional mission so Xiumin hadn’t bothered to dress in uniform. He the knife in his pocket and caught glimpse of target crossing the street before him.

His name was Yoon Eunbin and a portly man who ran a convenience store close to the Lee Enterprise company building. He walked briskly and Xiumin tailed him slowly, smiling to himself as he began to walk ever so slowly behind him.

The man turned and entered the dangerous part of town and Xiumin smirked. Big mistake.

Xiumin followed him as they passed dark alleys and gangs of young, drunk men. He got closer and closer, close enough he could smell the man’s stifling cologne.

Then Xiumin took the perfect opportunity as they passed by a reeking alleyway full of dumped trash and wrapped his hands around the man’s mouth.

He didn’t even have time to struggle. With a turn and the swift cut of his knife as he slit his throat, the man was dead.

Xiumin smirked as he stared at his handiwork and pocketed his knife. He had beat his record of 23 seconds. Nice.

Xiumin groaned as he reached for his cheek. He had gotten faster, but this time he had been a bit messy, his clothes and face had been sprayed by the man’s blood.

Suddenly the red light of the intersection’s light flared, and someone was passing the alleyway. Xiumin’s eyes opened wide as the person gasped.

Sickeningly, Xiumin’s eyes fell before Luhan, whose eyes were wide and face pale. He took a step back clutching his chest.

“Minseok…” His voice shook. “Is that you?”

Xiumin didn’t say a word; he couldn’t. Everything was just moving so fast and his brain couldn’t keep up with it. The only thing that escaped his mouth was mindless babble.

“Luhan,” He managed to choke out. “This isn’t what it looks like.”

“Kim Minseok,” Luhan’s surprise had turned to disgust. Xiumin felt an electric shock ripple through his body at the sight of Luhan's face distorted face of revulsion. “You’re a murderer, ” He spat.

Xiumin’s breath caught in his breath and then Luhan was gone, running.

“Wait, Luhan!” Xiumin ran after him, able to find him easily as his white barista uniform shone in the darkness. “Please, listen to me!”

“Leave me alone!”

A loud whistle rang in the air.  The train was coming down the tracks, fast. They had reached the train tracks by now. Xiumin caught up to Luhan and pulled on his arm, but Luhan wrenched his arm from Xiumin’s grip. “Don’t touch me!”

“Luhan, please!” Xiumin pleaded, hot tears of frustration cascading down his face. He grabbed Luhan by the shoulders and shook him. “Hear me out.”

Luhan stared back at him and Xiumin could easily read the fear on his features. “Get away from me.” He cried, his body heaving with sobs.

Luhan ran, right onto the tracks.

“Luhan, no!” Xiumin flung himself at Luhan and pushed him as hard as he could, and then the train came.

 

 

~

 

Luhan rolled on the grass and watched the train rumble down the tracks where Xiumin had been standing.

Luhan, dazed and confused sat up, his ears ringing.

The train had gone and Luhan broke down in tears. “Minseok?” He called out, but heard no asnwer.

Luahn chokedon his cries and ran his fingers through his hair. “Minseok?”

Luhan fell to his knees, realizing what he had done. He couldn’t control his sobs. He couldnt gain control of any part of his being. The only thing he could see, repalying over and over in his head was Minseok getting hit by the train.

Luhan had been so stupid. All of this was so confusing. One second there he was, standing in the alleyway finding Minseok with the man’s dead body and now Minseok was dead.

Luhan had made such a stupid mistake.

Luhan laid on his back on top of the tracks and stared at the stars in a dizzy attempt to stare at something coherent and bright.

The only man Luhan had ever loved was gone, and it was all his fault.

 

*

 

 

Kris arrived at the address, holding the crumpled paper and completely stupified.

It had to be a mistake.

The address his father had given him had to be a mistake.

No, Kris was going to close his eyes and open them to a house in the countryside. A beautiful, well-kept bungalow with the smell of his favorite dish being made by his mother inside. He would walk up the path and embrace his long-lost mother, cry and rejoice in nostalgia.

But when Kris opened his eyes, he was still in the same place: a cemetery on the bad-side of Seoul with unkempt grounds and no visitors.

Kris hung his head but lost his sense of surprise. Instead, he felt hollow .

All of his life he had gotten ed over by his father and this one was the last, and biggest one of them all.

Kris took a deep breath and threw the piece of paper on the ground. He took a deep breath and walked into the cemetery.

He walked, row by row, reading the headstones of all the people buried in the cemetery. Kris found his mother in the back of the cemetery, underneath a magnolia tree. Kris sunk to his knees and bowed his head.

Kris couldn’t help but cry. “Mom,” He wept. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry I couldn’t find you sooner. I’m sorry we couldn’t have a happy reunion. I’m sorry, Mom, I’m sorry. I love you, Mom. I miss you.”

Everything Kris had worked for and gone through, just to find his mother dead.

Kris sat in front of the headstone and dusted it off. Suho came up in his head and he felt a pang in his chest.

Kris had made two big mistakes. He had trusted his father, and he had left and broken Suho. The worst part is...there wasn’t going back. He couldn’t fix them and he would have to live with the consequences.

Suho would never forgive him and Kris would never forgive himself.

Kris sat in front of his mother, imagining her holding him and drying his tears.

 

 

*

 

 

It was a lazy day for Kyungsoo. He woke up in the late afternoon with the sunlight streaming in his eyes. He sat up, rubbing his eyes and blinking. He stretched and reach for his phone, which was charging on the bedside table.

Kyungsoo found the person that made up most of his notification was Jongin, his boyfriend. Kyungsoo squealed at the thought of that. “Wow, it’s true. The handsome Jongin is my boyfriend.”

Kyungsoo called him immediately, yawning. Jongin picked up on the first ring.

“You slept in again, didn’t you?”

“Yup. I enjoyed it.” Kyungsoo answered.

“You don’t answer your phone and it gets me worried.”

Kyungsoo sighed. “Well, I’m not doing anything right now. Want to go do something.”

Kyungsoo could hear Jongin laugh on the other end. “I though you would never ask. I already bought tickets for the 4:00 showing of Wonder Woman. You better get ready quick.”

Kyungsoo smiled, his heart swelling. “I’m on it. I’ll meet you at the movie theater.”

Kyungsoo hung up and got ready quickly, unable to keep himself from smiling.

He reached the movie theater just in time and found Jongin waiting outside with a bucket of popcorn and a drink ready.

“I knew you would be late so I didn’t want to risk waiting in line,” Jongin said, and Kyungsoo, grateful, took his hand and they went inside the theater.

The movie finished and they decided they would go have dinner. Jongin took Kyungsoo to a cute diner downtown and they ordered milkshakes and fries. Kyungsoo stared into Jongin's eyes as they ate, wondering how life could get any better.

After they finished it was close to sundown. They walked home hand in hand. Kyungsoo tugged on Jongin's hand. “Spend the night with me.”

Jongin shook his head. “No, no, it’s fine. If I don’t go home my brothers will get worried.”

“Just text them,” Kyungsoo said, making big puppy eyes. “Please? For me?”

Jongin sighed and followed Kyungsoo into the courtyard of his house.

Jongin whistled at the sight of Kyungsoo's enormous estate.“Dang, you live here?”

“Yup.”

Kyungsoo opened the door and slipped inside, tugging on Jongin's hand to follow him. They crept up the stairs and Kyungsoo pushed Kai into his room. He closed the door softly, and when it was closed, he burst out laughing.

They spent the entire night together. They made out to BTS and binge watched Bangtan Bombs, ya know just normal couple things. It was about 3 AM when there was a knock on the door.

Kyungsoo stirred, finding it hard to move under the weight of Jongin's arm around his waist.

Before either of them could move, the door burst open.

Kyungsoo’s father walked in, his hunting rifle in his hands. He scowled at the sight of Kyungsoo and Jongin. “Exactly what I thought.”

Kyungsoo’s blood ran cold and he stood up with his hands. “Father, I’m sorry. I forgot to introduce you to my friend, Jongin. He studied abroad in Austra-“

“Cut the crap, Kyungsoo.” His father yelled. “I wasn’t born yesterday.

Kyungsoo’s mother appeared behind his father. “No, sweetheart, please don’t do anything you’ll regret. Why can’t Kyungsoo do what he wants?”

“Shut up!” Kyungsoo’s father screeched. “This is disgusting. How can we accept this disgrace of a son?! He taints the Do name! Do you know what would happen if the other families in our elite society found out about this? Why, the entire Do lineage would be tarnished forever!”

He grabbed Jongin by the collar. “Father, stop it!” Kyungsoo clung to his father’s robe. “He had nothing to do with any of this. I love him! Don’t hurt him.”

"Don't touch me!" His fahter kicked him off of him and swung the of the rifle at his head. Kyungsoo yelped out in pain as he saw stars.

Kyungsoo's mother howled from the doorway.

"Don't you feel any shame?!" Kyungsoo's father hissed.

Jongin struggled in Kyungsoo's father's grip, but his father threw him into the closet, locking the door. “That’s what you get for corrupting my son!”

Kyungsoo cried and sat, curled up in a vulnerable position. Jongin pounded on the door, barreling into it with his full force. “Kyungsoo!” He screamed.

Kyungsoo’s father stood above him, menacing and holding the hunting rifle aimed at his head.

“No son of mine will be gay!”

Kyungsoo closed his eyes and heard the shot, along with the splintering of wood. But before the pain came, he felt himself fall backward and blood spray, but it wasn’t his.

Kyungsoo opened his eyes and tears stung in his eyes as he realized that Jongin’s body was sprawled before him. A bullet wound in his chest, he twitched on the floor, bleeding.

Kyungsoo raced over to him, his body shaking. He held Jongin's face in his hands and cried out, “Jongin. Jongin! jongin, oh my god.”

Jongin didn’t respond, but just stared at him with his dull eyes.

Kyungsoo screamed and sobbed. He cradled Jongin's lifeless body in his arms, screaming in disbelief. He could feel himself hyperventilating. Everything was spinning out of control. Kyungsoo was holding Jongin's dead body in his arms and was drenched head to toe in his warm, red blood.

Was this really happening?

Was this a nightmare?

The warmth in Jongin's body was being replaced with cold and Kyungsoo sobbed harder. He was aware of his father watching him, his face a mask of shock.

Before Kyungsoo could fully understand everything that was happening, his father barked out, “Do Kyungsoo! You’re marrying Han Jinah next week. No ifs, no buts." Kyungsoo's father turned his back on him, but not before giving one more order. "

Now get him out of my sight.”

Kyungsoo’s father ordered his guards to take Kyunsoo away. Kyungsoo yelled, cursing out a loud “No!” He clutched onto Jongin’s body, his only safeguard. But he was wrenched from his cold grip out of the room.

They threw him in a cold room in the basement with no food or water. Kyungsoo curled up in a ball and shivered head to toe, eyes wide and glistening.

God, his whole life had been ruined in a matter of seconds.

Jongin was dead and he was marrying a rich, selfish next week.

Kyungsoo calmed himself down and leaned against the wall behind him. He closed his eyes and let his dreams take him away. Tears still trickled down his face as he thought of Jongin, the love of his life; beautiful, brilliant, gone.

Kyungsoo would never forget Kai, his warm smile, and beautiful eyes.

Kyungsoo would always love Kai and be eternally grateful.

Jongin loved him so much that he took his own life for Kyungsoo to live and breathe.

Kyungsoo clenched his fists and let out one more guttural sound. Kyungsoo would live and breathe for Jongin and get through everything in life singing his name.

Because Kyungsoo would love Jongin, forever.

No matter what happened in the cruel, high society of Seoul. 

 


 

*

 

 

It was the day.

Baekhyun lay in his bed and stared at the ceiling, wishing he had woken up dead.

It was the day…

Baekhyun had to kill Chanyeol.

Baekhyun rolled over and squeezed his eyes shut. He tried to avoid getting up, but he noticed the numbers blinking on his clock. It was 2:30. It would get too late if Baekhyun didn’t move.

Baekhyun reached for his phone and stared at Chanyeol’s contact name. He clicked on it and held the phone to his ear, biting on his knuckle to calm himself down.

The phone rang, and Chanyeol picked up. Baekhyun heard Chanyeol’s voice.

“Hey, what’s up?”

“Chanyeol,” Baekhyun whispered into the phone. “Can you meet me someplace? I want to show you something.”

Baekhyun could see Chanyeol nodding over the phone. “Yeah, sure. Where?”

Baekhyun gave him the address of the abandoned warehouse where he had been held captive by Tao.

Baekhyun could hear Chanyeol scribbling the address down on a sheet of paper. “I’ll be there as soon as I can. I’ll see you there. Love you.”

Baekhyun found it hard to swallow as he choked out an “I love you,” then hung up.

He buried his face in his hands, his stomach sinking. This was happening, it was really happening.

Baekhyun put on his coat and dragged himself to the weapon arsenal, the shack behind the dorms full of all sorts of weapons, even poisons, that could be used to kill a person,

Baekhyun stared at the walls stacked with guns, rifles, swords, knives, daggers, and poisonous concoctions in the form of pills and liquids. Baekhyun searched through the knives and chose an obsidian black blade that gleamed in the light. Baekhyun stuck it in his coat pocket and called for a driver.

Baekhyun made it to the warehouse in a few minutes. He took a deep breath as he stood outside the building, preparing himself for what was about to unfold.

Baekhyun closed his eyes and steadied his breathing as he walked inside. Chanyeol was already inside, his back to Baekhyun and hands in his pockets.

Baekhyun walked silently behind him, trembling. Once he reached Chanyeol, he tapped on his shoulder.

Chanyeol yelped and jumped. “B-Baekhyun! You scared me!”

Baekhyun laughed sheepishly. “I’m sorry, I thought you had heard me.”

Chanyeol ran his fingers through his hair. “Nope, sorry. This place is really creepy. Why would you want to meet me here?”

Baekhyun in a breath. “I-I wanted to tell you something.”

Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun’s unsteadiness. “Hey are you okay? I noticed you’ve been feeling low lately. Is something wrong?”

Baekhyun took the time to indulge in Chanyeol once more. He tried to memorize every single think about Chanyeol, from the creases of his eyes, the sparkle in his eyes when he looked at him, way his hair fell perfectly, the spot on his nose, to the veins of his arms.

Baekhyun embraced him tightly, tears threatening to escape. Chanyeol wrapped his arms around him slowly, confused. Baekhyun stood on his tiptoes and touched Chanyeol’s chin with his finger. He kissed him softly, allowing himself to taste him one more time.

Baekhyun rested his head on Chanyeol’s chest, where he could hear his beating heart.

“Chanyeol…” Baekhyun’s voice wavered. “I love you. I love you so much. No matter what happens, I want you to know that I will always love you. You are my world, my sun, my moon, my stars. You showed me what it truly means to love. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to love you.”

Baekhyun reached for his blade now and gazing into Chanyeol’s deep eyes, plunged it into Chanyeol’s abdomen.

Chanyeol reeled back in pain and stared at the wound in his stomach in disbelief. The blood spread like a crimson flower on his white shirt. He touched it, his hands coming away covered in blood. He staggered, his eyes wide and frightened.

Baekhyun held the knife, Chanyeol’s blood dripping down the point and onto the floor.

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun, mouth open but nothing would come out. “B-Baekhyun, he managed to say, blood trickling down his lips and down his chin.

He fell against Baekhyun, his arms grasping at Baekhyun’s hunched body. “Baekhyun.” Chanyeol grasped at Baekhyun’s shoulders and stared at his crying eyes. “Don’t cry.”

Chanyeol crumpled to the floor and Baekhyuh, sobbing, crouched over his body, holding his hand.

“Chanyeol, I’m so sorry. I love you so much.” Baekhyun shook, kissing Chanyeol’s hand.

Chanyeol reached out to caress Baekhyun’s cheek, mouthing “I love you, Baekhyun.”

Chanyeol’s eyes dimmed and Baekhyun could feel the life leave him as his body relaxed.

Baekhyun wept over his body, resting his arms and head on Chanyeol’s body. His hands came away dripping with Chanyeol’s blood.

Baekhyun’s vision was tilting and all he could see was red, Chanyeol’s blood, red.

Baekhyun had killed Chanyeol…

Baekhyun had just killed the love of his life…

Baekhyun had ruined the life of a 16 year old boy whose only dream was to make music and escape the life of an orphan, and Baekhyun had taken it all away from him.

Baekhyun was a monster.

Baekhyun…

Baekhyun didn’t know how he managed to escape the warehouse, but he was on the streets, wandering aimlessly. The city lights blurred into one big mess and Baekhyun was lost within himself. Every passing face was blank, every voice mashed into Chanyeol’s last whisper of love. Every time Baekhyun closed his eyes he was haunted by Chanyeol’s corpse lying on the mud floor of the warehouse. Baekhyun could no longer distinguish the difference between night and day, reality and fantasy. Was anything real?

Did he really kill Chanyeol?

Baekhyun sat on the curb and stared as the cars passed by. Suddenly he could feel firm hands on his shoulders.

“Poor baby. You killed him didn’t you?”

Sehun’s voice pulled at Baekhyun’s ears tauntingly. Baekhyun didn’t respond. He didn’t know how. He wasn’t in control of his body anymore.

Sehun chuckled and his grip on Baekhyun tightened. “Get up. You’re staying with me.” He wrapped his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders and helped him stand up. Sehun smirked to himself as his eyes danced with malice as he took the misguided Baekhyun home.

They entered Gangnam to an extremely luxurious apartment building. Sehun never let go of Baekhyun, not even in the elevator.

Baekhyun was barely aware of his surroundings. Everything around him was blurry. The only thing he could see was his own bloody hands. Sehun unlocked the door to his apartment, and as soon as the door had closed, he was on him. Sehun’s fingers fiddled with Baekhyun’s buttons and lips grazed his ear.

Baekhyun lost all track of time. Sehun didn’t let him sleep until there came a point where Baekhyun didn’t know if he was dreaming or not. Sehun played with his body, but Baekhyun didn’t feel a thing.  He stared at the ceiling and occasionally at the red in Sehun’s irises, because it reminded him of Chanyeol’s blood.

Baekhyun closed his eyes and he felt Sehun’s weight on him. Sehun straddled his hips and Baekhyun was aware of the glint of the knife Sehun was holding in his hand.

Sehun held the knife in the air, smiling with a strange gleam in his eyes.

“Baekhyun,” He spoke, his tone scarily soft.

“Say you love me.”

Baekhyun stared at him and blinked.

Sehun took a deep breath, his bangs falling over his eyes and casting a shadow. “Baekhyun…I said,” His grip on the knife tightened. “Say…you…love…me…”

Baekhyun only stared back at him with a blank expression.

Sehun plunged the knife into Baekhyun’s chest.“Say you love me!” He screamed.

Sehun stabbed him again, his face contorted into a mask of rage. “Say you love me!”

Baekhyun couldn’t feel a thing, not even when his own blood began to pool and sink into the sheets he was lying on.

Sehun violently stabbed him repeatedly

Baekhyun's vision wavered, Sehun’s voice fading away slowly.

 

"Say you love me!”

 

"Say you"

 

"Me."

 

"Love”

 

At the sound of the last word Baekhyun smiled as he thought of his love for Chanyeol.

Tall, and built Chanyeol, with a deep brown eyes and a smile that could melt anybody’s heart, even Baekhyun’s.

 Chanyeol…whose hair fluttered in the night breeze as he looked up at the glittering sky full of stars…

Chanyeol, who held him in the snow, their own red thread of fate tying them together.

Baekhyun closed his eyes and let himself go, away from his life full of suffering and pain but also with light and love.

The couple’s red thread of fate…

 

Completely torn.

 

 

*

 

That fateful day, the lives of many were lost and taken. It had only taken one thread to unravel everything. The red thread of fate that had intertwined them all tangled, and was sheared. Such unhappy fate...that was meant to be. The truth was cruel and led to an untimely end, but it had only taken one thread to unravel this knot we call

 

reality.