Under a Clear Blue Sky

One Thread

 

Hello, you came to me

Giving me your shy scent

In my hazy dream

You were shining, dazzling

With a fluttering heart, without knowing

I went to you, step by step

And I stayed by your side

Beautiful 두근거려- BAEKHYUN

chapter playlist

 

 

 

 

It was another restless night for Chanyeol.


He lay on his back in his bed, his forearm resting against his forehead. He stared at the cracks in his ceiling and sighed.

Chanyeol rolled over on his side and pressed his face into his pillow. He traced the initials BBH into his sheets, cursing himself for letting his mind wander again to the boy who was all he ever thought about.


Chanyeol hated Byun Baekhyun. He hated the way he smiled, the way he would shyly laugh, the way he seemed to illuminate everywhere he went, and how he'd tuck his hands into the sleeves of his sweater when he was cold...


Most of all, Chanyeol hugged his pillow to his chest, He hated the way Baekhyun made him feel.
He had never felt this way about anyone before, especially a boy. Not that that really mattered to him, anyway.

Chanyeol blew a piece of hair from his eye. He felt so helpless when Baekhyun was around.  He snuggled deeper into his warm sheets and felt a chill down his spine.

Chanyeol was afraid. Why was it that he felt this way?

Was it love?

Chanyeol nearly laughed aloud. He had been deprived of it all of his life. Chanyeol had never experienced love in any form of fashion. Of course, he had seen movies, he had seen it affect people around him, but never had he encountered it himself. That was the reason why he was stuck in an orphanage, wasn’t it? His parents didn’t love him enough to keep him…

Chanyeol closed his eyes. He had always dreamed of leaving and finding the person who would make him whole again, and show him what love was.

Chanyeol felt a pang in his chest.

Was Baekhyun the person who would make him stay?

 

*

 

Kai paced the basement back and forth. A long time ago he had converted the basement into his own secret sanctuary. He had fixed the leaky pipes and polished up the cement floor to make it into a perfect place to fulfill his passion- dancing.

He loved dancing more than he could ever describe. Moving his body any way he liked sent a pleasurable thrum through his body. He danced when he was feeling down, he danced when he was happy, he danced when he was worried; he pretty much danced whenever. Sometimes, when he couldn’t sleep, he twirled and moved by the light of the moon that filtered in through the grimy basement window in the corner.

Kai hadn’t told anyone about this, not even Xiumin, Lay, or Baekhyun. No, Kai corrected himself. He had a suspicion Baekhyun knew, but it was hard to tell. Baekhyun was extremely difficult to read, but despite that, Kai was grateful to him that he didn’t say anything about it.

Kai could feel a pleasant humming in his chest. He lifted his arm and let the rhythm within him move him.

Right now he was thinking and mentally beating himself up. He thought about what he had told Kyungsoo the other day. What was he thinking? He couldn’t possibly meet the boy in real life.

Kai took a step forward and flipped his hair, letting the sweat drip off of his biceps. Kyungsoo was too innocent. He had so much going for him. Kyungsoo was valedictorian, with a perfect 4.0. He was incredibly intelligent and pure, and meeting Kai would just ruin him.

Kai was a murderer. He destroyed families, and got paid for doing it. He didn’t second guess his actions. He slithered his way into everything and got everything he wanted. Kai had everything he ever wanted…

Except Kyungsoo…

The words found themselves in Kai’s thoughts, and he immediately shook it away. No, he couldn’t afford to think that way.

Kyungsoo couldn’t associate himself with Kai in any way. He had to get into a good university, and marry a good woman who was equally as intelligent and beautiful.

Kai snapped out of it. Why did his mind turn to thinking about marriage?

Kai rolled his head back and sighed, kicking his shoe against the cement and pilateeing across the basement and landing perfectly, twirling.

Kai shook the thought from his head. He continued to move, focusing on the position of his body and aiming for perfection.

Kyungsoo shouldn’t chase a guy who won’t even notice him, Kai thought angrily. A pulse of emotions barreled through him and gave him an immense amount of energy. He moved even faster now, the basement was a blur as his limbs moved as if they were liquid, smooth and precise.

Kai stopped in his place, pausing to gaze at the moon through the window. It stared back at him, distorted and imperfect.

Kyungsoo…Kai hung his head. No one out there in the world deserves you, he thought, a sliver of jealousy hitting him.

Only me.

 

*

 

Chanyeol had a dream that night.

First there was darkness. It suffocated Chanyeol and paralyzed him. He would scream, but no sound ever uttered from his mouth.

He could only hear the faint sound of someone crying. The cries caused Chanyeol to feel pain radiate from his body. It hurt him to hear the other person in such sorrow.

Suddenly there was movement. Chanyeol could see light. He felt a silky warm touch graze his cheek. Chanyeol melted in bliss. The touch was so heavenly, yet so tantalizing. The hands felt familiar and his body. Chanyeol was able to move now, and wrapped his arms around the person, but the image vanished. Chanyeol felt something break inside of him, and was shook awake.

Chanyeol fell from his bed, kicking his tangled sheets and falling face first onto the floor. He groaned and untangled himself, sitting down on the floor. He gripped at his head, his sub conscious still trying to get into his “awake mode.”

Chanyeol sat there for a moment or two more, mulling over what he had just experienced, and why he felt so empty. He scratched his head and sighed. He always did have crazy dreams…

Crazy dreams about a certain boy named Baekhyun…” He thought. Chanyeol flushed and gripped a pillow to his chest, embarrassed, but still excited at the thought of Baekhyun ever touching him in real life…

Chanyeol loosened his grip on the pillow, confused.

Was this feeling truly love?

Chanyeol stood up and threw off his sheets. “Well there’s only one way to find out!” He spoke aloud.

Chanyeol righted his clothes and flung the door open.

He smiled and got ready for school.

 

*

 

Time seemed to pass too slow for Baekhyun. All he wanted was to see Chanyeol… His body ached when he wasn’t around, and it seemed as if the atoms that made him itched to be with Chanyeol. Baekhyun was constantly tapping his fingers against the constricting desk or tapping his foot against the tile. He had missed him this morning, and he didn’t think he could take not seeing his face.

When the bell rang for lunch, Baekhyun nearly hit Kyungsoo upside the head when he took forever gathering his things. Baekhyun waited with his hands planted on his hips and he fought the urge to rush the smaller male as they walked in the hallway.

Baekhyun nearly sprinted up the stairs, Kyungsoo lagging behind. He shoved the door open and breathed in the fresh air as he walked outside. The sun was light on his skin, and not too bright either.

Baekhyun stood and stared at the sky. It was a sea of blue, with not a wisp of white to be seen.

What a perfect sky… Baekhuyn thought, smiling.

The world seed to change when the rooftop door opened. The air shimmered, and everything distracting fell away, including Jongdae crying because he stubbed his toe on the door.

There was only Baekhyun and Chanyeol, and the clear blue sky.

Baekhyun’s heart nearly burst out of his chest. All he could do was…feel. He couldn’t describe the raw uncontrollable feelings, but they came up hard in his chest and it was difficult to suppress them.

The wind whipped about them, ruffling their hair and clothes. The sun shone on them, casting a perfect light.

 

Chanyeol looked godly standing there. It seemed he was standing in a heavenly light, his skin incredibly illuminated. His eyes were bright and playful. Baekhyun couldln’t bear it. Chanyeol was everything he wanted and needed.

Chanyeol was everything to him.

Chanyeol was Chanyeol.

Chanyeol was stupid and awkward. Chanyeol was handsome and kind.

Chanyeol was perfect.

Chanyeol was perfect for Baekhyun.

Baekhyun’s eyes watered. His heart was swelling now, and he let it. It inflated like a balloon, ready to burst any minute. His stomach was in his throat, and he liked the feeling.

He loved the way Chanyeol made him feel…

He loved Chanyeol.

Baekhyun let a tear slide down his cheek.

Baekhyun was in love with Chanyeol.

 

*

 

When Chanyeol hit the rooftop, he was met with a magnificent sight.

Baekhyun stood there, waiting for him.

He looked absolutely divine standing there. Chanyeol felt electrified staring at his immense beauty. Baekhyun’s bangs covered his dark eyes, his pink pouty lips slightly parted. His skinny, but surprisingly muscular frame stood out prominently against his clothes,. He glowed like nothing Chanyeol had ever seen before.

Chanyeol couldn’t take his eyes off of the boy before him, not even when the rooftop door slammed behind him. Chanyeol could stare at Baekhyun all day. His eyes never got tired of taking him in, a little bit at a time. Baekhyun filled him up more than any other food or drink could ever fulfill his body’s needs.

Baekhyun set him on fire…

Chanyeol’s chest was aflame at the sight of the perfect angelic boy before him. It seemed as if Baekhyun was truly wearing a halo, a ray of sunshine pouring on his head. Baekhyun had to be a blessing from heaven to Chanyeol…

His limbs tingled and he had never wanted anything so bad before… All Chanyeol wanted was to hold him, and love him…

Chanyeol felt as if he was flying. The concept of his burdens had disappeared. All that existed was Baekhyun and nothing else. He had never felt so weightless before.

Baekhyun was all Chanyeol ever wanted.

Baekhyun was intelligent and always there. Baekhyun was kind and worried about him. Baekhyun was funny and obnoxious. Baekhyun was perfect.

Baekhyun was unattainable…

Chanyeol’s head was swimming in emotions and he couldn’t place a thought to anything within him. He felt as if he were going explode, something churning deep within him.

Baekhyun stared at him, a tear rolling down his flawless face.

How could someone so perfect and pure possibly exist?

Chanyeol could feel his lips part, and his cheeks grow hot in awe.

How could Baekhyun exist just for him?

Chanyeol was lovestruck.

He was falling, falling deep into something he knew he would never be able to crawl out of. Chanyeol was falling into a trap he didn’t think he wanted to escape.

Baekhyun made Chanyeol’s insides go soft and his fingers lose feeling.

Baekhyun was the one for Chanyeol. He could feel Baekhyun resonate deep in his soul and in the marrow of his bones and being.

Baekhyun was everything Chanyeol ever wanted.

Chanyeol was in love with Baekhyun.

 

*

 

And it was at this moment that Baekhyun and Chanyeol fell in love, under a clear blue sky.