CH 2

what are we?

Im home after a long day.

"Chaeng Chaeng ahhh. How is your day, honey? Did you make friend?"

"Mom. Stop calling me that name. Suprising I made friend already mom. Hahaha"

"Really???!! My baby has make friend?"

"Yes mom. AND IM NOT A BABY"

"Darling. We are going to have dinner with our neighbour tonight. I met them this morning and they are so friendly."

"Are they friend or you that overfriendly. mom?"

"They said they has daughter with your age. You should be friend with her, you know."

"Seriously, mom? You know how your son is right?"

"Anyway, get ready for tonight ok? I dont want to be late"

"Yeah mom. Sure sure."

That night

My family walk out from our house and go to our neighbour house. I read the name plate of the house. Myoui's Residence. Why does it sound famililar? Could it be.. Nahh. Maybe not. My mom ring the bell and wait for the door to open. It seems like my prediction is correct when I saw a familiar red hair open the door for us.

"Mrs Son. Please come in. My mom already set up the dinner."

I just nod awkwardly to the red hair as I pass her to get into the house. Their house is slightly different from us. Our layout slightly British style while their house more to Japanese style.

"We are from Japan if you wondering." ahh. so thats why their house like this. I nod aknowledge it.

"How long had you been here?" I start a conversation.

"Almost 10 years. Since I were 7" "Wow. You're practically Korean now." "Kind off"

We all take our seat at the dining table and start our dinner. I learn that Mina has a brother and embarassing story of her. I accidently laugh loudly when I heard she cried when her brother called her penguin and I received a deathly glared from Mina. Now the table turn round. My mom start to exposing my embarassing story which start from my height and more. Mina then laugh loudly at me.

"I dont know you can laugh that loud" which shut her up. Mr Myoui then said "Both of you should walk together to and from school. It must be good to have company" which get support from my mom "Yes, yes. Our Chaengie is so shy. Being with Mina should relax my heart from worry about her". Mina chuckle at the word 'Chaengie'. "Mom. Seriously. How much more you want to embarass me?" "What? I just state the fact.Mina, you wouldnt mind to walk with my son right?" "Sure, Mrs Son." The parents continue to chat until I had to stop them because the clock now showing 10pm. And Mina and I still have homework to do. So we excuse ourself and we go back home.

The next day

"Dont forget to walk with Mina today, Chaeyoung" I roll my eyes and go out from our house. To my suprise

"Ouh Mina. Good morning." "Good morning Chaengie" she smirk. "Dont start it, penguin." I smirk back. Then we both laugh. Who thought that we can be close this fast. 

As we walk into the school, I notice most of the eyes are on me. Mina just ignore the others make me doing the same. It go worse when we enter the class, I could hear whispering from my classmates. Maybe they just gossiping.

"So, Chaeyoung. You date with Mina?" Dahyun ask as soon as I sit.

"What?! No! She is my neighbour." I answer with suprise face and I more suprise that the whisper become louder as I hear "wow they are neighbour" "this is interesting"

Same goes during recess hour. All eyes are on me when I sit with Mina at canteen. This make me ask, "Did I do something wrong? Why everyone is looking at me?" "Nothing. Just ignore them." "I cannot ignore them! They like er give me a death warning" "Just ignore them." "Hey." "Shut up will you" "I just want to ask if this school has basketball club" "Ouh. Hm. There is. You should ask Dahyun later." "Ouh. OK."

"Dahyun-ah. Do you know about basketball club?"

"Ah. Of course. But better you ask Tzuyu about it. He is the club." Tzuyu. He is in our class. I donno that he is in the club.

"Can you ask for me. You know Im quiet shy to ask him" I ask her with my puupy eyes. Dahyun just roll her eyes.

"Tzuyu-ah!!! This smol guy want to ask you about your club" she shout toward Tzuyu who is flirting with I donno who which the latter then walk toward us.

"Shoot. Can you just ask him quietly" I hissed at Dahyun.

"Hi smol guy. So you want to join basketball club?" Tzuyu ask.

"Er. Hm. Yes. Can I?" "Sure!! We gladly receive new member. Come to the court after school later. Meet you there!" then he just walk away.

So I guess Im in the club now. Luckily I brought extra shirt in case they ask me to play today. I whistle happyly and walk to the class as the bell ring indicate the recess hour is over.

After school

"Hey Mina. I wouldnt go back with you today. Need to go to the court. Dont tell my mom I didnt walk with you will you" "Ouh. Im not going home either. I have dance practice after this." "Cool. Btw. Where is the court? I forget" "Duh. The court of course in the gym." "Ouh! The gym! Thanks Mina! See you later" I dash out from class and go to the gym.

I open the gym door to only see four boys at the bench. One of them is holding the ball.

"Hey smol guy!! You came. Come here" Tzuyu call and I walk to them. "So this is Jungyeon hyung, captain. Momo hyung. Jisoo hyung. And me of course you know. And hyung deul, this is Son Chaeyoung. New guy" i shake hand with all of them.

"GUYSSS! FINALLY WE HAVE 5 MEMBERS! WE CAN JOIN THE COMPETITION!!!! GROUP HUG GUYSSS!!!" the captain say happily and I am pull for a group hugs. Of boys. Seriously?

"Thank you, Chaeyoung for joining us. You donno how long we wait for new member to join us. And now we are able to join all the competition" Jisoo hyung said while still hugging me.

"Let the smol guy breath, hyung. Now. Let me explain to you, smol guy. This club is the most unfamous club in this school. Most of them prefer dance club since there are a lot of hot girls which including our captain's girlfriend" "Yahhh. Yoda!!!" ignoring the captain "so as you can see. we are the only one in the club. so we cannot join any competition since we are out of number. thats why we are happy when you join us, smol guy." ok that explain everything. "Guys. Can we start playing now. My adrenaline is super high right now. And i cant wait to play" Momo hyung said. "Sure. Let this smol guy changes his cloth first". So i go to the locker room and change to my sport shirt, short, and my sport shoes.

We play until late evening. This guys are dope. The captain with his super dribbling and fake skill. Momo hyung with his crazy layup skill. Jisoo hyung with his marvelous 3 pointer. Tzuyu with his power jump and rebound. I can see their teamwork. It just unspoken. Im here just a normal player.

"Hey smol guy. Your skill is so WOW. Nobody can pass through Jeongyeon hyung. That layup and 3 pointer too." Tzuyu look at me feeling amazed. So do the other. They look at me feeling satisfied and proud.

"Now guys. Let wrap up for today and meet tomorrow." the captain closed the session.

We walk out from the gym and see a group of maybe the dance club. I see someone waving at our group.

"Hyung. Your girlfriend is calling for you" "Shut up. She is not my girlfriend"

"Jeongyeon-ahhhhhh!!" the waving girl walks toward us. "Gosh. Why does she has to come here. Lets run guys. 1, 2, 3, run" then they all run leaving me blur.

"Damn that ostrich. Ignoring me again. And look at here. Who is this smol guy over here" she wink at me. Then I see Mina behind her. I have this help-me-with-this face when our eyes meet.

She cuckle before saying " Unnie. This is the new transfer student."

"Ouhh. New student. What is your name, new student"

"Er. Hm. Ssson Chaeyoung" wth, why did i stutter.

"Chaeyoungieee. Cute" she wink again.

"Yahh. Im Nayeon!! Dont bother him! Gosh you damn rabbit." captain to the rescue.

"Why you ignore me, Yoo Jeongyeon" "You are annoying me" "Seriously? Dont you miss me? "NNnwwwwooo. Never!" they continue to quarel.

"Ignore them. They are just like married couple" Mina said. I just nod while look at the quarel couple. By then I saw Tzuyu, Jisoo hyung and Momo hyung staring at the rest of the dance club.

"This is Sana unnie. And of course Dahyun, your classmate. In case your friends over there ask" I shook my head toward Mina, looking at the person beside her. I bow a little and then walk to my teammates. 

"Smol guy. What Mina said to you?" Tzuyu and Momo hyung surround me while Jisoo hyung just ignore them. "She said" i can feel their enthusiastism, smirk "Nahh. I wont tell you. If you want to know, you should ask yourself" i can feel their frustration and they start to hit me. Preparing for impact but impact fail. I open my eyes to see the boys standing awkwardly and the girls are behind me. Hah. i thought so. "Mina. My friend and hyung here want to know your friend and unnie." I smirk looking at the boys and they just jerk their eyes with i-will-kill-you face. "I told you already" Mina roll her eyes. "Well..." I feel someone shut my mouth and drag me away.

"Are they normal?" i can hear Sana noona said. Mina just shrug her shoulder.

"She told you their name right, smol guy" "Please can you tell us" "Come on smol guy" they keep begging me. Pity them. They must have trouble talking to the girl jusat like me. "So the blonde girl is Sana noona. The one with colourful hair at the end is Dahyun" i can see their eyes are fill with graetefulness. They say thank you and just walk away leaving me behind. Again. Jisoo hyung is walking with one of the dance club member. "They are twins" "Gosh Mina. Are you reading my mind or what?" Seriously Im shock everytime she did that. Dahyun and Sana noona already left for their home, leaving me and Mina. Yet we are keeping our parents wish for us to walk together.

"I didnt know you are in dance club" "Well now you know" "I thought you didnt like to talk?" "I thought you are same?" "Maybe I feel comfortable with you" "Maybe"

And we seperate when we reach our house.


a/n: so jisoo hyung and jihyo unnie are twin. i feel bad when i read jihyo is the only one without partner. i least she has someone here. 

guys. did you watch twiceland olredi. i just watch they cover pretty u and overdose. poor mina make mistake during pretty you. but nevermind. you still pretty mina!!!

with that.

byong!