CH 6

what are we?

The girls already spoil their song during Idol Sport Championship. They sure love to spoil.


Baketball Tournament Day

Chaeyoung POV

I pack my things and go to the kitchen to have my breakfast before go to sports center. "Mina? What are you doing here this early?" She looks like the owner of the house. "My mom ask me to give some food for you. And now your mom ask me to go with you." "Aigoo. You dont have to if you dont want to come." Hm. At first the unnies want to go together. But suddenly they say they will go by their own. So thats ok." "But." "Eat fast. We gonna late." I start to think. What should I do. We walk to school "Why are we going to school" "Well. Er. What I want to say is.." By then I see my teammates already at the school and with them are the girls. I gasp. The boys all have the same expression with me. Talking with our eyes about what should we do later. "What are you guys doing?" Dahyun ask. We donno what to say. "Nothing" we say. "What should we do now. We cannot chase them away." we whisper to each other. "You know. You guys are suspicious right now" Jihyo sunbae say. And to our fear our transport is here. It is a mini bus with 8 seats. "Now I know why you look guilty this morning when I ask to go with you." Nayeon sunbae say to Jeongyeon hyung. "Thats ok. We can ride public bus. You guys should go first since you guys need to prepare." Sana sunbae say. "No no. Thats ok. Ride with us. It will take time to go there by public bus. You girls are already here. Just get on the bus." Jeongyeon hyung say to the girls. The girls seems to think hard but we all force them to ride with us. We put our balls and bags at the two front seats. Now. There is only left 6 seats for 10 people. "Mina. Seat here." I pull Mina and make her sit on one the seat. That girl want to go against me but I pull her hard. The other also struggling to make the girls sit. Sana sunbae is resisting hard at Tzuyu which make Tzuyu lifts her up and put her on one of the seat. Jeongyeon hyung push Nayeon sunbae's shoulder hard to make sure that she didnt stand up. Jisoo hyung is threating Jihyo sunbae with something which make the girl sit quietly. Momo hyung also pull Dahyun to one of the seat and stare at the girl hard making the girl silence and sit with her head down. Momo sunbae sure is cool. The bus start moving. We are looking at the one seat. "Should we sit together?" Jeongyeon hyung laugh. "Should we?" Momo hyung smile. We all move to that one seat. Tzuyu seat with Jeongyeon hyung at the bottom. Momo hyung and Jisoo hyung sit on their leap. And me on top. "We are soo crazy" we laugh. The girls are looking at us weirdly. But it didnt last long. Our trial to sit together is an epic fail. We laugh loudly. My stomach also cramp from that hard laugh. "Are you guys out of your mind? Sitting together on one seat?" Nayeon sunbae looks at us amusely. We keep laughing. "You can sit if you want to" Sana sunbae want to give her seat to Tzuyu but the yoda push her back. "Im fine. We just playing around." We stand in the bus for another 20 minutes before arriving at the sport center.

"Guys!! You are here!! Eh. The girls are also here?" that is Miss Byul for you. She keep being our supervisor for this tournament. "Girls. I already said that the love is.." The girls quickly shut and drag her away. "Whats up with them?" Jeongyeon hyung ask with a frown. We just shrug looking at the girls. We move ourself to the locker room and get ready for warm up. We jog around the court. Stretch. Shoot a few balls. We stop when the tournament start. We are playing the first game. "OK guys. We can do this. Remember to enjoy yourself. Soshi on 3. 1! 2! 3!" "Lets go Soshi! Lets go!!" we chant and take our position. I take a deep breath. Please dont dissapoint me this time, my back. BEEP! The game start. We lose the touch ball and the opponent start attacking first and score the first ball. But it didnt last long. We start leading the game and the last whistle beep. We win 54 against 48. Since this is a week tournament so we done with our game for the day. Our next game is tommorow after school. Someone hit my back. I jerk. "Good play kid! Now lets go to eat." Momo hyung shout which receive a scream from the other. I just keep myself cool, fighting from my backpain in my mind. Damn. It getting worse this days. We wash ourself and walk to the restaurant to have our lunch. The girls are also with us. We keep getting closer to each other since we start dancing together. 

Our group now are a loud group. We keep laughing and talk to each other during the lunch. I didnt really anticipate with their conversation. "Hey. Chaeyoung-ah. Are you ok?" Mina look at me. I just smile at her and excuse myself saying Im tired and want to go first to rest. I pay for my lunch and walk back. As I walk, there is someone walking beside me. "You hurt your back again didnt you?" I dont want to argue with her. She just sigh and keep walking on my side. She understand that I dont want to talk about it. I dont want to worry her. "Dont worry. I will eat the painkiller later." I stop. "Mina. Can we stop by the park first?" she look at me. "Sure." We ride on the bus to our neighbourhood and go to the park near our house. We didnt talk along the way. We sit on the bench. We still didnt make any conversation. I lay on her leap. She shock. "Can you stop moving. I want to rest a bit. I dont want to look sick when Im home." "You should tell me earlier" "Sorry. I dont to worry you guys. You and the team might stop me from playing if I tell you guys." "Can you take care of yourself first before others?" "Haha. I still have you to babysit me" "What can you do without me?" we laugh. "Haa. What a hectic weekend. And there is school tomorrow." I sigh. "Yeah, I know." we chat a little bit and go back home when I feel better. "Bye Mina. See you tommorow." We bid goodbye.

Jeongyeon POV

Today is the 4th day of the tournament. This game will indicate either we will go for final or not. I pray hard to let our team win this game. The last 4 minutes before the game end. We still leading with 4 points. "Focus guys. Dont let your guard down." 3 Minutes left. We score a few more points but the opponent are chasing us. 2 minutes left. THUD! "Chaeyoung-ah!!!" we run to the latter. He fall hard on his back and not moving for a while. "Hey. Wake up!!" We shake that kid. He wake and try to stand up. He stragger a bit. I ask for time out. Momo and I help Chaeyoung to our bench. "Chaeyoung-ah. You should stop. We will play with 4 members. We still leading and there is only 2 minutes left. We can hold for defense." I say to him, the others agree. "No no. Im fine. Im just shock just now. I still can play." "But" "Hyung. I will play." he say with force. We just glance to each other and have no choice as the reff blow the whistle. "Make sure you dont push yourself to much. Tell me if you hurt. I'll switch with you." The latter just nod and we go back into the court. I change glance with Momo and Jisoo. They nod. They know want I mean. Momo and I colobrate and score more point. Jisoo on the other hand double screen with Chaeyoung whenever the opponent start attacking. The final whistle blow. We win 72-66. We rush to the locker room."Chaeyoung-ah. Are you ok? Is it hurt?" I ask worry. "Hyung. Its nothing." "You said its nothing? You fell hard on your back!" Tzuyu shout at him. "Calm down, Yoda. Ok ok. Its hurt a bit but I still can manage." "Are you sure? Do you need to go to the hospital?" JIsoo ask. "Hyung. Come on. We all fall in a game. This is normal. No need to check for it." "He sure is a brickhead," Momo add. "We should let him rest for today. We still need to play tomorrow. I dont want him to hurt more. So we cancel our training tonight and just rest. We need to keep our energy too. It wont be easy to go against OMG High School. Now. Lets wash up and go back after this." I say. My eyes follow Chaeyoung's movement. He looks like having a hard time. The others also look at him. We take glance at each other and look again at Chaeyoung again. "Hey Chaeyoung. Can we sleep at your house tonight? We can bond with each other" I smile. "Er. Sure. Geez. You guys look like a ert staring at me like that. And now you want to sleep at my house. Are you planning to me?" He laugh. "Well. We didnt think about that. But it is a good idea" Momo smirk and high five with me. Chaeyoung looks at us with his disgusting expressing. "Chaeyoungieeeee~~~" We all scream and attack him. By mean. We go to take shower together with him. 

You guys dont want to know what we are doing that night *evil laugh*. Hey. What are you thinking. We just finishing our homework.

The next morning, we prepare ourself for school. We took our belonging before went to Chaeyoung's house yesterday. We walk down for breakfast. "Mina?" Tzuyu say. "Who?" "Mina." he point at Mina who is talking with Mrs Son. Chaeyoung didnt even shock. "She takes breakfast here every school days since her parents left early for work." the latter explain. "Gosh. She looks like daughter-in-law, sitting like that with your mother." Momo say. We all has this sly smile to Chaeyoung. He just roll his eyes. "Boys! You are here. Come have a breakfast first." We greet Mrs Son and Mina. "Mrs Son. Did you ever consider Mina as your daughter-in-law?" I ask. Chaeyoung and Mina choke on their drink. We all laugh at them. "Thats right, Mrs Son. Did you?" Jisoo ask again. The two glare at us. "Well well. I would love to. Im more happy if Mina be my daughter. My son doesnt even send me emoticon when texting with me unlike Mina" "Mom!!" "Mrs Son!!" "Mom. You can have Mina. I will go to Mrs Myoui tonight" Chaeyoung make sad face. We laugh hard at the "bestfriend." Then we left for school. When we are about to reach school, Mina stop me. Chase away the boys. "Is there anything you want to say, Mina?" "Hm. I shouldnt tell you this. But Im worry about my friend." "Who? Chaeyoung?" she nod. "He actually hurt his back from last tournament." I stun. "He didnt want to say anything about it. I force him to tell me about it." "I shouldnt let him play this evening." "No. Please dont. He said he dont want you guys to stop him from playing. You know how stuboorn he is." "Argh. This kid make things harder," "Please take care of him. Im sorry if I make thing worse. But watching he fell yesterday, Im sure his pain is worsen." "Of course I will." "And please dont make it obvious and dont tell the others. He will be angry at me if he know." "Dont worry, Mina. He is my dongsaeng. I will take care of him." Thank you, sunbae," "Just call me oppa. We are pretty close to each other now." "Sure, oppa." "And not to mention soon-to-be my dongsaeng's" "Heyy! It really not like that. He just my bestfriend." I laugh at her. We walk to our class. As we seperate our way, my expression become worse. What should I do. Geez this kid didnt say anything about this. I bang my head on the my table as I sit on seat. "Bro. Whats wrong?" Momo ask. I just wave my hand. He knows I need my own time. I still out of my mind during lunch. Momo say to the other that Im nervous for today game.

The game will start soon. "Ok guys. This is it. Like always, just enjoy the game. Have fun. And. Take of yourself. We are not here just to win. This is what we love. So dont push yourself too much. Remember that we have each other high or low." My speech today quiet long unlike usual. "Now. Soshi on 3. 1! 2! 3!" "Lets go Soshi! Lets go!" we shout and take our position. My eyes meet Mina eyes at the supporter seats. I breath in. And focus on the game. I will take care of Chaeyoung like I promise. The game start. I cant help myself to keep looking at Chaeyoung. Help him screening whenever I can. Switch position as much as I can. And let Momo, Tzuyu and Jisoo receive more balls to shoot. Half time and we are losing 50 to 38. "Hyung. What are you doing?" Chaeyoung stare at me. I didnt dare to look at him. He drag me further from the other. "Mina told you." "I-i-i" "Hyung!!" he shout at me. The other look at us. "Hyung. How could you do this. You say to enjoy the game. But look at you. Not enjoying the game and thinking about other thing." "I just want to help you." This is not the way, hyung. If you want to help me, you should let me play like always." I drop my head. "Fine. But promise me to take of yourself." "Im promise." but his face is not soften. I know he angry. But I cant do anything to him. "Lets go. We still have game to enjoy" I smile at him but he just has cold-face. What I have done. Im sorry, Mina. I break our promise. The second quater start. We play like usual. I didnt help him defending anymore like before. He manage to score many balls and now we tie. 68-68. Jisoo score another 3-point and we lead 68-71. I also gain a few point. As the time ticking we score more point and widen the gap. A few seconds left. "Chaeyoung-ah!" I pass the ball. He pass a guard and shot. The ball didnt get in. 3 Seconds left. I dash into the D, take the rebound and shot. "Basket count!" One seconds left. The opponent start the ball and the whistle blow. End of the game. We win the tournament. We hug each other. Chaeyoung is avoiding me. He talks to the other boys but he didnt even smile at me. I know I make a mistake. I just let him cool down first. We wash up after the game. Chaeyoung left early saying his mother need him at home. I grind my teeth.  What should I do? The four of us walk out the sport center and greet by the girls.

Mina POV

The boys are out but there are only 4 of them. Where is he? Jeongyeon oppa's face doenst look good eventhough they win. The other seems to not notice anything and cheer happily. They walk to us. "Where is Chaeyoung?" Nayeon unnie ask. "Ouh. He went back already. His mother needs him." Jisoo oppa answer. I frown. I saw him talking to Jeongyeon oppa during half time and he looked angry. Did he know? "Mina. Im sorry." Jeongyeon oppa say to me. I just look at him. "So he knows" I mumble. He just nod. "What is this all about?" Nayeon unnie ask us. "Nothing. I just feel sick. See you guys later." I walk away. He must be mad at me. Myoui Mina. What you had done? "Sorry guys. I'll just go home first. Im really tired right now." Jeongyeon oppa also left. Nayeon unnie chase him. The other 6 also decided to go home since there is not enough quota for us to celebrate the winning. I go to Chaeyoung's house, but Mrs Son say he is sleeping. I end up lying on my bed. I text Chaeyoung saying Im sorry but he didnt even reply. Im sorry, Chaeyoung.

The group are now called Twice since we start to know each other on our second meet. We decided to have celebration for the boys win at Jisoo oppa and Jihyo unnie house the next day. Chaeyoung didnt talk to me when we walk together to Jihyo unnie's house. The celebration like always are filled with food, games and chats. Even there, Chaeyoung didnt talk to Jeongyeon oppa. But he talks brightly to the other. The celebration end and we walk back home. He still didnt talk to me. I loss my patience now. "Yah! Son Chaeyoung!" he just ignore me and walk into his house. "Chaeyoung-ah" I say before I get into my house.

Its been a week Chaeyoung didnt talk anything to me. The other start notice it about us. I just keep silence when they are ask about it. We still walk together to school and back from school. Its look like it will rain soon. And I hate it. I try to talk with him again before he get into his house. "Chaeyoung-ah" I call him but again. He ignore me. I lose my hope and walk to my house.

THUNGG!!


I donno how long this story will be. *sigh* I want to see the ending as soon as possible but.. i also want to make a lot of moment. aigoo. so. guys. what should i do?

i donno when will i update next chapter. maybe as soon as possible or maybe a little bit late than usual.

see you later guys.

Byong!