CH 4

what are we?

the MV is out guyss! knock knock on my door. *dancing* Chaeyoung so cute in this mv. and the unnies are scared to hit their savage maknae. I just cant get enough of the girls dissapoint face when they saw JYP at the door. 


Chaeyoung POV

The sun shine my room. I wake up feeling hot ray on my face. Suddenly someone hugging my hand like a bolster. Could it be mom? But why it feels different? I turn my head to look at the latter. "Uwwaahhhh!!!!!!" I scream. "Hyung!!! What are you doing here!!!!" "Shut up smol guy. Let sleep some more" Another voice. Another voice just grunt. I look around my room. All of my teammates are sleeping here. WTH. I just let them sleep while I get up from my bed to wash up. I walk to the kitchen greet my parents. "Good morning, Changieee~~ Did you have a good sleep? Your friends carried you here yesterday. I offered some food. But they fall asleep at the living room. So I just make them sleep here in your room. Are they awake yet?" My mom explain. I should thank them later. "No. They want to sleep some more. So I just let them." "I hope they wake up for lunch." "I will wake them by then." I take toast from my dad plate and eat it. "Hey. Thats..." My dad stop when he heard my stomach grumbling. "Just eat it kiddo. You didnt have your dinner last night. You should be hungry." I eat two more before waking up the zombies in my room.

"Tzuyu ahh. Hyung. Wake up now. Its 12 already." I shake them one by one hoping they wake up but they wont move an inch. "Should I call the girls for lunch today?" I throw a bait. One by one wake up like mummy. "Im just kidding. My mom prepares lunch for you guys." I laugh which later receive sandwich from the boys. "Guys! Guys! My back!" I whimper. "Hey. Did you hurt your back?" "Of course I do if all of you land on me!" I lie. "Gosh. You scared us smol guy." "Go wash yourself and go to the kitchen. My mom looks like she's making a fest" Momo hyung is the one who move to the toilet.

I walk down to leisure room but stop my way when I saw "Mina?" that girl just wave me from kitchen. "What are you doing here?" "Ouh. I called her for lunch. I asked her to invite her friends too. We need to celebrate your winning, right?" My mom smile. "Her friends? Mean?" Mina just smile. Realising that smile, from then, I know Im done with my life. "Mina. Tell my mom and dad, I love them. And thanks Miss Byul too for everything." Mina just laugh as I recite my will. "What are you thinking?" "They will kill me. They will kill me. They will kill me" I mutter as I make my way to living room. Waiting for my death.

DING DONG. My cause of death is coming.  "Mina. Can you help open the door?" "Its your house. Open it yourself" This girl sure not giving me a chance to live longer. So I walk unlifely and open the door. "Sunbaes. Dahyun. Come in." I greet with a fake smile. I see 4 shock face. "Ch-Chae-Young?" Nayeon sunbae stutter. "Er. Yes?" Then I heard footsteps coming from upstairs. I turn around and I feel like I death is coming to take me. "Unnie. Come in and have a seat." Mina comes out from the kitchen. The boys run toward me and drag me upstairs. "Pray for my death" I say when we pass Mina which the latter just laugh and let death take me away. 

Nayeon POV

I am shock when Chaeyoung open the door. The 3 with me also gasp. "Ch-Chae-Young?" I stutter. "Er. Yes?" the latter answer. Then our eyes turn to the voice coming from the stairs.  We shock again. "Unnie. Come in and have a seat." I hear Mina say. The boys later run toward the smol guy and dragging him somewhere. "Why are they at your house. Mina?" Jihyo ask. Good. I want to ask her as well. That girl just laugh. "This is not my house. My house is beside Chaeyoung's house." that girl answer. "What? So this is.." "Yes. Chaeyoung's house" before we start reacting, a woman come from where Mina came. "Mina. Ouh. Is this your friends?" that woman ask Mina. "Yes Mrs Son. They are from my club. Nayeon unnie. Jihyo unnie. Sana unnie. And Dahyun which also our classmates" Mrs Son? Did I hear that well? Mrs Son. Oh my god. The four of us realise it at the same time. "Good afternoon, Mrs Son" we greet Chaeyoung's mother. "Hi girls. Come come. Make yourself comfortable." We all glancing ourself before take a seat at the sofa. Mina also seat with us. "Mina. You said we are having lunch at your house. But what is this?" Sana ask. "If I say the truth you guys wont come. It will be awkward if Im the only girl with them. I also donno that the rest are here. I thought it just a normal lunch like always. It turns out that Mrs Son want to celebrate them." "Jisoo oppa said he slept at his friend's house. I never thought it will be Chaeyoung's house." "Mina. Can you help me here?" Mrs Son call for Mina. The latter then make her way to the kitchen. "I dont even makeup today. I thought it will be just us." Dahyun say sadly. "Yah. Me tooo!!" this time Sana say. "I wear the simplest shirt in my closet" I say. Jihyo just shake her head.

On the other side

Tzuyu POV

We drag Chaeyoung into his room while Jeongyeon hyung lock his head, I hold his hands and Momo hyung grabs his legs. "I swear I donno anything!" that smol guy exclaim. "But when you wake us up, you said something about lunch with the girl!" I say. "Im just joking. I just know about this just now after I woke you guys up. I were shocked too when I saw Mina in the kitchen." Chaeyoung explain again. "Anyway. How's my look?" Momo hyung ask. All the eyes are on him now. "Cool as always bro." Jeongyeon hyung assured him. "How bout me?" I ask. "Ears on point as always, yoda." he say while laughing. "Hyung. You look today." I backfire. "Really?! Shot. Why?" he fluster and look at himself on the mirror. Chaeyoung now is release from us panting. Jisoo hyung just shake his head looking at us. "Lets go down. Im already hungry. I bet you guys too." Chaeyoung say while looking at us. We settle ourself. Fixed our shirt and hair for the last time before move to the dining room.

Chaeyoung POV

I glad enough they spare my life. We walk down slowly and peek at the dining room. The girls and my mom already sit there. My mom is sitting opposite Mina. I could notice extra chair beside Mina. The boys are changing glance before leaving me at the stair. Damn. Now i have no choice but to sit beside Mina. Jeongyeon sits infront of Nayeon sunbae, Momo hyung infront of Dahyun, Tzuyu infront of Sana sunbae and Jisoo hyung infront of Jihyo sunbae. They are giving their best smile to the girls well except for Jisoo hyung. I sigh. "You should be thankful that I want to seat beside you" Mina whisper to me. I just roll my eyes. "Why? You want me to flirt on you just like those guys?" "I dare you" she knows I will never do that to her. The lunch goes well. They seems to get know with each other. And I have to stop my mom before she expose anything about me. My mom notice that we are having fun with ourself, she excuse herself. Now i can relax. But not yet. Myoui Mina still here. I warn her if she expose anything, I will expose about her too. And its a deal. We just talk about other stuff. We finish our lunch and talk a little bit more before they excuse themself. Now Im in the kitchen, washing the dish. They are a lot since my mom prepare a lot of food for my friends. "Thank you, Mina for helping me. I might leave it until tomorrow if you are not here." "Stop exaggerating, Son Chaeyoung".

A few months later

Our club become popular since we won the tournament. We receive love letters almost everyday. But still there is no new member want to join the club. Looks like we are going to plan with 5 members again in next tournament. That morning Jisoo hyung text us regarding the condition with Jihyo sunbae. He ask us to meet in the dance room after school. Dance room? Whats wrong with this hyung.

"Chaeyoung-ah. Lets go to the dance room." Tzuyu already drag me to the dance room. We meet Jeongyeon hyung and Momo hyung on the way to the dance room. As we enter the dance room. Familiar faces are there with Jisoo hyung. The girls now are jaw dropping. "So. Our partner is them?" Nayeon sunbae say frowning. Receiving nod from Jisoo hyung and Jihyo sunbae. "Woa woa woa. Whats up with this partner you said?" Jeongyeon hyung ask. "Well. You know. Er. The condition is. Er. We. Er." "You guys need to be our dancing partner for our competition." Jihyo sunbae cut off Jisoo hyung stutter. We all stun. "Wait!" What?" "Dancing partner?" "Noway noway" we all denying the truth. "Yes. And they are YOUR partner" Jisoo hyung say again. "Jisoo-ah. What did you bring us to? Dancing?" Momo hyung whine. "Its not you guys cant dance. You guys are great. Thats why Jihyo ask you guys to help them" "Wow. You guys can dance?" Sana sunbae doubt. But we ignore her. "But that is freestyle. This is partner dance." "We can try right? We can change genre sometime. So Momo. In or not? They need your help for cheorography tho." "Im in if the rest in. "Well guys. Deal is a deal. Jihyo help us, we need to help her too" "So in" In the end we accept the fate that we will doing partner dance with the girls. Luck is never better on Momo hyung. He need to create their cheography with Dahyun. We just pat his shoulder before leaving for our basketball practice. "Goodluck, bro" Jeongyeon hyung say to his bestfriend. The girls also left because they cannot start practice since there is still no routine.

Momo POV

Im shock enough that we need to dance, I love to dance but with the girls and now, I need to create routine with Dahyun. I Well. Part of me happy because Im with her. But. This gonna be hard. God please has mercy on me. "So Dahyun. What is the concept of this competition?" I start my gear. "Its open. We can just dance to any genre and concept. Do you have any opinion, sunbae?" "Not yet. Its so sudden. Can you give me a day to think? And give me your number in case I need to ask anything." Smooth Momo. Smooth. "Ah sure. If you need help in the routine just tell me. I will help you." After exchanging number, I excuse myself for basketball and she also left for home.

I grin all the way to the gym. "So how was your date, hyung?" Tzuyu ask as soon as I enter the gym. "Never better. I got her number. Unlike you" I smirk. "Wow. You sure are fast inside and outside court, bro" Jeongyeon high five with me. "Lets start drilling, guys. We need to improve our stamina for next tournament if we dont want to pass out like before." he continue. We start drilling and practicing until late evening like always. After practice we go back to our home. On my way, I keep thinking the concept that can we use. I dont really like y concept for the girls. I need something that can give more impression. Diruriii. I have an idea. As soon as I get on my bed, I text Dahyun about my idea and yes she wholeheartly support the idea. Me being me. Once Im into something, I go for all. i forget that Im texting with Dahyun. and start moving my body creating a routine. After a few hours brainstorming, I had all the routine inside my mind. I want to text Dahyun to meet tomorrow for practice but then I realise that it is already 12 o'clock. She must sleep already. Just text her tomorrow morning. I take my shower before I go for sleep.

Dahyun POV

Wow. He sure is fast. How come he already manage to create a routine just in one night. Maybe it just a simple one. I shrug my shoulder on my way to the dance room to practice with Momo sunbae. He already there with 3 quater and a plain t-shirt when I arrive there. "Ouh, you here already. Go and change your cloth" he say. I left him to change my shirt in the locker room. I come out from the locker room wearing legging and a plain shirt. I tie my hair on my way to him. I can feel that he is staring at me which I glare back at him. "Er. Please go ahead, warm up and stretch. I already done mine." I just nod and stretch for 5 mins. His eyes are still on me but I just ignore it. Boys. He then explain the routine for our competition. Its not simple at all. "Are you sure we can do this? Its not simple, you know." "Dont worry. My boys look like they cannot dance. But they sure are a good dancer. And Im sure that the girls are great also." "Well. If you think so. We can work it up." I donno what I think. I feel that I can believe in him. It is awkward at first but we are getting comfortable to each other as the practice go on. I like to respect him for not making the routine y and provocative eventhough it is a partner dance. He interpret partner dance to another level. We practice until late evening and decide to continue tomorrow with the rest since we already you can say master the partner part. He offer to walk me home since he doesnt want to let me walk alone. I reject it but "I insist" I have no choice but to let him.

Mina POV

So today we will begin practicing for our routine. Im amaze that Dahyun and Momo sunbae finish chreograph our routine this fast. "Momo hyung is our dance machine if you ask" "Now you are reading my mind." "Well I guess we know each other well" "Are you sure you can dance?" "Hm. I cannot say Im good but I can dance" "Seriously how you become my partner. Lucky enough you grow a few cm since last time and now you are a little bit taller than me" "I should thanks my growth plate for letting me to grow more" we laugh at his statement. We enter the dance room together. All eyes are on us. " So now everyone here. Lets shake shake" Momo sunbae say. Since all of them already change their cloth, both of us get into the locker room to change our cloth. Note here that there are two locker room. So we are not sharing same locker room.

As we starting practicing our move. Most of us are awkward with our partner including me. Momo sunbae and Dahyun already comfortable with themself so I cant see problem between them. And so does Jisoo sunbae and Jihyo unnie. Its not that the rest of us cannot dance. It just feel weird to have partner with us. "Come on guys. Work out on your partner. You guys can do this" Jihyo unnie exclaim. "Easy for you to say since you are dancing with your twin. We just hm" Sana unnie whine. Me and Nayeon unnie just nod. But then I can feel changes in Chaeyoung, Tzuyu and Jeongyeon sunbae eyes. Momo sunbae notice that too and just smile. " Dont worry. You guys can do it.Lets start again" he say with assurance. "Come on unnie. You can do it." Dahyun support him. Then we continue practicing. This time, I feel more comfortable. So does the unnies. I donno how. But it seems like Chaeyoung's eyes make me comfortable with him. "I see that you already not awkward with me this time, Mina" he whisper with smile. I just smile back at him. Well. He is my friend afterall. 

Tzuyu POV 

You can do it, Cho Tzuyu. The music start. I lead her. Give her a comfort eyes. Soft touch. Then I feel she become more comfortable with me. I just smile at her and she smile back. I might get a heart attack if she continue to smile like that. "See guys. I know you can do it" Momo hyung say. I know from his eyes. We believe in each other that we will do our best not burdening other people. "Lets do it for last time before end our session to make sure you all get the steps" he say again. We start again and this time we end it without mistake and awkward moment with our partner. "Listen, guys. To improve our chemistry with our partner, I decided to make sure that we have our recess together until our competition day" Momo hyung announce. All of us keep quiet. Not accepting or rejecting the idea. Chaeyoung and Mina probably not mind about the idea since they always eat together. "Silence means yes. So let see each other during recess tomorrow. Jeongyeon-ah. Want to play for a bit?" he continue and receive a yeayy from the boys. We run to take our bag and compete to the gym. "Do they even feel tired?" I hear Sana sunbae ask before we left the room. "Boys" the rest of the girls say in union.

NO POV

The boys and girls are often seen walking together to school, during recess, to the dance room, to the gym. Their dance getting better each day. And now after 3 weeks, they complete their routine and left to smoothen the movement. The boys sometime have to left the girls for their basketball training and friendly but they able to catch up with the girls in the next practice. There are only 3 days left before their competition.

Mina POV

Like always I walk home with Chaeyoung. He is holding his back. "Hey. Did you hurt your back?" "Nah. Im just tired" Lie. I can feel that he is lying. I stop my step. "You know you cant lie at me." He stop his step, turn around and look at me with his assure eyes. "Dont worry. This is normal. It will be normal after taking a rest. Dont tell the other tho. I dont want to worry." "I wont. But. You need to tell me how you get that pain." "Haha. I really cannot lie to you Mina. Well. You remember that tournament last time. During final that we went against that huge guys. I simply injured myself during that game. Never thought it will get worse." "You hide your pain for this long. Seriously, Chaeyoung. You thought I didnt realise it during that game. You keep holding your back. Why dont you tell me earlier?" "I dont want to make you worry. The boys too. I love basketball. This cannot stop me from playing" My tears almost drop. "You are so stupid Son Chaeyoung." "Im sorry Mina if i worried you" Biting my lips "Thats ok. But after this. Make sure you tell me if you feel pain or hurt yourself" I make him pinky promise with me. "I promise I will. Now lets go home. Im hungry. Or should I have dinner at your house instead" "Ask your parents first before coming. And if you are coming tell me. I will tell mom to cook extra." "Cool. I think my mom will follow me to your house" "I thought so" we laugh and continue walking to our home.


seems like they all progressing their relationship *winkwink. So what will next chapter about. *smirk* no hint this time.

so guys. until next time.

byong!