CH 3

what are we?

Is it only me that love to see Dahyun playing piano? I had watching her video playing piano for god know how many times already.


Chaeyoung POV

A few weeks past. Mina and I become close enough that other people thought us as couple which make us answer "Nowayyy. S/he is my friend!" leaving people laughing and smirking saying "We'll see bout that"

The basketball tournament just round the corner but our team still doesnt have any supervisor and manager which is required for the tournament. We have no choice but to beg to the coolest teacher in the school. Miss Byul. And ask Jisoo hyung to make Jihyo sunbae as our manager. Luck on our side. Both of them are willingly to help us. But Jihyo sunbae has a condition which only Jisoo hyung know and he not telling us. I can see guilty in his eyes everytime we ask about that condition.

Tournament day

Mina POV

"Tell me again why we come here today?" I ask annoyingly. I prefer staying at home playing games instead of cramping inside gym watching bunch of boys run with a ball just to dump it a basket. "Because Mina. We need to support our school team, which Jihyo's managing and of course to see hot guys play" Nayeon unnie answer excitingly. "Seriously Mina. You should go outside instead of rolling playing your games" Sana unnie start nagging "You should give support to your school team..." "OK unnie ok. I got it. Geez." i cut her. "Tzuyu said they are the second one to play. So we have to see the first game first" Dahyun say. I just sigh counting how many hour I have to waste for this thing.

The first game end resulting Panda HS win against BP HS 40:32. Now its our school turn playing against GF HS.

"Jungyeon-ahhh!!!!!! FIGHTINGGGG!!!!! YOO! JEONG! YEON! FIGHT! TING!" this bunny unnie scream beside me. Jeongyeon sunbae on the other side facepalm and hide his face from bunny unnie. "Geez unnie. You are embarassing him and us, you know." "That Mina. We call cheer." Sana unnie chuckle looking at her friend. Whistle beeping starting the game. Chaeyoung sure look small compare to other player. In a blink, our school score a basket leading a loud cheer from our side. "Momo sunbae is so fast" Dahyun exclaim. "Sure is. He is Momo afterall." Sana unnie continue. The opponent team try for a shoot and miss. "How he possible to jump that high" Sana unnie gasp "He is Tzuyu afterall" Dahyun say. There is a long pass from Tzuyu but there is no one to receive. "Wow. That smol guy runs really fast" Chaeyoung catch the ball as it is nothing and shot for a basket. Another cheers come from our side. Well that guy sure run fast. 

Half time.

"I didnt know that smol guy is this great" Nayeon unnie say. "Jeongyeon is great too. Finally we able to see them play" Sana unnie continue. The three of them continue to compliment the boys. Me? Not interested. "Say Mina. How is their game?" Sana unnie ask and 3 pair of eyes are on me. "Er well. They are great player indead" That 3 just give me a smirk on their face "What?!" I say. "Nothing. Seems like just now you are too immersed into the game. Thats why we ask." Dahyun answer. I just roll my eyes.

As time pass in the second quater I can see a little different from before. The other also notice it. Momo sunbae seems to be slow down. Tzuyu not jump as high as before. Jisoo sunbae 3 pointer not on point. The one who maintain their play are Jungyeon sunbae and Chaeyoung. "They havent play for long time. So their stamina wasnt as good as before. Jeongyeon had train his junior so he that why he still looking fit. And that smol guy. I donno." Well i didnt question that guy. I had seen him jogging every morning before school and night before dinner. "And they doesnt have subs. So they neede to play throughout the game." Sana unnie continue. All of us nod aknowledging the fact. But the fact that they are tired doesnt stop them from scoring and win the game with 58 to 38.

"Their next game is on evening. Lets have our lunch together" Nayeon unnie say. "Yeah. Lets eat together. And lets take Jihyo too" Sana unnie say. We walk towards the locker room to pick up Jihyo unnie.

"OH. MY. GOD." Nayeon unnie whisper when we reach the locker room. We all shock when we look into the locker room. Sana unnie cannot hold herself and start screaming and that make the people in the locker room turn their head at us. The latter then also scream and start hiding theirself behind locker grabing anything to cover their body. We already turn our head away. I can feel all of us have the same red face. "A-ar-are you guys done yet?" Nayeon unnie ask. "Im Nayeon! You should tell us first before coming here. Done. What you girls want?" Jeongyeon sunbae half scream at bunny unnie. We slowly turn our head scare that we will see the same thing. "We want to pickup Jihyo and have lunch together" Sana unnie say. "Obviously she wouldnt be here where boys take shower and change cloth. She waits outside with Miss Byul." Tzuyu exclaim. "Unnie. Lets go outside. I can stand here anymore" I can see Dahyun is as red as tomato. Well she is dubu. No wonder that she can be this obvious red. We all fasten our step outside the gym and see Jihyo unnie and Miss Byul at of the gazebo.

"Oh my god. I cant believe what i saw just now" "Yuh. Me too. I-i-itt" "So hot" "Oh my god let me stay alive after this" we start talking as soon as we land at the gazebo. Jihyo unnie and Miss Byul look at us weirdly. "Yah. What it is with you guys?" Jihyo unnie cant stand the curiousity. "Jihyo. I never know that your twin has er hot nice body." Nayeon unnie said which than received a slap on her shoulder from Jihyo unnie. Dahyun then tell them what happen. Miss Byul laugh out loud "Im so jealous with you guysss!! How come you guys can see it first when Im the supervisor cannot see first" "Seriously Miss Byul. Now im scared to leave my brother with you." We all laugh at Jihyo unnie's statement. "Girls. Lets eat together. I plan to give a treat to the boys since they won their first game." We all debating either to accept it or not after what happen just now. Since Miss Byul keep on asking us to follow her, we had no choice but to join them.

Momo POV

Seriously Miss Byul. Now I cant even eat heartly. We are now cramping ourself at 8 seated table with 11 people. And it become worst that the one that sit infront of them are the girls from the dance club. There is awkward silence among us (Sica's effect is here). Even Jeongyeon the craziest cannot say anything in this situation. Cracking the silence, "Since Im the one who invite you all to eat together. I will pay for you. But boys. You cannot eat a lot since you guys still have games this evening. So. What do you want?" "Jokbal" er. Who answer with me just now? I raise my head to see all eyes, smirking at me and this dubu in front of me. Geez. What a luck. "Fried chicken" another overlapping voice. Now all eyes are on Jeongyeon and the bunny. "Kimchi jiggae" another bomb drop. All eyes swift to next partner, Tzuyu and miss Squirell. "Fried rice" and there is another one. Chaeyoung and penguin. "Gosh. You guys are more synchorize than us. Geez. Jinx." we all laugh when Jisoo and Jihyo say the same line. "I want bibimbap. Geez. Again" we laugh again at Jisoo and Jihyo. The atmosphere now still awkward but in friendly manner. After finish our meal. The boys excuse ourself to prepare for our next game while the girls continue chit chatting what so ever since they have nothing to do while waiting for our games.

"Wow. That was weird" "Yeah right. How come we chose the same meal" "I cant even eat that jokbal properly" "Dont lie, Momo. You clean that jokbal" "Cant you see how slow I ate just now" "Seriously this is so funny" "I hope we can eat together again" "Next time. In proper manner" We laugh along the way to the gym.

Sana POV

We all hold our breath until the boys left the restaurant and let out our breath in the same time. "Seriously that just happen?" "How can that happen" "Ridiculous" "Jinx" We all speak out our mind at the same time. A minute of silence. A bomb of laugh drop. We only stop laughing when the next table glare at us. "That. Seriously funny. How come we chose the same meal" "Girls. That what we grown up call love in the air" "Miss. We dont even know each other" "Well. You can get know later" "Im getting goosebump right. Seriously. You guys are more synchronize that me and my brother even this is your first time meet. Except for Mina tho" Now all eyes are on Mina and interogation start. "So Mina. What is it between you and that smol guy?" I start. "Er. We are neighbour and seatmate. Nothing more" Mina shut our suspicion. "How about you Nayeon?" Jihyo ask Nayeon. "We just childhood friend. We know each other since kid" Nayeon too shut our suspicion. Leaving me and Dahyun. "How about you two. Seems like you guys had lay eyes on those two" Nayeon ask smirking at both of us. "Unnie. It just a coincidence that we chose the same meal." Dahyun answer and I nod agree to her. "Maybe. Or maybe this is your fate for your relationship" Nayeon wink at us. By then Jihyo to the rescue. "Girls. The game is starting soon. Lets go" And then Miss Byul pays our meal and we walk to the gym.

The rest of the games go well. The boys win the next 2 games and they will compete in final tomorrow. 

Mina POV

I walk home with Chaeyoung since we are going on the same way. The others go to for their way. I can see he is tired from the games before since he like dragging his legs instead of walking properly. "Congrats for your games. You played well" "Mina. Can you carry me? Im seriously exhaust right now" "Stop whiny. You already infront of your house already." "Ouh really. Thank you Mina. See you tomorrow."

Chaeyoung POV

As soon I enter my house, I walk straight to my room. Not wasting anytime. I land myself on my comfy bed. Not willing to wake up any sooner. Gosh. Its hard to play without subs. I should strength my stamina more.

My mom interupt my sleep. "Chaengie, honey. Lets dinner" "Mom. I really really really really have no energy to move right now" "Thats why honey. I bring it with me here" My mom help me to sit and feed me food. I have sore all over my body. Well serve me right since I didnt cool down after the game. "Mom. Can you bring me ice pack?" "Sure honey" I finish eating and then I put ice pack at my back and both my leg before I continue sleeping.

Next day

"OK team. We struggle hard to get into this. So just enjoy the game and relax. Forget the pressure or anything else. This is what we love. Enjoy it. Lets go Soshi on three. 1, 2,3 !" "Lets go Soshi lets go!!!" with the chant we get ready for our game. The opponent are huge. I need to think the strategy well because Im small. The whistle beep. The reff throw the ball. Tzuyu manage to tap the ball which given us a chance to score first. I receive the ball and charging toward the basket. I try to layup but their centre stop me causing me to fall but I get up immediately and ready for defense. But they score first. "Thats ok team. It just start." The game goes so fast. The score is like pendulum. They score, we score. And there goes half time. Current score is 36-38. The opponent is leading. This game is more tiring. I need to use more energy against their big size. I take this 2 min to rest.

Dahyun POV

"Why it looks like Chaeyoung does not perfoming well?" I ask. Its weird. He played well yesterday. "He is so small. Its hard for him to go against their defense" Nayeon unnie say. "I hope he manage to finish this game. The other members also look tired" The girls nod agree.

Chaeyoung POV

Second quater start. I hope I manage to finish this game. My back still hurt from the fall in first quater. The opponent start the game. This quater is more intense than the first one. Everyone is so focus to the game. This quater also like pendulum. The last 2 min, my leg almost give up. I keep my mental strong. I need to finish this game. Everyone is struggling. They cannot play for 2 years. I need to help them. The last 10 secs with score 53-54. We still losing. "Chaeyoung!! Its up to you!" captain pass the ball to me. 10. I need to find space. 9, 8, 7, 6 Damn this huge guy. Dare or die. 5, 4, 3, I make a fake and air shoot, 2, 1, BEEPP!! "BASKET COUNT!" I made it. We win! I fall on my back. I cannot stand up anymore. My teammates run to me. "hey! Smol guy! You cannot die yet!" I smile. Damn this yoda. They help me to stand up and help me to sit at the bench. I can see students from our school cheer for our win. I cannot open my eyes now. And everything goes black.

Jeongyeon POV

"Hey smol guy!!!" "Krohh" "This kid sure work hard in this game despite his small body." I piggyback him with the help of my teammates, Bow to the other team, supporter and go to the locker room.

"Boyss!!!!" Miss Byul scream. I shush her. Pointing at chaeyoung who is sleeping on the bench. "Miss. Lets just celebrate later. We should have a rest first. The other member also feel tired from the game. I dont think we have any energy left for celebration after this" the member nod agree. "Ouh ok. Btw congratulation boys. I cant never be more proud that having you guys as champion for the first game you guys play." Miss Byul give us a big applause before leaving us. With the help of other member, we clean up chaeyoung. This kid not moving at all eventhough we slap him playfully when showering him. We all change to casual cloth before going out from the locker room. I piggyback Chaeyoung again. Luckily this kid is light. If not I might just drag him. People are gather around us to congratulate us for winning. I excuse ourself because of this kid on my back. I find Nayeon and the other girl under a tree outside the gym and walk toward them. 

"Jeongyeon-ahh!!! Congratulation!!!!" that stupid bunny scream. I just ignore him "Mina. I heard this kid is your neighbour. Can you show me the way? It seems like he will not wake any sooner" "Er but. Nayeon unnie said she want to eat together" "Ah. Nayeon. Im so sorry. But we are really tired and need to rest now. Maybe tomorrow we can." "Ouh thats ok. We still can meet other time." Mina then lead the way to Chaeyoung house. The members also follow me because they dont want to burden me to bring Chaeyoung alone. We take turn to carry him. 

We thank Mina for showing the way. Ring the bell of Chaeyoung's house. His mother greet us and shock when she see Chaeyoung on my back "Nothing happen Ma'am. He just sleep." I assure her. His mother then offer us some food before leaving. I put Chaeyoung on his bed before going back to my teammates. Im suprise when I saw Momo on the sofa lying, Tzuyu on the floor beside Jisoo. Sleeping. They sure have no shame. Me then sit against the sofa Momo lie waiting for Chaeyoung's mom to bring the food. Without I realise I also fall asleep and lying on the floor.


a/n: so what is this condition jihyo set? hehehehe. i will give you a hint. its "couple". 

byong!