CH 5

what are we?

im really enjoy looking at twice memes for knock knock. they are hilarious. check them out on instagram @twiceoncrack


Dance competition day

Nayeon POV

I cant believe I need to pick up this boy. I just sigh as I walk to Jeongyeon's house. I knock (knock knock on my door) on his door and wait for respond. His mom open the door "Ouh Nayeoniee. You are here to pick Jeongyeon right. But that boy seems to forget about it. He still not up." "OMG seriously, Mrs Yoo? This gonna take time to wake him up" I say as I walk into their house and go to his room. I open his door. He seriously need to fix his sleeping position. He sleeps like a drunk man. I tap his hand "Jeongyeon-ah. Wake up already. We gonna be late if you dont wake up now" "asdfghjkl" he just mumble alien language. I just smile. How come Im in love with this kid all this time. I slap his cheek many times but he still didnt wake up. Losing my patience. "Yah Yoo Jeongyeon! Wake up right now!" I pinch his ear hard. "Arghhhh. Its hurt. Let me goo. Ahh" he hold his ear and immediately rush to the toilet to wash up. "Serve you right" I say before left his room. I eat breakfast that Mrs Yoo prepare while waiting for him. It already 8.25. We gonna be late. We need to gather at school at 8.30 before go to the competition hall together. "Yoo Jeongyeon! Can you hurry up! We gonna be late. I dont want to be eaten alive by Momo!" "Coming coming! Bye Mom. See you later!" he grab a toast, kiss his mom, take my hand and run to school.

8.35. "You late." Momo say. "This ostrich didnt want to wakeup" I pant. The latter just scratch his nape giving a grin. Without wasting any time, we hop on the bus. Everyone automatically sit with their partner. Me too having no choice but to sit beside Jeongyeon. The hall is about an hour away so we just enjoy our time on our way.

Sana POV

We chit chat as soon as the bus start moving. This group sure has a lot to talk. After a few minutes a head drop on my shoulder. I want to push it back but than I realise my partner is sleeping on shoulder. Aigoo. He looks tired. I position myself so that he be more comfortable. I turn my head to look around. The other boys also sleeping. I frown. Are they always sleepy? I turn my head to Mina who is sitting behind me, Chaeyoung on her side also sleeping with straight position. I bet he gonna break his neck later. "Are they always like this?" I ask her. "Not really. It just after our dance practice yesterday, they went to train basketball until late night. Chaeyoung said that they need to catch up their practice since their competition start tomorrow. Shoot. I shouldnt tell you girls that. I make a promise with Chaeyoung, not telling you girs about this." "If I know that they have competition right after this competition, I wouldnt push them so hard. Jisoo oppa didnt say anything about this." Jihyo say while looking pitily at his twin. "We should treat them after this competition. They suffer a lot." Nayeon continue. "Yup. I agree" Dahyun nod agree. "I think they will reject it. Chaeyoung said after this competition they will go straight to training. They are still lacking, he said." Mina sigh. I sigh and look at Tzuyu beside me. You sure suffer a lot. The bus stop suddenly cause us to jerk foward. I hold his head not letting him to hit the front sit. "Auch!!" someone must hit something. It was Momo. He bang onto the window. Dahyun beside him just laugh while caressing his forehead and blow at it and just like that Momo sleep back and make Dahyun put his head on her shoulder. On the other side, Jeongyeon now is leaning at Nayeon. He before was sleeping against the window. Nayeon also hold his head so that he wont fall. Jihyo also since then hold Jisoo's head. Chaeyoung on the other hand, keep sleeping in straight positon. Mina look at him and pull him to her shoulder. She must not want Chaeyoung to break his neck. We keep gossiping even with our one hand taking care of our partner. After one hour and a few minutes we arrive at the hall. We wake our partner and get ready to get out from the bus. Tzuyu gives a thankful smile when I wake him up.

As soon as we get off the bus, Miss Byul greet us. "Hye guyss!! I still cant believe that you guys make me be your supervisor for your team. Again." We just give our best smile to our coolest teacher. Nayeon then ask me to accompany her to toilet. As we walk "This is not the way to the toilet, Nayeon." "Yuh, I know. I want to go to the convenience store." "What do you want to buy?" "Just some energy drink for the boys. I feel guilty since I had been harsh on Jeongyeon this morning when wake him up." I just smile. She seriously care for her "childhood friend". We buy some energy drinks and food for us since we dont want to be obvious that we care for the boys as Nayeon said. When we reach our group, we give out the drinks. Nayeon just give an excuse when they ask about the drink "Im nervous. This drink make me better. So I just buy for all of you." they didnt even doubt her excuse and just gulp their drink. The girls seem to understand our behaviour just smile.

Mina POV

The boys look better after taking that energy drink. I smile. "Mina. Did they buy this for us because we look tired all the way here? Are we that obvious?" Why the heck that he is so sharp. "I dont know." I try to escape. The latter just stare at me. I loss my cool and just look down. "You told them about our competition did you?" He is killing me. I just keep quiet. "Now I feel sorry for the boys. We keep the competition secret because we dont want to look weak and worry you girls. I told you about it because my mom burst it out when you were there." Now I feel guilty. "Hey hey. I dont mad at you. I just thankful that you girls are thoughtful toward us." he hold my shoulder. I try to smile but still keep my mouth shut. "Now. Lets go have some fun." he gives his dimple smile. How can this man be so kind. I raise my head, look into his eyes "Im sorry. Lets go." Our team get ready for rehearsal. We start stretching and try to memorize our routine. As we go through our rehearsal, we can hear people clapping and wowing at us. Momo sunbae gald that we didnt make mistake during the rehearsal and remind us to keep calm and just enjoy ourself. We take some rest while waiting for the competition to start. The girls are fixing their makeup. The boys seem to be in serious conversation. Suddenly we hear "No no. We cant risk to do that strategy. We will be dead after that" all the girls eyes are on Jisoo sunbae. So they are discussing about their strategy. The boys hurrily grab each other and start going further from us. "Seriously they still thinking about their competition during this time?" Jisoo unnie say. "Maybe it just their way to keep themself from feeling nervous. Jeongyeon always do something like this before their competition. He talks non sense" Nayeon just shrug. We just let the boys do their things. 

There only 2 groups left before our group turn. Now Im nervous. I bite my lower lips and massaging my nose bridge. "So the penguin can get nervous too?" I roll my eyes "Dont call me with that name CHAENGIEE" he just laugh "What? Im not nervous" I glare at him. "Says the one who biting her lips and touching her nose for the past 5 minutes" I keep biting my lip. He knows me well. "Mina. Can you help me with my tie? I think its crook." "Im not your mom, Chaeyoung" "Well. My mom is not here. So only left you to help me" "There are also the others here. You can ask them to help" "OK then" he turn away but I grab his hand and turn him back. Fixing his necktie. "You say you didnt want to help" "When did I?" Suddenly. "Nayeon-ahh. Can you help me tie thiss? Please please." Jeongyeon sunbae begging at Nayeon unnie. "Gosh Yoo Jeongyeon. You are already high school but you still cannot tie your own necktie?" "Well. There is always my mom. And you." he grin. Nayeon unnie just sigh. "What can I do with this kid" All of us laugh at that couple. The last group almost finish their performance. Now I feel less nervous since the mood this brighten up. "Now you look fine" I just elbow him.

Dahyun POV

Did I hear it clearly. Is that our group that is being called? "We won?" "Did they call our name?" "We won!!!!" All of us scream. I hug the person next to me. "Er. You are choking me." Why the voice is male voice? I release my hug, raise my head. "Omo, sunbae. Sorry! Im just happy" I blush. Why did from all of the people here, i hugged him. "Thats ok. Im happy too." he smile. Stop smiling. You are killing me. We all then get on the stage to receive our present. Miss Byul helps us to take a picture of us. We give our best smile. The crowd are giving a big of applause to us. We bow before leaving the stage. We look at each other. We still can believe that we win this competiton. "Congrats guys. You all work hard to reach this point. So its worth." Momo sunbae say. The time now already 3 pm. "Its already late. Im sorry guys. I need to leave first. I have something to do," he continue and leave the crowd. I raise my eyebrow. What he want to do?. The other boys also slowly left us saying they need to do homework and other reasons and reject Miss Byul invitation to buy them lunch. I just remember that Mina said that the boys are going to have their training after the competiion. "But he didnt even have his lunch" I accidentantly speak out my mind loudly. The other girls also have the same expression with me. We just follow Miss Byul since she sacrifice her day for us. After I finish eating, I call the waiter. The other also calling for one. We look at each other, "Seems like we all think the same." Nayeon unnie laugh. "What is this all about? Why Im not the only one who didnt call the waiter?" Miss Byul with her curiousity. "The boys go for their basketball practice. Knowing my brother. He might not taking his lunch once he start playing. The girls also think the same for their partner." Jihyo unnie explain and we just nod. Miss Byul just smile and offer to pay for their food too since she feel responsible for the boys. We just choose fried chicken since it is easy for the boys to eat together.

Jeongyeon POV

I can see my boys are wearing out. Who will not. After dancing all evening and then continue training until midnight, wake up early for the competition, and now continue training. I also feel like dying. "Guys. Lets take a break." I shout. We sit on the bench. No one talk. Seems like our soul already left our body, "I think we had enough for today. If we continue, we might not competing tomorrow." I say again. But there is no respond from them. I want to continue talking when suddenly someone open the gym's door. Not someone but a few people. Our eyes look at the them but we just look them blankly. "Boys. We bring some food for you guys." one of them shout happily. Maybe we still out of my mind that we cannot recognize them. Momo want to say "Food?" but nothing come out from his mouth. "Come sit down here and eat. You guys look like zombie." another one say to us. We literally drag ourself to sit with them. Without talking anything, we start eating. After eating a few chicken, I finally gain my sense. Look around and see the girls are looking at us. "What are you guys doing here?" I shock. "We had been here since before you guys start eating and now you just realise that we are here?" Nayeon respond to me. The other boys also shock. Just like me, they also just get back their soul just now. "Wow. I cant believe that they just realise that we are the one that bring food for them." Sana look at us. "Seems like this chicken brings back their mind just now" Jihyo laugh. Me and my boys just smile sheepishly. "Just continue eating. You guys still need energy to walk back home" Dahyun urge us to eat more. We continue eating after thanks the girls. "But. How come you know we are here? We didnt say anything about training as I remember," Jisoo ask. Now to think about it. How did they know. But the girls glancing at each other and keep their mouth shut. "Er. I basically tell Mina that we are having training today in case my mom ask her." Chaeyoung say slowly. Our eyes glare at the latter. This kid sure need a good beating. But we should thanks him. If not because of him, we might not get food for today. The boys also think the same and just let that small kid eat his chicken. After finish eating, we clean our mess and excuse ourself to clean ourself so that we can go straight to sleep when we reach home later. 

"Geez. I donno that the girls are this thoughtful" Momo start. "Yuh. Jihyo never be this nice since I broke her mic" we just laugh at Jisoo. "Sorry guys. I didnt keep my promise to not tell them about the competition" "Nah thats ok. We are thankful tho. We get food." I say to Chaeyoung. The other also say the same. "I dont know what happen if you didnt marry with Mina. You basically tell her everything" Tzuyu savagely tease. "Yup. You guys look cute together with your short height." I high five with Tzuyu. "She is just my bestfriend. And I have no reason to not tell her since she is my friend and neighbour." we just smirk at the smol guys. "We'll see"

We walk back to the court. Nayeon already sleep while waiting. This bunny really a thing. She can sleep wherever she want. We all offer to accompany our partner to home since its already late and we are grateful to them. I carry the bunny on my back and walk together with rest. We seperate as we are going for different ways. Nayeon tighten her grab on me. How come Im in love with this bunny. I smile and walk back.


Nayeon seems to like to be piggyback by Jeongyeon. During their TT showcase. Knock knock mv. I hope this ship keep sailing. But im still sailing on Michaeng ship. Ai ai captain. 

see you in next chapter.

Byong!!