Promises

Love Star (Broken Wings)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Against her will, SinB woke up early to go to the practice. She told herself that she cannot afford to be late, thinking that she should have to make a good start for the practice,  since, for her, practice is one of the factors that would greatly influence the performance.

 

She had always been like that, even if it’s just a simple dance she would perform for less than three minutes. She would prepare herself and practice diligently for it. 


“Mom! I’m going out! We have practice!” She shouted while she ran out of their house with a sandwich prepared by her mother on and another one on her left hand.

 

She drove to the meeting place that her classmate, Eunchae, had told her yesterday night. She had wanted to avoid the lead role but she knows she wouldn’t be able to, even if she skips practice, so she thought it would be best to give her best shot on it. Also, she really couldn’t ask to change roles right now since it’s like the whole class is counting on her for that role, especially her two quirky bestfriends and Umji, and… Yerin.

 

Yerin? SinB was sure of the others of counting on her… but with Yerin, her mind was blank. She cannot guess what is on the other girl’s mind. Well, Yerin did mention that she wouldn’t take the role if SinB wouldn’t be the Juliet. 


SinB thought that perhaps, Yerin is plotting something or she is just teasing her because SinB didn’t accept her offer to be her model in her so called photography, arts or whatever.


She still couldn’t forget how her two bestfriends, Zhieqiong (Pinky) and Somi, played their strings so she would get the lead role, which turned out on making Yerin have the other lead role. To be honest, one of the reasons she doesn’t want to have that role is because she hasn’t really read that classical piece. Maybe she would volunteer to have the lead role if it’s Harry Potter. She loves that series and she would gladly take any roles for that.

 

Wait, why didn’t I suggest that? If I did, then I shouldn’t have any problems. 

Why does the annual event changed so suddenly anyway?

 

SinB noticed that the address given to her is already close to where she is. She rounded the corner and stop for a while to check her phone if the place is really right. She nodded when she saw that it is the same. She take a look on her watch and smiled when she saw that she’s not late, though she’s just three minutes early on the given time. 

 

Once she get out of her car, opened a little as her eyes appreciate the HUGE house in front of her. The size of the building was actually comparable to that of Yerin she saw last time. She wonders which of her classmates owned it. 

 

Since there are no walls blocking her way and the gate is wide open right now with no one guarding on it, she decided to walk pass the lawn and went straight to the front of the door. She pushed the doorbell that she found on the wall just before the door.


She didn’t hear any voice saying for her to come in but the thick wooden door opened so she walked in slowly, being alert of what might happen, it’s creeping her out and she thought that her classmates might have been pulling a prank on her.
She almost screamed and jumped when she have felt hands s their way around her back, giving her a small hug. People might see it like she’s overreacting for such a simple thing but she got a past that has been hunting her, which makes her so alert especially when she thought things shouldn’t be the way it seems and when things creep her out because she felt like something is wrong.


Thankfully, before she even panic and try to protect herself, she recognized the two very familiar hands hugging her and the smell of a perfume of Victoria’s Secret. She felt safe once knowing who it is even without turning her head to look who it is. But then, something clicked on her mind – she just realized what is happening.

 

“Wait, Dahyun, why are you here?” She said, gently pulling Dahyun’s hand away from her. It is not that she really doesn’t want to be hug. To be honest, the hug was nice, it even made her calm down for a moment not until she remembered that Dahyun shouldn’t be here.


Dahyun pouted at her and SinB can’t help but to notice her full lips which seem like it is covered by a light pink-colored lip balm. SinB almost laugh when she saw this expression on Dahyun’s face. She knows she can easily produce that expression on her and she doesn’t know why but she felt happy just by it. Though, the happiness would not really be effective on making her forget the fact that Dahyun is here when she shouldn’t. 

 

But, it looks like she’s wrong too

“My SinB, is that the right way to greet the owner of the house? Especially, when you walked in yourself?” 

 

SInB arched her eyebrow at her as she looked at her.  “What do you mean? Don’t lie. I came here for practice and this was supposed to be the address.”
Dahyun only smiled at her and slowly shake her head as she moved nearer to SinB, making SinB step back. “You’re so silly SinB, you know this is my house.”

 

SinB took another step back. “No, I don’t. And is this a prank? Where are my other classmates? Did they decide to hold the practice here? That’s absurd.” SinB blurted out all the things she had been thinking. “You’re not my classmate Dahyun.”

 

Dahyun laughed at her. “Of course, I’m not your classmate.” She said, before grabbing SinB’s arm and hauling her inside the house. SinB was surprised and still confused that is why she couldn’t do anything but to follow the other girl.

 

    Dahyun guided SinB to her living room and SinB’s eyes immediately roamed around, searching for any familiar face of her classmates. And, once she did, a feeling sunk on her. 

 

    It’s a set-up.

 

    She was busy sewing the little information she had that she didn’t notice that Dahyun pushed her gently on the black leather for her to sit. Dahyun then sat beside her, too close, which makes her snap out of what she’s thinking.

 

    She move some inches away from her and gave her a confused look. “What am I doing here Dahyun? I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter