Her and Her

Love Star (Broken Wings)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: A New Beginning
 

                I didn’t know where she went to. All I know is that the chaos a while ago died down as she left the classroom. Yesterday, was her first day here and the people is still not over the fact that they have a super famous celeb studying here.

 

Well, Am I not too?

 

                I sighed. Yes, I’m still not over it. Not that she’s studying here, but, the thing is, the girl I helped last time and had a HUGE crush on was super famous. It was unbelievable. I didn’t know such a coincidence like that can happen.

 

                I sighed again as I look at my notebook. Ugh. What happened yesterday made it worse. She just saw my doodle on my notebook. But, wait, to my defense, I’m not thinking clearly when I draw those things. Oh, noooo. Wait. That makes it even worse because that just makes me look like I’m thinking about her even when I didn’t know.

 

Ugh. Hwang Eunbi, get a hold of yourself.

 

                How can I face her tomorrow?

 

                I exaggeratedly sighed again and shove my things inside my bag. My friends, who went out earlier faster than anyone just to follow their idol, might already be waiting for me at the gate... or perhaps the cafeteria? I headed on my locker and fish my phone out of my pocket to send them a message.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------

To: EunBunnie (EunBi)

-------------------------------------------------

Annyeong! Where can I find you? Are you with the others? I hope you respond to my text and not just stare at space, still fangirling over Star. I need to find all of you so everyone of us can go home. Whatd’ya think?

 

I’ll just put my things at my locker. See you.

 

 

 

                Oh God, how can I face that celebrity tomorrow? She has seen my doodle and that’s so embarrassing.

Why did I even put hearts all over it?

Oh, please ground, swallow me whole! If not, then God make her forget about it.. maybe, she tripped, then she only forgot what happened yesterday, yeah, just yesterday. It would be terrible if she completely forgotten about herself and the whole world.

 

Absolutely terrible.

 

                I’ve arrived at my locker and when I’m about to open it, I’m startled by a voice.. A voice which I think comes from an angel.

 

                “Why the cold shoulder SinB-ah?” she asked from behind.

 

                I turned my head to look at her and I saw Dahyun. Guess, I’m not wrong. I’m not bitter so I admit it, she’s an angel, I won’t take that back. But, she broke my heart and that – that matters. So, I pretended I didn’t hear her and I continued what I was about to do. I heard her footsteps getting near and that alerted me.

 

                “I’m serious babe. I really want to be your friend. Please don’t avoid me like what you did a while ago. It hurts.” Her warm breath against my ear felt uncomfortable, so I turned and leaned away from her.

 

                “Dahyun.” I said in frustration.

 

                “You did ignore me, twice, just this day. TWICE, SinB. Twice.”

 

                I sighed. I think the first one is not intentional anyway. I’m thinking about me, wanting to be swallowed by the Earth or a certain celeb forgetting what happened yesterday, while I’m walking towards my locker so I think she said hi but I didn’t hear it.  And, that shouldn’t be my fault. Well, for me.

 

                “So? Did I? I didn’t noticed you, I’m sorry. I need to go.” I said, avoiding anymore conversation with her.

 

                “But babe, that hurts. But, okay, let’s ignore that. Next time make sure to notice me okay? Be alert.” She said winking.

 

                I gave her the cold stare.  

 

                “What?” she asked me..

 

                “I’m not your babe, and can you please not call me that again? I thought you didn’t want to be my girlfriend? Why are you still giving me mixed signals? It’s annoying.”

 

                There, I finally said it to her. Would she leave me alone now? Things are just getting awkward between us anyway. It feels bad to be rejected. I’m kind enough to actually talk to her or something. But, if she keeps on giving me mixed signals like this it makes me confused and later on feel like I’m just being played. And that is seriously annoying.

 

                She lowered her eyes.

 

                I thought, she, lowering her eyes would be the signal that our conversation has ended. But, I’m wrong.

 

                She ran her hand on her colored hair, just like the one you usually see at a shampoo CF, then, she glanced at me. “I’m sorry for turning you down, okay? I know it was wrong to that.. or it’s how I turned you down that is wrong. And I’m sorry. I know what you feel right now but please, give me a chance SinB-ah. Let’s be friends again. Please?”

 

                I crossed my arms in front of my chest then I raised one of my eyebrows. “What for? Don’t tell me it’s because of popularity reasons. You’re pretty popular enough to do that. You don’t need me for that.” I said turning my back on her to lock my locker.

 

                “Of course not! Why would I do such a thing?” She said, her voice raising a decibel higher. “Look, face me SinB-ah.” She said. And so I did.

 

                “Look, I’ll prove to you that I’m serious this time.”

 

                “How?”

 

                “Let’s go out. Today. Just you and me. No mixed signals, I promise. No other things but just friendship talk. You in? Sounds good?” She asked me while holding my shoulders to make me face her.

 

           I thought about it for a moment. If I’m correct, Dahyun would continue to bug me If I didn’t agree to this. I could always try to avoid her but that would be such a hassle since we’re basically just in the same school and we’re probably going to run in the same circles in the future. Since, she told me she also wants to be an idol. Besides, having her a friend again would be better than being awkward to her ‘til the end of time.

 

I just have to work on forgetting what happened in the past, right?

 

                “Okay.”

 

                “Yay! That’s it SinB-ah!” She smiled so widely and was about to hug me.

 

                Before, she was able to, I immediately put my hand in front, between us, my palm facing her. I nodded at her. “I agreed but don’t forget your promise. This is just for friendship and nothing else.” I said.

 

                “Yup, sure! But, anyway, I’m fine with it. But, didn’t you have any feelings for me?” She asked and something snaps in my head, I know, but I controlled myself.

 

                “Dude. That’s strike one. I’m only until three strikes.” I warned her.

 

                “Geez, I’m just kidding.. let’s go?”

 

“I’ll just text Eunha unnie and the others so they’ll go home first.” I said as I’m texting already. I put my phone back at my pocket when I send the message already. I didn’t bother to wait and look if they’re going to reply because it will probably just an affirmation.

 

                “So, where do you want to go?” I asked her.

 

                “Hm, want to hang out at my favorite shop? They have nice sweets.”

 

                “Sure. If that’s what you want.” I answered.

 

                “Then, this way babe.” She said.

 

                And I just ignored what she called me.

 

                “Where is it? Let’s just meet at the shop. I’ve brought my car too.” I told her.

 

                “Hm. Okay then. I’ll just send you the address. You still have the same phone number right?”

 

                I nodded at her and went on my way towards my car.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter