Tell Me

Love Star (Broken Wings)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

I swear, I’m not fine. Why is she doing this to my heart?

 

 

 

Breathing the misty air, I touched my cheeks which she just poked as I look at her through the open castle door, directing to an outside elevated place, looking like a balcony.

 

She is standing there, her skirt swaying with the wind as her hair waltz with it. The sky is dark but there are little lights looking like flowers, floating on an ocean of velvety black. The moon glows it’s brightest on this night, illuminating her side profile that I could probably hail forever. She is quiet, taking in the scenery outside, only speaking to express quite some words of admiration. She strolled a little to widen her view as she observe everything with her eyes, eyes becoming wide as saucers, full of innocence.

 

She looks like she had seen another art worthy of praise. Although she turned to look at me to gain my approval about it.



 

“It looks beautiful, isn’t it?”



 

And I hummed as I walk near her. I took a glance at the sky above before turning my head to look at this deity beside me. She thought that it is an art, but she doesn’t know that upon seeing her I thought I have seen the sunlit dropped fall to my eyes like flower petals being blown by the wind,  it looks so beautiful. And all I could ever see right now is she - the embodiment of art itself.


 

Tell me, just how can she be so beautiful?


 

She has perfectly sculpted brows, chin that makes me battle with myself of fighting the urge to touch it, coiffed hair that seems to be in friend with the of the wind, and eyes that glimmer, reflecting the beauty in front of her.

 

Those orbs of her looks so good matching with her heart so true. I think I'm  already lovesick in the deepest degree. And I wish you could see what I do see.

 

I didn’t notice how long I have been looking at her but she cleared which turns me back to where I am. I sheepishly smiled, leaning on the cemented railings before I spoke.



 

“They are... But I think the Star beside me is way more beautiful than the ones above.”


 

I saw her look at me again slowly. A blush creeping on her soft cheeks as she shyly giggled, her eyes turning into a crescent shape that I thought the moon could wish it had. Her laughter creates little white marks of her breathe which looks like white smoke floating in the air, but again, all I could think of is how her laughter makes me feel calm and happy.


 

“I thought you’re a sweet person but I never thought you could be that smooth.” She commented.


 

And I cannot help not to break out a smile. “I’m glad you like it then.” I teased, earning myself a gentle slap on my shoulder.


 

But really, if we could be a part of this so called art, one could be a sculpture of a goddess exquisitely made, having all this awe-worthy features to be loved. And the other is probably a portrait in the style of cubism. It was made up of a mess of scribbled lines which could probably be me. After all, those lines aren’t all just lines anyway. And I hope that this goddess sculptured in the most beautiful way could find the art in me.

 

You know, I'm starting to love these late night conversations about sweet nothings I have with her. Either be it on phone or these kind of nights where I could be with her. I always tend to smile from ear to ear  as she speaks. Sometimes, I even thought we have this skill of telepathy because of how we almost seem to read each other's minds. And then I can go on and on about how she looks or sounds so cute, and how her voice makes me calm and yet it makes me wants me to giggle. And right now, standing with her in this balcony with the moon and stars illuminating some places and only a few little dim lights to lit where we are, I couldn't help but to be amaze how her eyes and smile fill the room with light in my perspective.
 

“Why do you seem to love looking at the sky?” I asked her, letting my back lean on the cemented balustrade and my elbows resting above it.


 

She only smiled at me and stayed quiet for almost a quarter of a minute before she broke the comfortable silence between us.


 

“Because in this way, I could think she could be looking at the same star as me. In this way..” her voice trailed, her tone sounding melancholic. And all I could only do is stare at her as my heart aches to a pain I don’t understand what.


 

“In this way.. I could think we are under the same sky. We could be close enough… to bump into each other, although we might not know it.”


 

And my heart aches more.



 

Longing. Sadness. Love. Wistfulness. And a bit of Happiness.


 

Why do I feel a lot of emotionos all mixed in? It’s too much that I need to inhale deeply and exhale them slowly as if they could be the air we breathe that goes away as we push them out.

I wanted to turn back the mood a while ago and smack myself for asking such a thing. But thankfully, she continued speaking. And now, with a brighter tone.


 

“But that is kind of with a touch of feelings of sadness. Which is not really that sad if you would know the real situation.”


 

I looked at her with a quizzical look and she just chuckled looking somewhere far, somewhere where the lights of the houses and buildings feels like they are a city of lights - changing colors - dancing for those who care to stop for a while and watch.


 

“It is not that I haven’t found her. I told you, I’ve seen her. I’ve touched her.  I actually has bumped into her once or maybe even thrice on different occasions.” She explained and that makes my eyebrows meet. “I have found her but she hasn’t known that yet.”


 

My eyebrows raised at that.


 

“Really?” I asked, a tone vague to describe.



 

She nodded, looking as if she is ready to fight for her opinion. Competitive, aint she?


 

“I even got spilled with coffee once!” She put he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter