Galaxy, Stars and Wishes

Love Star (Broken Wings)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Oh, actually, that’s not what I chose. Someone chose it for me and that’s why I told all of you to come here immediately.”

 

“Why? Who is it?” Umji asked, turning her gaze on her unnie sitting in front of her.

 

“I… actually forgot to ask her name, or I got shy? I don’t know. But, anyway, she looks so good! Saying she’s gorgeous is an understatement!” Eunha stated, almost fangirling already.

 

“Tsk. You’re just being gay again.” The younger Eunbi said, teasing the older.

 

“Shut it SinB. I swear, your jaw would fall to the floor once you see her.”

 

“O-oh! And she’s tall!” She added, making SinB stop chewing for a moment and swallow her food.

 

“Wait, tall? What do you mean by tall? Tall as in tall? Or, someone just taller than you? Because, if that’s the later then that mean she’s on the level with Umji and mine’s height, don’t you think so Umji?” SinB asked, knowing that would make Eunha pout again or shove her.

 

“I’m not small Eunbi.” She said glaring at SinB then she pouted, as what SinB expected.

 

“And, she is really TALL. Like if she stands her head would reach that.” Eunha said, pointing to the wood below the hanging shelf. “I swear.” She said, raising her hand a little as if she’s really making a promise.

 

“Okay, got it. Fine, I believe you now. So, you got a crush on her?” SinB asked directly making Eunha choke for a moment by the soft cake they ordered.

“What question is that?!” Eunha asked after drinking the cup of water Umji handed to her.

“It is just a question unnie.” That’s Umji answering the oldest of them calmly as if she’s expecting that her unnie would ask that.

“Excuse me?” Eunha started. “I am not. I just wanted to tell you all of that.”

 

“Sure sure. You just wanted to tell us the story of your encounter with this kind, tall and oh so gorgeous person who have helped you. That is why you even threaten us to pay for the food if we got here later than ten minutes.” SinB sarcastically said, not letting go of the topic.

 

Umji giggled knowing that SinB wouldn’t let them just go around. “Unnie, spill the beans. It’s sort of a year already since your last crush anyway. And it’s just a crush.” Umji said.

 

“Is that how long it is?!” Eunha asked, putting her palms on the table, looking so shocked.

 

“Nope.” Umji answered, popping the ‘p’. “It’s actually over a year already, but if we take Sojung managernim as a legit one, then, congrats unnie! You have been crushing on someone non-stop!”  Umji finished with a grin and raise her hand towards SinB for a high-five.

 

SinB, on the other hand, wearing a confused look, did a high-five with Umji, though she doesn’t know who that Sojung is. Why would she ever be interested on knowing the managers anyway?

 

“Who? What? Is that the one on your wallpaper?” SinB asked in curiosity.                                                             

“Yup. That’s the one.” Umji answered, instead of Eunha. “Her face answers it all. Am I right?” Umji added, gesturing her hand towards Eunha’s face.

 

“I – Well, who could blame me? She’s… She is –“ Eunha tried to defend herself.

 

“It’s okay. You don’t have to say those things again unnie. If we let you, we won’t be finished here. I even think you can make a book just by enumerating all the good adjectives you have for her.” SinB said, her face blank while she sips her juice on the straw.

 

“Just wait until you see her.” Eunha said making a face. “Umji knows it too.”

 

SinB just looked at Umji as if she wanted the other to confirm it, though this scene with the same lines has been repeating for about three times already.

 

SinB shifted to her seat and cleared earning the attention of the two who started eating their own share of the cake.

 

“Since were on that topic and I need information, as you all know, to build rapport. Can you tell me more about…err… Star?” SinB ended the sentence, looking away momentarily because she is embarrassed.

 

Eunha giggled. “You’re now interested in her?” She asked, teasing the other.

“Because I need to.” SinB answered, her tone flat but her face gives her away.

“Fine. I’ll let that excuse pass for today my other Eunbi.” Eunha said, shrugging her shoulder, then taking a spoonful of cake again. “But to let you know, you’re blushing.” She added, cake still in .

 

“I. Am. Not.” SinB countered.

 

“What do you want to know about her? Are we just going to say random things we know about her?” Umji asked, really going for it.

 

“Hmm… yeah, just anything.”

 

Eunha took a big bite again from the chocolate cupcake she ordered separately and the frosting on her hands before replying. “Her mom used to be a CEO of a company.”

 

“What? For real? Wow, that’s cool.” SinB responded, still forming an ‘O’ for seconds until she decided to ask another one. “Then, where is she?”

 

“Unfortunately, she’s not on this world already.” Eunha replied, while Umji nodded slowly, agreeing sadly.

 

“It is sad that some people who doesn’t like Star are stating that she used what’s left of that company to make herself successful right now. I mean, dude, what’s the connection of that company to her success right now? And, we all know that Star also started from auditions and being a trainee. Though, she already had a large fanbase considering her visuals and that she’s doing a cameo when she’s just a trainee.” Umji sadly voiced out her thought.

 

“Some people would really just hate if they wanted to.” Eunha shakes her head slowly, frowning. “Even without a confirmed or stable basis.”

 

Hearing about this, SinB couldn’t help but feel angry. “It’s unfair. Why don’t they try to know the person first before doing all those crap s.”

 

“Woah, SinB, language.” Eunha said while pointing to Umji.

 

“We have the same age unnie.” Umji kindly responded.

 

“Oh, haha. Right, my bad.” Eunha giggled. “Ah, but SinB over here is not as innocent as you.” The older Eunbi said which makes SinB to just grimace in an effort to act annoyed.

 

“Oh, then what about her dad?” SinB changes the topic as she feels sad and she doesn’t want it. Her food is something that shouldn’t be left there just because of a vanishing appetite.

 

Eunha took another bite and chewed slowly. She lowered her gaze as if she didn’t want to answer the question. Not getting an answer from Eunha, SinB got more curious and so she turns her attention to her friend, Umji. However, Umji ,on the other hand, upon realizing that SinB would get the information from her took a big bite from her vanilla cupcake and chewed again, agonizingly slow.

 

SinB could already imagine how Umji’s brain process her question, digesting it, and probably finding a suitable answer to her question.

 

“We don’t know much about her dad. Actually, we don’t really have that much information about her family. It’s weird but maybe she’s a high profile, maybe she’s a chaebol. You know about protecting stuff, their company and all.” Umji stated.

 

"Somehow, like you and Eunha unnie here. You dont let much information go out right? especially since you two are chaebols too."

"You are too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter