Who Are You?

Love Star (Broken Wings)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1: WHO ARE YOU?

 

HWANG EUNBI’s POV

               

             I fetch my phone from my bag as I get out of my car, I hurriedly dialed my mom’s phone number as I walk fast.

            “Mom, I’m already here. I’m entering the building now. What floor is it again?” I asked when she picked up.

            “It’s on the 22nd floor. Just tell the receptionist at the lobby you’re here for Jessica Jung and he’ll let you in. I already told him about you coming, so he’s probably be waiting for you there. Thank you.”

            “Alright mom. Ew, you’re cold. At least tell your daughter a ‘thank you’ with feelings. I just felt the cold there.” I laughed as I .

            “Don’t ew me, Hwang Eunbi. I’m your mother and you’re also cold so don’t you ever tease me about it if you’re at it again. We’re the same. Now, get your here, fast. I need to finish this early so that I can also finish the discussion with WanShi company earlier too. Or, you can take your time so that I can’t eat dinner with you at home later.” My mom told me completely blocking my teases.

            “Okay. I’ll call you later.” I said as I laugh at her. She’s cold but I know she’s warm inside. She might actually looks cold but once you knew her you’ll be amaze that she is so warm and at the same time, funny and caring too.

            I entered the building and whistled as I saw how it is designed. It is evident that this building is owned by a well known fashion company internationally. This building is one of the largest in the city and is used for a lot of Korean dramas even movies of other countries, commercials, photo shoots and other things. Yes, it is that big that it has a lot of designs making it not obvious in those films that it is just the same building.

            I look around, searching for the man my mother is talking about. I sighed, I guess I should really go to where the receptionists are. But before I arrive at their place, a man with blonde hair and at average height saw me and went towards me. He probably knows me right away, since I somehow resembles my mom. Still, I told him my mom’s name, he nodded as he showed me the way to the elevators and get all the stuff I’m carrying. I refused but he told me that he might get fired if he didn’t. I chuckled at that and said,” She’s not that cruel. She might be cold from her looks but trust me, she isn’t.” I handed him the things I have and smiled at him. “Do I look like I’m not that friendly too?” I jokingly asked him. He looks at me and laugh. “No, you’re not. But at first, yes. Actually, I immediately recognized you, even before you told me your mother’s name. Oh sorry, I mean, our CEO’s name. You both have that vibe. I hope you don’t get mad at that.”

            “Nah, it’s no biggie. And I knew it too.” I said.

Ding!

            “What’s your name?” I asked as I step out of the elevator.

            “I’m Jimin, Miss Hwang. Uh, Miss Jung? I’m sorry. I’m new here and I don’t know what to call you.”

            I smiled at him. “You don’t have to be sorry. And, just call me SinB. It’s my nickname. I prefer interacting with people like we’re friends or with same age.” I said while getting all my things from him.

“Thank you. You may go now.” I told him and he bowed at me and left.

            “Eomma, I’m here. My beautiful is here as fast as you would want to.” I said. I grin as I hear her laugh from the other line.

            “I don’t know why but that sounds gross. Anyway, I have to agree to that since I’m your mother. It’s gene that is working.” She said. I heard her shout “Let her in!” on the other line, again, since this building looks like all its walls are sound proofed.

            The door opened in front of me. I was welcomed by a lady wearing a fashionable dress. “Miss Eunbi, your mother is inside.” She said as she politely gestured me to go in. I nodded at her and went straight to my mom.

            “Mom, here.” I give her all the clothes I brought.

            “Thank eunbi-ah.” She stand up and embraced me. Then she whispered,”I’m sorry but I told you not to to call me mom at workplaces.” She move away while looking at me apologetically.

            I smiled at her, silently telling her that I understand and it’s not a big deal. She looked at me lovingly and I know for sure that she’s currently thanking me though she doesn’t voice it out. My mom and I have agreed not to call each other in a close manner. She said it is to protect me and at the same time it is for professionality.

My mom is actually the CEO of Blanc & Eclare company. It is a fashion line with things ranging from eyewear, denim, ready to wear clothes, cosmetics to accessories. At the heart of the Blanc & Eclare design perspective is that less is more. Its logo was actually designed to express this philosophy, so there’s a division sign nestled within the classic lettering of the brand name. It means that the company bridges the divide between the classic and the fashion forward. All the items in here reflect my mom’s personal taste and inspirations. I’m actually thinking why she forgot to bring these clothes here. She’s usually an organized person. She’s been a kpop idol at her teenage years until she was dismissed from her group, Girls’ Generation. She then launched her own fashion line. And now, Blanc & Eclare is one of the top known fashion line internationally. I wonder who will model the clothes right now. It is usually mom or my aunt, Krystal Jung.

 

 

----

 

               Inside the big room, everyone was busy preparing for the photoshoot. Photographers were setting up their equipments and checking their cameras, people in charge of the wardrobe were carefully selecting an outfit and some of them asked me for suggestions. Basically, all of them are doing each of their own set of tasks.

               “Have you eaten your breakfast, SinB? I cooked at our house and brought some here. I have them at my room. If you don’t want to eat that. There’s food in the other room for the staff, you’re always welcome to eat there.” My mom told me. I was about to answer her question but she speak again. “Or I would order someone to cook at the kitchen and deliver it here? What would you like?” She asked while she’s looking for her phone.

               “No. It’s okay. I already ate ‘the thing’ you cooked. Though, I don’t even know what’s that or if it’s edible.”

               “Wow. I’m speechless. You’re definitely savage. I sometimes wonder where did you get that.” She said slightly shaking her head while looking at me teasingly.

               I retaliated. “It’s genes working.” Then I smirk at her. “Anyway, I still have my school, remember it’s my first day. Gotta go, Mrs. Jung. It looks like you’re going to be busy for the day. Just tell me all about it when you get home.” I added with a genuine smile.

               She nodded. “Sure, See you later! Be sure to do great at school.”

               I wave at her as I turn on my back. I exited the building and as I made my way towards the parking lot outside the building, I parked my car outside instead, since parking on the company’s underground parking lot would be a hassle for me. Not that I’m lazy or anything but doing so will consume some of my energy and I’m saving that precious energy of mine, since school is here again and I would be able to use the school’s dance studios.

               As, I was on my way to school, I noticed a café. I’m not that fond of coffee and I don’t hate it too. But, since I would probably just sit there at school listening to the lectures maybe I should drink some. I checked my watch and I found out that I still have two more hours before the classes start. My schedule for this semester is different each day and today we start at 11am.

               The aroma of beans and cream welcomed me as soon as I open the door. The scent smelled so delicious that it boosted my mood. Only two people were inside at this café, aside from me. And it looks like they too just have arrived as we’re here, on the counter. A guy, probably in his twenties, wearing a business attire is ordering while the girl infront of me, perhaps about the same age as I or maybe younger than me is donning black jeans and an Armanni shirt with a black butterfly printed on it which accentuated her toned and slender body.

               I glanced at her again while I’m waiting in line, which is something I can’t avoid since she’s infront of me. Though, her face was somehow covered by those shades she wears and her hair was hidden by her cap, she looked VERY familiar. It was like I’d seen her before or I knew her. However, I quickly dismissed the idea since, I wouldn’t meet her again anyway after this.

               I started to observe the design of the café since the guy in front is taking too long. And with that, my mind started to pick up how great the smell of the girl in front of me. I should ask her perfume, I thought. I might look like a creep if I really just ask that directly. So, I decided to talk to her first about some random things. But, before I tap her shoulder, the guy infront suddenly turned around and spilled coffee all over her shirt.

               “Ouch! Oh my God! That hurts! Ottoke?” the girl in front of me flailed her hands helplessly at her shirt. The man just stared at her and instead of apologizing; he quickly got out of the café, leaving the girl behind. What a jerk, I thought.

               I sighed as I hurriedly grabbed tissue from the counter and wiped the girl’s chest with it, without even thinking, in effort to help her. She backed away from me, but I still tried to dab the tissue since I know that she was hurt and her shirt is soaking wet.

               “A-are you hurt?” I asked her in panic.

               “I’m sorry, but please don’t touch me. I can manage. Who are you?” She asked as she pushed my hands away.

               I stopped, then I asked her in a very serious manner, “Are you hurt or not?” I’m worried about her being in pain but it looks like she isn’t.

               “Uh, not really.” As she take a look at her shirt and groaned. I followed her gaze and I noticed her bra can be easily seen through her shirt, since it was already semi-transparent because of its wetness. I quickly looked away and said,”Come with me. I have an extra shirt on my car.” I pulled her out of the café and head straight to my car. Once we reached the car, I told her to go at the back of the car as I would just look for the shirt that I have. I found the shirt that I, luckily, always keep for emergency situations like this. I handed it to her behind me without looking back.

               “Thank you.”

               She removed her sunglasses and the cap letting some of her hair loose. I looked and I noticed her coffee colored eyes and I, for a moment, got lost in them. To my embarrassment, she caught me looking and she met my gaze which made my heart beat like crazy, just like a teenager in her puberty, meeting her love for the first time. Well, that made sense, since I’m a teenager. She surprised me when she removed her wet shirt while I was STILL staring at her. I blushed so hard and I swear, my heart hasn’t pounded this hard for a long time.

               “H-hey, w-what are you doing?” I asked her, without thinking as I was surprised by her actions.

               “I’m changing.” She casually answered, as if she was used to in this situation, changing her clothes with others seeing her.

               “Ah, o-okay. Just hurry.” I replied with a slight change in my voice as I turn my face in front, completely red from embarrassment.

               “I’m done.” She said after a few seconds. “Thanks for the shirt. I like it.”

               “Yeah, sure.”

               “What’s your name again?”

               “I’m Eunbi. Hwang Eunbi.” I told her.

               “Alright, Eunbi… I need to go now. Thank you again for lending the shirt. I’ll give it back to you, I promise. Since, it looks like it’s expensive. I noticed it’s Blanc & Eclare, is this real?” She said continuously.

               I chuckled. I see, she can also talk a lot. I thought. Since, all I here from her at the beginning were just short responses. “It is.” I answered her.

               “I see. I’m sorry for asking, can’t stop my mouth driven by my curiosity. Can you give me your number so I can contact you once I have it washed? Or I can pay you right now for it so we don’t have to go through any trouble? Your choice.” She told me as she smiled, the smile that highlighted her gorgeous eyes, her nose and her full lips.

               Well, I don’t want to admit it but if there’s a chance to see this pretty girl again, I would gladly take it. “No, you don’t have to pay me. I’ll give you my number.” I said quickly as I recited my number and she put it in her phone.

               “Okay, good bye Eunbi.” She told me as she exited the car.

               “Wait, I forgot to ask you your name.”

               She looked back and smiled at me. “I’m Yerin. Nice to meet you Eunbi.” She said as she place her hands in front of her to shake mine.

               I tilted my hand a little, because, come on, there can be a lot of Yerin. She didn’t told me her surname. “Surname?” I inquired again.

               She chuckled but instead of answering my question, she said, “Nice to meet you.” As she gesture her hand for a handshake again.

               I reached out and touched her. I bet my hand is wet right now from nervousness but I guess she didn’t mind, she didn’t seem to. To be honest, letting go of her hand was so far from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter