Falling: Slipping on Stardusts

Love Star (Broken Wings)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                      It is rare.

 

                      It’s rare that she slept without anything discombobulating her mind.

 

                     Somehow, she has long accepted that she won’t have this peaceful sleep anymore. Well, probably, there might be, but it’s on a blue moon. But, this time, not a single dream and not even a single buried memory resurfaced. Nothing has created tumult in her mind. It feels so refreshing and calming that it is so unusual for her.

 

 

                   Is it a blue moon today? I didn't hear that on the news..

 

                   I’m not complaining, I have been praying for this honestly, but it’s making me scared. Why? Because it has been so long since I experienced this. I can’t even remember when was the last time I did sleep like this.

 

                   And when did I value sleeping this much on my bed? When did I ever appreciate how soft my pillow is? I think it is the softest that I ever laid my head on.

 

                   Having the chance to sleep peacefully like this after a long time, partnered with a very soft pillow that she didn’t know she have until now, of course, she wouldn’t do anything but to enjoy it. And, as if the world wants her to come face reality now, the sunlight starts to peep through the window. SinB, with her eyes still closed, tried to hide from it by pressing her face on the mochi-like pillow and inhaled deeply.

 

                   Wow, I didn’t know mom used this kind of scent for the pillow cases. I should tell her later to continue using this. It somehow makes me calm down. Wait, it’s a familiar scent. Where and when did I smell this?

 

                   She tried remembering but… nah, why waste her time on remembering that, when she should just enjoy it now… while it last?

 

 

 

 

SINB POV

 

                   I embraced the pillow and pulled it closer to me while snuggling my head onto it. I let myself feel how the heavenly material moved against my skin. Why does it feel so warm?  A sigh escaped my lips as I feel more comfortable. Can I just stay like this forever?

 

 

                   Ah, the scent is really calming me down.

 

                   Maybe this has caused my nightmares to hide on the dark corners of my brain. They haven’t visited me since school started. Probably, my mom has started using this fabric conditioner that time.

 

                   Another sigh involuntarily escaped from my lips when the pillow pulled me closer, and hugged me, making me more high with the pleasant scent. What more makes me intoxicated is the fact that I heard heartbeats being in tune with mine.

 

 

                   Wait.

 

 

                   What?!

 

 

                   Heart… beats…?

 

                   Pulled me…closer?

 

                   Hugged me?!

 

 

                   My eyes snapped open in panic. Just what the heck is this?

 

                   And I found my eyes staring into a brown coffee colored ones.  I furrowed my brows for a moment, forcing my brain to work, to analyze who owned these beautiful eyes. Am I dreaming?

 

                   I almost flip, for real, when I realized that I was looking at Yerin. The butterflies in my stomach automatically flies around, making me feel this rollercoaster thing. Well, because, again, I’m looking at Yerin. It wasn’t that of a long time when I admit I have this interest on her but it somehow gives me these feels.

 

                   To be clear, It’s just interest, not even crush or something. I’m just interested.

 

                   Yeah, I'm jUst InTereSteD. That’s my brain challenging me. Why am I like this? I should control my twitter usage now.

 

                   I continued looking at her. That is, if ‘looking’ is really the correct word, because deep in my mind, it is not. Gazing…Staring…Those were the words that is better suited on what I am doing. But, Hwang Eunbi, aren’t you being shameless then?

 

                   I got awaken by my own question and that same thing applies with all my nerves. I figured out that my front was literally pressed on her body. The shared white comforter between us is clinging to our legs, which are tangled like vines. I feel her arms around me, and mine are around hers too. Without any exaggeration, I found ourselves locked in an embrace, making me realized that it was her front that I am snuggling into, and it’s not my pillow.

 

                   My cheeks instantly heat up and perhaps is now comparable into a tomato.

 

                   Aren’t you so lucky Eunbi? That’s what my hormones-driven mind thought, sarcastically, and perhaps with a little bit of truth.

 

                   I dismissed the idea quickly as to not to do anything more that will embarrass myself. But, the world is currently against me, as I found myself wearing nothing but my black cotton bra, and of course, my plain black colored undies.  Why didn’t I wear something more fashionable?

 

                   A quick look scan downward revealed that she was wearing her black undergarments too. But, hers were lace and has even intricate designs. God only knows how much effort I put in to make it just a ‘quick scan’, because I swear, saying the lady beside me y, is an understatement. And, I’m sorry, but I have to say the truth. She is beautiful... and,

 

                   She is hot.

 

                   HOT, in uppercase letters and with fire, if possible, to make it more accurate.

 

                   I looked up and I met her eyes again. But, this time, it made my face redder as ever as she just raised her eyebrows at me with an amused smile. It is as if she’s saying… “You done looking?”

 

                   I swear, I couldn’t ever be more embarrassed.  Can I blame it to my hormones? I’m just a teenager anyways.

 

 

                   In a split second, I untangled myself from her and internally hyperventilate as I sit on my bed. Wait, this isn’t my bed… and I’m not in my room – it is hers.

 

 

                   “W-why am I hugging you?” I somehow asked her while I grabbed the comforter to hide my ‘ness’.

 

 

                   Another smile appeared on her lips as she answered my question with another one. “Why? Would you prefer JiEun? Or would you like it if it’s Dahyun you were hugging?” The smile fades, as she looked directly into my eyes. It is as if she’s eagerly waiting for my reply. Well, I don’t know if it’s just me, my fantasy or what… But that’s how it looks like.

 

                   “No.” I answered her. I swallowed the lump in my throat and my drying lips because of nervousness. She then smiled at me but she didn’t say anything more. And, like a recorded tape, put backwards in a fast manner, the events from last night flashed before my eyes.

 

                   “But, what am I doing here? I thought I was at the party.”  I asked her, confused as how I should really be.

 

                   My eyebrows met as I forced myself to think what happened clearly.

 

                   There’s Dahyun telling me she’s getting Eunha, because my head started to hurt so much, and I think I got a panic attack. And then, JiEun arriving and doing that dirty thing to me. At the guest room, she did some things I don’t even want to remember… but then someone busted the door open. And, I saw her…

 

                   Wait. How does she look like again? Damn, I haven’t seen her clearly because of the blaring lights seeping through, considering, my state at that time.

 

                   Just when I thought, I have found her again. Just when I thought, I remember how she looked like. I sighed.

 

                   Then… what happened after that?

 

                   Was she able to save me? But, wait. If she did, then how did I end up with Yerin?  Am I  really just hallucinating and the one who found me is Yerin?

 

                   But that isn't the most important thing right now. I raised my head and gape at Yerin.  I pointed my hand at her and myself as I tried to ask with my voice cracking . “D-did something happen? I mean, you know…”

 

                  The smile on her lips remained as she pulled herself up. Embarassingly, I wasn't able to quickly look away so I saw how her stomach flexes as she  tried to sit, making my gaze travel downward to that small v-like shape, just before her black lace undies. I immediately collected myself to turn my gaze away, as I gulped loudly while she fixes the way she sits.

 

                  “Nothing happened.” She smirked before asking another question that could make my heart run a hundred laps. “Why? You want to?”

 

                  I swear, I thought my heart can now be in the Guinness book of world records for the fastest one to beat. My face is probably so red that the color red itself would be shy to come close.

 

                  But of course, my sanity is still intact and so I shook my head vigorously. “No. Of course not.” I swallowed before continuing. “I – I want to do it with someone I love. Of course. Not just because I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter