Nice Doodle

Love Star (Broken Wings)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           "Just wait. "Umji calmly said.

                3…” She then counted, as if she’s so sure.

 

               “2…” She continued. “I can’t believe you’re counting.” I said as the screams get louder.

 

 

               “1..” She finished.

                 I immediately looked at the door to see if it would open.

 

               I chuckled. Because it didn't.


                “Oops, looks like-–“ I was about to say that she’s wrong when the front door of our class opened in a hurried manner. And the crowd’s screams get louder. I immediately look to see who it is. And, I almost laughed when I saw Umji’s face surprised and... the person at the door. 

 

               Scratch that. They are two person.

              

               It is our lovely friends who went out to see that ‘Star’.

 

 

               “She’s really here! Omo!” Somi said with a loud excited voice.

               “She’s going at our classroom! That’s what I heard!” Jieqiong followed.

               I turned to see what’s Umji’s reaction. Guess, she's right. Then, she smirked. Wow, Umji smirked. I thought. Then, I’m surprised when the crowd became quiet. It looks like the professors where there already to make other students go back to their respective classes. Our prof entered and what followed make my jaw dropped.

 

               “I told you.” Umji told me. “I have to tell Eunha unnie about this.” She said while she get her phone from her bag.

               “Class, settle down. Please.” Our professor started.

               “Especially, you two. Don’t just stand at the door. Close it and go sit at your respective seats.” She ordered our two friends who have the same reaction as me. Surprise is clearly evident in the face as it is accentuated by an open mouth.

 

               “U-uh, yes.” The two said as they bowed and went to their seats.

               “So, I told you, I have an important thing to tell all of you. You see, As you’ve all known, this is ‘Star’. She would be in our class starting from today. I would leave the introduction to her.” She looked at her. “Please welcome her.” She finished.

               Our classmates, surprisingly, were acting abnormal. Well, abnormal since they’re fangirling and fanboying so much about the teen idol ‘star’ and right now, they’re quiet, clapping normally and smiling. Containing themselves. I thought.

               I looked back at the lady in front. I still couldn’t believe it. I thought it’s impossible.

               “Good Morning. Annyeong!~ I’m Star. My real name is Jung Yerin. Nice to meet all of you.” She said, smiling at the end, which earned a giggle from the girls and grins from the boys. “I’m a third year student and it’s actually my first time attending a school since I started on my career. I’ve been home schooled and had private tutors so everything is new to me. I hope, I’ll be friends with all of you and see you all around in the school. Please take good care of me.” She continued smiling, then she bowed.

                The whole class erupted in cheers, even Umji beside me, Somi and Jieqiong in front of us. “Oh my God! It’s her! I can’t believe this. I’m going to die.!” Someone said at the back.

               “I can’t breathe. Someone give me oxygen!” Another one said.

               The teacher tried to quiet the class down, once again.

               Me? Well, I’m still in shock and right now, I’m blocking all the noise that I’ve been hearing. I’m collecting my brain which has just been scattered. I get my pen and write something on my notebook as the teacher still continue trying her best to keep the class calm down while there’s the source of the commotion standing in front, watching.

               “SinB.” The prof called my attention.

               I ignored her and focused on what I’ve been writing. “SinB.” She said again. The name didn’t register at my head anymore and I continue drawing, I added hearts all over the page.

               “Hwang Eunbi!” She shouted.

               The name connected with my brain and I stood up without thinking. “Yes ma’am?! I mean, Miss Song. I’m sorry, I didn’t hear you.” I said in a rush as my face reddened in embarrassment.

               “I assumed I have you undivided attention right now. I just want to tell you that “Star’ here would be sitting next to you at this class. If you’ll be getting on the same class with her at other subjects, I would be happy if you and your friends would help her.  I want you to show her around the school when you have the chance. If she has difficulties with anything, then you have to help her.” Miss Song said.

               “Uh, why me?” I mumbled under my breath.

               Umji chuckled. And I glared at her.

               “Everyone knows you’re popular and a straight-A student. Same goes with your friends. So, you won’t have any problems with my requests. Is that Okay?” Miss Song said.

               “Yes.” I said. I can’t say no, anyway.

               I looked at the girl beside her named ‘Star’ or should I say, Jung Yerin.

               “Okay, Star, you can sit beside her now. There’s an empty desk there so make yourself comfortable.”, the teacher instructed.

               “Why there’s even an empty seat beside me?” I asked myself in a low voice.

               “I heard that.” Jieqiong, who is in front of me said.

               “People here in the school reserved that. In case, they want to experience sitting close to us. So, it’s like nobody owned that seat because everyone seems to have their rights to sit there.” She explained.

               “I can’t believe you did not even wonder why your seatmate always changes.” Somi said.

               Star already sat beside me so we stayed quiet. I take a little glance at her. Then, I took another one. She looks like the same with the girl I saw at the café. Wait, stop being dumb SinB. She said her name is Yerin. And right now, she just told the whole class that her real name is Jung Yerin. Yes, that.

               “Yerin?” I asked.

               She looked at me and smiled. “Hey, stranger.” She murmured under her breath.

               “Stranger? So you’re not the Yerin I met last time?” I asked shamelessly.

               She just smiled again and face the front again.

               “Uh-huh. I thought you’re a straight A student. Then why does a straight-A good girl student talking to her seatmate while the lecture is going on?” She asked wearing an innocent smile but her words are enveloped by playful and teasing tune.

               I looked at her and my eyes connected to her coffee colored irises. And, once again, I got lost in the depth of them. It’s like the first time we met and my heart beat and pumped hard against my chest.

               “What are you doing here?” I blurted out. She didn’t answer, she just looked at me and gave me a poker face. Then, she turned her head to look at the teacher.

               I’m annoyed. I surely am. She just ignored what I asked. And top of that, did she just mock me a while ago? I have my rights to choose if I would talk to my seatmate even if the prof is talking in front. It’s not indicated in the law that a top student can’t. I pursed my lips then focused in front.

               “Hey! You know her?” Umji asked, amazed.

               I just shrugged at her.

 

               After the class, Miss Park Ji Hyo get out of the room and some of the students followed. They probably would go to their next classes. Our friends and I have the same schedule so we all don’t have class for the next period. Some of the students stay to look, no wait, scratch that, that ain’t look like ‘just looking’, they stayed to ‘stare’ at her. Yes, they’re watching her with those eyes. My friends started to move their seats near Umji’s table.

               I looked at the girl beside me. She looks like she’s contemplating on something as she looked at the thing inside her small white backpack. She stood up suddenly and I’m startled at it so I immediately turned my head to look at the other side, which is Umji and the gals.

               “Hey.” I said awkwardly.

               I caught them watching me. “What?” I asked them.

               “You look like you’ve fallen for her.” The girl leaning on Umji’s desk whispered at me.

               “What? I’m not. Shut it Somi. She might hear you.” I whispered back.

               “Nuh-uh, she’s not.” She replied waving her palm at me. “She went out. Probably got another class. See? The other students whose main goal is to enjoy seeing ‘Star’ are getting out too.” She added, as she moved her arm as if she’s making something go away.

               I looked beside me and confirmed. She really went out.

               “I thought, you’re not a fan? I guess, you’ve just been converted.” Somi said.

               “She’s fallen at the hole. And I think she won’t get out of it.” Jieqiong followed.

               “Stop it guys. It’s not. I told you. I’m just surprised.”

               “Yeah. And I think I know why.” Umji blurts out.

               “Huh? Why? What is it?” The other two asked Umji and it actually includes me.

    

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter