A Glimpse of the Past

Love Star (Broken Wings)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Meanwhile, outside, the party is still going. Loud music can be heard blasting throughout the speakers. The frequently moving and changing colored lights illuminate the people on the dance floor jumping, bumping, touching and even grinding. Different kind of drinks are poured on every table. Their smell are being mixed that to someone with a weak stomach and not familiar in that kind of a scene, would categorize it as a foul smell and would find herself on the verge of vomiting. It isn't really that usual of a party. It is more like someone has unleashed the animals within the rich and popular ones, letting them have their freedom just for once. To put it in a word, it's a pandemonium.

 

And on that ocean of disarray and confusion, we can find a proper blonde lady sitting on a high chair in the corner, a glass of wine is elegantly placed on her hand.  She looks like she's lost there on the sea of drunken people. Because what she looks like isn't that of a person who would do something dirty. She's sitting properly, with neat clothes and her skin so soft and white that you would think she's not doing anything at all. However, it can be seen that she keeps on looking left and right, and sometimes standing a little, as if she’s finding a specific person. Honestly, she just arrived minutes before and since she’s not a party person, she finds the reason why she is there once she arrive. Of course, she's not a fond of this things, but she heard that a certain group of people have arrive, and so she attended too. She has gone around the entire floor but she haven't found them. Feeling tired,she decided to take a rest.

 

And, in that corner, she observes how the people gets wilder, more drunk, getting away from the innocent image they have been protecting all their lives. But as she remain there and watch them her heartbeat keeps on getting fast, raging even. It is as if something is telling her that something is wrong. She closed her eyes momentarily to keep herself calm. But as she opened it she saw a familiar image, a familiar face.

 

When was the last time she saw that kind of expression in her face? She asked herself as she watch the short haired girl frantically look around with that kind of face she never wanted to see on her.

 

Actually, not just a familiar face but three people anxiously looking on every corner, on every side, and on every spot. They are finding a certain someone hurriedly, in a panic state. 

 

But there she is with the same face, same eyes, but different style, different name, and yet the same person. It is still that Yerin, and she's seeing that familiar scene again, hopelessly and clueless. It is not the same scene but she knows they needed someone. They needed help.

 

Why didn’t I do anything for them the last time? Why did I let it happen when I have this kind of feeling in my heart already?


I wasn’t able to do anything. Am I that weak? She asked herself again as she deepen her frown.

 

Is this building up anxious feeling in my heart, right now, stating the same thing that I wasn’t able to decipher in the past? 

 

She weakly stands up and traverse the ocean of people.

 

Then, I won’t let it happen again. I don’t want to arrive there late to see a worried Jung Eunbi, hopelessly sitting there on the floor, on that white room with streak of tears on her face. I don’t want to see a broken Hwang Eunbi filled with bruises, wounds and with bandage enveloping half of her upper torso. And most of all, I don’t want to see her locking eyes with mine, yet her eyes are nothing but hurt and confusion.

 

But then, why do these things always happen?

 

And if I came back, If I did told them… Would they accept me?

 

 

Them. Are they really my friends? Eunbi, are they really the Eunbis I know? Did we really find them?

 

Perhaps, we did.

 

It is Kim Sojung who headed on that project anyway. She is the one who lead on finding them. I remembered, she promised me, that one time she find me on the edge of that damn company building. That time when I am so tired, and I just wanted to run away from pain, run away from my life. She told me, she’ll find them... and all I should do is live.

 

 

 

“, why did you even leave her Dahyun?!” She heard the frustrated voice of Eunha.

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know what to do because that was the first time I saw her like that. So, I figured that I should go and find you.” An almost crying Dahyun responded.

 

“Argh, where did she go?!” Eunha frustratedly asked though she knows no one would answer her .

 

She hates this kind of scene. She wants to cry because she felt like things are happening again. And she definitely doesn’t want that. She’s really going to blame herself if something happens to SinB once again. She doesn’t want SinB to experience anything near from that damn past. She has been doing everything to get SinB away from it. She even agreed to shut about that hideous erstwhile thing and yet it looks like all their sacrifices would be in vain.

 

Is hiding things from her even considered a sacrifice? Her mind questioned her. And she stopped and closed her eyes. She is still debating about it but she dismissed it and focused on finding SinB. We need to think where could she be.

 

 

Everything, every worried face, every shout and every words has been witnessed by Yerin and without thinking she stand on a table and shouted.

 

Heck, just think of the damage control later. I'm sorry Sojung-unnie, SinB is more important right now.

 

But her shout was ignored by the people who continued on tainting their own images.

 

Of course, what did you expect Star? You’re just the same as them. She told herself.

 

But, no, she won't stop now. She'll definitely save her.

 

She hurriedly went to the stage and did something that would catch more attention.

 

“Listen over here!” She shouted on a microphone she got, effectively making the people on the dance floor stop. She shoots dagger looks to the DJ who is still playing the music. “Shut that damn music first, will you?” She said, her voice unwavering.

 

Everyone looked and quieted. Every eye is focused on her. Even Dahyun and Umji paused for a moment. Of course, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter