Saved by the Kingka

Midnight Illusions Collection of Short Stories

for BooJen! I'm so sorry for the delay! Please enjoy!

Written By ; happybubblelove

 


 

Jenny walked down the hallway with her head held high, a smirk on her face. The stares from all the other students would surely be intimidating to someone else, but not for her. By the time she had moved for her third time, she had already grown accustomed to the stares she would get, along with her brother. Resisting the urge to roll her eyes at the not-so-quiet whispers, she concentrated on getting to her classroom and along the way, she managed to pass a group of girls that almost made her stop and stare. They seemed to all be wearing uniforms a size too small, making the outfit look impossibly ridiculous.

 

Beside her, her brother let out an amused laugh under his breath, knowing exactly what these girls were like. Even in their old school, the two siblings were surrounded by fakes and there was no doubt that these nine girls were no different. Keeping her head up high, she kept on walking confidently, despite the uneasy feeling in her stomach. After so many new schools and so many times she was bullied, she had learned that it was better to not show weakness.

 

“I need to go to my class first. I’ll catch up with you later, alright?” Jaejoong spoke quietly beside her, giving her a quick squeeze of the hand before he left, leaving Jenny all alone. Almost as soon as Jaejoong was gone, she heard an obnoxious coughing behind her. Turning around, she saw those nine girls from before standing there with their hands on their hips.

 

“Hi, I’m Taeyeon, but you probably already knew that.” The girl in the front spoke, her nasally voice hurting Jenny’s ears. “We’re SNSD, the queenkas of the school so if you know what’s best for you, you’ll stay out of trouble with us.” Taeyeon flipped her hair over her shoulder before turning back to Jenny with a fake smile.

 

“Look, I don’t really care about this, can you please just let me get to my class?” Jenny’s words were cold and she resisted the urge to just punch Taeyeon’s face before she got to homeroom. A few of the girls gasped at her words before they all glared at her, identical expressions on their faces.

 

“Who do you think you are? You can’t just talk to us like this!” A girl beside Taeyeon shrieked, making Jenny roll her eyes.

 

“Yuri, be quiet!” Taeyeon said. “That hot guy that you were just walking with? Stay away from him. He’s mine so you better back off.” Jenny almost snorted. They thought that she was dating Jaejoong?

 

“You can’t tell me what to do.” She spoke defiantly, returning the deadly glare with one of her own. “I’m not going to stay away from him just because you told me to.”

 

“You….you !” Taeyeon screeched, bringing her hand up as if to slap Jenny but before she could hit, Jenny grabbed Taeyeon’s wrist. Her grip tightened around Taeyeon’s wrist but before she could say anything, another voice interrupted.

 

“What’s going on here?” A male voice spoke and Jenny turned to see a group of guys standing there. Immediately, the girls of SNSD swarmed around them, their whining voices making Jenny almost wince.

 

“Oppa,…” Taeyeon whimpered, her voice turning sugary sweet, as she turned to the guys. “Oppa, she’s hurting me!” With an annoyed sigh, Jenny let go of Taeyeon’s wrist and turned to look at the guys. They were good looking, Jenny admitted to herself, although she would certainly never let them hear her say it, and even though most of them seemed bored, she could see the amusement twinkling in their eyes. Taeyeon whimpered and rushed over the one of the guy’s side, grabbing a hold of his arm and turned to Jenny with a smirk.

 

“Oppa, look what she did to me!” Taeyeon’s voice was making Jenny more agitated by the moment and Jenny watched with bored eyes as she held up her wrist to her “oppa”, letting him see the non existent marks on it. Jenny squeezed her eyes shut, resisting the urge to go up to Taeyeon and slap her until she would just be quiet. “No one hurts a queenka and gets away with it, especially not some new tomboy who doesn’t even know how to dress well!”

 

“Better a tomboy than some plastic .” Jenny smirked, making sure that Taeyeon could hear her before walking past them and towards her class confidently. As she walked past, she swore that she heard someone chuckle lightly over the loud shrieks but she didn’t bother to turn around and find out.

 


 

“I’ll be fine, oppa.” Jenny rolled her eyes, trying to inconspicuously pull down her skirt. She had finally got her school uniform and so far, she certainly was not enjoying the fact that she had to wear such a short skirt for so many hours. All day long, she’s caught guys watching her with hungry expressions and it had taken much of her self control to not just punch one of them. “You can just go ahead. I’m fine just walking home alone.”

 

“Alright. Just make sure that you call me if you need anything, alright?” Jaejoong gave in, giving her sister a quick hug, being the only person she would ever allow to do so, and a quick peck on the cheek before waving to her and walking away, turning to the left at the end of the hallway. There was practically no one in the hallways other than herself, since school ended over an hour ago. Jenny stayed after to study a bit in the library in order to finish all her homework and eventually decided to start heading home after taking a quick stop at her locker.

 

Turning the combination quickly, she put all the unnecessary books into her locker and placing a couple notebooks in her back before closing the door heading. Letting out a sigh, she started walking towards the main entrance when she suddenly noticed someone behind her. Turning around, she found herself face to face with the queenkas of the school once again.

 

“What do you want?” Jenny asked impatiently, not in the mood for SNSD again. She was tired and wanted nothing but to go home and just sleep.

 

“I want to teach you a lesson. You thought you could just mess with me and walk away from it? Think again.” Taeyeon spoke nastily, glaring at Jenny.  Slowly, the girls started circling her and even with her protests and punches, she was outnumbered. Eventually, she found herself being shoved roughly into a closet and the door was slammed shut on her, leaving her trapped in the darkness. She tried opening the door but realized that it was locked from the outside.

 

“Help! Someone, please help!” Jenny cried out, slamming her fists against the door. Yuri had taken her bag away from her and since her phone was in it, she was stuck in the dark, small closet. Even though she was tough and was rarely scared, Jenny was claustrophobic and hated small spaces. She kept on hitting the door, hoping someone could hear her while her breaths started to get quicker and shallow. “Please… someone…” She cried out after what seemed to be an eternity, feeling herself start to get light-headed.

 

She slid to the ground, struggling to calm herself before she got a panic attack but eventually gave in, letting herself fall unconscious. She thought she heard the door opening and tried to keep her eyes opened to see if there was light but she fainted before she could find out.

 


 

Doojoon was walking down the empty hallway, having just left from the music room. He had been working on a new song for a while now but decided to just head home for the day. As he was walking towards the door, he heard a faint voice calling for help.

 

“Please…someone…” The soft voice was coming from ahead and he rushed forward, only to hear a thump in the janitor’s closet. Walking closer, he realized that the door was locked and realized that there was someone locked inside. Scrambling to get the door open, he barely had time to react when someone fell forward and he caught her in his arms.

 

The girl was unconscious and seemed familiar. Doojoon stared at her and then, Taeyeon shoving her wrist in his face appeared in his mind. She was the girl who Taeyeon had been complaining about, the one who made him laugh the other day. What was she doing locked in a closet after school? She didn’t seem like the type of girl who would let others do this to her. Staring at her, Doojoon realized that even unconscious, this girl was still extremely beautiful but immediately pushed that train of thought away. He had heard all the rumors about the mysterious new girl, the ice princess that wasn’t afraid to throw a punch but he had never been this close to her.

 

Looking around, he couldn’t see her bag lying around and decided that he couldn’t do anything but take her back to his house. He had no idea who to call to help her and he certainly couldn’t just leave her here. Lifting her up, she was surprisingly lighter than he expected and he had no problem carrying her bridal style towards the main entrance.

 


 

Jenny woke up startled, covered in a thick comforter in some unknown room. Even though she had no clue where she was, she was glad that the lights were on in the room, which made her feel slightly comforted. Taking a look around, she immediately realized that the room belonged to a guy, although it was a bit cleaner than she would’ve expected.

 

“You’re awake.” Someone spoke beside her and she jumped slightly, turning to see a guy sitting beside her, putting down a book by the nightstand.

 

“Where…where am I?” Jenny asked him uncertainly, her voice cold again.

 

“I found you locked in the closet in school and since I didn’t know where you live, I decided to take you to my house. I hope you don’t mind.” He explained a boyish smile on his face. Jenny found herself smiling back at him, much to her surprise and his.

 

“Thank you.” She spoke softly, looking down, feeling embarrassed that he had found her in such a weak state.

 

“I’m Yoon Doojoon.” He introduced himself, making Jenny smile.

 

“Kim Jenny imnida.”

 

“I hope you don’t mind me asking, but what happened?” Doojoon asked her but she merely shook her head.

 

“It was nothing.” Getting up, she looked down to see that she was not dressed in her uniform. Instead, she was wearing a sweatshirt and a pair of loose shorts, which immediately made her look up at Doojoon to demand an explanation.

 

“I have a maid and she helped you change.” He quickly reassured her, much to her relief.

 

“Thank you so much, Doojoon-sshi.” Biting her lip, Jenny looked at Doojoon uncertainly.

 

“Do you want me to drive you home?” He offered. A few moments later, they were out of his house and into his car, driving into the road, the two of them falling into a comfortable silence.

 


 

“Jenny-noona!” Jenny heard someone call out and turned to see Dongwoon rushing up to her, an excited expression on his face. “Hyung said that we’re going clubbing today, do you want to go with us?” It was rare to see Dongwoon so excited about anything and Jenny couldn’t help but smile back at him. “Please, noona?”

 

“Sure.” Jenny agreed, knowing that Doojoon liked to go clubbing. “I’ll go with you.”

 

“Yes!” Dongwoon cheered. “Doojoon hyung said that he’ll pick you up later tonight.”

 

“Neh! Thank you, Dongwoon.” She responded as he rushed off, most likely to tell Doojoon that she had agreed. It had been a few months since Doojoon saved her from inside the closet and since then, she had gotten much closer to him and the other members of B2ST as well. Doojoon turned out to be the leader of B2ST and was funny and outgoing, and one of the closest friends she had ever had.

 

Since Jaejoong was on a class trip for the week, Jenny was able to return home and go to the club without getting into any serious trouble with him. Picking her favorite black dress and applying a bit of make up on, she put on a pair of heels and locked the door behind her as she heard Doojoon honk his car impatiently. As she stepped into the car, Doojoon let out a low whistle, making her smack his arm lightly.

 

“I didn’t know you could look like this.” He joked, making her glare at him.

 

“I don’t exactly wear dresses everyday, oppa.” She responded, crossing her hands. He laughed out loud, letting Jenny know that he was just teasing before driving off, his car racing past the streets. Once they reached the club, Jenny and Doojoon stepped out to be greeted with the rest of the B2ST members.

 

“Let’s go.” Doojoon exclaimed, throwing his arm across Jenny’s shoulders, something she was already used to. They were barely in the club for ten minutes when Jenny heard someone call Doojoon’s name over the music. She didn’t even have to turn to know that it was Taeyeon.

 

“Oppa!” She squealed loudly and Jenny had to look away in disgust. She looked worst than she did in school, dressed in a skimpy outfit that left little to imagination. She shrugged Doojoon’s arm off her shoulders to get herself a drink only to have him put it around her waist, much to her surprise and Taeyeon’s chagrin. “Let’s go dance, Doojoon oppa.”

 

“Sorry, I already promised Jenny that I would dance with her.” Jenny was about to open in protest when he pulled her onto the dance floor and placed his hands on her hips.

 

“Yah! Who said that I wanted to dance with you?” Jenny asked, aware of the heated glare that Taeyeon was giving her at the moment. If only looks could kill…

 

“Please, Jenny-ah.” Doojoon leaned down to whisper in her ear, pleading with her. Sighing, she gave in and started dancing with him. Turning to glance at Taeyeon, Jenny smiled smugly as she purposely leaned closer to Doojoon until their faces were only inches apart. “I’ll owe you one.”

 

“You owe me.” Jenny whispered as their lips came even closer in case he decided to protest. Much to her surprise, he did nothing but move even closer, until she felt his warm breath on her lips. Perhaps he knew what she wanted, why she was doing this, even though she didn’t.

 

“Then let’s this moment worthwhile.” His lips met hers in a passionate kiss and she weaved her hands into his dark locks, pulling him even closer, ignoring the calls from B2ST and the shrieks from Taeyeon as the two of them kissed. Eventually, they parted, only to have Doojoon press his lips against hers lightly once again, whispering softly.

 

“Saranghae…”