It's You

Midnight Illusions Collection of Short Stories
Story for Choi Soo Ae
Written by qwuin-tastic
 
-------------
 

WHAT?! My heart stopped beating. It this true? It can't be. Yeah, haah, it's just a dream. I oinched myself to see if it hurts, but nothing felt more hurt than my heart. How could you….?

 

"Soo Ae!" Changmin shouted my name, making me come back to reality. "Are you okay?"

 

"Huh? Oh, er, yeah." I gulped.

 

"So, how am I going to get Yeon Hee? Got any ideas yet?" He smiled, hoping I would say yes.

 

"N-no.." I shook my head. He let out a sigh and sat on a chair. He was thinking - hard.

 

I let out a sigh too, knowing I have to make him smile. I patted his shoulder but he didn't budged. I slapped his back, and he let out a cry of pain.

 

"YAH! Why did you do that for?" He rubbed his back.

 

"I was calling you but you didn't hear."

 

"Don't call me unless you have an idea." He pointed his index finger at me and turned around.

 

"But I do have an idea." I said.

 

"What?" He immediately stood up.

 

I whispered to him my idea. I saw him smile from ear to ear. He was loving my idea - big time.

 

"Soo Ae, that's brilliant!" He hugged me. Don't let me go, oppa. "I didn't know you were romantic?"

 

"Me too.." I mumbled.

 

"What did you say?" Changmin asked.

 

"Oh, nothing." I smiled.

 

-------------------------------

 

The next day, I was awoken by the vibration of my phone. Uhhh, who could that be?! It's only 8 in the morning! I looked at the screen and it said 'Cha-Changmin Oppa <3' OH!

 

I immediately pick up "Hello?" I said in a sleepy voice.

 

"Yah, are you still not awake yet?" He asked.

 

"It's only 8 in the morning."

 

"Yeah, so?"

 

"Ugh, this better be important, or else.." I said.

 

"Or else what?" He sounded scared.

 

"I'll kill you!" I joked.

 

"Haha, funny. But this is important." His voice became cheerfully all of a sudden.

 

"What?"

 

"Yeon Hee said yes!"

 

My jaws dropped. Okay, not what I wanted to hear at 8 in the morning. This is important? What about my heart? You jerk!

 

"Hello..hello? Soo Ae? You there?" I heard him say.

 

"Ah? Uh, yeah. That's…that's great." I cleared my throat.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

"Yeah" - I cleared my throat - "Fine, just fine."

 

"Okay…well, I got to go. I want to jog for a while. Wanna join?" He asked.

 

"Urm, no! I want to sleep." And I hung up.

 

I slammed my head on my pillow. I'm getting more bad news each day. What next? I have cancer? Uh. I closed my eyes, breathing heavily, and waited for me to reach dream land.

 

Eventually, after a few minutes, I entered dream land. I dreamt I was in a garden full of flowers - roses to be exact. I was holding hands with a boy. Wait, a boy?? Who…? I tried to turn my head to face him, but I couldn't see his face. He leaned in close to me and whispered "I love you". He leaned even closer and closed his eyes. Here it comes, a kiss!

 

Just when he was about to kiss me, my phone rang. Argh! I sit up from my bed, but my eyes was still closed. I reached for my phone and answered it.

 

"Soo Ae!" A boy called my name.

 

"WHAT?!" I shouted.

 

"Uh…it's me, Minho. Remember me?"

 

Minho? Minho, minho, minho…sounds familiar. I thought really hard to remember him.

 

"Err…." I said, still thinking.

 

"Minho. Changmin's cousin, Minho. Remember now?" I snapped my fingers. Now I remember him.

 

"Ohhh, yeaaaah~" I said. Then I remembered the past.

 

--FLASHBACK--

 

"Soo Ae~" Minho called me from behind.

 

I turned around but a bunch of flowers scared me and I fell down.

 

"Uh, what's this?" I stood up and asked, while rubbing my clothes.

 

"For you." Minho smiled at me.

 

"Why?"

 

"Because, I like you." He smiled some more.

 

--END FLASHBACK--

 

UH, that was when I was five! He can't possibly still like me. Could he?

 

"So, what are you doing?" He asked.

 

"Dreaming. Do you know I was having the greatest dream ever..?" I asked while rubbing my eyes and yawned.

 

"No, I didn't. What did you dream of? Me?" I heard him laugh. Goddd..

 

"No, I dreamt of -" No, I can't tell him. Luckily I stopped myself before I humiliate myself. "- never mind."

 

"What? Tell me, who was it?"

 

"So, what do you want?" I changed the topic.

 

"Uh, I want to meet you." I could sense him smiling.

 

"Fine." I wasn't in the mood to fight with him.

 

"Really?? I mean, ok. This afternoon then. Say…3 o'clock?"

 

"Okay." I hung up. I looked at the clock beside my bed. 1 o'clock. Crud. It's already 1?? I got up from my bed and dragged my feet to the bathroom. It took me 30 minutes to take a shower.

 

I went down to eat my breakfast lunch. Mum had left for work and my little brother went to his friends house. Dad went off-station two days ago, so basically I'm all alone at home. Mum left some pancakes for me in the oven. Yum, pancakes.

 

I jabbed my fork into my pancake and stuffed it into my mouth. I was too depress to go out. Why in the world did Minho force me to go out? I narrowed my eyes at the thought of that. After finishing eating, I washed the dishes and did the chores.

 

Before I knew it, it was 2.30 p.m. I went up to my room and changed my clothes. Then, I heard the doorbell. Uh, he's here already? I went down to open the door. I was expecting Minho, but I was surprised to see Changmin in front of my door.

 

"Changmin?" I tried not to sound so surprised.

 

"Why are you surprised? Don't want me to see you, is it?" I failed.

 

"No, it's not that." I shook my head.

 

"Why are you all dressed up? Going somewhere?" He smirked. Uh.

 

"Yeah. With, er, a friend." I smiled and faked a laugh.

 

"Well, can I come in?"

 

"Oh, right. Yeah, sure." Why am I so nervous around him?

 

I moved aside for him to step in. I was really nervous now. I'm worried he might see Minho. I tried to make him leave early.

 

"Why are you making me leave? Do you hate me or something?" He asked.

 

"No..it's not like that."

 

"Then, what's wrong?" Oh crud. He's looking at me with those eyes.

 

I was about to say something when the doorbell rang. Crap. It must be Minho. Crap, crap, crap! Changmin looked at me with confusion, then he went to the door. Nooo! I must stop him. Before I could do anything, he opened the door.

 

"Minho?" He said. I bit my lower lip and walked slowly to the door.

 

"Changmin?" Minho said.

 

"What are you doing here?" Changmin asked.

 

"I was just meeting Soo Ae." Minho hid something behind his back.

 

"What's that?" Changmin asked.

 

"What?"

 

"That."

 

"Nothing." Uh. I narrowed my eyes.

 

"If you guys want to be childish, go to your own house." I snapped.

 

"So, that's why you were trying to get rid of me. You want to meet Minho. Fine, I guess you have a new friend." Changmin said and left.

 

"Changmin! It's not like that!" I shouted but he ignored it and walked away. "Changmin…"

 

"I'm sorry. I.." Minho said.

 

"No, it's okay."

 

"What's wrong? You know you can tell me."

 

And right there, I cried. I cried in front of Minho. I couldn't hold my tears anymore. Minho hold on to me and brought me inside. I was still crying when he tried to comfort me. In the end, I stopped.

 

"Wanna tell me want happened?" He asked. We were hugging and it felt strange. But I know I can't get out from his grip. So I told him what happened.

 

"Well, just find a new boy." He said.

 

"Yeah but I can't just dump away my love for Changmin. I've loved him since we were young. I can't love someone else, the way I loved Changmin." I told him.

 

He didn't say anything else. He brought me a cup of water for me and left because I told him I wanted to be alone. Although he hesitated at first but then he gave up and left.

 

I went up to my room and dropped myself on my bed. I hold my phone in my palms and pressed 1. Changmin. I have to call him and apologize or he won't talk to me anymore. He's always jealous of Minho. I put the phone next to my phone and waited for his voice. But he didn't pick up. I called many times but he still didn't pick up. I threw my phone on my pillow and closed my eyes.

 

---------

 

Riinnngggg.

 

Uh, school has started. I walked in my first class; Math. When I walked in, Changmin was with Yeon Hee, hand in hand. I looked at him and he looked at me. But he glared at me and turned away. I sighed and walked my way to the back of the class. Next to Minho.

 

"Hey.." He greeted me.

 

"Hi."

 

"Are you okay now?" He moved my hair that was covering my eye.

 

"Urm, yeah." I removed his hand. I was still uncomfortable with him.

 

The teacher came in and started the class. I didn't pay attention at all to the teacher, I was busy looking at Changmin. I was busy figuring out what to do to make him forgive me.

 

Class finished and I slowly packed my books. The others had left the class and went to lunch. I didn't feel like eating so I went to the school garden.

 

But on my way there, I heard Minho's voice. And Changmin's! I hid behind the wall, trying to listen to their conversation. I couldn't quite hear it but I was sure Minho sounded mad.

 

The bell rang and I walked quickly away from that place, making sure no one saw me there. I was the first to enter my next class. I had the same class with Minho, so I waited for him to come in. But he didn't come to class, he skipped!

 

-----------

 

I don't know why but I felt pissed at Minho. Why did he get angry at Changmin? Why is he interfering with my love life? Ugh! I threw my pillow. I have to meet him. I need to tell him not to interfere. But before I could even get my phone, my mum called me.

 

I went down lazily and asked "What is it?"

 

"Phone call." My mum said, giving me the phone.

 

"Soo Ae…" A boy's voice said my name. And I knew whose it was.

 

"What do you want, Minho?" I asked, sounding cold.

 

"Can I meet you?"

 

"I'm not really in the mood to go somewhere."

 

"Please, just for a while."

 

"Uh, fine."

 

I got ready and walked to the park we used to go to when we were little. I missed this place. I had so many memories here. Good and bad.

 

--FLASHBACK--

 

I was crying. I couldn't find my mum anywhere. I looked everywhere for my mum but she wasn't there. I cried even louder. Then, a boy wiped my tears with a tissue.

 

"Shhh…it's okay. I'm here." The boy said, trying to comfort me.

 

When he said that, I became calmer. The boy hugged me and let me cry, wetting his shirt. When I was done crying, he introduced himself.

 

"Hi, I'm Changmin." He smiled.

 

"I'm..I'm Soo Ae." I smiled back.

 

Then he took my hand to the playground. We played together until my mum came.

 

--END--

 

And that was when I started to have feelings for Changmin. Of course, we knew Yeon Hee at the playground too, but she has always been mean to me. I've always been jealous of her because she's rich and she gets what she wants. Every boy at the playground wanted to play with her, but Changmin didn't. He stayed by my side.

 

My thoughts got interrupted when the lights suddenly went out. Oh crap. I stayed at my place and waited for Minho. Oh, Minho, please come quick. Then, there was a light, from the far end of the playground.

 

I got up and walked to it. When I got closer, I saw a table for two with a candle in the middle. It was surrounded with candles in the shape of a heart. I stood there, stiffed. Then, my eyes were covered. I screamed.

 

"Hey, don't worry. I'm here." It was Changmin. He's right behind me. I almost choked.

 

He removed his hand from my eyes and I turned around. He was dressed all formally like he was going to the ball. He smiled at me, the same smile he had when he wiped my tears when we were little.

 

"Changmin…" I said, but it was more like a whisper.

 

He smiled again, and took my hand. He told me to sit down and so I did. He sat at the other seat in front of me. He was still smiling. We didn't stop looking at each other. Then, Minho and Yeon Hee came. I was shocked to see them and Yeon Hee was smiling.

 

"What's happening?" I asked.

 

"Your dinner is ready." Minho bowed, like a waitress.

 

He went somewhere and then came back with a tray. There were plates with food on it. He placed it at each side. He did it so carefully.

 

When he was finished, he bowed. Yeon Hee was still smiling and then she pumped her fists up like all Koreans do for wishing good luck. I smiled back at her. Then Minho pulled her away eventhough she didn't want to.

 

"What's this?" I was still smiling.

 

"Our dinner."

 

"But.."

 

"Soo Ae..just enjoy the dinner and I'll explain okay?" He smiled and I nodded.

 

I did enjoy the dinner. It was fun being with Changmin. I missed being with him. When we were finish, we left the plates on the table and Changmin took my hand. We sat at the swings. I heard Minho and Yeon Hee complaining.

 

"Aish, just because they're on their date doesn't mean we have to clean everything!" Yeon Hee growled.

 

"Yeah. But at least we're being paid." Minho laughed.

 

Changmin cleared his throat loud and clear for them to hear and let them know I was standing here. They turned towards us and said sorry.

 

"Well?" I asked, looking at Changmin.

 

"Well what?"

 

"Tell me what's happening." I scoffed.

 

"Well…it was all a lie."

 

"What was?" My eyes widen.

 

"The fact that I like Yeon Hee." My eyes became even wider. "Actually, I only dated her to make you jealous. And I guess I did." He laughed. I smacked his arm and pretended to be mad.

 

"Hey, I was joking." He poked my cheek.

 

"So, you like me?" I smiled.

 

"Heh, yeah." He blushed. There were butterflies in my stomach. Am I dreaming? Did he really say he wanted to make me jealous?

 

"I got jealous when I saw Minho at your house. I'm sorry for ignoring you." He looked down. "I thought if I planned this, you would forgive me."

 

"It's okay. I do forgive you and I don't like Minho, as much as I like you." I kissed him. On the lips. He kissed me back. The kiss felt like it lasted for hours but I'm sure it was only a few seconds.

 

"It's you I want." I whispered to him.

 


sorry it took me so long to write this o___o

i hope you like it~ ^^ and thanks for requesting at MidnightIllusion. <3