My Idiotic Boyfriend

Midnight Illusions Collection of Short Stories

 

Requester: Cherry in the Chocolate Factory
Writer: $w33t t00th
Genre: Romance; Comedy
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
~~Someone's POV~~
 
"Blah blah blah genetics blah blah energy blah blah TSUJI!!!" The teacher yelled at me causing me shock and nearly jumping off my seat.
 
"Geez! Why can't you call me Shizuna like everyone else?!" I yelled back at my teacher. Not that I'm a bad student, he's just so boring and slow including annoying.
 
"I would but then you wouldn't pay attention like what you were doing." He said.
 
"Sir, no offense but no one IS listening to you." I shotted back.
 
"How dare you young lady! You don't know how hard is it to teach! I have to make all of your lesson plans and I end up being arrogantly yelled by my students who clearly have no thoughts about the lesson!" He said.
 
"Sir, I'm not trying to be disrespectful but you're teaching us 5th grade stuff. Genetics? Energy? Seriously?!" I said.
 
"Well if you're so good about the lesson then explain, describe and specify genetics and energy!" He challenge.
 
"If I do?" I asked.
 
"I'll approve of your petition for a 3 day field trip outside tokyo." He said and smirk.
 
"Swear on it." I said.
 
"I swear but if you can't, you fail this quarter with or without taking the exams." He said.
 
"Deal." I replied.
 
"Genetics deals with the molecular structure and function of genes, with gene behavior in the context of a cell or organism, with patterns of inheritance from parent to offspring, and with gene distribution, variation and change in populations. Given that genes are universal to living organisms, genetics can be applied to the study of all living systems, from viruses and bacteria, through plants (especially crops) and domestic animals, to humans (as in medical genetics)...." I said as I looked at my science teacher who looks shocked and terrified.

 

"In physicsenergy is a quantity that is often understood as the ability a physical system has to do work on other physical systems. Since work is defined as a force acting through a distance (a length of space), energy is always equivalent to the ability to exert pulls or pushes against the basic forces of nature, along a path of a certain length.... That seems to be everything. Any questions?" I added.

 

"N-n-n-no." He said as he regain himself.

 

"I am a man of my words. I'll talk to the principal about this. Class dismissed." He said.

 

Everybody cheered and went out of class as fast as they can while some of my classmates thanked me before leaving.

 

"Rawr. When did you get the attitude?" The guy who makes my heart flutter everytime I see and/or speak to him.

 

"Since now that he reached my boiling point plus come on, I was dying of boredom there!" I replied.

 

"I can see that. Let me guess, words came out him this way to you: blah blah blah genetics blah blah energy blah blah... then your name?" He said.

 

"How'd you--" 

 

"I'm you're boyfriend plus that how my brain is receiving it, too. But there's no way I would get frighten by you like sir science geek." He cutted.

 

"Really? Wanna bet, Ryosuke Yamada???" I said.

 

"Hey! I thought we're going to address ourselves as honeybunch?!" Ryosuke said.

 

"And be the laughing stock of the school? Over my dead body. I only said we address ourselves that when nobody's around or at least our close friends are." I said.

 

"Ahw." He said then pouted.

 

I'm Shizuna Tsuji, please call me Shizuna. The crazy annoying guy who wants to call me honey bunch infront of the school is my boyfriend, Yamada Ryosuke. We've been dating for  about two years and believe it or not, neither of us ever said I love you to one another. Don't get me into wrong ideas, I LOVE that dude, I just can't say it. Reason? Pride. I'm one of the most fearsome and sweet girl or in other terms: bittersweet (yes, I CAN be bitter) and I'm also one of the smartest girl here, I'm suppose to have such pride. As for him, same. He's the captain of the baseball team, he's the sports coordinator and he's one of the most wanted guy. *Sigh* 

 

Anyway, our whole class wrote this petition for a 3 day field trip in Hokkaido. Everyone of our teachers approve of it except our science teacher Mr. Kill Joy. Well, now he did. I signed that petition for one reason only, to tell Ryo that I love him. For me, that's the best timing. Now that we have everyone's support, Hokkaido here we come!!

 

~~Ryosuke's POV~~

 

I honestly have no plans of call her or her calling me honey bunch while we're in school. That's just so embarrassing. I walked to my locker and spotted Yuri there.

 

"Yo!" I said.

 

"Hey! Who knew Shizuna could be that scary?" He said.

 

"I know right, even I got scared but it was only for a few seconds." I said.

 

"Why?" He said.

 

"I'll be more scared seeing Mr. science dude being nice and perky than seeing an angel acting devilish." I explained.

 

"Good point. My eyes would probably burn if I see the day Mr. Science became a happy sunshine." He replied.

 

"No, he'll probably kill the daylight out of us!" I replied and we both laughed.

 

"Hey. So have you told her yet?" He asked.

 

"Nope. I was about to but cat got my tongue." I answered.

 

"When are you gonna tell her?! Bro, get that stupid pride of yours out and tell her you love her!" He shouted at me. It was a really good thing the hall was empty.

 

"Chii, what's with you?" I asked.

 

"I gave her up for you. I loved her for more than 3 years before the two of you became together." He confessed.

 

"What?! Why'd you do that?" I asked.

 

"Because you're my best friends, she's my best friend and I know and want you to take care of her." He explained.

 

"Okay. I'll tell her." I said and left.

 

Chinen Yuri is both my and Shizuna's best friend. He's actually the reason how I met Shizuna but I never knew he had a thing with her. Okay, I am not affected by this. I know more and he's my best friend, he gave Shizuna to me to make her happy. That's right, I'm so overwork. I got to have some sleep.

 

[The day before the 3 day field trip-- Tuesday--dismissal-- Ryosuke's POV]

 

'I'm gonna tell Shizuna I love her today. Nothing's gonna stop me from doing so.' I thought.

 

*Giggle*

 

'That's Shizuna's voice.' I thought and followed the sound.

 

"You're so funny, Chii." Shizuna said as she patted Chinen's head as the two looked so cozy together.

 

I felt enraged. 'How could she? Is she leaving me? I thought Chinen gave up on her? Why did he lied? I thought she love me? Am I not enough for her?' My thoughts went on and on until she called me.

 

"Ryosuke! We gon' go to an ice cream parlor. Wanna come?" She said with full of hopes.

 

"No thanks. I'm busy." I said coldly than left before they could see me cry.

 

~~Shizuna's POV~~

 

I'm with Chinen 'cause I can't find Ryo anywhere.

 

"So have you confessed to Ryo?" He asked.

 

"Nope, not yet but I'm planning to tell him on the field trip. I'm so nervous." I said.

 

"You know to tell the truth, I have a crush on you when it was just you and me best friends. But when I introduced you and Ryo to each other, the two of you looked like my parents when they're 'in the mood' so I let the two of you to be together." He confessed, I giggled then patted his head. I always pat his head, he's like my cat.

 

"Do we really looked like that when we met?" I asked.

 

"Trust me, it was a really good thing I didn't vomit that time." He said and I laughed.

 

"Stop, my stomach's already hurting." I said while laughing.

 

"Okay okay. Breathe before you ran out of oxygen. Wanna buy some ice cream?" He asked.

 

"I'm so there." I said as I saw Ryo at the end of the hall looking at the floor.

 

"Ryosuke! We gon' go to an ice cream parlor. Wanna come?" I said full of hopes that he'll join us.

 

"No thanks. I'm busy." He said coldly then he left.

 

"What's with him?" Chinen asked.

 

 

"He probably got peer pressure. He'll get over it." I said.

 

[*I'm going to fast forward if its okay* 3rd day of fieldtrip-- Shizuna's POV]

 

'Ryosuke's been cold to me since the time I asked him to have some ice cream. He's been avoiding me, my calls, everytime I went near him, he goes the other way and etc. This is driving me crazy. That's it! He's gonna talk to me whether he likes it or not!' I said to myself.

 

I went to his room unnoticed by the teacher.

 

"What are you doing here?! This is my room! Who gives you permission to enter?!" He yelled at me.

 

I couldn't hold it anymore so I slapped him... hard.

 

"WHAT AM I DOING HERE?! I'M HERE TO ASK YOU WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! YOU'VE BEEN AVOIDING ME SINCE THE TIME I INVITED YOU FOR ICE CREAM!! AND WHO GAVE ME PERMISSION?! I AM YOUR GIRLFRIEND?!?!" I exploded.

 

"Are you really MY girlfriend? Or are you two timing me with Chinen?" He said.

 

"WHAT?! Two timing??? You??? And Chii??? Is that what its all about?!" I asked.

 

"Duh?! If you weren't dating Chinen then why are you so close to him that day? You were giggling and laughing plus you were patting him!" He said.

 

"Chinen is my best friend and I always pat him in the head 'cause he's like my cat. I was with him because I couldn't find you anywhere!" I said.

 

"Ohh... really?" He said in a low voice.

 

"Yes, really." I replied.

 

"Hehe..." He laughed nervously.

 

"Don't you 'hehe' me!" I said then hit him on the arm.

 

"Ow! That hurts!" He complained.

 

"Oh, that's barely 1/8 of the pain I went through when you're being such a drama queen." I said then hit him again and again and again while telling him how idiotic he acted until we were called to eat supper then after supper, I hit and told him he was such a drama queen again and again until we reach his room.

 

He quickly sat on his bed while I gave him my death glare.

 

"You want to hit me again?" He said while rubbing his arm.

 

"JUST COME HERE! DON'T MAKE MY LIFE ANY HARDER!" I said, furious.

 

Ryo starts to approach me. He closed his eyes preparing for impact but ended up receiving a kiss.

 

"Wha--"

 

"I love you, you idiot." I said.

 

"I love you, too honeybunch." He said and we both happily laughed.