A Lover's Storm

Midnight Illusions Collection of Short Stories

 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Written for Dannyskye

Written by Imaginatious

@ midnight-illusionsx.blogspot.com\

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

 

Ah! I'm finally here” Ahyoung exclaimed as she stretched out her arms. She looked at the map in her hand then waved her hand for a taxi.

 

Where to?” He asked as she got in the cab.

 

She looked at the map once again, “Seo-seoul street?” She had trouble pronouncing the sloppy handwriting.

 

He shook his head and muttered, “Stupid Americans” before driving off.

 

Ahyoung heard but she decided to keep calm. She looked around at the city lights, they were beautiful. She didn't want to miss an opportunity like this so she took out her DSLR and began shooting the night scenery whenever the cab stopped at a red light. Once she reached her destination, she paid the cab fare and immediately rushed out.

 

She looked up at the tall building that she was going to call home for the next two months. As soon as she was settled in her hotel room, she wanted to explore the streets as soon as possible so she headed out.

 

She looked at her map again, “Where should I go?” She looked around at her surroundings. Seoul was a lovely city. It was beautiful and there were so many people walking around. It was like she was living in New York but instead of it being full of Caucasians it was full of Asians. She her lips in delight.

 

She walked around the streets. There was so much for her to do but she just couldn't decide on what. But before she could make a decision, a few drops of water fell down then the few drops turned into pouring rain. She rushed to get cover, but there was nothing in sight so she ran into the closest building possible.

 

She looked around the building. It didn't seem like your usual building. In fact, it seemed like a business building. A shiver went down her spine and she shuddered.

 

What? There's a storm going on?” A voice shouted behind her.

 

She turned around and found herself in shock. She slowly pinched herself to make sure that she wasn't dreaming. “I have to stay in this building by myself?” He whined as he glanced at the weather outside. Trees were blowing from side to side, and the rain looked like it wasn't falling but flying around everywhere. He sighed as he closed his phone then locked eyes with Ahyoung. “Ah” He shouted which alarmed her. “What are you doing here? Who are you?”

 

She tried to talk but no words came out of . He walked up towards her then waved his hands in front of her. “Are you okay miss?” He took a look at how soaked she was, “You're soaking! Here, follow me” He grabbed her hand and led her to a room.

 

She was speechless but she gathered up the courage to finally say something, “Are...are you Changmin?” She whispered which could be barely heard but luckily Changmin was close enough to hear.

 

He chuckled, “Yeah that's right.” Then threw a towel at her, “Dry yourself.”

 

She slowly wiped her face but she couldn't take her eyes off Changmin. “Am I dreaming?”

 

He laughed then shook his head, “I'm sure you're not. What's your name?”

 

Ahyoung. Park Ahyoung” She answered.

 

He began rummaging through a bag and took out a CD, “Well Park Ahyoung, today's your lucky day. Here's an autographed CD just for you.” Changmin grinned as he handed the CD to Ahyoung who took it shakily in disbelief.

 

Th-thank you” She bowed politely.

 

Looks like this is going to be one long storm” He sighed as he took a seat down then patted the seat next to him while signaling Ahyoung to sit next to him.

 

She slowly took the seat next to him. There was a long silence between the two of them for a while until Changmin saw a guitar. He walked up to get the guitar and sat back down. He started playing a few chords and began humming along with the melody.

 

Ahyoung tapped her foot towards and closed her eyes. Before she realized it, she began singing which surprised Changmin. “You have a beautiful voice” He complimented which alarmed Ahyoung.

 

Ah..no...I don't” She blushed.

 

Don't stop singing...” He whispered. How could Ahyoung say no to him? She nodded then began to sing. Changmin grinned at the shy girl next to him then sang along with her.

 

The two were hitting it off really well and before she knew it, she shook off her nerves and was more comfortable to sing louder. Changmin smiled, he noticed that Ahyoung was beginning to be more comfortable around him.

 

You're really good at singing” Changmin complimented once the song came to an end.

 

Ahyoung blushed in embarrassment, “Not really...no”

 

Are you interested in being a singer?” Changmin asked.

 

Ahyoung shook her head, “No. I need to focus on my studies right now.”

 

But you're really good” Changmin frowned. He didn't want her voice to go to waste. She had talent and lots of it.

 

Thanks but being a celebrity just isn't the life for me” Ahyoung replied with a smile. “There are gifted people but some people aren't meant for stardom and I'm one of those people.”

 

That's a shame” Changmin sighed. “Well, are you from around here? You have an accent when you speak Korean.”

 

Ahyoung blushed, “I'm from America.”

 

Oh, that's probably why you have blue eyes.” Changmin replied. “You're eyes are beautiful.” He grinned as soon as he saw Ahyoung turning red again. “You're really shy aren't you?”

 

Ahyoung nodded, “That's why I'm not fit to be a celebrity.”

 

Changmin chuckled, “How old are you?” He asked trying to change the subject.

 

I'm 18” She answered.

 

What brings you to Korea?” He asked again.

 

I came here because I love Korea.” Ahyoung answered, leaving out the part about her coming here for the cute Korean boys.

 

How is Korea so far?” He asked once more.

 

It's fun. I just arrived here.” Ahyoung answered. It was going to a great start so far. Who would've thought that she would be talking to her celebrity crush as soon as she arrived in Korea.

 

Am I asking too many questions?” Changmin was worried he was asking way too much questions about her. He didn't want her to feel uncomfortable.

 

Ahyoung shook her head, “No you aren't.”

 

Who's your favorite member in 2AM?” Changmin asked.

 

Ahyoung blushed. She remained silent which made Changmin curious. “I won't tell him so you can tell me.”

 

It's actually...” She hesitated to answer but did it anyway, “You” She whispered.

 

Me!?” He was shocked. Ahyoung nodded. “Why me?”

 

Because you're really cute in everything you do” Ahyoung answered, she was a deep shade of red now.

 

But I'm not as good looking as the other members. Why me?” Changmin asked.

 

Not everything is about looks you know...” Ahyoung retorted.
 

Changmin stared at her in awe. Her eyes were full of confidence and determination. It made him embarrassed. “Thank you.”

 

But before he could say anything further, the door opened revealing Changmin's manager. “There you are. I was looking for you everywhere. The storm's cooled down, let's go. You're about to be late.”

 

As soon as the manager walked out of the room, Changmin turned to Ahyoung and took out his pen. He begain writing numbers on her arm, “Call me sometime.”

 

Once Changmin left the room, Ahyoung felt her body collapse. What on earth just happened? She looked at the phone number on her arm.

 

 

She looked at her phone. She was hesitant. Should she call? She picked up the phone and punched in a few numbers but immediately turned off her phone. She smacked herself. “Stop it. You're going to pick up the phone and call him...”

 

She dialed in the numbers again and called. It started ringing. Her heart was pounding. What was she suppose to say? What if he didn't remember her.

 

Hello?” A masculine voice could be heard from the other line. She was speechless. She freaked out and closed the phone again.

 

I can't do it...” She sighed. Her phone began ringing which startled her. She looked at the caller ID, it was Changmin. “Hello?” She answered.

 

Ahyoung? Why did you hang up?” He shouted.

 

How did you know it was me?” She asked. She was surprised that he called her back.

 

It was an unknown number and when I called back, it went to the front desk of your hotel so I asked for you and they connected me to your room.” He explained. She wanted to punch herself but decided that it wasn't necessary. “What are you doing right now?”

 

Nothing. I'm about to go out soon.” Ahyoung answered.

 

Okay, meet me in your lobby in ten minutes. I'll be wearing a blue hat.” Changmin replied then hung up before Ahyoung could say anything.

 

She looked around her lobby but he was no where to be in sight. She sighed and began to walk out of the lobby but bumped into someone. “I'm sorry” She apologized as she looked up.

 

He grinned at her, “Where do you think you're going?”

 

Ah Changmin. I thought you had some other plans that came up so I was about to go eat.” Ahyoung asnwered.

 

Okay, let's go eat. I know a great place.” Changmin smiled as he took her hand in hers and led her the way.

 

 

Three years later...

 

She looked at her watch. It was time. She took a deep breath then walked out, she gasped at the scene. Her heart began to beat faster. She felt like she was going to lose it but a pair of warm hands gently grabbed her shoulders and helped her walk forward. “Let's give it up for Park Ahyoung!” He shouted.

 

The crowd went wild. Ahyoung turned to look at Changmin, he gave her a reassuring smile which made her feel at ease. “We hope you like this duet that was composed by Ahyoung and I” Changmin grinned.

 

The two began singing. The song that had hidden meanings for the two. They called it, A Lover's Storm.

 

Do you remember that stormy night?” She sang as she looked into Changmin's eyes.

 

That storm brought us together.” He sang, still looking into Ahyoung's eyes.

 

The audience listened in awe at how in sync the two were. They're chemistry was off the hook. They felt as if they were watching a great love blossom into something more. They couldn't keep their eyes off the couple on the stage as they sung passionately.

 

As the song came to an end, the crowd went wild and chanted, “Encore! Encore! Encore!”

 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

I hope you enjoy. I didn't know how you wanted to end the story since you didn't have an ending for your plot, but I hope it was okay if I tweaked a few things a bit. I tried my best following the personalities that you gave me.

 

Thanks for requesting at Midnight Illusions! We hope to see you again!