Protected By My Prince.

Midnight Illusions Collection of Short Stories

story for Han Jineul.

partner is kim jaejoong of tvxq.

All Rights Reserved. Please do not plagiarize.
-----
 
Loser. 
 
That's what they called me. A total loser for not dating my entire life.
 
It actually didn't matter to me. I'm focusing on my studies and I don't think I need a boyfriend to make my life even better and happier. Call me boring but I call that being smart.
 
"Jineul the loser." Taeyeon made an L sign with her fingers and placed it on her forehead. Whatever, at least I don't have STD. "Jineul the loser!" It annoyed the hell out of me when she does this with her friends; teasing me, calling me names and stuffs. It's just so freaking annoying that if killing was legal, you'll see their lifeless bodies floating down the river. It was that annoying I could kill them myself.
 
But of course, I'm way smarter than that. Killing is obviously illegal, and if they saw Taeyeon's body floating on the river they would all suspect it was me who killed her.
 
"Jineul, do you know why you weren't invited to Tiffany's party?" Taeyeon continued. "Because you're not cool. And why aren't you cool?"
 
"Because she doesn't have a boyfriend!" Her friends shouted with glee.
 
Oh yeah, just enjoy yourselves. When I become the president, you would all go to jail for making my high school life miserable.
 
"Hey, I heard there's a new kid today," Jessica said. "I hope he's handsome and charming. I'm tired of all the boys here in our school." Yeah, because you've dated every single one of them, including the school's staff! "Hey, Jineul, I suggest you go try and win that transferee. Oh no wait, he'll just turn you down, because you're a !" They all cracked out in laughter again. 
 
Mr. Lee entered the room and ordered us to take our assigned seats. I buried my face on the book on my table and cursed under my breath. We're halfway there until the end of school. You could do this, Jineul! Hhm, maybe I should get a boyfriend and make them stop this once and for all. Of course he would be a fake boyfriend, maybe pretend we're dating for a couple of months and dump him afterwards. But where could I get one? 
 
The school is full of fools and idiots, like Taeyeon and her friends and all of their superficial boyfriends. They might be good-looking on the outside, but on the inside you can find no brains in it. I know none of them are interested in me and I wouldn't even dare to fake-date boys in this school. They're just not my type.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Kim Jaejoong," he introduced himself. "I hope you treat me well!"
 
Mr. Lee told him to sit down beside me and even asked me if I could teach him how stuff works around here. I introduced myself to him and he smiled back at me while we shook hands. His smile was a little crooked but I think it's his natural. His chocolate brown eyes reflected the sunshine from the window perfectly - he looked really angelic.
 
And maybe easy to fool?
 
Jessica and Taeyeon were whispering to each other when the bell rang. Mr. Lee forgot our exam results from the teachers' office so he had to go run there and get it himself. Jaejoong nudged me on the side and asked me about the two girls who kept on winking and fluttering their eyes at him. Jessica and Taeyeon? What about them? "Oh, that's Jessica and Taeyeon," I said. "They lost their ities when they were 8 years old. Jessica is a '' making out with all the teachers here in campus, and Taeyeon slept with any random guy she finds, giving them STDs."
 
He had his eyes widened the entire time I was talking. That surely surprised him. "N-No, they make me feel weird. I think they want to flirt with me," he said.
 
I chuckled softly seeing him act cute and innocent like that. Mr. Lee entered the room and handed in our test papers. As usual, I'm the only kid in class that got a 100 while those sore losers that call me loser got 50 and below. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Didn't even get a passing mark. Shame on you guys.
 
"Wow! You're so smart, Jineul-sshi," he said when he saw my mark.
 
"That's because she's a nerd," someone from behind us hissed and rolled eyes on me. I rolled my eyes back at her. better stay out of our conversation and mind her own business. I shrugged it off while Jaejoong looked at her, as if he was going to say something. He ended up shaking his head and raised his hand, asking Mr. Lee a question. "Is it true that you cheated behind Jessica's back by sleeping with Taeyeon and ended up getting Herpes?"
 
What did he just say? 
 
The class burst out laughing while Mr. Lee didn't know what to do. Jessica started yelling quietly at Taeyeon while I heard say that it wasn't true. Liar. 
 
Jaejoong and I high-fived before he got dismissed to the principal's office. His first day in our school and I already like him.
 
Hhm... Maybe he's the perfect fake to date.
 
-
 
Jaejoong's act spread wildfire throughout the campus. All boys liked him because of his humor and courage to even say that to Mr. Lee, while all girls started idolizing him because of his good looks and charms. In day 3, he was already one of them. A kingka. An idol. This was going to be tougher than I thought.
 
"Oppa, I really like you. I hope you accept my feelings!" It was a freshman confessing her crush on Jaejoong.
 
He simply smiled and ruffled her hair. "I would love to, but I have to focus on my schoolworks first." She looked up to him, was going to say something but he raced her saying, "and no, you can't help me. I want to work for my grades myself. You should focus on your studies too." He flashed her his trademark smile. I swear, I think that girl is hyperventilating when he left.
 
As more girls drooled over him and kissed the land he walked on, the bullying and the teasing got worse.
 
"You should show more skin, Jineul! Guys love skin," Tiffany winked while she ripped my sleeves off. God, when will this be over? 
 
"And what's up with that crappy hairstyle? That was so last season!" Taeyeon said and pulled my hair. "You think you could get away with what you did before? You think you're smart like that?" She pushed me to the wall, bruising my knee and my left arm. Dammit, I write with my left hand, and we have an essay test tomorrow! ", I know it was you who told Jaejoong. Good thing Jessica didn't believe it," she hissed.
 
Tiffany left and came back with a bucket of cold water. I could still see ice floating when she quickly splashed it on me. Oh my gosh, that's so cold!
 
My body shook while they all laughed. I felt droplets rolling down my face but I knew it wasn't the cold water. It were my warm tears.
 
"Yah! What's going on there?!" Taeyeon and Tiffany quickly ran away while I continued crying. I hugged my knees while the cold breeze played with my skin. That's it. I'm going to die. Nobody here to save me, no heat to give me back my normal body temperature. I am going to die. 
 
I felt a pair of arms pulling me, giving me warmth. I opened my eyes slowly and saw Jaejoong hugging me to his chest. "I'm sorry if I don't have a jacket, but I hope my arms are enough," he whispered. I nodded softly and pulled him even tighter. Ah, his body is so warm, his skin is really soft, it's like rubbing a baby's bottom. I rested my head on his chest while we remained like that for who-knows-how-long. 
 
"Thank you," I uttered. "Thank you so much."
 
He nodded. "Let's go, before you freeze completely." He carried me bridal style with my bag behind him. "Mind tell me why they're doing this to you?"
 
"They bully me because I don't have a boyfriend," I replied. "They call me a loser for being a certified NBSB." He raised a brow, confused. "No Boyfriend Since Birth." He chuckled, making me smile. "Well yeah, I don't think I need a boyfriend, right now."
 
"Ah, yes, because a nerd like you focuses on her studies first, I get it," he joked. "But why? Are you planning to avoid us forever? You will get a boyfriend sometime."
 
I nodded my head. "I know that. Maybe a few months-- er, years, from now. But not now."
 
He dropped me off at my house. Before he left, he told me something. "I'll be the first one to know about your prince, okay?"
 
"Araso," I answered, and ran inside the house. I looked at myself in the mirror. My uniform was completely ruined while my hair was a little wavy because it's soaked. But no arguments, I still looked cute. Did he think I was cute too? I felt my cheeks blush and I can't help but smile just thinking about him. 
 
-
 
Jaejoong heard a loud slap coming from the very end of the hallway. He quickly ran towards it, expecting it was Jineul getting hurt again. For the past couple of weeks, he noticed Jineul getting bullied by the others. He remembered what she told him before, it was because she never had a boyfriend. People nowadays. How pathetic? He got there just in time to stop Jessica from sending Jineul another slap on the face. "Leave, before I slap you myself," he warned. Jessica ran away quickly, her scared footsteps echoing around the empty hall.
 
He leaned closer to Jineul who was sitting on the floor, tears escaping her swollen eyes. He wiped them off and cupped her face. "Tell me, are you planning to stop this or you'll let this go on until graduation?" he asked her, looking at her eyes deeply.
 
"Jaejoong... I-I have to tell you s-something," she cried. She held his hands and pulled them softly from her face. "I'm sorry."
 
"Why? You did nothing wrong," he argued. "We should tell the principal about this, or the police, whoever can help us."
 
Jineul shook her head. "It was my fault. Jessica slapped me because she found out I was using you." 
 
"W-What?" "I wanted to end this more than anyone else. When you transferred here, I thought that I could use you. To pretend to be my boyfriend so all of these will be over. You slowly drifted away because you became popular, it became tougher for me to get closer to you," she explained. Jaejoong couldn't understand what she was saying. "I'm sorry."
 
"How about now?" he asked, making her face him. "I understand that you've planned that; if I were you I could have thought of the same thing. But what about now? Up to this day, are you still using me?" He wanted to know the truth. When she's around him, he can't help but feel happy. She was such a good friend and he enjoyed helping her from time to time. But if all of it were just pretend...
 
"No," she said. "At first it was, but for some reason, I'm enjoying your company. I think I want to be friends with you not to use you, but to have a friend for once. You're always there to save me, always there to help me and comfort me. You're a really good friend." She held his hand.
 
Jaejoong smiled. "I don't think I would want to be friends with you anymore, Jineul."
 
"What?" Jineul felt like her world was breaking apart.
 
"I want to be the guy that would protect you, and love you." Jaejoong's eyes landed on her lips, rosy pink and extremely soft. "Would you let me protect you from them? Let me be the reason you'll remain safe and unharmed... and loved."
 
She smiled and pressed her lips against his. Jaejoong was surprised for a second, but deepened their sweet kiss after. He wrapped his arms around her waist while she placed her arms around his neck. She pulled out and rested her forehead against his. "Jaejoong-ah..."
 
"Neh?"
 
"I just want to let you know, I've found my prince already," she chuckled. "And he's a really good kisser."
 
Jaejoong smiled widely and it sent butterflies in her stomach. Jineul knew it this was love.