Bitter Sweet

Midnight Illusions Collection of Short Stories

Written for AFF trexbo

Written by Aria

@ midnight-illusionsx.blogspot.com

-------------------------------------------

"You? You are G Dragon?" Lena asked, her voice holding lots of skepticism in it. She eyed Jiyong in front of her up and down, and all around. This... 'handsome' -Well, she didn't want to admit it, but he was pretty good looking- young man standing in front of her couldn't possibly the nerdy G Dragon.


G Dragon... He had the typical nerd look, complete with thick spectacles and a mushroom hairstyle, whereas this boy was... Spectacle-less, and his haircut, well, it was pretty decent. Okay, so it was more then decent, but what the heck. She didn't believe that this boy could be G Dragon.


"U-um," Jiyong struggled to stay composed. "Actually, I really am G Dragon, although I know I don't exactly look like him, and I have a different name at the moment, but..." He trailed off, squirming a little under Lena's intense, skeptical stare.


It wasn't supposed to turn out this way. Things were supposed to smoothly. Lena's mother would approve of him, -for he was now a rich and handsome man compared to the freak she saw last month- and once the chance came, he would break his true identity to Lena, and then everything would calm down and they'll live happily ever after. However, he kinda forgot that fairytale like endings didn't really exist, and Lena seemed more pissed then pleased at the moment. He could only hope that he wouldn't get injured by her in the process of confessing his true identity...


But now, even he wasn't quite sure of his true identity. Kwon Jiyong. That was supposedly his real identity. But after living as G Dragon, he couldn't help but think that G Dragon's life was more 'real' then Kwon Jiyong's life, which felt artificial. It was as if G Dragon was his true identity as an actual, living person, rather then Kwon Jiyong, who lived under a shelter for all his life.


Kwon Jiyong had not much friends, maybe one or two from his sister's list of business associates, but in truth they weren't really 'friends'. G Dragon on the other hand, had so many countless vibrant friends. Kwon Jiyong was expected to behave appropriately at all times, smile politely and keep quiet. G Dragon? He could laugh, shout, yell and be wild with his friends, and he was just about bursting with freedom. Kwon Jiyong had his life directed. G Dragon could make his own choices. Last but not least, Kwon Jiyong would have never met the ferocious yet soft hearted Lena Park, but G Dragon had.


So now it all came down to this, from the first day he had met the feisty girl at this university. At first he didn't really think she was right for him, she was pretty rough compared to his gentle nature. However, after getting to know her better, he started to understand the phrase, "Don't judge a book by it's cover" more.


"I don't believe you." Lena replied accusingly, before she shot a question at this so-called imposter. A part of her wanted to believe that G Dragon had really came back to her side, but she just couldn't forgive him so easily for disappearing just 'like that' for two whole weeks! "So, if you really are G Dragon, you should know what took place three months before."


"I... I took you out for dinner on that week's Saturday night... We had an amazing time at the restaurant..." Jiyong replied nervously, as he spotted a flash pass through Lena's eyes, but it was gone so quickly he didn't know whether it was hopeful or shocked.


"O-okay." Lena paused to regain her composure, and then shot another question at this mysterious boy in a more confident tone. That first date... Anyone could've known right? "But I bet you don't know what he got me for my birthday."


"I-it was the flowers." Jiyong paused before saying in a more confident tone, "Yellow camellias."


Right, but anyone could've known right? Especially since she told some of her friends the day after. "How about the next week?"


"We went to the beach, where you buried Seungri in sand after he dared to poke fun at your height."


"On June twenty six?"


"We went for a movie with the rest of the gang... TOP spilled coke unto your lap in the process of getting back at Seungri who had , and you got pretty pissed and even kicked him." Jiyong laughed lightly at the memory of Lena scolding the two 'older' boys for behaving like kids.


"U-uh, then how about the week after?" The girl struggled to come up with more questions, but she was running out of events to test him on. This boy might actually just be G Dragon.


"We, um, shared a moment when you spilled your worries to me after a bad day." Jiyong mumbled, shying away from the question. It was quite an intimate event after all, and that was when he decided that he really liked Lena for who she was.


"A-ah... It really is you." The girl stuttered as she stared up at the other who suddenly resembled G Dragon in personality. She was truly dumbfounded though, what did he expect her to say to him after he suddenly disappeared for a full two weeks without any prior notice?


"Y-yeah..." Jiyong replied.


There was then an awkward silence, where it was then broken by a sharp sound slap that sent the other stumbling backwards. Jiyong had a few seconds to register the movement as he looked back at Lena in disbelief. What? So was this all it came to?


"That, was for leaving me." The girl bit her lower lip in a desperate attempt to hold back tears. The effort was in vain as she could feel hot liquid dripping down her cheeks though. Jiyong now had the most panicked expression on his face, he didn't mean to make the other cry! But as he tried to calm the other down, Lena reacted a little more quickly -again- then he did, and gave his lips a soft peck. Now more confused and stunned then ever, Jiyong froze. "Now that's for coming back." Lena replied gruffly.


So all well that ends well then. Jiyong thought in a dazed manner to himself, his mind quite muddled up. Ah, the powers of a kiss could be tremendous.