First and Last Love

Midnight Illusions Collection of Short Stories

 

Requester: lululy
Writer: $w33t t00th
Genre: romance; tragedy; comedy
__________________________________
 
@#*=-Phone rings-=*#@
 
"Lulu?" A man said on the receiver.
 
"Oppa! Where are you? You promised me you'll be here, remember?" I said.
 
"I know. I promise I'll be there just wait for me okay, I'll be a bit late." Her brother replied.
 
"Okay. Remember, I'm the cute girl wearing a long pink hoodie shirt and black skinny pants." I said.
 
"Ok. I'll look for a lost little girl wearing pink." He laughed.
 
"OPPA!!" I shouted and ended the call.
 
***moments later***
 
'No. It can't be. You promised you'll be there. You promised. No! I'm being selfish. This is all my fault. This is my doing. I shouldn't have begged for him to come. I shouldn't have.' My thoughts were going nuts until I bumped into someone.
 
"Are you okay? Are you lost?" He asked.
 
"I'm not a child. Leave me alone! I have to find my brother." I shouted at the nice man.
 
"You mean the man who just had an accident?" He asked. I froze as I remembered what happened.
 
***Flashback***
 
'Finally! A day with just me and my brother. I've waited so long for this. I wrote him letters begging him to have a day with me. Nothing can ruin this day!!' I thought as I kept smiling like a fool.
 
@#*=-Ringing-=*#@
 
"Oppa! Where are you?" I asked.
 
"Hello, to what relation are you with the owner of this phone?" A girl asked.
 
"Who are you and what are you doing with my big brother's phone?!" I shouted.
 
"Calm down. I'm a nurse here at _________. You're brother got caught up in a car accident." The nurse said.
 
"What!! Where is he?!" I asked as my tears started to fall.
 
***End of Flashback***
 
"Do you know where is he?" I asked him.
 
"Yeah. I know exactly where he is." He said.
 
"Bring me to him. NOW!" I shouted.
 
"Come. Follow me." He said.
 
We started walking hallways and climbing stairs until we reached the roof top.
 
"Where's my brother?!" I shouted, enrage.
 
"I don't know." He simply said.
 
"You said you know where he is!!" I shouted and my tears once again started to fall.
 
"I'm sorry, I lied. I just needed a companion." He said sadly.
 
"My brother is the only one I have." I said as I hid my face and try to stop my tears.
 
Out of nowhere he hugged me and made me face me. He looked me in the eyes and started to pinch me cheeks.
 
"Your cute and you have such chubby cheeks." He said.
 
"My cheeks aren't that chubby." I said as I try to hid which made me look like a kid.
 
"Cute. Are you sure you're not 13 years old?" He asked.
 
"I'm 20 years old." I said.
 
"You act like a kid." He said.
 
"I am a kid." I shotted.
 
"You said you're 20. How can a kid be 20 years old?" He asked.
 
I pouted.
 
"Stop your pouting. You look cuter when you smile." He said.
 
"Fine." I gave up.
 
"I'm really sorry that I lied. I couldn't talk to anyone here. Its really lonely." He said.
 
I looked at his face then his eyes. He looks like he really need someone.
 
"I'm Lulu. What's your name?" I asked.
 
"Jinki but people call me Onew." He answered.
 
"Why are you here? Is someone in your family sick?"
 
"I don't have a family. I'm an orphange.  My parents abandoned me since I'll illness prone. I'm dying right now actually." He opened up.
 
Even though it wasn't detailed, it was enough for me to understand his pain.
 
"Come on. Now you're being Mr. Gloomy! How sure are you that you're dying?" I asked.
 
"I have leukemia." He answered.
 
"I'm sorry."
 
"Its ok. At least I finally have a friend."
 
"You never had any friends?"
 
"I always get sick. Nervous breakdown, collapsing and etc. I've never got the chance to go out or to go to school."
 
"Don't worry. I'll be you're first friend. Your friend that always sticks to you."
 
He laughed.
 
"Thank you."
 
"No problem. Come on, help me find my brother." 
 
"Sure."
 
***Few weeks later***
 
Ever since I met Onew, I'm jollier than ever. My big brother's gonna be fine. He just got some bruises but it will heal. I talk about Onew a lot to my big brother. He even let me visit him all the time. Even though I'm not much of a chicken fan, I always bring Onew his chickens. Who knew someone can be addicted to chickens? I have to say that he's different from the boys I met. He's kind, sweet and gentle. He's a good listener. He loves having me around as much as I love having him around. Yes, I confess. I like or love my bestfriend but hey, a lot of people fall in love with their best friends right? Its completely normal, besides, I'm 20 and single. Even if he is dying, I wanna spend the rest of his days with me.
 
"Knock knock!! Onew, I'm coming in!!" I shouted and barged inside.
 
I was shocked seeing doctors and nurses everywhere, surrounding Onew's bed. I dropped my present to Onew as I asked the nurse what's going on. She was about to answer until...
 
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
 
A long beep was heard.
 
I fell on the floor, shedding tears as I look at the doctors trying to revive my best friend plus first love. Finally after a few tries, the doctors gave up and announced him deceased. I am now crying a rain of tears as I slowly approach his bed where his body lay. I held his hands.
 
"Why? Why now?! I haven't even told you what I felt! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO GO NOW!?!?! Why?!" I shouted as I kept crying.
 
I cried and cried until I felt a piece of paper inside his fist. It was a letter addressed to me.
 
 
Dear Lulu,
 
If you're reading this then that means I'm now gone from this world. Please don't cry. I don't want to see you cry, not again. I'm really happy I met you. You're the only person that understood me and stick with me. You were always by my side and I will miss the feeling of having you beside me. Now that I'm gone, I know its late to tell you this but I just want to let you know that I love you. I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I don't love you as a friend, I love you more than just a friend. I will always be by your side. I'll be your new guardian angel. Lulu, please complete my dying wish, smile, even when you're sad, smile. I love the way you smile. It suits you and well, I really love you're smile. Well, I guess this is it. I LOVE YOU LULU, my first and last love.
 
Lee Jinki (Onew)
 
 
I wiped my tears and smiled like he wanted. I went near his face and kissed him.
 
"You too will be my first and last love. I love you Chicken boy. Now and forever." I said.