Starting

Time Flies

The four of them walked inside the building, heading towards the front office to pick up their timetables for the semester ahead of them. Tzuyu grinned as she looked at her timetable for the semester. It was evenly spread out and she had plenty of free time for her own things. Her friends all grunted though as they shared timetables. As luck would have it, the four of them all had different instructors for the semester. That meant that they were split up and away from each other in every single class. They knew they were going to suffer in their classes; they’d always been together since high school.

“We could always meet up after classes anyway.” Chaeyoung suggested, the rest agreeing and nodding. They thanked the secretary, walking away from the desk as they continued to talk about the unfairness.

“Oh right guys! I have something to tell you!” Momo grinned creepily.

“Did you get into trouble again?” Jeongyeon scoffed.

“Maybe you hit on a taken woman?” Chaeyoung added.

“Ya! It’s nothing like that!” Momo whined.

Tzuyu smiled at the teasing nature of her friends. “What is it Mo?”

“I met someone yesterday.” Momo said.

“Met someone or made out with someone?” Jeongyeon rolled her eyes.

“Of course she made out with someone. When does she ever meet someone?” Chaeyoung chuckled.

“You guys are too mean.” Momo pouted.

“Alright, alright. Who did you meet?” Jeongyeon asked.

“Well, yes we made out but I like her. Her name is Jihyo.” Momo spoke enthusiastically.

“Jihyo? Did you get her number? How did you even meet her?” Tzuyu asked as they walked towards their classes.

“I was out at our usual club and someone was harassing her to dance so I stepped in. One thing led to another and we ended up at the back, making out.” Momo shrugged.

“You just starting making out?” Chaeyoung asked, scrunching up her face in disgust.

“Of course not. We talked a little bit, she thanked me and then we just somehow ended up at the back of the club.” Momo explained.

“So no number?” Tzuyu chuckled.

“No.” Momo pouted.

“At least you know her name. It’s not a lost cause.” Jeongyeon cheered.

“Jeongyeon, there are hundreds of Jihyo’s in this place. How the hell am I meant to find her?” Momo seethed.

“Look, I’m sure you’ll find her. We’ll help you out! It’s the first time you’ve liked a girl rather than play with her feelings.” Jeongyeon scoffed.

“I’m not that heartless.” Momo whined.

“Momo, you have a player reputation.” Chaeyoung chuckled, placing a comforting hand on Momo’s shoulder.

“This isn’t fair!” Momo groaned. “She was so amazing. Her eyes were gentle and soft and her smile was so pretty. She was curvy and her hair was let down past her shoulders.”

“Oh god, this is making me want to puke.” Jeongyeon commented.

“We’ll find her Mo.” Tzuyu chuckled, patting Momo’s back. “For now, we have to head to class.” They continued walking, only stopping when they realised Chaeyoung had fallen behind, staring at her timetable and looking rather pale.

“Hey one second. This can’t be right. It says my instructor is Miss Myoui.” Chaeyoung frowned.

“You mean…” Jeongyeon gasped.

“. This isn’t happening.” Chaeyoung groaned.

“It could be another Myoui.” Momo suggested.

“How common is the surname Myoui?” Chaeyoung seethed.

“It could be her brother, right? She had a brother called Kai?” Tzuyu frowned.

“Tzu… Miss Myoui.” Chaeyoung groaned.

“What’s the worst that could happen? It’s not like you broke her heart in high school. It was the other way around.” Jeongyeon pointed out.

“But it doesn’t mean that it’s going to be sunshine and rainbows.” Chaeyoung said.

“Look, if she treats you differently, just change classes. I’m sure she should be acting professionally here. Right?” Tzuyu questioned.

“But why her...” Chaeyoung whispered, pain rising up in her chest at the resurfacing memories in her head. It was years ago yet she could still recollect each moment like they happened yesterday. All the dates, the kisses and the fun and how they fell apart. She would be lying if she said that she didn’t think of getting revenge at first but she didn’t want to stoop so low. Revenge wouldn’t take away the pain that she felt. But that wasn’t the only reason she couldn’t do it. Chaeyoung couldn’t bear to hurt her; she loved Mina too damn much.

Shaking her head to bring herself out of her thoughts, Chaeyoung put on a fake smile. She walked alongside the others, listening in to their conversation.

“Momo, who’s yours?” Jeongyeon asked.

“Ah, Miss Park.” Momo answered, scrunching up her nose. “She sounds old.”

“Good luck Momo. May god help you if you have someone old. The last time we did, we couldn’t stay awake in our classes which meant we were failing.” Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon cracked up laughing.

“Ya, why are you two always so mean?” Momo whined.

Tzuyu rolled her eyes at their behaviour, mediating their silly behaviour once again. She was always the one to settle things down between everyone.

“It’s just too fun teasing you Momo.” Jeongyeon cackled.

“Who do you have Jeong?” Tzuyu asked, deciding to change the topic.

“Some Miss Im.” Jeongyeon shrugged, hoping it’s not the person who she thought it was. Surely, it couldn’t be possible? The one person who she’d almost gotten expelled in primary school because she’d lied? The person who’d hated her throughout high school because of that? The one… who broke her heart.

“Tzu, what about you?” Chaeyoung asked.

“Miss Minatozaki.” Tzuyu shrugged.

“Sounds like she’s Japanese, like Chaeyoung’s girlfriend.” Momo gasped.

“Girlfriend my .” Chaeyoung seethed, whacking Momo’s head.

“Why’d you hit me?!” Momo complained.

“You were begging for it!” Chaeyoung scoffed.

“What! I never asked to be hit! You hit me first!” Momo replied.

“Oh, Momo.” Tzuyu groaned, pulling them all along to their respective classes.

“Good luck you all. We’ll meet here after class.” Jeongyeon suggested. They all nodded and walked to their classrooms, nervousness evident in them all.

Tzuyu was a little bit nervous but she was confident in the knowledge she’d acquired overtime and she was sure she’d do well in her classes. She walked into her classroom, finding herself a spot in the middle as she waited for the teacher to arrive. Her phone vibrated in her pocket and she pulled it out to read her friend's messages.

Guys, I’m just as screwed as Chaeyoung is. Nayeon is my teacher. [Jeong]

Holy hell, your luck is amazing! [Mo]

Shut up Momo! Your teacher is an oldie anyway [Jeong]

But she’s not. She’s Jihyo. [Mo]

WTF. [Chae]

No way. You lucky . [Jeong]

Yes way. My new teacher is Jihyo Park. [Mo]

Has yours come in yet Tzuyu? [Chae]

Nope. Still waiting. [Tzu]

Damn. Late on her first day? [Jeong]

She’s not late yet. [Tzu]

Ah, there’s still a few minutes [Mo]

Actually, she’s here now. Talk to you guys later! [Tzu]

No, wait! Tell us what she looks like! [Mo]

Stop being gay Momo. You have Jihyo now. [Jeong]

Oh, shut up. [Mo]

Tzuyu was left astounded when her teacher walked into her classroom. She was absolutely beautiful and she already knew she was going to screw up somehow. Her blonde wavy hair cascaded down her back and she donned a black pencil skirt with a maroon silk blouse. Oh . She was way too stunning.

“Good morning class. I’ll be your instructor for this semester. If you haven’t checked your timetable already, my name is Miss Sana Minatozaki. If it’s difficult for you to pronounce, you call just call me Miss M. I know a lot of you are expecting this to be a breeze but I assure you, it is anything but. This course is not entirely practical work and we’ll be starting with theory.” She started.

“But what’s the point of theory if this is an academy for practical work?” Tzuyu called out.

When her eyes landed on hers, Tzuyu froze. Her stare was cold and an unsatisfied expression on her face. Something flickered in her eyes and Tzuyu was curious what it was because it was making her feel like her heart was racing. Even if she was glaring, why was Tzuyu finding her so y?

“Can I ask for your name?” She asked.

“Chou Tzuyu.”

“Well, I’d appreciate it if you let me finish talking before you interrupt me next time Miss Chou.” Sana said.

A series of oohs fell through the crowd but Tzuyu didn’t back down.

“It was a serious question. Is this not the Academy of Practical Aviation? So should it not be solely based on practical work? We’ve already completed the theory work at the selective universities we’ve attended so why are we revisiting it?” Tzuyu retorted.

The class grew silent as they realised what Tzuyu said was indeed correct.

“Alright then. Answer this for me. What would you do if your landing gear failed while descending?” Sana asked, raising an eyebrow.

Tzuyu smirked before she answered, knowing exactly what to say. “Once the signal does not indicate that it is down and locked while attempting to push the handle, using hydraulic pressure could lock it in place. If that doesn’t work, what could be done is that the uplocks can be unlocked (latches that keep the gear stowed during the flight). Doing this will allow gravity to extend the gear. If neither of the two work, it can be done by hand with a crank.”

Students had their mouths hanging open at the answer, astounded by how precise it was. She’d worded out the procedure and come up with three ways to solve the problem rather than just one.

“Spurting the text book back does not mean you understand what you’ve learnt Miss Chou.” Sana smirked.

Tzuyu frowned at the teacher’s response. It wasn’t a text book answer. She’d formed it herself with her own knowledge and research.

“If no one else would like to disrupt the class, we shall progress through. Moving on, we’ll go around the classroom and each person will introduce themselves.” Sana asked, eyes still on Tzuyu. Her answer was correct but it seemed like she was overconfident in the way she was explaining things. She felt like there was something behind the aura she gave off and she could tell while she was observing Tzuyu. She was different.

The bell rang and the students piled out, exiting the classroom in a fit of giggles and booming voices. Tzuyu remained seated in her chair, waiting for everyone to leave before she approached the teacher.

“You know Miss Minatozaki, you don’t have to stare at me for that long. Taking a picture could possibly last longer.” Tzuyu smirked.

“Aha. Don’t get ahead of yourself Miss Chou.” Sana replied.

“I’m sure you would love it anyway. You can’t seem to take your eyes off me.” Tzuyu added cockily, walking towards the table where Sana was standing.

“Don’t mistake what I do in my class Miss Chou. It’s called observing. An act where you scrutinise a student you think would be troublesome in the classroom.” Sana scoffed.

Tzuyu leaned in closer to Sana, mouth brushing across her ear. “Using observing as an excuse? Didn’t think teachers were that advanced when it came to lying. Well Miss Minatozaki, you’d be surprised by how troublesome I can actually be. I think you’ll enjoy your observation.” Tzuyu walked out, leaving a flustered Sana behind.

 


A/N: Ah, sorry for updating so late T_T
I couldn't think of how to word the beginning.

Hope you like the chapter *^*
Sorry for any typos ~