Opened

Time Flies

“Hello? Sana?” Tzuyu snapped her fingers in front of Sana’s face. She seemed to be lost in some other world for a few moments.

“Huh?” Sana responded, coming out of her daze.

Was I imagining everything right now? Dear, oh dear. I need to cleanse my brain; I can’t believe I’m considering being in a relationship with my student.

“I was asking if you wanted to stay the night? It’s already so late so you should just stay over. Take a car of mine tomorrow. It would be best if you stayed.” Tzuyu said, scratching her head. She didn’t want to come off as clingy, but she really wanted to have Sana here right now.

“Uh…” Sana contemplated, thinking about her words. Sure, it was late but she had her own car and she could just drive home. Though, she also didn’t want to leave Tzuyu on her own from the events of the day.

Tzuyu was staring at Sana for a while as she contemplated her offer. Actually, she’d said what her heart wanted and suggested that she wanted more than friendship. Sana froze and it seemed like she didn’t realise Tzuyu has asked. Either she purposely refused to acknowledge the statement or Sana was too dazed to realise Tzuyu had indeed asked the question. So right now, her heart felt like it was going to jump out of her chest as she waited for a response from Sana.

“I have a proposition.” Sana offered.

“Hmm?” Tzuyu replied, surprised.

“If I stay, you tell me what happened today.” Sana suggested, crossing her arms as she faced Tzuyu.

Tzuyu had two choices at that time. One was that she could open up to Sana – something she’s never been able to do with anyone else in her life other than her friends. Two was that she could let her go home and forget this ever happened. But the thing was that she wanted Sana to stay. She didn’t want her to leave at this time of night as well. Was the “too late to leave” reason an excuse she made for it to be more reasonable if Sana stayed over?

“Will you tell me something about yourself first?” Tzuyu offered, not yet ready to talk.

“Tzuyu.” Sana frowned, crossing her arms.

“Please? Just until I can figure out where to start?” Tzuyu pleaded. Sana nodded in agreement, sighing heavily.

“Well, I’m an only child. I arrived here from Japan about five years ago. I haven’t talked to my parents ever since they left me here and I’ve been relying on my fellow friends to become what I am today.” Sana started. She could sense the hesitance in Tzuyu to open up and she completely understood that. But the thing was, keeping it in will make things worse.

“Tzuyu, let me in. I know there’s something holding you back; something that’s making you push away others.” Sana said gently.

“I’ve never talked about it with anyone.” Tzuyu muttered, looking away from Sana.

“It will be hard, I know that. But I want you to trust me Tzuyu. Just say whatever comes to mind. I’ll be by your side through it all.” Sana said softly, turning Tzuyu around to face her. She slipped her hand through hers, holding it tightly. She wanted Tzuyu to know that she was there for her, that she wasn’t going to leave.

Tzuyu didn’t know why, but for once, she hadn’t flinched at someone else’s contact. She did not fear her touch, she sought her touch instead. She’d purposely taken her hand away from Sana’s at the club earlier and she’d regretted it instantly – missing the contact. Now, she was holding her hand and it was the most comforting thing she’d experienced in a while. It made her feel safe and it made her feel like she could give her trust.

“I don’t know. I don’t know where to start. I don’t know what to say.” Tzuyu shook her head, tears forming.

“Hey, hey, Tzuyu. Listen to me. Breathe.” Sana said gently. “It’s not good to hold it all in here.” Sana pointed to her chest. Trying to comfort her, she cradled Tzuyu’s cheeks, bringing her in for a hug. It was really bothering her that she’d never seen how troubled Tzuyu really was with everything. She always had a smile on her face when she came to her classes. She teased Sana when she wanted to; she excelled in her work too. Tzuyu was breaking apart now – would Sana be able to provide any help at all to be able to heal her?

After a few minutes of patting and words that Sana would hope would calm Tzuyu down, she finally separated from the hug. With her head down, Tzuyu refused to make eye contact with Sana. She was a little embarrassed of her outburst. With sudden confidence and surprising Sana, Tzuyu pulled her hand, bringing her to sit on the couch. She took a deep breath as they sat, holding on to Sana’s hand tightly.

“Well, I’m the child of the pilot who was better known as Senior C.” Tzuyu started, earning a gasp from Sana. “He was my world. I always looked up to him no matter what – he’s the reason I’m pushing forward so much about my own desire to become a pilot like him. It was – he was only flying with my mother when his plane crashed.” She paused, taking a deep breath. Sana looked at her with concern as Tzuyu shut her eyes tightly. She placed her hand over Tzuyu’s fist, seeing her relax immediately.

“They investigated it and they said it was my dad’s fault – saying he was under the influence of alcohol. But the thing is that my father never had a sip of anything that could affect his flying. He refused to; it was against his ‘rules’. Flying was his passion and I know he wouldn’t risk himself and my mother by flying if he decided to do such a thing.” Tzuyu continued, biting her lip to stop herself from breaking down.

“This was when I was a lot younger though. People called me heartless for not crying over my parents’ death but I just never showed them that I did. I was shattered and broken. I changed a lot; I tried to become stronger and a whole lot of things happened after that between the four of us friends so we all collectively decided to move here and start new.” Tzuyu explained, unable to hold back her tears anymore.

Sana was unable to word a response, her heart hurting seeing Tzuyu in such a condition. So whatever happened in the day time was related to this? She didn’t want to ask anymore than she’d already imposed on. She couldn’t push Tzuyu further when she’d already told her so much about herself. Sana pulled Tzuyu closer to her, holding her tight in her embrace. Tzuyu was still sobbing, a little quieter now.

“I’m sorry.” Sana mumbled into Tzuyu’s hair. The words fell on deaf ears as Tzuyu’s heavy breathing was a sign of her falling asleep.

More than anything, Sana knew what it felt like to change yourself because of a personal issue. She’d gone through a major change when her parents left her here on her own simply because of her uality. Had it not been for her friends at the academy, she didn’t know where she would be. Sana looked on as Tzuyu rested in her arms, a frown present on her face even while she was sleeping.

She shouldn’t be doing this. She shouldn’t be this close to someone she’s teaching. Sure, she wanted to be the one who took care of her and worried about her but shouldn’t there be a line in the middle? But what line existed when Tzuyu was currently in her arms? That she’d opened up to her about everything that had happened in her past? Also, not forgetting all the extra flirting Tzuyu showcased? There was clearly something brewing between them and she didn’t know if she wanted to take this further or drop it before it escalated.

Sana smoothed out Tzuyu’s brows, seeing her relax her shoulders. She was currently in an icky situation; she needed to get Tzuyu to a bed without waking her up. As carefully as she could be, she slipped out of their embrace, hearing Tzuyu mumble immediately. She couldn’t help but chuckle to herself at the fact that she was doing this for a second time in the same day. She was still curious as to why Tzuyu had rejected her touch at first when they were at the club yet allowed her later on.

She was about to slip out of the room where she let Tzuyu down when Tzuyu had held on to her arm. Turns out that she wasn’t completely asleep.

“Could you stay here? Please?” Tzuyu asked, whispering to Sana. She shouldn’t have turned around, but she did – she froze upon looking into her eyes.

“Tzuyu–”

“Just for one night – please. Let me bask in the fact that there’s someone there for me.” Tzuyu pleaded, breaking down again. If Sana’s heart was hurting before, it was breaking now, seeing how much Tzuyu sought comfort. All this time, she held in the desire to share the burden holding her down but now that she’s lifted some of it, she needs the reassurance that it was the right decision.

Giving in to her wishes, Sana nodded, hesitantly climbing into the bed as well. Tzuyu was facing away from Sana but she could tell that she was still crying, shoulders shaking as an indication. She didn’t want to scare her off further with anything but she wasn't going to be sleeping anytime soon if she didn’t do something.

“Tzuyu, turn around.” Sana called out softly.

Tzuyu simply shook her head, not wanting Sana to see her in this condition.

“Please.” Sana pleaded, holding on to Tzuyu’s shoulder lightly. With much hesitance, Tzuyu turned around, refusing to everywhere but at Sana.

Sana pushed herself to do something. She lifted up Tzuyu’s face, wiping away her tears and cupping her cheeks. She was going to do this, she was actually going to do this. Sana pressed her lips against Tzuyu’s forehead, lingering for a few moments.

“It’ll be okay. No one is going to leave you.” Sana whispered, earning a nod from Tzuyu. She could tell that Tzuyu was slipping off to sleep and she could feel herself doing the same.


A/N: I love you all, even if you'll hate me after that cliffhanger before :P
Hope you don't mind this messy update~

Apologies for any typos (͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)