Settling

Time Flies

Tzuyu had already messaged her friends when she’d seen Dahyun standing outside the door of her condo. What part of “I don’t want to see you” did she not get? She waited for a few minutes in her car, trying to kill time and have some sort of backup to her situation before she got out of her car. When she spotted a familiar silver car at the corner of her street, Tzuyu climbed out, slamming her door shut and effectively scaring Dahyun in the process.

“What are you doing here.” Tzuyu seethed as she approached her.

“You really think I would’ve heeded your words?” Dahyun chuckled, dragging her finger across Tzuyu’s chest. The hand was quickly slapped away by Tzuyu who was having none of the games Dahyun was trying to play.

“I told you that I’d call the police if you stepped foot here Dahyun. I meant it.” Tzuyu glared, taking a few steps back from Dahyun.

“You wouldn’t call them.” Dahyun smiled.

“Don’t test me.” Tzuyu snarled.

“Well, I could easily pass over these photos of you and your instructor over to the academy and your career would be over.” Dahyun smirked, holding a manila folder.

Tzuyu flipped through the photos, trying to keep a poker face as she browsed through them. Honestly, none of the pictures showed anything that put them in a compromising situation but Tzuyu wasn’t going to show Dahyun she had the upper hand yet.

“Is there something you want me to do for you to get rid of those?” Tzuyu sighed, attempting to look annoyed.

“It’s simple – just come back to me.” Dahyun shrugged.

“And why would I do that after everything that you’ve done? Why would I believe you? You said I meant nothing to you.” Tzuyu frowned.

“I realised that I liked you after I hurt you. I never meant to do any of what I did. My parents wanted me to hurt Mina so that it would in turn affect her family company.” Dahyun explained.

“That doesn’t change anything. You chose to do it. That’s like handing someone a loaded gun and telling them to shoot.” Tzuyu scoffed. “Won’t it be their fault if the person dies? Yes, it would be.”

“But–”

“You ruined Chaeyoung and Mina’s life. You broke them apart. I had to watch my friends suffer for countless years because of you. As if you wouldn’t do the same again.” Tzuyu laughed.

“I’ve changed.” Dahyun persuaded.

“Changed? From what I see, you’re still the same. You’re still trying to be manipulative. You’re still trying to get the upper hand. You’re still trying to blackmail me. So, tell me Dahyun, how have you changed? Because everything I just said, is the same as all those times back. You think you have the right to blackmail me into coming back to you? Are you out of your mind?! Never, and I mean it when I say never, will I ever think about being in a relationship with a person who only wants to control everything and anything around them just for the sake of their parents.” Tzuyu shouted.

Momo, Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung stood behind her in the following moments, keeping Tzuyu back from unleashing her fury on Dahyun. They’d never seen Tzuyu so angry in their entire lives.

“Dahyun, disappear. Right now.” Chaeyoung demanded.

“And if I don’t?” Dahyun grinned.

“I’ll personally make sure that your father hears about this, cuts off your funds and your family business goes down the drain.” Jeongyeon answered immediately.

“You have no power to do that. My dad’s company is greater than any out there.” Dahyun snorted.

“Guess you haven’t heard of JMTC?” Momo questioned, crossing her arms. Dahyun paled at the name and they knew they nailed it.

“Seems like you have. JMTC can crush your company with a flick of our fingers.” Chaeyoung smirked.

“You’re bluffing.” Dahyun shook her head, refusing to believe the girls. Jeongyeon pulled out her phone, dialling the company number and placing it on speaker phone.

Hi Miss Yoo, how can I help you?

“Andrew, if we remove our partnership with Kim Global, what would be the result?” Jeongyeon asked.

Well Miss Yoo, they rely on JMTC for their funding for their technology. It would be easy for their stocks to decrease in value and for them to become bankrupt. They are currently loaning money from us so the damage would be great.

“Thanks Andrew. Can you keep my suggestion up there as a note? I might implement it after discussing it further.” Jeongyeon added, smiling as Dahyun looked like she was about to cry.

“So, do you believe us now?” Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow, tapping her foot impatiently. “JMTC. Jeongyeon, Momo, Tzuyu & Chaeyoung. Need we say more?”

“Dahyun. Your presence here is not needed. It’s very dangerous for you to be roaming around this place, especially since I already warned you. If you aren’t out of this town by midnight today, then I’ll make sure to break this deal with Kim Global. You’re not the only one who can threaten others.” Tzuyu sneered, circling around Dahyun. “And also, if I find a single person following any of us, I will destroy you. Delete the files and pictures and pretend like they never existed.”

Dahyun nodded, fear etched over her face. She stumbled back, running out of Tzuyu’s compound and driving away from the condo.

“Do you think it worked?” Momo questioned.

“She knows her boundaries. If she wants to continue living the way she is now, she better not come here again.” Tzuyu sighed heavily.

“I wonder where things went wrong with her.” Chaeyoung muttered.

“Family pressure and being an only child can cause a lot of things.” Momo said, shaking her head.

“Those pictures didn’t even show anything either. She has poor skills in picking out effective photographers.” Tzuyu snorted. “The closest we were in those photos was us holding hands. How does that even show we’re in a romantic relationship?”

“I’m proud of you though. You’re a lot stronger now.” Chaeyoung complimented, patting Tzuyu’s back.

“How about some drinks? I feel like we need it after dealing with all this crap.” Jeongyeon suggested, sighing heavily.

“Good idea. But we’re probably going to have to bring our girls along.” Chaeyoung chuckled.

“Our girls – wow Chae.” Momo teased.

“What, it’s true. They’ll be mad if we don’t take them too.” Chaeyoung explained.

“You guys go ahead. I’m not up to drinking today. I feel so angry and annoyed so I might head to the gym to release it all instead.” Tzuyu said, making the other three frown.

“Tzuyu, just come out for the night. You don’t have to drink or anything.” Momo suggested.

“I’ll be the DD then.” Tzuyu nodded, agreeing to their plans.

“Thanks, Tzuyu! You’re the best!” They all squealed, hugging Tzuyu who wanted to escape from their embrace.

Tzuyu didn’t want to disturb Sana’s possible reunion with her parents so she didn’t call her out to hang out with the rest of them. As much as she wanted to go out with Sana today, she’d rather not impose on her time remaining before Sana’s parents returned to Japan. She wanted Sana to bond because she knew what it felt like to have no parents. And as much as they’d hurt Sana, they still have a big influence in her life and who she’d become.

In a short hour, Tzuyu drove her friends down to their frequented bar. She was immediately engulfed in a hug from Mina as they met up with the girlfriends at their booth. As usual, Mina asked so many questions that Tzuyu’s head was left swimming in an overload as a result. Tzuyu had only chuckled, reassuring Mina that everything was going to be okay. Honestly, she felt a lot lighter now than before. Confronting Dahyun was what she needed to close the wounds on her heart and be at peace.

Tzuyu remained behind as she watched the rest of her friends have fun at the dance floor. There’s a sense of pride that exists when she sees who’s around her today. She never thought she’d meet such loyal friends who stood by her through thick and thin, supporting her in everything she did. While she didn’t have parents, she had three siblings who were there for her along the rocky road. They were all there for each other, kicking butts and causing mischief. Time had only made their bond stronger.

She was in such deep thought that she hadn’t even realised that a figure was slowly creeping behind her, stealthily walking towards her. Tzuyu shot upright when hands covered her eyes. She sighed when she heard the giggle escape the person’s mouth and she brought her hand down, kissing her palm.

“Were you planning on giving me a heart attack?” Tzuyu muttered as she turned around to face Sana.

“I can’t believe you didn’t invite me.” Sana snickered, punching Tzuyu’s shoulder lightly.

“I told you that I wanted you to spend time with your parents.” Tzuyu justified, opening her arms for Sana to join her.

“You’re my priority right now Tzuyu.” Sana shook her head, snuggling against Tzuyu’s neck.

“But your parents are important.” Tzuyu frowned.

“I know they are but you’re just as important. I want to be there for you just as much as you’re there for me as well.” Sana smiled, kissing the base of Tzuyu’s neck.

“Hmph. Alright. I need to tell you about Dahyun as well.” Tzuyu sighed heavily.

“You met her today?” Sana asked, facing Tzuyu.

“She was waiting for me outside of my condo when I left your apartment.” Tzuyu answered, fiddling with her fingers in her lap.

“Even after your conversation with her before?” Sana said, scrunching up her nose.

“She doesn’t know how to take no for an answer. She wanted me to get back with her and tried blackmailing me but it didn’t turn out so well on her part.” Tzuyu ruffled her hair in annoyance.

“She wanted you back?” Sana chuckled, thinking about the possibility.

“The last thing I’d ever want is to be back with her. I still can’t believe she thought she could blackmail me.” Tzuyu scoffed, shaking her head.

“Are you okay?” Sana mumbled, cupping Tzuyu’s cheeks to make her look up.

“I am now.” Tzuyu replied, offering a small smile. Sana giggled, leaning in and kissing Tzuyu on her lips. Who knew that this supposed badass girl was actually completely soft and amazing. She was so strong against Dahyun and she’d managed to break out of the hold she had on her, fighting back when she felt threatened. She was truly a rare gem.

“Can I wear your jacket?” Sana mumbled as she shuddered, hugging Tzuyu again.

“Cold?” Tzuyu asked as she shrugged it off her shoulders.

“No, I just like wearing your clothes.” Sana admitted, chuckling as Tzuyu froze in her spot.

Sana hid herself in Tzuyu’s jacket, sighing softly as she watched her friends become crazy at the dance floor. She never really thought that she’d become the person she was today, find three wonderful friends and attempt to reunite with her parents. She didn’t think she’d find someone as amazing as Tzuyu, who always managed to put a smile on her face. Everything had happened so fast, it didn’t feel like they were nearing the end.

“Should we join them?” Sana suggested.

“You want to go crazy?” Tzuyu chuckled. Pointing out the fact that Momo and Jihyo were basically having a make-out session as they danced while Jeongyeon and Nayeon were gulping down shots. Unsurprisingly, Mina and Chaeyoung were in the middle – Chaeyoung was glaring at everyone who was staring at her girlfriend. “I don’t think I want to have people staring at you.” She muttered, holding Sana tightly.

“I just want all of us to be together. Let’s go.” Sana smiled, kissing Tzuyu to ease her worries before pulling her up and towards the others.

As Sana danced away in front of her, Tzuyu could only help but stare. She had a beautiful girlfriend – an amazing one. Someone who helped her become open and someone she could trust. She was a gift she didn’t deserve but she’d cherish it. Their gazes locked and Sana offered a shy smile, placing Tzuyu’s hands on her waist. She slipped her hands around Tzuyu’s neck, leaning their foreheads together as they swayed together.

All of them were huddled around the same area, giggling and shouting and enjoying themselves to the max (before the realisation hit them that exams were around the corner). There were so many ups and downs that they all experienced. So many obstacles and so many issues. They all learned to trust each other more, rely on each other more and to believe in each other more. The 8 of them were solidly bonded through their past and their present but most of all, they would be bonded until their future.

The most beautiful moments always seemed to accelerate and slip beyond one’s grasp just when you want to hold onto them for as long as possible, so live in the moment and cherish it. Who knows when such a chance will be back again.


A/N: Ahaha, I felt like this was a very poor ending and it seemed rushed ;-;
I might add an epilogue but I'm unsure about that yet hehe~

If you think it ended too abruptly, I understand.
The focus of the story was meant to be mainly Tzuyu overcoming her struggles but I added a few extra problems that maybe I shouldn't have :']
Nevertheless, I still hope the chapter was reasonable.

It's honestly hard to believe that I managed to finish this before the year ended. I was slowly losing faith in the story which is why I tried to wrap it up quicker and probably rushed the ending as a result. But, I would've rather given you all some kind of ending than abandon it and leave you questioning things by the end of the story instead kekeke.

I want to thank you all for being by my side as I finish another story. I've met some great people who have supported me and cheered me on as I went through countless struggles. Thank you for subscribing and reading this, commenting and upvoting. Each of those make me smile. I'm still slowly developing my writing skills and they aren't the best but I will continue to work hard to give you all proper updates.

I'll see you at my next story! (Most likely DahMo :P)

- Z.