Dated

Time Flies

“Look, I’m already an adult! You can’t stop me from going inside.” Jeongyeon shouted.

“Ma’am, we need some form of identification. We’re just following rules here.” The guard spoke.

“Oh for god’s sake!” Jeongyeon scoffed, turning around and crouching to be level with her nephew. “I’m sorry Min, I can’t take you today. How about we go to the park?” She suggested.

She didn’t want to disappoint him, after all it had taken an hour just to come to the theme park. Jeongyeon’s sister was most likely going to kill her but she couldn’t do anything about it. Min played with his fingers and Jeongyeon knew it was a sign he was really upset.

“But I wanted to go in.” Min pouted, kicking an invisible pebble.

“I’m sorry Min~ I don’t have my school card with me so they won’t let me in.” Jeongyeon sighed, hugging him as he started sobbing quietly.

“But I’m 10 already! It means I’m old enough!” Min whined, Jeongyeon patting his back to comfort him and stop his cries. She couldn’t feel more guilty about the whole situation. The sight of Min crying was tearing her apart. Why had she been so forgetful?

“Are you two okay?” Someone asked. Jeongyeon’s eyes widened, recognising the voice immediately. What was she doing here out of all places? She turned around, facing Nayeon who was frowning at the sight of Min crying.

“Uh, yes… kind of.” Jeongyeon muttered, growing awkward seeing Nayeon here in front of her. Even more so since they hadn’t really talked to each other since the time they’d kissed in the classroom.

“We really can’t go in?” Min asked again.

“Yes Min. I don’t have my card with me. They don’t think I’m old enough to take you inside.” Jeongyeon explained again.

“I can go in with you two. I did bring my card.” Nayeon suggested, earning a scoff from Jeongyeon. She knew Nayeon was indirectly teasing her about not bringing her card. She’d sacrifice anything to make Min happy though so she nodded, holding on to Min’s hand as Nayeon led them inside.

“Thank you, Miss!” Min said bowing to Nayeon.

“I’m not that old for you to call me Miss.” Nayeon gasped, pretending to be offended.

“Hehe I’m sorry~.” Min giggled, shaking his head.

“You can call me Nayeon.” She said, offering her hand for Min to shake.

“I’m Haemin but you can call me Min.” Min responded, giggling once again. Jeongyeon raised an eyebrow at her nephew’s behaviour before she realised what it could be. He was probably smitten with her already. Seems like it runs in the family.

“Let’s get some tickets first, shall we?” Jeongyeon broke their moment, clearing as she pulled Min to walk on her other side while she moved to the middle. Min whined and Nayeon bit back a smile as she pretended not to know what Jeongyeon had just done.

“Can I go on the rollercoaster first?” Min asked, jumping up and down as he pointed.

“Sure Min. Come on.” Jeongyeon chuckled as she let herself be dragged by Min.

Nayeon was walking behind the two of them quietly, finding the sight very cute. Min had run ahead of them, standing in line and Jeongyeon slowed down her pace, falling in line with Nayeon. The two were quiet, knowing fairly well that the topic of their kiss has to be brought up sooner or later. Jeongyeon nodded to Min, pointing out that they’ll be standing outside the ride area.

“So about that kiss.” Jeongyeon muttered.

“This isn’t really the place to talk about it Jeongyeon.” Nayeon shook her head.

“We’re never going to talk about it if we continue like this.” Jeongyeon frowned.

“There’s nothing to say.” Nayeon shrugged, distancing herself.

“You kissed me back.” Jeongyeon pointed out.

“Well I’m sorry then.” Nayeon said in frustration, pushing her hair back.

“Sorry for what? I don’t want an apology.” Jeongyeon whined.

“I don’t know what else I can say.” Nayeon muttered, walking away. Before Jeongyeon could approach her again, Min had come running back to them, thrilled will the ride he was just on.

“Let’s go on the next ride!” Min squealed, jumping up and down. Jeongyeon chuckled, nodding and walking behind Min. She checked on Nayeon, noticing she was in her own world and almost about to get lost.

She shook her head, telling Min to stop as she went to help Nayeon to walk faster. “Miss Im, you’re going to get lost.” Jeongyeon called out, not wanting to pull her.

Nayeon felt like Jeongyeon was using Miss Im on purpose but shrugged it off, walking faster to linger behind the two of them. She knew she was going to have to talk to her again when Min went on the next ride.

The two of them were once again left alone and awkwardness hung in the air between them. They stood in silence until Nayeon couldn’t take it anymore. She walked away, trying to get away from Jeongyeon instead. Jeongyeon followed her, slipping her arm around Nayeon’s waist to pull her back as she tried to walk away.

“Are you crazy? Jeongyeon, we’re in public! Let go! You’re always going to be the person who hurt me.” Nayeon seethed, pushing her arm away from her waist. A flash of hurt could be seen in Jeongyeon’s eyes and Nayeon had regretted her actions. Jeongyeon had masked it, putting on a smile and nodding before she turned around.

“Jeong–”

“Let’s go closer to the rides Miss Im, I’m sure Min’s one is almost over anyway.” Jeongyeon mumbled, walking away first. Nayeon bit her lip in worry; she hadn’t meant to come off as harsh as she did. She had to do something to fix it but the bigger question was why she was feeling that way? She was worried that Jeongyeon was still the same as before. What if she wanted to ruin her life again? What if pursuing whatever it was between the two of them cost her the job she’d worked hard for?

She couldn’t lie – there was something brewing between them but at the back of her mind, Nayeon always remembers the girl who got her expelled. It’s hard for her to be able to trust these weird feelings when she can’t seem to move on from the past.

“Nayeon, don’t you want to go on any rides?” Min asked, breaking her out of her thoughts.

“Not yet Min. Which ride do you want to go on next?” Nayeon asked, giggling as Min pointed to another ride, jumping excitedly again.

“She lets him call her by her name.” Jeongyeon muttered under her breath, gripping Min’s hand tightly as he tried to run to the ride.

Jeongyeon laughed at something Min said and Nayeon stared at her for a few moments, taking in how beautiful she looked. She knew she was screwed when she kept staring with intensity.

“Is there something wrong Miss Im? I don’t think you should be staring so hard.” Jeongyeon mocked, chuckling as Nayeon blushed.

“Can you stop calling me Miss Im? I know you’re doing it on purpose.” Nayeon scoffed.

“What would you rather me call you?” Jeongyeon asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Just call me Nayeon as well.” Nayeon mumbled, walking away from Jeongyeon and leaving her chuckling behind.

They waved at Min as he entered the ride and Nayeon took this as a chance to apologise for earlier and give Jeongyeon an explanation.

“Look, Jeongyeon. I’m mixed on whether I want to give you the true reason or not.” Nayeon started.

“What do you mean?” Jeongyeon asked, frowning.

“Why did you kiss me first?” Nayeon changed the topic, turning to face Jeongyeon.

“Well I like you. I’ve liked you for a while now.” Jeongyeon answered softly, shocking Nayeon.

“That can get you into a lot of trouble.” Nayeon said.

“Not really. Why would it? I’ve been like this since years ago. I’m willing to accept all risks that come with it.” Jeongyeon shrugged.

Min came running back in the next minute and that surprised Nayeon.

“Are the rides seriously that short?” Nayeon whispered in Jeongyeon’s ear. She shuddered in response, not expecting her to be so close to her.

“It usually takes longer for the line to progress than they actual ride.” Jeongyeon clarified.

“Can I go on one ride before lunch?” Min pouted and Jeongyeon couldn’t say no.

“I believe it’s your turn for an explanation Nayeon.” Jeongyeon asked, waving to Min as he seated himself on the next ride.

“I meant it when I said that I don’t know if I should be honest. I was expelled because of you – I had to move schools. How do I know that you’re not planning to get me to lose my job now?” Nayeon huffed, crossing her arms. She pretended that Jeongyeon calling her Nayeon didn’t affect her but it did, a lot.

“Nayeon~ I already bared all and told you that I like you. It was never my intention to get you expelled. I was being a childish brat at that stage of my life.” Jeongyeon said, shaking her head.

“Whatever this is, it’s dangerous.” Nayeon muttered.

“Why?” Jeongyeon frowned, locking eyes with Nayeon. In that moment, Jeongyeon could see all the conflicted feelings Nayeon was going through.

“Jeongyeon – we don’t even know what we feel for each other. I don’t know if what I feel for you is like or something else.” Nayeon explained as she shuffled closer to Jeongyeon.

“We won’t know unless we try, right?” Jeongyeon suggested, lips ghosting over Nayeon’s.

“Weeee!” Min squealed, running out of the gates towards them. Jeongyeon raised an eyebrow, asking for agreement and Nayeon nodded. “That was fun!” Min said to Nayeon.

He held her hand, leaving Jeongyeon behind with hanging open. Min stole Nayeon once again! Muttering under her breath, Jeongyeon caught up with them, sneakily slipping her hand through Nayeon’s as she turned the other way, not looking at Nayeon’s threatening glare. She tried to get her hand out of Jeongyeon’s grip but it was too hard so she gave up.

“Aunty, can I go to the bathroom?” Min asked Jeongyeon.

“Sure, there’s one right here.” Jeongyeon pointed out to a nearby building. She walked him inside, leaving Nayeon outside as she heard people talk about Jeongyeon. She never understood why men ualised women so much and hearing such things about Jeongyeon made her mad. Nayeon tapped her foot impatiently, glaring at the guys who were still standing by the bathroom to look Jeongyeon again.

As soon as she’d spotted Jeongyeon, she grabbed her collar and pushed her against the nearest wall, taking her by surprise. Jeongyeon raised an eyebrow at her to get a response and Nayeon had simply answered by slanting her lips over hers. Jeongyeon froze, unsure of what was going on. Her mind cleared moments later and she tangled her hands in Nayeon’s hair, bringing her closer. Nayeon’s leg rested between Jeongyeon’s and her hands had lowered from her collar to rest at her waist. They broke apart, catching their breaths as Jeongyeon looked up to Nayeon, noticing a blush on her cheeks.

“What–”

“Aunty!” Min shouted, a groan escaping Jeongyeon’s lips as she couldn’t delve into the situation further.

“Alright, let’s get something to eat before we head home.” Jeongyeon mumbled, noticing Nayeon was still frozen in her spot. “Nayeon!” She called out, blush darkening as she was brought out of her daze.

“Coming!” She replied, jogging up to the two of them.

“So you never told me how you ended up here?” Jeongyeon asked.

“Ah, I was going to head home since I came to meet a friend but I saw you and decided to help.” Nayeon explained.

“Thank you, for spending your time with us.” Jeongyeon smiled shyly, making Nayeon squeal inwardly. She didn’t know Jeongyeon was this cute.


A/N: I wanted to update a little earlier this week so that I could post today!
I hope you enjoyed this 2Yeon chapter~

Anyway, the main point of me uploading this chapter is because it's been a year since I joined this site.
I've written a few stories and gained some wonderful readers (aka you)
I wanted to thank you all for your support for the past year~ I hope you've enjoyed my stories.
I know I've never expanded past my main OTP (SaTzu if it isn't noticeable by now) but I'll be changing that this year.
I hope I can make you happy with what I write this upcoming year~
Thank you once again!

And also, I don't know who it was... but the person who put up the advertisement for this story today...
Come see me in my direct messaging please. We need to have a chat :P

Sorry for any typos ⚆ _ ⚆

Also, I started a curious cat account so if you want to ask me anything, just click on this :D